Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bobby Barr being paid Full-Time wages by East Fife Board

Click here...

But the board at New Bayview promised to pay him the same full-time wages — despite only training with the Fife side two nights a week.

Barr said: “East Fife have been kind to me and helped me out financially since I came here, so I just go to the gym during the day and work on my fitness."

That's interesting. Is that Bobby Barr signed then ? Is he an East Fife player (no longer with Livi on loan to us)? I thought the parent club paid a percentage of the loan player's wages ?

Is Neil Rankine not the co-owner of Livingston FC ?

Surely no...

Re: Bobby Barr being paid Full-Time wages by East Fife Board

Surely no what?

Rankine paying his wages, what else ?

Being the owner of both Clubs.

......and the moon landings were staged in some earthly desert

That guy really needs to get away from his keyboard and get some fresh air.BTW didn`t Rankine shoot JFK just before he left Dumbarton?

BrianL

yes they were staged.Mork.

Nevada to be exact. No wind on the moon.

So what if they are? Show a wee bit of ambition to try & progress & damned again!

This is getting a joke now. SPF please stop posting your drivel. Constant moans, conspiracy theories etc....you are just bringing this website down to the gutter.

Can't believe SPF's post!

The board actually do what most of us have been asking and dipped into the coffers to bring a class player to EF .

The player is worth the price of my season ticket on his own , he is appreciated by the fans, wants to play his heart out fr The Fife and has gone public on how good the club has been to him and how much he appreciates that.

And still SPF can find something to be negative about! .....FFS!

As per previous poster - just stay away SPF -whatever semblance if credibility you may have held onto has been lost now

Mon the Fife!

SPF - Barr is worth it ,anybody thats watched him play will tell you , his goal against Brechin was class and his play in general since joining is worth the watching.
Are you the same SPF that drools about East Fife on the Pie & Bovril forum? The SPF who was asking Livi fans all about Bobby Barr and was "hoping he does a good job for US" !!!
Why dont you just F**k Off

It's got nothing to do with Bobby Barr (clearly dragged us away from relegation - the only thing I possibly regret missing at Bayview since stopping going is Barr's performances) It's got to do with the Neil Rankine link again and if there was any doubt to him owning East Fife

Who knows if SPF is right? Mibbes aye, mibbes naw. It would not surprise me if it is true. The club has a clandestine owner who stepped in to 'buy' Livingston. Basically, a fraud.
One of the tragic lessons of this saga is how readily East Fife supporters will turn a blind eye to the way their club is run for the sake of a new signing or a cheap thrill. The club pleads poverty, nothing to spend, no budget for players, then suddenly we are told that a player has been signed on full time wages, and only one person questions that. The rest are happy to sweep it under the carpet, and attack SPF.
We are East Fife. See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. A bunch of monkeys.

Maybe they decided to use the £50k that they didnt bank from the rangers money

jfk
Who knows if SPF is right? Mibbes aye, mibbes naw. It would not surprise me if it is true. The club has a clandestine owner who stepped in to 'buy' Livingston. Basically, a fraud.
One of the tragic lessons of this saga is how readily East Fife supporters will turn a blind eye to the way their club is run for the sake of a new signing or a cheap thrill. The club pleads poverty, nothing to spend, no budget for players, then suddenly we are told that a player has been signed on full time wages, and only one person questions that. The rest are happy to sweep it under the carpet, and attack SPF.
We are East Fife. See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil. A bunch of monkeys.

This!

Friggin unbelievable how blinkered people are on this forum without looking at the bigger picture.

SPF.... having read your original post, not sure if your happy or not????

Bobby Barr is a decent player. I believe the current group of players (including loanees) have all got potential. Lets hope they can get us to the top four by the end of the season. Lets face it, as footballers, each of them are in the shop window and would like to attract better wages (wouldn't you?).
Is it a bad thing that the board have spent a few pounds to keep him at EF?
Clubs and agents up and down the country negotiate different rates of pay for
individual players. EF included. So what if they've pushed the boat out a bit.

Yes, loan players usually get 50% of wages from parent club or a mutually agreed amount.Think he may have been released by Livi and then signed by us but there was no big statements that I can remember.

