Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Game on?

Any news?

Re: Game on?

SFL reporting on twitter that except from Brechin v Ayr, there's no problem with any pitches.

GAME ON.

SFL now reporting that there's a pitch inspection at 11:45am.

KotS
SFL now reporting that there's a pitch inspection at 11:45am.

Don't blame them! Its honking outside!

Heavy rain and stronger winds forecast for a game on the Saturday before Christmas. Is this how to ensure that lower league football survives ?

If the match doesnt go ahead, it will be a disaster for the club in terms of cancelled hospitality, smaller midweek crowd etc. Also no doubt the shop will have expected to sell a few extra items before christmas.
Games do get called off much more easily nowadays than in my time so I think its a scandal that we dont play during the summer months.

Just had a call from Eck

GAME ON!!!

Game ON per SFL website.

Pitch looking good

Not The Other Chairman
Heavy rain and stronger winds forecast for a game on the Saturday before Christmas. Is this how to ensure that lower league football survives ?

It's almost as bad as scheduling an agm for a cold Thursday night in December, five days before Christmas. Is this how to ensure the trust survives?

another opinion
Not The Other Chairman

It's almost as bad as scheduling an agm for a cold Thursday night in December, five days before Christmas. Is this how to ensure the trust survives?

lolz

Him Telt!

Billy Brown was a delighted man after the game but felt that it should never have been played. Referee had no option though but to allow it to go ahead so he had every sympathy for him! Admitted we didn't play well but ground out a result.

Many good performances but hopefully Colin Samuel will get MOM today! He was excellent!

Great win, great wining Goal, although had Callum's 80 yard effort gone in . . .

Great credit to the players yesterday for the never say die attitude.
Stenhousemuir showed in the first half that they were no mugs and I must admit
that as the second half progressed , that to me , there was to be only 1 winner,Stenhousemuir.
I thought that Samuel was East Fife's player of the match, but great credit to David White.
The team was down to the bare bones yesterday with Brown,Forster,McCormack,
McManus,Gormley,Smith,and Wardlaw not featuring.
Good to see Gordon Durie in attendance and the reception he received from the fans.