Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Billy Broon - Best EF Manager since Davie Clarke?

I know it is early days but I think so.

Re: Billy Broon - Best EF Manager since Davie Clarke?

Dave Baikie

DReW_PeaCoCK

Only results will tell, but as far as experience in management/Asst with Senior clubs and the very quick turn around of performance in The Fife, it may turn out to be so. Main thing is to keep BB though. He knows the game and he may be the man to take us forward IF we can keep him. He is very much respected in the football world and comes over as a good professional which he will [im sure]pass on to the squad.

Since our Pat Quinn/Clarkie era's i have been waiting for something to shout about and he may be that person, but he cant do it by coaching alone, he needs cash and where will that come from?? No one seems to want to contribute to the managers fund and as I've said many times a fiver a month from our brave 500 would certainly help. Crowds up to over 1000 would be great but that would take consistency on the pitch.Catch 22 really, we want the success but leave the club to depend on small gate receipts. We have the potential to have bigger crowds than St Johnstone and Killie [if stadium upgraded] Would be great to fill Bayview regularly to warrant the upgrade but sadly that will take a good few years of success and im 60 now so time running out for me, AWWW. At least we won the league cup when i was two, pity i cant remember.

Brown's made a promising start and I'm really chuffed.

However its amazing the extremes the posts on this forum go to!!!!!
We lose a match, and its the worst ever. We win, and we have the making of one of the all time great Fife sides

I hope Billy turns out indeed to be the best manager since Dave Clarke. However at the moment that honour surely must go to the great Steve Archibald

David McLean.

Drew Peacock 16 years old surely.

Fifeyboab
DReW_PeaCoCK

Only results will tell, but as far as experience in management/Asst with Senior clubs and the very quick turn around of performance in The Fife, it may turn out to be so. Main thing is to keep BB though. He knows the game and he may be the man to take us forward IF we can keep him. He is very much respected in the football world and comes over as a good professional which he will [im sure]pass on to the squad.

Since our Pat Quinn/Clarkie era's i have been waiting for something to shout about and he may be that person, but he cant do it by coaching alone, he needs cash and where will that come from?? No one seems to want to contribute to the managers fund and as I've said many times a fiver a month from our brave 500 would certainly help. Crowds up to over 1000 would be great but that would take consistency on the pitch.Catch 22 really, we want the success but leave the club to depend on small gate receipts. We have the potential to have bigger crowds than St Johnstone and Killie [if stadium upgraded] Would be great to fill Bayview regularly to warrant the upgrade but sadly that will take a good few years of success and im 60 now so time running out for me, AWWW. At least we won the league cup when i was two, pity i cant remember.

You raise a good point regrading crowds. When did we last average over 1000? This should really be an aim of the club to reach that level on a consistent basis and not just for the odd game. Of course playing well, being near the top of the league and getting into Division 1 would help but I do think attracting another 400-500 people through the gate is not an unrealistic target in the medium (2-3 years) term.

special aka

Is that an Ageist comment?? Tut Tut. what with J.Terry. Suarez then The Yids v West Ham, now Ef fan abusing fellow fan for making reasonable comment AND only 16!!!!What is the world coming to?

SickWorld
Oh man,you are gonna get in trouble.You cant abbreviate the name of a race or religion.
We are living in times where the word *a*i or y*d is deemed offensive,but the word Scot is not.

What on earth are you on about?

Fifeyboab
special aka

Is that an Ageist comment?? Tut Tut. what with J.Terry. Suarez then The Yids v West Ham, now Ef fan abusing fellow fan for making reasonable comment AND only 16!!!!What is the world coming to?

.....and don't call me Surely

DReW_PeaCoCK - worst post since AFTN was set up?

supporter
DReW_PeaCoCK - worst post since AFTN was set up?

What this does show you though is that Brown had a wee run when he first took over.....WITH THE SAME PLAYERS!!

Yes the players he now slates as being far inferior to the likes of the mighty Stenhousemuir!!

It doesnt take a genius to see that over time he has drained all the confidence out of them.

Their confidence went when they weren't offered new deals. Are you saying they should have been offered new deals for next season?

Noisy crossbar
Their confidence went when they weren't offered new deals. Are you saying they should have been offered new deals for next season?

One of the most absurd comments I have read over the last few days