Paul Willis may have been in the same boat. Not sure if half season loans can be extended to the full season. I thought they had to sign or be returned to the parent club. Sure someone on here will know.

Lee Harvey Oswald

Exactly!!

Lee Harvey Oswald

Maybe they did. Who called the shots on the 100k bond? Neil Rankin. That is undisputed, everyone knows it. Then Livingston want to off-load a player but can't afford to pay up his contract. Suddenly he is an East Fife player, with the remainder of the Rangers cash used to pay his wages. Problem solved by good old Uncle Neil! So what if East Fife don't need a full time player, they've got spare cash. Then Barr is off Rankin's payroll in the summer.

Handy, owning two clubs, isn't it?

If we had three more bobby Barr's we would be promoted Mon the Fife

Barr is an East Fife player, not a loanee, so his wages are paid from the same source as every other East Fife player.

jfk
Lee Harvey Oswald

Maybe they did. Who called the shots on the 100k bond? Neil Rankin. That is undisputed, everyone knows it. Then Livingston want to off-load a player but can't afford to pay up his contract. Suddenly he is an East Fife player, with the remainder of the Rangers cash used to pay his wages. Problem solved by good old Uncle Neil! So what if East Fife don't need a full time player, they've got spare cash. Then Barr is off Rankin's payroll in the summer.

This.
(put much better than I could).

Arnie
Barr is an East Fife player, not a loanee, so his wages are paid from the same source as every other East Fife player.

^^^^^^ This.

St Pauli Fifer
jfk
Lee Harvey Oswald

This.
(put much better than I could).

Bobby Barr is a full-time player and if we are going to attract players of his quality to the club we will need to offer full-time wages. I really don't see what the issue is. It's good business for Livingston getting a player they don't want off their payroll and even better business for East Fife acquiring a player of his quality

In essence, we have benefited from this dual ownership you speak of as players under contract usually command a transfer fee.

I don't think it's anything to do with dual ownership, he was released and we signed him.

Arnie
I don't think it's anything to do with dual ownership, he was released and we signed him.

I was using said term very loosely

What's "Full time wages"?

35 hours a week at minimum wage is £216.50/week. The top players in the world might get £200K per week.

Bobby Barr's worth a something between the two.

A conspiracy minded soul might see this as 'Uncle Neil' coming round and raiding our biscuit tin. Or, alteratively, good old 'Uncle Neil', made sure this talented player came to the right place and isn't playing for Brechin or Arbroath as we try to make the playoff spot.

Until we know exactly how much, I'll just have to thank the powers that be for bringing this talent here.

Been rumored that Bobby Linn is on £500 a week at Ballingry,if true i would imagine that Bobby Barrs wage would not be much more.
For once the Board have got it right in trying to improve the team yet still get criticized,they cant win.

At least the East Fife players will be paid on time unlike the players at Ballingry.
Not a happy camp there by all accounts.

UfoPilot
BrianL

yes they were staged.Mork.

Which is why recent photographs from unmanned satellites orbiting the moon have photographed the landing sites. You've been watching Capricorn I again.

Bobby Barr is class. His goal against Brechin on Saturday was worth the admission price alone. His like will also bring the crowds back so it makes sense to pay him for his talent.

You never heard of photoshop bette?

Buzz Lightyear

Correct,Buzz.
Lets not forget,everything you see on t.v. is real.
By the way,how is Woody getting on.?

UfoPilot
Buzz Lightyear

Correct,Buzz.

Woody is just fine mate. He sends his warm regards.
Have to dash...

Star-ship Command is calling. Another intergalactic mission i hope.

TO INFINITY

AND BEYOND!

Buzz Lightyear
UfoPilot
Buzz Lightyear

Correct,Buzz.

Have to dash...

TO INFINITY

AND BEYOND!

If the American's had faked it, do you really think that the Soviets or even the Chinese would've said nothing about it at the time? At the height of the Cold War to make the Americans look totally stupid and a major propaganda coup for Comicon? Well they didn't and why? Because the USA had managed to land on the moon and could prove it.

The vessel was tracked, radio signals confirmed in terms of source. Don't right off the 60's and 70's just because there wasn't the digital technology around at the time.

We can't build bridges across the Danuble like the Romans did so does that mean they faked it?

