Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Colin Samuel

Signs till the end of the season.

Re: Colin Samuel

The club is delighted to announce that Colin Samuel has put pen to paper, having resolved the earlier administrative issues.

Colin will be with us until the end of the season.

He showed during pre-season and the game up at Peterhead that he can be a real handful.

Wonder if it means McManus's knee problem is more serious than first thought???

Pleased with this signing, could be real handfull if fit and has great experience (as do McManus and Wardlaw) to hand down to the young guys.

The board have shown they are willing to invest some of the Rangers windfall, I wonder if some of the pre-ejeculators will be reloaded in time for when we reach the play-offs.

Well done the Board and BB.
Not surprised to see less of the praising comments when good things happen compared to the Moaning when things go awry for a wee while.:)

hope he is a good signing, certainly has experience.
did DURIE not bring to him to methil ??????????????.

DURIE BRING DID TO FIFE SAMUEL THE

Well done to the board and billy brown for getting colin samuel signed up.He should score a lot of goals at this level.Good expierienced pro who is very strong on the ball and still has a bit of pace about him.I think we will need a few more signings in january as we are set to lose bobby barr and paul willis.The loan signings will only be able to play another 4 games for us before they all go back to their clubs,and with the big chill forecast for the rest of the month we might not see them play many more games.

Bobby Barr will only play a max of 3 more games as his deal ends before Xmas

Very pleased that Samuel is back,very powerful striker . Was the Stenhousemuir game not brought forward from the 26th to the 22nd due to Barr's loan deal?

Another good signing , I see blue skies ahead.

Thats not good news about Bobby Barr we need players like him to lift the standard

Keteoj
DURIE BRING DID TO FIFE SAMUEL THE

one there always is

Glad to have Collin Samuel sign for us, continuing the fine tradition of Socca Warriors to play for the Fife.

Gives an excuse to get out the TnT flag again after a false start at Ibrox back in August.

All the best Collin.

Oh Collin why oh why did you return to The Fife? You already sampled the shit depressing match atmosphere,the soulless concrete three sided stadium,the black and blue strips,the shambles regarding the owners, you also know damn well the clubs trust members dont ask probing questions and we're tipped to be relegated come May. You had the chance to be free yet you came back to all of this? Why Collin,why did you do it?

Mr Sarcastic
Oh Collin why oh why did you return to The Fife? You already sampled the shit depressing match atmosphere,the soulless concrete three sided stadium,the black and blue strips,the shambles regarding the owners, you also know damn well the clubs trust members dont ask probing questions and we're tipped to be relegated come May. You had the chance to be free yet you came back to all of this? Why Collin,why did you do it?

Comedy gold.

Mr Sarcastic
sampled the shit depressing match atmosphere,the soulless concrete three sided stadium,the black and blue strips,the shambles regarding the owners, you also know damn well the clubs trust members dont ask probing questions and we're tipped to be relegated come May. You had the chance to be free yet you came back to all of this?

Phew at least the last bit's since changed thanks to Durie stepping aside and Brown offering his services.

I had this terrible nightmare that all of that I said quoted with the one stand and walls, black strip and blue strip, clueless board, dishonesty with the real ownership etc etc was actually reality. Then I woke up and realised it was not only true but also that East Fife FC were a league below Raith, Pars and COWDENBEATH and that the Club was being run into the ground.

Shudder.

If only even any of it wasn't true....

Ah well, welcome, Colin.

Aw St Pauli, get back to Bayview, I can sense your starting to miss it a wee bit.

Welcome (back !) to Bayview Sammy ! Lets see you make up for lost time and show us what we've been missing ! Hopefully you can score the goals to get us up the table. C'mon the Fife !

Sparky
Aw St Pauli, get back to Bayview, I can sense your starting to miss it a wee bit.

Agree - get back to bayview and support YOUR club.

I think you'll enjoy the Billy Brown revolution.

Great signing. I always knew he would come after he signed my programme at the last game of last season. I would love to sponsors the player and his experience is what we need in this team but his fitness is a concern to be back to his best and on form after watching him in the reserves against stenny, hopefully BB can make him at home and get him into shape and some games under his belt after he hasnt been playing much so theres got to be some short form from samuel...once he gets this he can come good and be the player he was at St Johnstone. So welcome home to Fife Samuel and great that the board has carried on our tradition of T&T players that we have had in the past

Love to see Bobby sign and another fit central back if forster loan spell finishes. We do have Sloany or Pollock there when wills goes.

DReW_PeaCoCK
Sparky

Agree - get back to bayview and support YOUR club.

I think you'll enjoy the Billy Brown revolution.

Aye get arse back to Bayview ya huffy wee shite!

Noisy Crossbar
Mr Sarcastic

Comedy gold.

Hardly comedy. Prophetic maybe.

Funniest thing was the numpties that had us down for reaching the playoffs.

Just a pity it was the wrong ones!

M
Funniest thing was the numpties that had us down for reaching the playoffs.

Just a pity it was the wrong ones!

Imagine hoping/wanting your club to do well.....numpties indeed.