Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
music in the stadium

Hello all just made this post so that the fans can tell me what sort of music u want played at the stadium: post your playlist on here and i will check every few weeks too see what you all want played. there are some rules though guys it has to be family friendly music so no swearing...etc, REMEMBER we do have some older generation fans so it cant be "thump thump" as they say.

I also would like some suggestions for a goal celebration tune there has been a couple complaints and they have been noted and we want to change it so we can keep our fans on our side.

let me know asap and please before the next home game

thanks guys
And MORE IMPORTANTLY C'Mon The Fife

Re: music in the stadium

I personally think that the chorus to 7 nation army is a great song, before kick off, half time but most importantly after goals its fantastic!

Obviously the bit at 38 seconds and just the chorus as after it goes to ''thump thump'' as you say haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUmLWT9Ad8

thanks i will look into it :)

music for a goal being scored, the one they play on sky sports darts, Planet Funk - Chase The Sun

Another one bites the dust.

Good to see fans input being sought for this. 7 nation army bit would be good for goal celebration. My personal suggestion would be the riff from whole lotta rosie by AC/DC. Ye know "du du du du du du du EAST FIFE"

Why not try out a few diferrent ones we will be scoring barrowloads under Billy Broon.

Play the Barcelona anthem as the team comes out - something to aspire to. At the end of the game, after another famous victory, play "another one bites the dust".

thanks folks

we will try a few different ones for the goal celebration.

what type of music would u like played on the run up towards the teams coming out and at half time?

if you have anymore suggestions about goal celebrations or a playlist to be blasted out of the famous bayview lets us know before the next home match.

Heres a post about music recently discussed.
I would say definitely keep Telstar for the players running out. With regards to ht and before match music, it will need to be continually updated otherwise we will be having the same conversation in a few months time about the same music week in, week out. Could keep the same classics but update the more modern ones when they enter and leave the charts.

Wagner - ride of the Valkyrie. Can't replace Telstar but would add class to a club which let's be honest is a class above the other Fife teams. The pars have the east Enders tune, Raith just have the sound of tumble weed rolling around their potential allotment site and Cowdung well if they had any electricity they would probably use it to switch on the lights so the can see their viens clearly in order to administer their habit .

Well, in no particular order, I would like to hear:

1. Spizzenergi - Where's Captain Kirk
2. Toyah - It's a Mystery
3. Found - Machine Age Dancing
4. Adam Ant - Car Trouble
5. Huey 'Piano' Smith - Don't You Just Know it
6. Lonnie Donegan - Cumberland Gap
7. Teenage Fanclub - Sparky's Dream
8. Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
9. Super Furry Animals - Ice Hockey Hair
10. Aliens - Happy Song

I believe I have solved your problem.

While the players are walking off after a win it has to be This Town Aint Big Enough For Both Of Us by Sparks'

chorus of Parklife by Blur.

Instead of "parklife" bit we could all chant "east fife"

First things first, the tannoy volume needs to be turned up!! It's far too quiet!

Spark
While the players are walking off after a win it has to be This Town Aint Big Enough For Both Of Us by Sparks'

A terrible idea - this record fades in. I will have arrived at my car before Ron Mael even arrives at his keyboard. Huey 'Piano' Smith never messes around.

tell me what u think of these for goal tunes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx3jGKavK1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wKEO7LMYtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0WsMZGaglo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTatn1Psv4g&list=PL2BF463C2933EC4C0&index=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx57azr7OI8&list=PLED3D16D4CE2B4F20&index=10

check these tunes out and let me know what u think for a goal tune i have been looking at some of your suggestions.
i am going to create a cd with a few goal tunes so we are not stuck with the same one for the rest of the season.

let me know asap.

Benitez
chorus of Parklife by Blur.

Instead of "parklife" bit we could all chant "east fife"

That is a great idea:

EAST FIFE !

Aye...some really good suggestions on here, but lets turn up the tannoy and blast some 'smoke on the water' round the stadium. Try the intro (first 50 seconds).
Paste this link into your search, hit the return key and get the volume up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_y7LF3yV6M

Parklife suggestion is decent for goal music, would encourage vocal support! The Norwich one is pretty good too - Samba De Janeiro. Other options could be blasting out Blur - song 2 or Zombie Nation - Kernkraft 400 (from 0:45)
It volume needs turned up too!

