Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tuesday night

Come on - lets get a really good crowd on Tuesday. Show our appreciation for how well the team is going under King Billy!

Re: Tuesday night

Totally agree, cant wait for the game. Really hoping a big crowd turns up foe this....especially after Saturdays performance. Plus a win will take us 3rd which would be fantastic!!! (aslong as Albion do us a favour).

Can see us taking stranraer apart again, i fancy 3-0

This will be my 1st game since the 2-1 home defeat to Albion Rovers. Now that Billy Brown has us playing football again i will part with my cash. Good luck to team 2moro and i hope we get a decent support. With it being Stranraer they won`t bring much so hopefully we can get bout 500-600. MON THE FIFE!

Really, really looking forward to this one. The most excited I've felt going to an East Fife game for a while now. What a brilliant impact Billy Brown has made on the squad and it would be great to keep this winning run going. Hope we can bring a healthy support along this evening to cheer the lads and Billy Brown on! Mon the Fife!

C'Mon East Fife tonight! I didnt make the ayr game but heading through tonight for this one. Hope forfar win and we pick up some more points we could be 3rd...this sounds exicting! C'mon The Fife!

Most excited I have been for a game in months! Let's get a big crowd and get behind the team!

Bayview bound with 4 pals, hoping for a decent crowd and good team performance. Good luck E Fife.

Shot ourselves in the foot tonight! Terrible goal to lose, thought the keeper should have done better but defence didn`t help him out. 2 superb saves from the Stranraer keeper and we hit the woodwork twice. Denied a stonewall penalty for blatant handball near the end and Stoney missed a glorious chance to level things just after he came on. Thought we bossed the majority of game and had most of the possession but were very wasteful and lacked that final pass. Sore one to take but that`s football. Stranraer were piss poor but that`s 2 good wins on the bounce for them. Decent home support for a Tue night. Oh well, team must be gutted as they certainly put the effort in and deserved much more imo.

3, Bobby Barr (Looks a great player at this level)
2, Div Muir, (Pretty solid)
1, Not sure

DPH
Decent home support for a Tue night.

What was the attendance?

Coupon buster tonight.

441, thought there was more than that. Hardly any away fans tho.

Attendance 441. Billy Brown said afterwards that it was the most one sided game he had every been involved in & that it was the best we have played since he came here. Credited Raer for defending well but suggested they should buy a lottery ticket on way home! No criticism of the players who gave everything.

Too many passengers tonight and clearly some of them are not up to the standard required.

This is just my opinion, and a mates lol.

Thought all in the all most of the players gave there all tonight, and we were just unfortunate tonight in regards to the final score, hit woodwork twice, stoney chance etc.

Thought Bobby Barr was fantastic, Samual done as well as could be expected....good touches, good skill at times and effort was there, Div was his usual rock solid self and I thought Darren Smith did well until he had to go off.

The disappointing thing for me tonight was that Stranraer were clearly happy with the 1-0 and were always going to stick 9 men behind the ball and leave one up top, so due to this I said at HT Stoney would have been better coming on in place of Sloan, we would of had more urgency, more forward thinking and a bit of flair.

Always say that Bobby Barr would be better through the middle trying to unlock defences, especially tonight when it was a struggle to break them down. Just a bit frustrating aswell when the so called ''wide'' men keep running inside and congesting the middle of the park and making it harder for us to break them down when clearly we needed width.

Cant fault them for the effort though

We started well and looked like we could blow them away but we fell out the game for about 10 minutes when our old defensive frailties of not being able to clear the ball were all too evident. Indecision between Antell and his defenders was again apparent. Once Stranraer took the lead it was always going to be difficult but we were unlucky a few times with their keeper having a few good saves from Gormley, Forster and Barr, Samuel and Pollock hitting the woodwork and Stoney putting the ball into the side netting.
Stranraer were always going to 'park the bus' but we played into their hands by being very deliberate and predictable in our build up play. At times the final pass was poor. Thought Div Muit and Collin Samuel were our stand out players tonight and Bobby Barr always looked lively. A few players were poor, but some of them will start again on Sat due to lack of depth in the squad.
I'm sure Billy Brown will have identified where he needs to strengthen the team in January and hopefully having identified his targets, he is given the funds to make it happen. I'm sure he may also try to move one or two players on as well.

We must get Bobby Barr signed up until the end of the season. I would have Brown back in goals on Sat, he deserves to be our number 1 imo.

I came away from Ayr wondering how we won three points.

I came away from the Stranraer match wondering how we lost three points.

C'est la vie!

DPH
We must get Bobby Barr signed up until the end of the season. I would have Brown back in goals on Sat, he deserves to be our number 1 imo.

Michael Brown is injured. That's why he hasn't been in the squad recently.

Well never mind, it's not the end of the world...

Bloody hell, it is though! Shame that out last ever match is going to be a home defeat to Stranraer.

Eugene Clarke

C'est la vie!

It's to do with the number of goals we scored.

Three against Ayr, and then none against a team that has lost every away match this season (until now)

Checker
Eugene Clarke

C'est la vie!

It's to do with the number of goals we scored.

Three against Ayr, and then none against a team that has lost every away match this season (until now)

Actually no! It is to do with scoring at least one goal more than the opposition. Against Ayr we did, against Stranraer we didn't.