The reason the flag moves (and is still moving) is there is nothing to stop it doing so - there is no atmosphere.

I don't know whether Bobby Barr's wages are being paid by Rankine or not, I suspect not, but until there is some clarity over the club's ownership and these matters are resolved, legitimate questions about the financial matters of the club and dual ownership will remain.

A statement from the Board would be welcome here to clear up any misunderstandings. Apologies if they have already done this and I've not seen it.

Mad Man
I don't know whether Bobby Barr's wages are being paid by Rankine or not, I suspect not, but until there is some clarity over the club's ownership and these matters are resolved, legitimate questions about the financial matters of the club and dual ownership will remain.

A statement from the Board would be welcome here to clear up any misunderstandings. Apologies if they have already done this and I've not seen it.

Could the board also make a statement on their position regarding the moon landings please.

Mad Man

This

Against the rules to have financial involvement in two clubs

Noisy Crossbar
Mad Man

Could the board also make a statement on their position regarding the moon landings please.

I`m with Buzz and Mad Man on this.
We need clarity from the board.

Also slinky dog reckons he seen JFK in Dallas eating a hotdog with extra mustard.

Explain that huh.

Doesn't Lance Armstrong's admission that he'd been taking drugs throw even more doubt on the credibility of the moon landings?

From what I've heard no one will need to worry about dual ownership in the very near future!

Soup dragon
From what I've heard no one will need to worry about dual ownership in the very near future!

Do tell!

I don't know why some people are bothered about when mr Gray was here McManus was £800 a week and Steven tweed was on a rumoured £1000 a week . We got what we wanted at the end of the season the league and everyone was happy about these players getting paid that amount of money. Both players left full time football to get paid well and bobby Barr is no different . He is a great wee player and hopefully this will mean we get to where we want ie play offs.

Soup dragon

Do tell!

Today we are one day closer to there being new owners of East Fife Football Club.

Who?

Starship command must know about this!

f.f.s bring back wullie gray, and ill play for him for that kind of dough

Noisy Crossbar
Soup dragon

Do tell!

Today we are one day closer to there being new owners of East Fife Football Club.

Spill the beans then on how you got that information.

The rumours of a takeover are 100% correct.

kd
Been rumored that Bobby Linn is on £500 a week at Ballingry,if true i would imagine that Bobby Barrs wage would not be much more.
For once the Board have got it right in trying to improve the team yet still get criticized,they cant win.

I work 39hrs per week , bring home £300.02 per week .If you're telling me that i have to pay £13.00 to watch east fife , so they can pay players? £500.00 a week ? ye can forget it !!!!!!!!!! . who do these c*nt's think they are ?

Noisy Crossbar
Soup dragon

Do tell!

Today we are one day closer to absolutely everything that will happen at some point in the future.

Mad Man

The suggestion is not that Neil Rankine is paying Barr's wages. The point is that he told the directors to put 100k from the rangers match into a bond. He can do that because he controls the major shareholding. He can also tell the board to use the rest of the happy windfall to take Bobby Barr off the Livingston payroll. So East Fife's cash boost solves a problem he had at Livingston. Neat. Never mind that a full-time club doesn't think Barr is worth the wage he is on. East Fife will cover it until the player goes out of contract, they are loaded!

yeah. im sick of Livingston throwing all their duds to us, how many players have they loaned/sold/gave us in the last 5 yrs? erm..1 .

JFK: if Livi have a cash problem and East Fife(Neils 2nd team) have the cash to solve it(with the £100k that Neil instructed East Fifes board to put in a bond) then why didnt he order his "2nd team" to pay a fee for Barr? say..£100k?? After all as you say "they are loaded"?

i say whatever East Fife are paying Barr..give him a pay rise! Best player I've seen in our team for years

Grassy Knoll
yeah. im sick of Livingston throwing all their duds to us, how many players have they loaned/sold/gave us in the last 5 yrs? erm..1 .

