Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AGM

Did the AGM take place on Monday and if so was there anything of note said or any probing questions asked?

Re: AGM

Bump.

I hope to have a brief summary of the accounts and AGM proceedings out to Trust members over the weekend.
Prior to that,a couple of comments. For the first time ever the club presented a summary of the key points from the accounts. Most of the information was simply extracting figures which were obvious from the P&L but there was a genuine attempt to explain why changes from the previous year's accounts had happened. It wasn't an in-depth analysis but it was a step towards being more open.

As expected,the AFTN posters who were ready to storm the barricades and were demanding "hard" and "difficult" be asked just melted away like snow in the sun. Despite an invitation to send questions I didn't receive one. Look back to the previous AGM thread and read the post from "watcher from afar" and the expression "full of wind and piss" springs to mind.

As an EF fan and well-placed Trust Chairman, you must've surely had some hard and difficult (obvious) questions of your own to pose at the AGM?

I'd no idea the AGM had been and gone.

Not The Other Chairman
I hope to have a brief summary of the accounts and AGM proceedings out to Trust members over the weekend.
Prior to that,a couple of comments. For the first time ever the club presented a summary of the key points from the accounts. Most of the information was simply extracting figures which were obvious from the P&L but there was a genuine attempt to explain why changes from the previous year's accounts had happened. It wasn't an in-depth analysis but it was a step towards being more open.

As expected,the AFTN posters who were ready to storm the barricades and were demanding "hard" and "difficult" be asked just melted away like snow in the sun. Despite an invitation to send questions I didn't receive one. Look back to the previous AGM thread and read the post from "watcher from afar" and the expression "full of wind and piss" springs to mind.

Well said TOC.

St Pauli Fifer
As an EF fan and well-placed Trust Chairman, you must've surely had some hard and difficult (obvious) questions of your own to pose at the AGM?

You have some nerve SPF! You dont go to any matches and now you have a sly dig at the Trust Chairman who puts in loads of voluntary hours for the club.

If you are such a know it all why dont YOU put yourself forward? In fact why not take over the club? I'm sure in your hands we would be chasing a champions league spot within a few seasons.

ALL HAIL THE MESSIAH! ALL HAIL THE ST PAULI FIFER!

SPF, what a surprise yet another moan and more criticism. There was a post on here about the AGM, but you have probably chose to ignore that. We all know u don't go to games and won't be back, so why don't u make the same commitment to AFTN. You won't be missed. Between you and Ken(fuck)wit AFTN is turned into moan and bore fest.

I don't remember any invitation to send questions. Is it somewhere on this forum? If it is, it must not have been highlighted. I can't remember any mention of the AGM on this forum in the past two or three weeks.
Were trust members told that the agm was on? It doesn't look like it. All it takes is one email. It can't be much of a surprise if no questions were sent in if members didn't know it was on.

St Pauli Fifer

You must be having memory problems then, here's the thread and funnily enough your the first person to post a reply

The word "TROLL" comes to mind!!

http://pub10.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=849684916&frmid=8&msgid=1326489&cmd=show

fifers fan
I don't remember any invitation to send questions. Is it somewhere on this forum? If it is, it must not have been highlighted. I can't remember any mention of the AGM on this forum in the past two or three weeks.
Were trust members told that the agm was on? It doesn't look like it. All it takes is one email. It can't be much of a surprise if no questions were sent in if members didn't know it was on.

use the search indicator and you will find that articles have placed about agm.

"GOF. Whoever represents the Trust at the AGM will be more than prepared to ask any "difficult" questions. My email address is shown so any Trust member can send a question accompanied by their name,address and membership no."

The above was posted by NTOC on 5th November.

Let's stop the squabbling. The trust was represented so what questions WERE asked?

BrianL
"GOF. Whoever represents the Trust at the AGM will be more than prepared to ask any "difficult" questions. My email address is shown so any Trust member can send a question accompanied by their name,address and membership no."

The above was posted by NTOC on 5th November.

So there was a single mention, on the twelfth post of a thread, 24 days ago. That's good, eh? That really left no one in any doubt about what was happening. Where's the communication? Where's the leadership?
Isn't it the Trust chairman's duty to be flagging up an important event such as the agm and seeking questions from the members he represents, rather than saying next to nothing about it and then taking his own "don't rock the boat" agenda to the meeting on behalf of the rest?

fifers fan

Isn't it the Trust chairman's duty to be flagging up an important event such as the agm and seeking questions from the members he represents, rather than saying next to nothing about it and then taking his own "don't rock the boat" agenda to the meeting on behalf of the rest?

