Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paul Willis

According to the Dunfermline website, Paul Willis is staying at Bayview for the rest of the season.

Re: Paul Willis

Paul has upped his game recently so good news.

Keep up the good work Paul...

Happy with this, Paul is a young guy battling for the shirt. Can only be good news for the club.

From the DAFC official site:

Other news on the final day of 2012 was that Paul Willis has elected to see out the rest of the season on loan to East Fife. JJ said that he had given the 21 year old the choice:-

"Come in and battle away for a place, or continue to play regularly at East Fife. He said that he wanted the weekend to think about it and he has said that he was happy to be getting a game there every week and Billy was happy to keep him so that loan will be extended to the end of the season. Billy is concentrating on playing him in midfield and right now we have enough midfielders with Shaun Byrne coming through.

Good news I would say. He has looked motivated and energetic in the games Ive seen him play for the Fife. One can only assume that unlike his Halbeath Road comrades he is getting an agreed wage on time and in full through East Fife.

It may have influenced his decision that as I understand it the Pars are very close to going completely tits up which is likely to result a January fire sale followed by liquidation.

Wonder how much we could get Ryan Wallace back for?

Sparky
Good news I would say. He has looked motivated and energetic in the games Ive seen him play for the Fife. One can only assume that unlike his Halbeath Road comrades he is getting an agreed wage on time and in full through East Fife.

It may have influenced his decision that as I understand it the Pars are very close to going completely tits up which is likely to result a January fire sale followed by liquidation.

Wonder how much we could get Ryan Wallace back for?

You really think he is getting his full Dunfermline wage paid by East Fife? Get real.
And is there any need for this rubbish about liquidation when Dunfermline are actually doing us a favour here? A bit more respect please. At worst, they would go into administration, but they have a business plan in place to get through their troubles, and will probably take in up to £100k from today's derby match.

Fan, bit of advice for a new year resolution. Don't get up tight so quickly.

Bt

You're right. But a club does us a favour, then we stick the boot into them ... is there no end to the negativity on here?

fan
Bt

You're right. But a club does us a favour, then we stick the boot into them ... is there no end to the negativity on here?

None whatsoever. FWIT Willis might be average but he does make Div Muir look good

[/quote]

You really think he is getting his full Dunfermline wage paid by East Fife? Get real.
And is there any need for this rubbish about liquidation when Dunfermline are actually doing us a favour here? A bit more respect please. At worst, they would go into administration, but they have a business plan in place to get through their troubles, and will probably take in up to £100k from today's derby match.[/quote]

Hi Fan of DAFC,
I said he would be getting an agreed wage, paid on time unlike his PARS team mates. I would say we are doing Pars as much of a favour as they are doing us in this deal.
Im not party to the info you have on their plans to get them out the shit but hear from many sources that if they go into administration the most likely route out is via liquidation and reforming as a newco.

The reason I think that accurate is I understand they have significant debts, are part of a wider network of failing businesses, dont own their ground etc etc. As an example I hear today the pie suppliers would not deliver until they got cash up front which was only secured at 2:45.

I agree criticising the Pars in their current predicament is like kicking a puppy and I hope they survive, but if we cant slag off a rival team on our own forum whats the point of having one?

I really hope they do get 100k from today and pay the workers the wages they are due rather than have it disappear into a financial black hole a la Craig Whyte.

The whole situation shows the need for supporter involvement and ownership of clubs