Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dylan McGowan

Starting the Edinburgh derby now. Thought he was a cracking player on loan at us.

Re: Dylan McGowan

Aye he certainly had a bit of class about him and has obviously developed into a good player.
It's a good example of how a loan deal should work.

Get along tommorow Saint P, there at least two current loanees performing aswell if not better than Dylan did for us.

Surely no, Sparky?

The great Robbo said McGowan was too good for East Fife in the paper mind, and promptly moved him on as a consequence

I'll be back when the big changes have happened, starting with the team wearing an East Fife strip Think it'll be a long wait. Hope there's still an East Fife by that time...

Even if we kept BB for a couple of seasons and managed promotion we'd come straight back down again under this board.

SPF's loyalty to East Fife depends on what strip they are wearing! Thought I had heard it all

Nah, it's not the strip, it's to do with who's running/owning/representing the Club.

The strip merely illustrates (perfectly) the shambles that East Fife has become under these non-East Fife men running the Club, and why East Fife doesn't look, feel or operate like East Fife anymore to many (along with LOTS of other, more serious issues). If it wasn't for the Rangers money and Durie taking ill, where would East Fife be now ? Even with the money and new manager, where are East Fife going to be in 5-10 years under these owners ?

Rovers and the smaller Cowdenbeath sitting comorftably in the 1st, looking to stay and consolidate there. Less than 400 of a home contigent when the team's pushing for a play-off. The 'highest' Bayview crowd of the season of 628 !!!

Now the Club has got a Dunfermline legend to talk at a £50 anniversary dinner for EAST FIFE

Then there's the prison-yard atmosphere.

Aye, it's the strip.

Dying to come back...

My loyalty has vapourised after 27 years. Glad you find it hilarious as an EF fan.

St Pauli Fifer
Nah, it's not the strip, it's to do with who's running/owning/representing the Club.

The strip merely illustrates (perfectly) the shambles that East Fife has become under these non-East Fife men running the Club, and why East Fife doesn't look, feel or operate like East Fife anymore to many (along with LOTS of other, more serious issues). If it wasn't for the Rangers money and Durie taking ill, where would East Fife be now ? Even with the money and new manager, where are East Fife going to be in 5-10 years under these owners ?

Rovers and the smaller Cowdenbeath sitting comorftably in the 1st, looking to stay and consolidate there. Less than 400 of a home contigent when the team's pushing for a play-off. The 'highest' Bayview crowd of the season of 628 !!!

Now the Club has got a Dunfermline legend to talk at a £50 anniversary dinner for EAST FIFE

Aye, it's the strip.

Dying to come back...

My loyalty has vapourised after 27 years. Glad you find it hilarious as an EF fan.

It's all about you eh, SPF? I don't miss you by the way, as I am sure numerous others don't either. You are a very shallow person I'm afraid to say. Why don't you go and support a big team, you know that is what you really want?

Each to their own Saintly me old china but what else ye gonna do on a Saturday? Sit at home wanking off to pop idol, faack that...Albion Rovers at home? Av itttt.

Ps Take a butchers at Bobby Barr,next Macavennie he is. Sweet

Harsh

The fuckwit pack mentality strikes again.

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer

Aye, it's the strip.

Dying to come back...

It's all about you eh, SPF? I don't miss you by the way, as I am sure numerous others don't either. You are a very shallow person I'm afraid to say. Why don't you go and support a big team, you know that is what you really want?

Of course it's not about me, Jocky. It's about East Fife FC. It's about East Fife having a dwindling fanbase, clueless, clandestine owners, not much of a future and a PISH, black,'FC Methil Milan' strip, given to East Fife by people who have never cared about East Fife, only getting a blazer.

Can almost agree with you 100% st pauli. I cannot return as I was fed up with what was happening after following for years, home and away.
Stadium was built with no real want of putting terracing in.
No problem with strip as long as black and gold.

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky
St Pauli Fifer

Aye, it's the strip.

Dying to come back...

Of course it's not about me, Jocky. It's about East Fife FC. It's about East Fife having a dwindling fanbase, clueless, clandestine owners, not much of a future and a PISH, black,'FC Methil Milan' strip, given to East Fife by people who have never cared about East Fife, only getting a blazer.

That reply just proves how shallow you are, if you think that a blazer is what motivates people! You are obviously spiteful, the fact that you don't have one. I think you need to start thinking positively about life and people in general. Getting upset about strips and blazers, does say quite a lot about you mate! You have this opinion that if someone is part of East Fife's board and general set up, that they must be bad people. To me, that just says how jealous you are, because you aren't one of them!

And before anyone says it, neither am I (one of them that is).

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
Jocky
St Pauli Fifer

Aye, it's the strip.

Dying to come back...

That reply just proves how shallow you are, if you think that a blazer is what motivates people! You are obviously spiteful, the fact that you don't have one. I think you need to start thinking positively about life and people in general. Getting upset about strips and blazers, does say quite a lot about you mate! You have this opinion that if someone is part of East Fife's board and general set up, that they must be bad people. To me, that just says how jealous you are, because you aren't one of them!

And before anyone says it, neither am I (one of them that is).

Right...

Cock Jocky.