Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Anniversary plans?

Are there any plans for special events and/or games to celebrate our 110 year anniversary and the 75th anniversary of the Scottish Cup win?

Would love to have a bit of notice as to when these might be so I can plan a trip back over for at least some of them

Re: Anniversary plans?

There was something in the Courier I think about a dinner being organized for May 28.

God the club have organised a dinner email them for details x

Come over a bit earlier and you could see the relegation play-off matches too.

Cazza

No doubt GOF is a legend but calling him God? WTF Cazza?

Cazza

You couldn't make this up. The club has organised a dinner that even one of our most ardent fans doesn't know about, and he has to email them for details. Is it a secret dinner? In the masonic hall?
I hope the supporters trust is putting on an event as well, it will be ten times better than anything the club could organise. That's the one I would go to.

Did i not see a message in an earlier/subject post about an event being organised at Buckhaven communitiy centre to celebrate the cup win?

Why are so many events organised elsewhere from the stadium where there is a bar and catering facilities, which a few years ago were subject to TV coverage and great praise.

i know the pie stalls are franchised but is the bar and the restaurant?

What revenue do the club get from the bar and restaurant?

Also fifty pounds is a bit much. Its a hall in buckhaven, not the old course hotel ffs.

supporter
Cazza

You couldn't make this up. The club has organised a dinner that even one of our most ardent fans doesn't know about, and he has to email them for details. Is it a secret dinner? In the masonic hall?
I hope the supporters trust is putting on an event as well, it will be ten times better than anything the club could organise. That's the one I would go to.

Details of the dinner were posted on the offical website, on Facebook and on Twitter and were also mentioned in the East Fife Mail and the Courier.

Here was the original post:

75th Anniversary of Scottish Cup Win

To celebrate the 75th anniversary of winning the Scottish Cup in 1938 and the 110th anniversary of the founding of the Club, a dinner with speakers will be held in the Buckhaven Community Centre on Saturday, 25th May 2013.

Jim Leishman will be the MC with Paul Reid of Dundee the after dinner speaker. The guest of honour will be the famous local actor Clive Russell, who has starred in Coronation Street, Casualty, The Bill, Auf Weidersehen Pet and many other TV appearances along with films.

It is hoped that some former managers will be present to stir the memories.The price per head for the evening is £50. This includes a 3 course meal with wine, your raffle ticket and Irish Bingo.

supporter
Cazza

You cannae make it up can you? A supporter who hasn't a clue how to use the internet and find out from the club's official website about the anniversary dinner, then goes onto a forum with no connection to East Fife and complains aboot it! Deary, deary, DEARY me!! It beggars belief, eh? Is he real?

I still remember the club making an arse of the centenary. Anyone mind what they did again?

Hello Jocky's pal. Have a look at the club website. Scroll right down the home page. There's a lot of stuff on there. Let us know if you can find a mention of the anniversary dinner, which must be the club's biggest commercial opportunity this year other than the bread-and-butter remaining home matches in the league. Here's a clue: there is a tiny web link quite far down the left hand side.
The club has no idea how to sell an event like this, even in its own shop window. A mention in the Courier has come and gone. It was on twitter, fine, but that is in the past as well.
GoF is a die-hard East Fife fan, follows all the news, through thick and thin, and set up a website for supporters to talk about East Fife. Supporters like you. He didn't know about the dinner. What chance your average punter is aware of it?
And at fifty quid a ticket, this is going to have to be a bloody hard sell. I wonder if sales have broken a couple of dozen tickets so far?
These are just a few reasons why I hope the supporters trust has an event planned to mark the occasion. They know what they are doing, as we have seen in the past with the excellent events they have put on, which have benefited the club's standing and image by association. The club could learn a lot from the trust. Mind you, that's probably true right across the board. Appropriately enough.

Oh yeah I remember reading about that dinner now.

I was actually hoping for some games and maybe an event that actually has East Fife greats confirmed at it as the main speakers and not an ex manager of our local rivals and some other folks you wouldn't associate with East Fife's history.

So nae games then? That surely can't be it.

GoF
Oh yeah I remember reading about that dinner now.

I was actually hoping for some games and maybe an event that actually has East Fife greats confirmed at it as the main speakers and not an ex manager of our local rivals and some other folks you wouldn't associate with East Fife's history.

So nae games then? That surely can't be it.

The speakers were the thing that got me too when I first read about this. Wouldn't Dave Clarke be more appropriate? Remind me, how many games did Leishman play for us? How long was he manager? It just seemed weird that no-one associated with the club or area was mentioned, perhaps this will change, but at the moment this event does not rock my boat that's for sure. And yes an end of season game would be a great idea as would hosting the evening thing at somewhere a bit more glamourous.

Can anyone on here claim to have actually ever seen Clive Russell at an East Fife match? Can maybe someone from the club also clarify why such an important event is being held in a glorified soup kitchen and what justifies the ott charge of £50?

I remember the events held at the Old Manor and Dean Park and they were a roaring success imo. I wonder why?

I understand that the Trust are a little annoyed to say the least that they were not consulted on this event at all! The two dinners that the Trust organised at the Dean Park & Old Manor were huge successes and were packed with East Fife legends & connections yet no one even bothered to ask for help. The anniverary dinner may well be close to a sell out (so I believe!) but how many 'supporters' as opposed to corporate sponsors will actually be there?

Wind swept & not very interesting
The anniverary dinner may well be close to a sell out (so I believe!) but how many 'supporters' as opposed to corporate sponsors will actually be there?

We could start by asking here. Has anyone on AFTN bought a ticket for the anniversary dinner?

No way the event is close to a sell out. God knows where you heard that. I go to all the games and dont know anyone who is going. £50 for the Buckhaven community centre and no East Fife greats confirmed? You are having a laugh!!

I have reserved my ticket, I am paying it up the club were kind enough to allow supporters the chance of paying the cost of the ticket up or pay in full. I suggest you all do the same.

Apart from you Cazza, is anyone else going to this?

Tam
Apart from you Cazza, is anyone else going to this?

Nope.

The trust events cost £30 I think. We negotiated good deals for tasty food and decent wine!

To be fair to the Club regarding the venue, there are not many venues that can hold 100+ and perhaps they wanted to keep it local.

Kerriann
The trust events cost £30 I think. We negotiated good deals for tasty food and decent wine!

To be fair to the Club regarding the venue, there are not many venues that can hold 100+ and perhaps they wanted to keep it local.

Do season ticket holders get a discount since the £35 ticket includes entry to the game??

Dinna start or ye'll have all the auld yins like me askin' for a concession. Just pay yer money and think of East Fife.

Yes season ticket holders will receive a discount. Contact the Trust for details