Yes I presume it is but I think this would more likely to be communicated directly to trust members and not through an unofficial, non affiliated web site.

How do you know he didn't rock the boat, were you there?

Not The Other Chairman

Thanks Alan, I was highlightling the AGM in the hope that some aftn posters were present and would maybe share their thoughts on how it went, it does seem to have degenerated into the usual bee-atch fest however.

I'll look out for the email

Members were not contacted and that is no surprise. The EFSTrust has lost its way in the last two or three years. What has it done, apart from sell raffle tickets once a year? What does it want from East Fife as a club, and what can if offer East Fife apart from the match programme? That's no different than a couple of volunteers working for the club. What does the Trust stand for in 2012? Does its own members have any idea? Did they know the club AGM was on this week? Does the Trust ever communicate with its members?
The Trust chairman has ridiculed supporters on this thread but took care not to mention GOF. But GOF made the same points as others. Is GOF full of piss and wind too? No, he's not. He never has been. Could the chairman explain his position on that one?
Sometimes we read on AFTN the same old tired line that the Trust will do what its members want it to do. How about asking them, then? How about keeping them informed in the first place? It is hard to believe that the club's AGM has come and gone, and members are apparently going to be sent an email to summarise what happened but were not emailed before the event to let them know it was happening or to ask them if they wanted any questions asked. Why did this not happen? We've missed the bus now. Never mind, there will be another along in a year.
When the Trust was set up it was not welcomed by the club, and some questioned why members didn't just join the supporters club instead. That is a difficult suggestion to reject now, because the Trust has become an irrelevance. There is a member on the club board, but are supporters any better informed, or do we have any more influence than before? No. It has become a glorified supporters club, with not much emphasis on the glorified.
It sticks in my throat to say it, but the Trust has become pointless. I doubt if more than half a dozen people would miss it if it was wound up tomorrow.
How many new members have been recruited in the past two years? One? Two? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is zero.
I would stop paying my subs, if anybody bothered to ask for them. I don't even know if I am still officially a member, but the raffle tickets keep coming.

Well trust member you cetainly have some issues with the trust!

I was asked to join several years ago but it was not my cup of tea and I doubted its ability to be effective. But I was gladdened to see what they have achieved. They now have a respectable shareholding in the club and might have had much more if ( through their negotiations with Brook Mileson) Rankin had been willing to sell.( may be wrong on this)

They also made a valiant attempt to oust Broon by solicting proxies wherever they could and were'nt that far away from achieving this.

I am not a particular fan of the trust and have criticized them in the past. Also they have faded abit into the background recently. BUT remember the trust is not only the few officers but ALL it's members and if the members don't push the ooficers and provide ideas for advancement apathy sets in. I'm afraid that's what happened at both top and bottom of the trust.

All members who moan at the trust should attend meetings and stir things up with constructive ideas and crticism.

As for the AGM toc should know from this website and around what is concerning the supporters and not need the formality of receiving an email to ask the relevent questions. We'll see his report on this and also I would hope that Eugene as trust/supporter representative on the board should also have something to say.

What a rant but I hope it gives somethin to think about.

trust member

I would stop paying my subs, if anybody bothered to ask for them. I don't even know if I am still officially a member, but the raffle tickets keep coming.

I thought you were not a member of the Trust, SPF??

Jocky
trust member

I thought you were not a member of the Trust, SPF??

What?? I am (if it's not been revoked - I've not had any raffle ticket emails). Oh, I see what you're doing, you think 'trust member'.

Nope.

The Trust is still active & perhaps if some of those who are moaning had actually bothered to attend meetings or become involved in the running we would be even more active. Any organisation that has members has to be lead by members requests & demands & it cannot be left to board members to make all the running. If SPF or others had been paying attention it was decided 2 or 3 years ago that paying £10 gave life membership of the Trust.
If anyone is really interested the programme takes around 15 hours to collate & plan each edition that's why I had to take a back seat & TOC now does most if that himself.
Instead of moaning in here come & speak to Allan, Eugene or even me & give us your thoughts & wishes?
I am working on a project that will involve the 2003 promotion winning squad (10 years next year) but like previous things it will no doubt be down to the usual 3-4 who will push it through.
Anybody want to help? I won't hold my breath.

Well said Liam.

