Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ayr V East Fife

1-0 David White O.G.

Re: Ayr V East Fife

2-0

2-1 mcbride 56mins

2=2 mcbride 65mins

2=3 mcbride 89mins

ft 2-3 cmon the fife

some comeback!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked earlier at 2-0 down. Now come on expecting the worst. But made my night. Must celebrate.

What's happened to the team over the last few weeks? Hope this gives confidence lacking previously and hopefully a play off place.

What a f¤¤king result!!

Had EF on the fixed odds too - bonus

I can't remember when we came back from one goal, let alone two, and winning.

Well done to the team and the management.

Onwards and upwards.

I'm ecstatic but for f***k's sake stop talking about play-offs after a couple of decent results.

One game at a time!

only 3points behind 3rd with game in hand over some teams above us

What A fab result, cannot believe the turn around since Billy Brown's appointment. I've read that some of the out field players are now showing how good they are what about the young lad Antell in goals, hows he coming on. I heard he made 2 one on one saves early in the 2nd half to keep the side in the game.

wasnot sure what to expect today,as we had been idle for 3 weeks,and i dont think we could have trained much due to the weather.When i saw we were 2 down in 17 minutes i feared the worst.Special mention to big whytie who has come back well from the nightmare game he had at elgin.A true professional he was way of the pace but must be delighted to be back in the form he showed last season.Funny thing was i was watching sky sports at 4 40 and thinking ayr have won a lot of games this season with late goals,they must be due a bad turn and bingo it came up ayr2 east fife3.Billy brown must be praised for getting the best out these players as 5 weeks ago there was no confidence in the team.Cant wait till tuesday lets all get out and give the boys our support.

andy mann
What A fab result, cannot believe the turn around since Billy Brown's appointment. I've read that some of the out field players are now showing how good they are what about the young lad Antell in goals, hows he coming on. I heard he made 2 one on one saves early in the 2nd half to keep the side in the game.

Correct, made a couple of excellent saves to keep us in the game.

First half was all about them, seemed to be quicker to find a pass and in general were well worth 2 - 0 at half time...truth be told they could have be out of sight.
However the game lasts 90 mins and the boys battle for the ball in the second half. Credit to BB he was on the touchline shouting orders and got the boys going.
3 Subs early 2nd half.
McBrides 2 goals resulted in Ayr pushing again to get back in the game. Overall they had more chances, hit post, but couldn't finish.
3rd goal was a rocket from white from just outside the box into corner of net. Great pile up at the corner flag for the celebrations. Great to see the player going to the east fife fans at the end.
This has shown EF has resolve and a bit of belief. Very well done to players and management. Worth the entry money. Keep it going...

First half was dire but BB seen what needed done and changed it quickly.Seems we now have someone in charge who knows what their doing.......BB was my man of the match.

Just back ... Great result and a fantastic 2nd half performance... Have to say Bobby Barr was outstanding in the second.. His attitude, passion and respect for the supporters was to be admired .. First one to run to the 40 diehards to celebrate at the end... Please please sign till the end of the season.... Finally been a long time since I have seen the fife faithful going totally fuckin radge... Cannae buy that ..! Tuesday can't come quick enough!

Report from the game was that we were brilliant second half.

We must keep Bobby Barr somehow.

Billy Brown and the boys thank you very much that was one he'll of a result. Can't wait till next week

Absolutely brilliant to see the turn around that Billy Brown has made to the team. We seem to now have a team spirit that has been severely lacking for a long time.
As supporters, we have witnessed some utter garbage but the highs always outweigh the lows and we now have a big part to play in the ressurgence of our club, starting on Tuesday, lets ALL acknowledge what is happening at the club and give them loud and vocal encouragement.
For the stay aways, come along on Tuesday, see the difference and get that feel good factor back.

It's hard to describe that game today to anyone who wasn't there. Two-nil down after 17 minutes against an Ayr side who were playing a really neat passing game. Ayr were totally in command during the first half and thoroughly deserved their lead.
Then came half time . . and whatever Mr Brown said to the team totally turned the game around. That said, we should have been three down not long after the interval when an Ayr player rounded Antell and hit the post with an open goal beckoning! We were by far the better team in the second half, though, and outplayed an Ayr side who were themselves certainly no mugs.
A thoroughly deserved victory, then, and the look of delight on Davie White's face as he wheeled away to celebrate was something to behold.
Well done lads, you did the club proud!

Jim Corstorphine
It's hard to describe that game today to anyone who wasn't there.

Oh, i don't know about that. I was at Easter Road.

I think I'll get myself down to give the Fife a cheer on Tuesday.