Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cup draw

■Scottish Cup fifth-round draw - ties to be played on 2/3 February
■Raith Rovers v Celtic/Arbroath
■St Mirren V Cowdenbeath/St Johnstone
■Dunfermline V Dumbarton/Hamiton
■Hibs v Aberdeen/Motherwell
■Falkirk v Forfar
■Dundee Utd v Rangers
■Dundee v Turriff Utd or Morton
■Kilmarnock v Ross County/Inverness CT

Re: Cup draw

Yes the mighty Arbroath at San Starko in the next round.

Don't tell me you will be dancing in the streets of Raith!

Well when I say dancing more like shuffling around past all the junkies drinking from bottles of Buckie. The town of Lino is officially Scotland's highest consumer of the Benedictine Monks brew (per head of population) It also has the most profitable branch of Sports Direct where tracksuits fly off the rails to feed the needs of the growing population of NEDS and CHAV'S (of all ages). In comparison the local shops have noted that only Glasgow sells less soap per head of population, than that town where they dance in the streets. Mind you I suppose you don't need soap or shampoo when you have to be de-loused every other day.

Anyway good luck to you and your wee team, can't see you getting past your great rival's in the who can be the smelliest support in Scotland. Certainly a day to avoid Lino land when the stinkers turn up in their green and white. If there was a god he would fire a gigantic washing machine at San Starko, and put the lot of you on a boil wash.

To BT does that stand for bum shagger?Your geography is so poor that you are off the mark by at least seven miles.Your description is correct but it belongs to the great unwashed of Halbeath Road,that's where the shit of Fife stay.Now go and wash your mouth out or we will send Willie Gray back.

Raithfan,

Tell you what, If you can arrange for Willie Gray to comeback, I will nip down to boots and buy shampoo, soap, deodorant and a loofah and for a small fee will arrange for a party of Fifers to give you the Bayview Spa treatment.

For all his faults which have been published he didn't do a great deal wrong for us ! BTW you can't call the mob who live on the Halbeath Road dirty, they have been totally cleaned out LOL. Another wee team who sacrificed everything trying to wrestle the crown of greatest ever FIFE side in History from the famous EAST FIFE !

Well said,but a load of dribble,still your entitled to youe dreams.By the way who did you get in the next round of the Scottish cup.There is only one wee team in Fife and you sir support them
I agree with you about Wullie Gray he certainly wound the team he supports, supporters up that's why you got such big crowds when you played us.Also,you are totally correct about the great unwashed from Scumfermline.They like that wee team from Govan tried to buy success,never works.Anyway save your soap you might need it in the third division.By the way take care of Billy Brown possibly the next Rovers manager.you heard it here first.

Dream on mate, Broony is a pro he has come with an achievable plan to wrestle the title of europe's best footballing side from Barca. We started by running riot over Arbroath and intend to teach stranrar a lesson this weekend. You just get yourself to B&Q and buy some anti rust paint and sort Out your wreck of a ground before it falls down.

raithfan
To BT does that stand for bum shagger?

Ah, the Kirkcaldy education.

raithfan
By the way who did you get in the next round of the Scottish cup..

Sorry no time left to play cup ties this season. Too busy polishing the replica Scottish Cup and 3 League Cups!

Takes a wee bit of time!

KotS liked your comment. My theory is that bum shagging is on the forefront of Raithfans mind. Well certainly when he is crusing the Internet looking for friends. Probably wore out all his mates at San starko AKA bumsville stadium sponsored by Alan Carr of chatty man fame

Looks like "The Rangers" won't take a ticket allocation for the game with Dundee United.

Perhaps DU should set the price at £1 a ticket and £10 for a pie. That would stop "The Rangers" from sponging off the rest of Scottish football

raithfan
Well said,but a load of dribble,still your entitled to youe dreams.By the way who did you get in the next round of the Scottish cup.There is only one wee team in Fife and you sir support them
I agree with you about Wullie Gray he certainly wound the team he supports, supporters up that's why you got such big crowds when you played us.Also,you are totally correct about the great unwashed from Scumfermline.They like that wee team from Govan tried to buy success,never works.Anyway save your soap you might need it in the third division.By the way take care of Billy Brown possibly the next Rovers manager.you heard it here first.

Ha, ha you couldn't afford him. Every Lino manager works with the imminent collapse of the club hanging over them as you lurch from one financial crisis to the next. An ex Rover like Billy Brown knows the score at Kirkcaldy only too well. Why do you think he didn't make himself available for the post when it was available earlier in the summer?

Sorry no time left to play cup ties this season. Too busy polishing the replica Scottish Cup and 3 League Cups!

Takes a wee bit of time![/quote]

I'd need to see proof of this.
I refuse to believe that Fat Willie didn't have your replicas melted down for scrap during his tenure.

How can you polish plastic,and as far as Billy Brown goes for you older hoors think about another Billy that jumped ship in the early 1970's.Keep on dreaming your only going to get a nightmare.

raithfan
How can you polish plastic,and as far as Billy Brown goes for you older hoors think about another Billy that jumped ship in the early 1970's.Keep on dreaming your only going to get a nightmare.

If you're thinking of Bill Baxter in 1970 then he was no loss. We had a more than adequate replacement waiting in the wings in any case. Kept you down in the 2nd division and lasted about a year was it? He was your nightmare but actually on reflection he did a fine job.

Careful what you wish for my friend.