Liam Anderson
The Trust is still active & perhaps if some of those who are moaning had actually bothered to attend meetings or become involved in the running we would be even more active. Any organisation that has members has to be lead by members requests & demands & it cannot be left to board members to make all the running. If SPF or others had been paying attention it was decided 2 or 3 years ago that paying £10 gave life membership of the Trust.
If anyone is really interested the programme takes around 15 hours to collate & plan each edition that's why I had to take a back seat & TOC now does most if that himself.
Instead of moaning in here come & speak to Allan, Eugene or even me & give us your thoughts & wishes?
I am working on a project that will involve the 2003 promotion winning squad (10 years next year) but like previous things it will no doubt be down to the usual 3-4 who will push it through.

Spot on! Its time for the moaners (SPF and his merry men etc etc) to put up or shut up. There are certain individuals who just want to criticise and tear folk down, without being remotely interested in offering anything constructive.

How often are their meetings where ordinary trust members can come along and be updated about whats going on ?

The very existence of East Fife is far from certain over the next 5-10 years. Where would the Club be without the Rangers' money? Up shit creek?

Which of the key, obvious, questions were asked of the Board at the AGM by the Trust (or anyone else) and what were the answers given ?

That's all I'm asking on this thread.

NTOC gives his all and more for East Fife and if half of those bitchin (fans)? would step up to the plate and ask how they can help, East Fife would be in a much better place. Ask not what East Fife have done for you but what you have done for East Fife!

Auld Geezer
NTOC gives his all and more for East Fife and if half of those bitchin (fans)? would step up to the plate and ask how they can help, East Fife would be in a much better place. Ask not what East Fife have done for you but what you have done for East Fife!

Hear Hear AG.

trust member
Members were not contacted and that is no surprise. The EFSTrust has lost its way in the last two or three years. What has it done, apart from sell raffle tickets once a year? What does it want from East Fife as a club, and what can if offer East Fife apart from the match programme? That's no different than a couple of volunteers working for the club. What does the Trust stand for in 2012? Does its own members have any idea? Did they know the club AGM was on this week? Does the Trust ever communicate with its members?
The Trust chairman has ridiculed supporters on this thread but took care not to mention GOF. But GOF made the same points as others. Is GOF full of piss and wind too? No, he's not. He never has been. Could the chairman explain his position on that one?
Sometimes we read on AFTN the same old tired line that the Trust will do what its members want it to do. How about asking them, then? How about keeping them informed in the first place? It is hard to believe that the club's AGM has come and gone, and members are apparently going to be sent an email to summarise what happened but were not emailed before the event to let them know it was happening or to ask them if they wanted any questions asked. Why did this not happen? We've missed the bus now. Never mind, there will be another along in a year.
When the Trust was set up it was not welcomed by the club, and some questioned why members didn't just join the supporters club instead. That is a difficult suggestion to reject now, because the Trust has become an irrelevance. There is a member on the club board, but are supporters any better informed, or do we have any more influence than before? No. It has become a glorified supporters club, with not much emphasis on the glorified.
It sticks in my throat to say it, but the Trust has become pointless. I doubt if more than half a dozen people would miss it if it was wound up tomorrow.
How many new members have been recruited in the past two years? One? Two? I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is zero.

Sadly sums up our trust along at Starks Park who have been on the go a lot longer.Trusts in general are not welcome or wanted at most clubs and are more "put up with".

They have no influence at board room level

Difference is our's does have an influence at board level. Eugene has ruffled more than a few feathers during his time there!

A wee quick point about the subs - £10 is now a life membership. Has been for a few years so you won't be chased for subs.

If your email address is registered with us then you should be receiving regular emails from ToC. If not, email him your current details (as we know this can change) and the secretary will ammend it.

That is all!

Kerriann
A wee quick point about the subs - £10 is now a life membership. Has been for a few years so you won't be chased for subs.

If your email address is registered with us then you should be receiving regular emails from ToC. If not, email him your current details (as we know this can change) and the secretary will ammend it.

That is all!

Going by all the - quote "spending my hard earned cash" posts on this forum, the truth is more likely to be that, these moaners think the trust should pay THEM, to be members!

Liam Anderson
Difference is our's does have an influence at board level. Eugene has ruffled more than a few feathers during his time there!

You like to think they have influence.Ruffling feathers does not equate to influence.Do the board listen?probably.Do they action anything?probably not

TM
Liam Anderson

You like to think they have influence.Ruffling feathers does not equate to influence.Do the board listen?probably.Do they action anything?probably not

Probably yes actually, but not everything.

Liam Anderson

At least so he tells you. How do you know he isn't just rubbing people up the wrong way? It has been known.

