Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"WHO NEEDS BOBBY LINN WHEN WE'VE GOT BOBBY BARR"!!!

The boy was great today, doubt if there is a more direct young player in the Division. He turned the smokies defenders inside out a couple of times. In general the boys were all fantastic today. The best tempo we've seen for a long time. Well done to you boys and obviously Billy Broon has make his mark. Hope that Sloany gets the recognition he deserves as I'm sure it was him who cleared it off the line with his head near the end. That was the least we deserved as we should have been 3 up at half time.

Well done Fife and I hope the reaction of everyone at the end can be replicated next time at home. You could see the boys were chuffed coming off to the applause.

Great day.

Re: "WHO NEEDS BOBBY LINN WHEN WE'VE GOT BOBBY BARR"!!!

Bobby Linn is a poor mans Bobby Barr. Everything Barr does is quicker, sharper and more direct. His decision making and execution are excellent.

Linn isn't even in the same league. Literally!!

It was Robert Sloan who made the goal line clearance and yes, Bobby Barr has been terrific for us so far. No need to have a go at wee Linny though. He was a top Fifer.
Just saying etc.

Supporter yes the former fifer Linn was good for us. The king is dead long live the king. Sign the boy up, I'll chip in honest if we were going to get that every week I'm sure many of us would. You would get yer money back too.

Bobby Linn scored goals...how many has Barr got in how many games?

I think you all forget Bobby Linn was with us for a long time and you cunts pushed him out after a below average season for him (and every other single player on the team bar Ryan Wallace.) Bobby Barr's been here for a very short period and although it's fine to praise his performances I think it's bang out of order to bash Bobby Linn...

Love Bobby Linn to bits but there is no way we pushed him out.Bobby got a better offer elsewhere and went.How the fuck anybody can say thats our fault is beyond me......Get a grip.

Tell you what. I started the post in a good mood after seeing a young man work his socks off for the club. The title was in praise to his performance. For those who read it and think it was intended as a shot at Linn just think again it is in praise of a player who put in a great performance similar in some ways to Linn. However Barr clearly has more potential and hopefully ambition than the former Fifer who now play's at a lower level. Finally is there any need to use the c word on this subject. Bobby Linn was not forced out our club he left for more money and to play with his mates. Ask him!!!!

Hoppy
Love Bobby Linn to bits but there is no way we pushed him out.Bobby got a better offer elsewhere and went.How the fuck anybody can say thats our fault is beyond me......Get a grip.

Think it's referring to the, "Linn, you're a disgrace" shout after a game.

If the was a league for fans bickering amongst each other we would be champions league standard. Loved Linn and Barr looks to be better far quicker. Sorry if this post upset the former players fan club. Wee Tom McCafferty was better than both of them and I would say so was Gilbert Allan.

Linn left for willie grays cash and took a huge step down to line his pockets. That was his choice and good luck to him.
Regarding Barr, he is a better player tha Linn and would love for him to stay.