Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ticket Prices

Just read a couple of articles regarding ticket prices, it also occurred to me that it costs more to watch East Fife at £13 than it does to go and watch Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund at £12.60

It looks as though there may be a change in pricing soon, I think it will be better for everyone if this was the case.

http://www.journal-online.co.uk/article/9405-spl-pricier-than-bundesliga-bbc-survey-shows

http://www.journal-online.co.uk/article/9758-reduce-ticket-prices-or-lose-the-spl

Enjoy!!

Re: Ticket Prices

I can walk to Bayview. How much would it cost to get a bus to Germany and is there a direct bus from the shorehead?

If our crowds start to creep under 400 gate prices can only go up and up. The harsh reality is that the cost of running the club will not be going down, and I don't think any supporters want to see money being taken away from Brown for his playing budget. German football is tremendous value but it is much easier to give something away for cheap when you have enough customers to still make a lot of money. I know it hardly seems fair for the last remaining few hundred fans to pick up the bill but is there any alternative? If it was £10 to get in today would we have attracted one single extra customer?

Dortmund get 80,000 for their home matches, so can afford to sell standing tickets at that price. And fair play to them too, German top flight football is great, affordable and attracts real fans unlike the English premier league. For comparisons sake it would be interesting to know how much it costs to get into a third or fourth tier German league match.

C`mon st.pauli what did it cost you to go to german games when you lived there?.
I was at a german cup game between OFFENBACH KICKERS [ 3rd league] v UNION BERLIN [2nd league] in november and it was 18 euros [exchange at that time 1.20 to the pound].

Went to see Bayern Munich not that long ago. We got in on someone else's season ticket, but sure the games worked out at less than 20 Euros. The section we were in was cashless. If you want to buy food, then it's charged against your season ticket card, so can not say if they ripped you off that way. Outstanding stadium and atmosphere and as a one off - more than worth the money.

union berlin
C`mon st.pauli what did it cost you to go to german games when you lived there?.
I was at a german cup game between OFFENBACH KICKERS [ 3rd league] v UNION BERLIN [2nd league] in november and it was 18 euros [exchange at that time 1.20 to the pound].

When I was a student in 98/99 it was an unbelievable 10DM to see SV Hamburg in the Bundesliga (about £3.50).

St Pauli was DM8 (£3). Then 6-7 years back when I went back there to live (that was lower league then) non concession it was about EUR12 I'm sure.

Couldn't get into it though, truth be told. A player gets cynically chopped down and there's hardly any reaction from the fans or berating the ref. St Pauli games are all about the St Pauli 'experience' and not the game itself, which is shite if you want your football fix.

I love German football in general though. Cheap tickets, passionate fans and good, fast entertaining football. Competitive, very loud and not as much rolling around on the park from players. Needless to say all grounds are packed out, most towns and cities have massive collective pride in their local team - like the English Championship I suppose that way (no cancerous Old Firm shite). Safe standing too.

It's never as good as watching East Fife though (or at least the black and gold striped East Fife of not so long ago before the Rankin regime)

Think it would be worth a punt to allow up to 16 year olds into our games for free.
Encourage the next generation of youngsters to follow the team.
Hopefully they'll spend a few quid in the shop.
For a guy to bring 2 children to the game....3 tickets+prog+juice = No go.
Time for a sensible rethink.

Ok, it's only £3 extra for each child.... but not sure up to what age?

You get unlimited travel on the entire city-wide public underground system (including the bus and tram systems) on the day of the game with your match ticket too. Different world. Football is the people's (and the nation's) game there

But the bastards don't have an NHS and free tap water.

But the bastards don't have an NHS and free tap water. [/quote]

Neither will we when Cameron, Osborne and co are finished their despicable work.