Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Next season's Strip

Hi Folks

I've just put an image of the 2013-14 strip on the club's facebook page but I can't seem to get the image on here.

Anyone help?

Re: Next season's Strip

Shorts look like one has pished one's self

Thanks wee man.

Looks class. Would love it without a sponsor slapped on the front but probably not financially prudent. Ace shirt though. And white shorts ...

Spartacus
Looks class. Would love it without a sponsor slapped on the front but probably not financially prudent. Ace shirt though. And white shorts ...

Maybe the trust could bid for shirt sponsor rights and keep it add free.

Good idea !

Great idea!

Ditch the badge and replace it with EFFC diagonal text
Ask for a more tailored fit than the current shirts.

Apart from that, it looks the absolute business.

P.S. A sponsor's logo (if there is a sponsor) would look much better below the number on the back, than it would on the front.

I would have preferred a crew neck instead of the white rugby style collar.

It is based on the 1938 cup winning team strip so a collar it must be. Looks great, don't usually buy tops for myself but would with this especially if there was a sponsor free version.

What make is it? If we want to make the strips more appealing to younger supporters we should go with NIKE or ADIDAS, not like the own brand we have this season

Young Fifer
What make is it? If we want to make the strips more appealing to younger supporters we should go with NIKE or ADIDAS, not like the own brand we have this season

That top is class, I'd buy it whatever logo it had on the front. I'd guess its going to be 1903 as the pic is from RDM.

And white shorts! Certain posters will be most pleased.

How come the picture says "Season 2012-2013" though

Forest Fifer
Young Fifer

Because that's when we started looking at the design - last November - and the makers organise their files that way!

This is the design as it stands - some details yet to be finalised but the colours and style are settled.

Forest Fifer

And white shorts! Certain posters will be most pleased.

Who?? ALL "EAST FIFE" FANS SURELY??

Eugene Clarke
Forest Fifer
Young Fifer

Because that's when we started looking at the design - last November - and the makers organise their files that way!

This is the design as it stands - some details yet to be finalised but the colours and style are settled.

Eugene, when a shirt sponsor is found, could you offer them a choice of where they want their logo to go? Say 1) traditional front and center, 2) A wee logo, say 2 inches by 4 inches the bottom right just above the hem.

Obviously option 1 is more visible and will enjoy more prominence in TV games and newspaper photos, but option 2 could be a media story of its own and would endear the sponsor to the east fife support.

If ye diney ask ye diney get

Oh - and can we keep the stars above the badge please? Ta.

In my humble opinion, this outfit looks absolutely fantastic!

Agree Jim, A REAL East Fife strip at last.

Looks great. Finally an East Fife top worth buying.

was it not a young lad from largo,who designed the new strip,in a competition to find a new strip.