Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Team news v Brechin City

According to SFL website match preview, Stoney is still suspended, Wardlaw & Muir are out injured, Darren Smith is doubtful and Paul McManus is available after injury. Muir and Smith would be big misses for tomorrow against one of the form teams in the League. It'll be good to have Shagger back but they can't afford to rush him back, cause I think he could be a big player for us alongside Samuel, once he is fully fit. Hopefully the win from last week will have helped confidence.

Re: Team news v Brechin City

Well, with those injuries (especially Muir and Smith) and Brechin who are somehow on fire right now, I honestly reckon we are doomed for tomorrow. Who knows though, perhaps Billy Brown can bring in some last minute trialists/loan signings to cover for them? Good news about Shagger being back but I agree with Bayvieboy, wouldn't play him from the start tomorrow until he is match fit and injury-free. Would take a draw right now.

Big Marv for New Bayview... let me hear you say yeah

Will be hard game the mora ,Brechin are flying but I think we can get a good result. Muir and smith will be big loss as they're our key midfield player's. Having McManus back is like getting a new signing and I hope this time he is injury free because he is a cracking player at this level. Hope we get a good turn out against the form team of the league. Sloan would come in for muir and I would also bring pollock in for smith. McManus will not be match fit but I would bring him on as a sub to get us a goal against his old club that he down well for last season. Come on the fife

Ffs.... Doom and feckin gloom again here! So I suspect Smith will play, I like pollock as a player in central mid. Last year half the punters at Bayview were cursing the fact Muir was still playing! I am not saying div is pants I think he is quality but come on can we no see some positivity now and again! Prediction 3 - 1 the fife you heard it hear first!

If we are looking for a like for like replacement for Divaldo then Big Dazza McC is yer man. Roberto Sloan can fill in the left defensive slot. It's going to be a tough ask but I'm sure we can rise to the challenge.

Come on the Fife!!!

Of course with Smith and Muir out tomorrow they are a big lose to the team but we do have cover and the players in Pollock and sloan and its upto them to make their chance count for the side, Sloan has not had many starts this season and he has had to make do on the bench this season and pollock well i have not seen much of him what he can offer, early days for the lad...so its their chance and the rest of the squad to prove their part and make it count, after picking up the points last week against Albion it is looking positive but we need to keep this up. So be positive here people, C'mon East Fife football is a weird game see when 5:45pm come....

Sloan should never be anywhere near the left back spot.

DLA
Sloan should never be anywhere near the left back spot.

I agree, did Sloan not play there against Stranraer at home if i can remember and he looked out of sorts in that area of the park, he's best up the park where he can deliver for the team.

Sparky
Big Marv for New Bayview... let me hear you say yeah

Yeah

Sloan for left back? Oh no!!!! We will miss Muir and Smith today no doubt. I can only see an away win going on recent form but you never know. Hoping we can get a half decent crowd in today, even over 500! i`m taking 2 mates from Leicester so hopefully we perform well. Mon the Fife.

For fuck sake people.

It's Brechin City no Manchester City. We are in exactly the same boat. New manager and were winning games. Two stupid red cards cost us 4 points!

Lets be positive for a change. There coming into OUR house.

East Fife 3-1 Brechin City.