Opinion
TM
Liam Anderson

Opinion is my username ya bawbag. Go get Your own.

i did post questions although the facebook statement answered some of them and i applaud the club for coming out and doing that i still have one question who owns the club. i have contacted club directly and got nowhere

the real Opinion
Opinion
TM
Liam Anderson

Opinion is my username ya bawbag. Go get Your own.

That's only your opinion, numbnuts!

Liam Anderson

Liam, happy to assist. Drop me an email etc

Seems to me like the ones that do all the work take all the crap yet the ones that do f*** all for the club do all the complaining.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

ANYBODY How often are their meetings where ordinary trust members can come along and be updated about whats going on????????????

Anyone know which questions were asked and the answers given?

Is it a secret?

Are the club obliged to post a detailed account of the agm?

kceffc
i did post questions although the facebook statement answered some of them and i applaud the club for coming out and doing that i still have one question who owns the club. i have contacted club directly and got nowhere

For a £1 you can get a list of shareholders From the Companies House website.

Last time I looked there were 200,000 shares and I think it was about 4 names held just over 1/2. Closer inspection revealed that there was a strong possibility they were linked to Rankin.

Draw your own conclusions and ask why someone never seen at the club wants to control it.

Ron A
Are the club obliged to post a detailed account of the agm?

As a private company I don't think they need to. However the trust through it's board rep or as a shareholder does supply details. They used to do this on their website but I just looked and the last (and only) one reported was for the 2009 AGM. In fact there seems to have been no new additions to the website since mid last year.

I know most fans get their information from this site but would it not be a good idea to resurrect the EFST to provide the information talked about on this thread. It would formalise and centralise information provision and people would not be able to complain if they did not visit EFST for official news rather than gleaning it informally here.

Kerriann

I have had two emails from the Trust in the last year, and one was about Supporters Direct. The other was a brief summary of Trust accounts. Is that it?

Look on the bright side George.You should have received your third email this afternoon but if not it will give you the opportunity to email someone.
Early next week you should get your fourth email telling you that the Trust AGM will be held later in December. You can treat that as your Christmas night out.(If lonesome george is really "Truckman" George then please don't hit me for this reply)

Four in 12 months? You are a machine. Take the rest of the year off.
What a tragedy that my species became extinct while waiting for your latest bulletin.

Looks like ntoc and his usual sarcastic, know it all and patronising comments have met their match.
Good on ya George

There seem to be some posters on here who either have personal issues with the Trust or enjoy being disgruntled.One thing for sure moaners will never be an endangered species.
As a Trust member from the start, other than attending AGMs and buying raffle tickets,I've done nothing for the Trust but I've great respect for the small number of people who put in a lot of time and effort.

Bob Moyes
There seem to be some posters on here who either have personal issues with the Trust or enjoy being disgruntled.One thing for sure moaners will never be an endangered species.
As a Trust member from the start, other than attending AGMs and buying raffle tickets,I've done nothing for the Trust but I've great respect for the small number of people who put in a lot of time and effort.

Hear, hear Bob.

Bob Moyes

Bob Moyes,
If posting on a Saturday night means I am getting old then you posting early on a Sunday morning must mean you had to get up for a pee and couldn't get back to sleep.

"Opinion is my user name you bawbag"

the real Opinion
Looks like ntoc and his usual sarcastic, know it all and patronising comments have met their match.
Good on ya George

You are a very,very,very cruel person and your words cut like a razor. You do not post often but when you do people take notice. I was impressed by the way you used bawbag to add meaning to the sentence.

Bob Moyes

Maybe it is moaning but it is also true that asking questions doesn't have to be seen as negative. The Trust has been going for a good few years now without anyone asking 'what's going on?' Or in this case 'what's not going on?' I don't remember moaners constantly having a whine about the Trust. I do remember a lot of praise for the Trust especially in its first few years.
Like you I have a lot of respect for those who make the effort. But your own level of involvement says a lot. Agms and raffles. What else could members be doing? Are they being asked to do anything? Do they have any idea what is going on? Doubt it.

Not The Other Chairman
Bob Moyes

Bob Moyes,
If posting on a Saturday night means I am getting old then you posting early on a Sunday morning must mean you had to get up for a pee and couldn't get back to sleep.

I have known Bob Moyes since 1954. (we went to Buckhaven Primary together) He has been a loyal East fife supporter as was his father before him and deserves respect like all other loyal supporters. Unfortunately I unlike Bob am not so loyal these days.

Wouldn't worry about NTOC's comments BOB, he's said a lot worse to my face over the years.He and I have both reached the reluctant conclusion that our best years are behind us and we're shadows of the men we used to be.