This for when teams come out

This for goal celebration

I reckon that we should keep a few of these for goal celebrations instead of just one song/tune.....be good to vary it a bit instead of the same song all the time, be like a wee surprise now and then

Being a lot older than the average fan I would love if we got back to the good old Scottish dance music we played before all this newfangled Telstar rubbish.A good Reel for the players coming out the tunnel and if we score I suggest they play The Dashing White Sargent .Now would that not warm the cockles of your heat on a cold Saturday down Bayview,

The Real Corstorph,
Being a lot older than the average fan I would love if we got back to the good old Scottish dance music we played before all this newfangled Telstar rubbish.A good Reel for the players coming out the tunnel and if we score I suggest they play The Dashing White Sargent .Now would that not warm the cockles of your heat on a cold Saturday down Bayview,

Ok... just for you, team could run out to this, think its been used before tho, actually no too baad!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfF9ELhPW1Q

Before the game and when we score it HAS to be Avicii - levels!!! Hearts and st mirren use it, creates a bit off atmosphere!

Will we be hearing some of these on tuesday to see how they r ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX0AJbRjJRE

"Clubfoot" by Kasabian

Nuff said!

Jennifer lopez - get on the floor
rihanna - diamonds in the sky
planet funk - chasing the sun
the piranhas - tom hark tune is a belter!****
pink - raise your glass
gangnam style
james arthur - impossible
calvin harris - bounce
chris brown - yeah 3x
Sam Sparrow - black and gold
u2 - beautiful day
one direction - little things
Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely
Levellers - one way of life
the slade - merry christmas
the wizard - get some christmas songs in lol

mr305

This for goal celebration

I used to use that for the team running out! Only coz it was the intro to FIFA 98 lol

Was this thread a wind up or are we wasiting to do the big audio dynamite launch on Saturday? I ken we didny score on Tuesday but the main music was pretty samey from what I heard and the volume was at is usual "dont wake the pensioners" level.

No having a go likesay just asking.

Cambuslang Fifer
Jennifer lopez - get on the floor
rihanna - diamonds in the sky
planet funk - chasing the sun
the piranhas - tom hark tune is a belter!****
pink - raise your glass
gangnam style
james arthur - impossible
calvin harris - bounce
chris brown - yeah 3x
Sam Sparrow - black and gold
u2 - beautiful day
one direction - little things
Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely
Levellers - one way of life
the slade - merry christmas
the wizard - get some christmas songs in lol

Cheers for the list of songs that we deffo shouldn't play.

Run out to: 2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This
Goal: 2 Unlimited - No Limit

If we score in the 80th+ minute and are leading by 3+ goals, goal celebration song should be "Time To Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli ft. Sarah Brightman.

right guys what did u think of the music on saturday ?

Can you inform us what was played after the goals on Saturday? I could not interpret the clip.

In future, you may wish to prioritise songs which exhibit a clearer signature line eg '1,2,3,4,5 senses working overtime' from XTC's classic hit, 'Senses Working Overtime'.

Chase the Sun
TOM HAWK - The Piranhas Tune!
Sam Sparrow - Black and Gold
Maradona - Holiday
Gangam Style

Bayview will be bouncing every saturday

That selection will certainly get me off my thermal cushion. Are call these hip,with it pop classics on the new Hits 191 LP ?

Not The Other Chairman
That selection will certainly get me off my thermal cushion. Are call these hip,with it pop classics on the new Hits 191 LP ?

you watch your hips

Cambuslang Fifer
Chase the Sun
TOM HAWK - The Piranhas Tune!
Sam Sparrow - Black and Gold
Maradona - Holiday
Gangam Style

Bayview will be bouncing every saturday

4 of these tunes are being used the piranhas tune was used as one of the goal tunes last saturday and black and gold was played im lookingto uses chase the sun and gangnam style will be used as well but i dont know weither or not to use that as a goal tune or not

The goal celebration music was very poor yesterday and may be the reason why the players chose only to score 3 goals.

Had you chosen 'Senses Working Overtime' by XTC, the team would have won comfortably 5-3.