Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest.

0-0

stoney sent off.

Re: Latest.

1-0

6 points thrown away.

And 1 down too now. Forget the play offs it's the other end of the league where we need to be looking.

Keteoj
1-0

6 points thrown away.

stoney off for violent conduct, what did he do?

Keteoj
0-0

stoney sent off.

Seems like the junior league players are selling the farm.
First McCormack (who should really stay away from Twitter) and now Johnston.

Idiots.

Peed off
Keteoj
0-0

stoney sent off.

Idiots.

what did he get sent off for ??

Brown must go.

Straight red for bad tackle. Pretty dire 2nd half. Huge disappointment not to take anything out of the last 2 games. Honeymoon period over now.

DLA
Straight red for bad tackle. Pretty dire 2nd half. Huge disappointment not to take anything out of the last 2 games. Honeymoon period over now.

thanks DLA, i take it the others are just videprinter fans giving their expert opinions

Glad i stayed at home now. Honeymoon period well and truely over for BB. Must win game on Sat. Piss poor.

FT

I think you'll find not everyone can afford to travel to Arbroath this soon after Christmas.

My expert opinion is that 11-11 we would of beaten Forfar and possibly taken a point today.

We aren't helping ourselves at the moment. A very winnable game at home on Saturday. Lets hope we can keep 11 players on the pitch.

Who was in goals today? According to Arbroath fan on Pie and bovril our keeper saved us from a doin....

??
Peed off
Keteoj
0-0

stoney sent off.

Idiots.

what a tosser you are

Well, that was absolutely awful! Could have been 5! We created nothing at all and some of these players will keep us where we are....probably just avoiding relegation. This team is nowhere near good enough to get in a play off spot.

I have a lot of faith in Brown and the results we had after his appointment show how good he is as a coach. The problem was that we still had too many players who just aren't good enough. A few good results papered over the cracks but now I'd like to see Brown bring in his own players.

We've been crying out for a proper back 4 for about 5 years now.

Zak
??
Peed off
Keteoj
0-0

stoney sent off.

Idiots.

what a tosser you are

Do explain in more detail Zak.

The only player to get pass marks was our keeper. The rest were shite and showed we need a few good players in this month. Colin s was shocking last week and again this week I don't know what the everyone seen in him ,slow and lazy. Our midfield are slow and can't find a killer pass. Bobby Barr was poor the day but he is the reason we have won a few games. Time to have a clear out for me it would be Forster, Sloan , pollock,Samuel ,wardlaw,

Hopefully Stonie apologises to the rest of the players after the game. A completely idiotic moment cost us that game.

Fred
We've been crying out for a proper back 4 for about 5 years now.

I think you are right Fred and a left back as cook and Scott Smith left the club we are weak at the back, so slow and giving away cheap goals like today...Thank god i stayed at home and went to work the day...Things must changed and improve at home to the bottom club of this league starting on Sat, hope we cant get any worse than the form we had at the start of the season.

Another game Samuel hasn't scored in, has he lost confindance infront of goals...the goal drought continues for him am afriad, am no critizing the boy liked his form and pace when he was with St Johnstone but think this league is a big step from SPL level. We have strikers now so lets use them just need to stregthen the defence area at the other end and get Broon back in goals.

Clear out list: Wardlaw (dont rate him at all, injury bound), Pollock, sloan, Antell and anyone that BB needs to send away from the club to make space for new players that would play for the Fife and work their socks off and give their all, not a hopeless bunch that give up, give cheap goals away and get stupidly sent off.

Hope BB gets busy in the market since it is open.
Mon The Fife!

Are you all still drunk? When will you all learn to take defeat without slagging players off. Ok Stoney got a straight red, he was fighting for the ball FFS. If he bottled it he would have got stick. The pitch was very heavy and a sliding tackle to win the ball looked worse than it actually was. The Arbroath player made meal of it. Until then we were in the game and we should have been ahead at halftime.

We win two games and we are promotion candidates, lose a few and it's relagation woes. Get real and accept that a ten team league causes these ups and downs. I for one can see progress and the battling qualities are there.

We will overcome.

Fifeyboab
We win two games and we are promotion candidates, lose a few and it's relagation woes. Get real and accept that a ten team league causes these ups and downs. I for one can see progress and the battling qualities are there.

We will overcome.

I hope so or Stranny and Albion will be taking points off everyone for survial to stay up and get the money from next season's ties with the Third Division Champs next season like we so like to aswell but its so tight now...and win on Sat will be a relief for sure put the pressure back on Albion.

Your no joking about the league set-up last time i looked at the table we were second bottom and now 6th, but i cant understand how Alloa, Forfar and Brechin are where they are or is it just down to having good coaches in Hartley, Mackinnon and Campbell and have a team thats jelled together as a team, dont have a long injured lists of players that stay away from the pitch like Wardlaw had been

Thought the goalkeeper was outstanding and kept us in the game for longer than we deserved.We never played with any conviction and until we get players back who are fully fit we are going to struggle.
Bobby Barr was clearly not 100% but still created our best 2 chances.
Really think we need a real leader on the park.

Ive just copied this off an arbroaths fans comment on pie and bovril.
For those fans who werent there today CALUM ANTELL was outstanding

The East Fife keeper deserves MOM tho as he had a cracker. 4 or 5 top drawer saves.

I Find it strange when it takes an away supporter to praise the opposition rather than his own supporters , no mention from the Antell haters today !

Calum Antell did play very well yesterday and kept us in the game with some outstanding saves. The sending off didn't change the game like Saturday at Forfar but just made it easier for Arbroath to stretch us and it was a surprise that they only scored once. We are struggling with injuries and suspensions which are preventing Billy Bown from deciding on his best starting 11 and being able to play a number of games with a settled side to allow them to develop an understanding and system of play. Players are being asked to play out of position due to limited availability of options and some players are playing despite not being near the top of their form. Yesterday Stevie Campbell was playing in midfield, Stoney at left back, Bobby Barr up front.
Hopefully the Manager will be able to bring in two or three players during the transfer window, whether it be by swapping some fringe players or having the funds to bring in a bit of experience and leadership. The League is so tight that three wins can propel you towards the promotion play off places whilst three defeats can drag you back into the relegation fight. Saturday is now a huge game for us. We need the three points to keep the gap at the bottom, but it's not a foregone conclusion as I notice that Albion Rovers and Stranraer before yesterday had only won one away game each all season - both of them had beat us at Bayview !
Hopefully with a couple of signings, injuries and suspensions clearing up, the Manager will be able to field a settled side which will be a match for any team in the League.