JFK: if Livi have a cash problem and East Fife(Neils 2nd team) have the cash to solve it(with the £100k that Neil instructed East Fifes board to put in a bond) then why didnt he order his "2nd team" to pay a fee for Barr? say..£100k?? After all as you say "they are loaded"?

i say whatever East Fife are paying Barr..give him a pay rise! Best player I've seen in our team for years

You misunderstand which part of the Rangers money is paying for Barr. And your friend Neil was not at Livingston five years ago. Apart from that -
'Neil' conceals his involvement at East Fife - why would he draw attention to this situation by making East Fife become the first SFL club to pay a transfer fee in years and years? He can achieve what he needs without having to do that. And no one pays a fee for a player who will be a free agent in 16 weeks.

THATS CHEATING !

jfk
Grassy Knoll

You misunderstand which part of the Rangers money is paying for Barr. And your friend Neil was not at Livingston five years ago. Apart from that -
'Neil' conceals his involvement at East Fife - why would he draw attention to this situation by making East Fife become the first SFL club to pay a transfer fee in years and years? He can achieve what he needs without having to do that. And no one pays a fee for a player who will be a free agent in 16 weeks.

You obviously know a lot about this guy Neil Rankine and that he is breaking all the rules etc.. so why don't you go the whole hog and expose this in the media? After all the carry on at Rangers this last year, it is bound to make the headlines..... if true, of course?

You could call it Bayviewgate, or Almondvalegate, or whatever. You could become really famous and make a bit of money out of it.

Go on man.... do it!

Walter, I have to warn you if you continue in that sarcastic tone the lonlies will be after you. They will find out who you are,where you live and what you do for a living (sell programmes in my case). Then they will write bad things about you in a frighteningly anonymous manner. One word of comfort,you will never meet any of them.

Thanks for the warning NTOC, but I wasn't meaning to be sarcastic! These guys in the know, have a real opportunity to make a lot of money over this and I was only trying to highlight the fantastic opportunity they have. I have made a lot of money myself (or have I?), with all the things that I imagine, eh.... I mean, know about.

mr305
kd

I work 39hrs per week , bring home £300.02 per week .If you're telling me that i have to pay £13.00 to watch east fife , so they can pay players? £500.00 a week ? ye can forget it !!!!!!!!!! . who do these c*nt's think they are ?

I work not a lot of hours a week and earn a million pounds a year. If they expect me to pay 50 plus pounds to watch Chelsea, so they can pay players more millions a year than me, then they can forget it! Who do they think they are??

I have no problem with going to watch East Fife and Bobby Barr though!

Not The Other Chairman
Walter, I have to warn you if you continue in that sarcastic tone the lonlies will be after you. They will find out who you are,where you live and what you do for a living (sell programmes in my case). Then they will write bad things about you in a frighteningly anonymous manner. One word of comfort,you will never meet any of them.

I feel I have to post. I think you may wish to consider your position as Chairman of the Trust. Your post here is the last straw. Concentrate on the programme. I don't think you have the decorum to lead the Trust. Time for change.

Mon the fife. SPF are you ever happy ?

Que?

No, I'm never happy.

Seldom,
You are probably right but I desperately need my obscene salary as Trust Chairman to supplement the meagre wages from editing/selling the programme.
Still,the lonlies will welcome another anonymous soul.

I was under the impression he was on loan with us till January but then signed a permanent deal with us until the end of January?

Not The Other Chairman
Seldom,
You are probably right but I desperately need my obscene salary as Trust Chairman to supplement the meagre wages from editing/selling the programme.
Still,the lonlies will welcome another anonymous soul.

Maybe you're just not popular?

Probably.

Regular,sorry for the familiarity but I need to call you by your first name to distiguish you from your alter ego Seldom.

You are a little tinker using the name Regular because you are trying to become a lonely boy using a misleading name. Someone emailed me today saying you should use the name Regular Fister but I rejected that suggestion as it may have made me even more unpopular.

Chelsea fan
mr305
kd

I work not a lot of hours a week and earn a million pounds a year. If they expect me to pay 50 plus pounds to watch Chelsea, so they can pay players more millions a year than me, then they can forget it! Who do they think they are??

A Chelsea fan on an East Fife forum ? wow !!!!!, first time for everything ?can you keep us updated on the goings on at Chelsea ? never heard from you before ? probably another nameless twat ,looking for a reaction ? Never mind mate , i look forward to the updates from Stamford bridge ?

KotS
Noisy Crossbar
Soup dragon

Do tell!

Today we are one day closer to absolutely everything that will happen at some point in the future.

mr305
Chelsea fan
mr305
kd

A Chelsea fan on an East Fife forum ? wow !!!!!, first time for everything ?can you keep us updated on the goings on at Chelsea ? never heard from you before ? probably another nameless twat ,looking for a reaction ? Never mind mate , i look forward to the updates from Stamford bridge ?

We won 2-1 yesterday!

Nameless twat? So, mr305 is your real name? Or are you calling yourself a nameless twat too?

What a load o shit this thread has turned into! If the important game against Ayr on Sat gets the same interest we could have a good crowd.

Chelsea fan
mr305
Chelsea fan
mr305
kd

We won 2-1 yesterday!

Nameless twat? So, mr305 is your real name? Or are you calling yourself a nameless twat too?

So you travel from London to watch East Fife ? Well done you !!!!!!!!! LOL What's the latest news ? from Chelsea ?

Seldom Poster
Not The Other Chairman

I feel I have to post. I think you may wish to consider your position as Chairman of the Trust. Your post here is the last straw. Concentrate on the programme. I don't think you have the decorum to lead the Trust. Time for change.

A little bit harsh?

Bette Noir
Buzz Lightyear
UfoPilot
Buzz Lightyear

Correct,Buzz.

Have to dash...

TO INFINITY

AND BEYOND!

If the American's had faked it, do you really think that the Soviets or even the Chinese would've said nothing about it at the time? At the height of the Cold War to make the Americans look totally stupid and a major propaganda coup for Comicon? Well they didn't and why? Because the USA had managed to land on the moon and could prove it.

The vessel was tracked, radio signals confirmed in terms of source. Don't right off the 60's and 70's just because there wasn't the digital technology around at the time.

We can't build bridges across the Danuble like the Romans did so does that mean they faked it?

The reason the flag moves (and is still moving) is there is nothing to stop it doing so - there is no atmosphere.

All things considering the atmosphere of the moon is essentially a vacuum. Assuming he might be correct about the flag moving, and after thinking about it, my hypothetical explanation was as follows: Although there are no molecules to create wind, perhaps the different colors of the flag absorb and reflect energy from the sun at different rates and magnitudes, and much like one of those gadgets with white and dark diamonds in a light bulb-like vacuum chamber spinning when a light is turned on, so moves the flag. However, the wire mesh and movement from rocket exhaust” explanation(s) make more sense. My question now has to do with gravity vs. the wire mesh. Even though the gravitational force of the moon is only ~15% of that of the earth, in the absence of a both a wire mesh and a “photon wind”, wouldn’t an initially extended flag eventually fall into a drooping position?

Slinky Dog
Bette Noir
Buzz Lightyear
UfoPilot
Buzz Lightyear

Correct,Buzz.

Have to dash...

TO INFINITY

AND BEYOND!

All things considering the atmosphere of the moon is essentially a vacuum. Assuming he might be correct about the flag moving, and after thinking about it, my hypothetical explanation was as follows: Although there are no molecules to create wind, perhaps the different colors of the flag absorb and reflect energy from the sun at different rates and magnitudes, and much like one of those gadgets with white and dark diamonds in a light bulb-like vacuum chamber spinning when a light is turned on, so moves the flag. However, the wire mesh and movement from rocket exhaust” explanation(s) make more sense. My question now has to do with gravity vs. the wire mesh. Even though the gravitational force of the moon is only ~15% of that of the earth, in the absence of a both a wire mesh and a “photon wind”, wouldn’t an initially extended flag eventually fall into a drooping position?

You have managed to confuse me dude,and that takes some doing.
The T.V. lie's to you.B.N.
Start with www.zeitgeistmovie.com

ok ok, here we go;

1) When the astronauts are putting up the American flag it waves. There is no wind on the Moon!

2) No stars are visible in the pictures taken by the Apollo astronauts from the surface of the Moon!

3) No blast crater is visible in the pictures taken of the lunar landing module!

4) The landing module weighs 17 tons and yet sits on top of the sand making no impression. Next to it astronauts’ footprints can be seen in the sand!

5) The footprints in the fine lunar dust, with no moisture or atmosphere or strong gravity, are unexpectedly well preserved, as if made in wet sand!

6) When the landing module takes off from the Moon’s surface there is no visible flame from the rocket!

7) If you speed up the film of the astronauts walking on the Moon’s surface they look like they were filmed on Earth and slowed down!

8) The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt!

9) The rocks brought back from the Moon are identical to rocks collected by scientific expeditions to Antarctica!

10) All six Moon landings happened during the Nixon administration. No other national leader has claimed to have landed astronauts on the Moon, despite 40 years of rapid technological development!

TOO INFINITY...AND BEYOND!!

Good ol US of A.

Lied to about the A Bomb tests which caused so much cancer on Vets and Utah residents, plus the left behind POWs, (now admitted by Congressional investigations and Freedo of Information Act releases), to JFK (E. Howard Hunt and Nixon tapes), to 9-11, and now the great flu vaccination scheme, it is not hard to believe it was a lie.

Mr Potato Head
Good ol US of A.

Lied to about the A Bomb tests which caused so much cancer on Vets and Utah residents, plus the left behind POWs, (now admitted by Congressional investigations and Freedo of Information Act releases), to JFK (E. Howard Hunt and Nixon tapes), to 9-11, and now the great flu vaccination scheme, it is not hard to believe it was a lie.

That'll be the same good ole US of A that put Nixon on trial and put him out of office then? Maybe that didn't actually happen either?

Neil Armstrong
Mr Potato Head
Good ol US of A.

That'll be the same good ole US of A that put Nixon on trial and put him out of office then? Maybe that didn't actually happen either?

Erm, no, that did happen. You daft or whit?

Buzz Lightyear

TOO INFINITY

Can't quite decide whether that's a contradiction in terms or a self-fulfilling prophecy, to be honest.

All of which have been (patiently) explained by NASA.

Proof of the pudding will be if the Japanese satellite due to be launched also locates the lunar landing sites and the foot prints, tyre tracks etc etc

This will be an independant verification, so will you accept it or claim that the Japanese are also in on the 'conspiracy'?

Bette Noir

Proof of the pudding will be if the Japanese satellite due to be launched also locates the lunar landing sites and the foot prints, tyre tracks etc etc

This will be an independant verification, so will you accept it or claim that the Japanese are also in on the 'conspiracy'?

Japan doesn't really exist. It was made up by the Americans so they could enter the war without having to fight anyone.

What has all this space shite got to do with Bobby Barr being paid Full Time wages by East Fife Board???

Can you not start a new thread for this talk so we don't go on this one thinking it's something about Bobby Barr??

Bette Noir

Even the Russians had the mission tracked and conceded the Yanks achieved it.

Who Cares!!!!
What has all this space shite got to do with Bobby Barr being paid Full Time wages by East Fife Board???

Can you not start a new thread for this talk so we don't go on this one thinking it's something about Bobby Barr??

It's not about Barr, it's about an illlustration of our clandestine owner pulling the strings...

Well said SPF

St Pauli Fifer
It's not about Barr, it's about an illlustration of our clandestine owner pulling the strings...

So Neil Rankine faked the moon landings???

King Kebab
St Pauli Fifer

An average days temperature on the moon ranges from 260° F to 280° F, too for film to survive. At those temperatures, film crinkles up into a ball.

About 20 miles about the Earth, there is a radiation belt named the Van Allen belt. No human can get through this belt, If you try than you get hit with 300+ rads of radiation. Unless they are surrounded on each side by 4 feet on lead.

There are millions of micro-metors traveling at speeds up to 6000 MPH, which would tear the ship to pieces.

If you look at the pictures/video of people on the moon, you will never see more than 3 stars.

When the LEM set down on the Lunar surface, it gave out 3000 lb. worth of thrust. This would have created a massive hole underneath the Lunar Module, but in pictures of the Lunar Module, the ground underneath is untouched.

Prof. Brian
King Kebab
St Pauli Fifer

An average days temperature on the moon ranges from 260° F to 280° F, too for film to survive. At those temperatures, film crinkles up into a ball.

About 20 miles about the Earth, there is a radiation belt named the Van Allen belt. No human can get through this belt, If you try than you get hit with 300+ rads of radiation. Unless they are surrounded on each side by 4 feet on lead.

There are millions of micro-metors traveling at speeds up to 6000 MPH, which would tear the ship to pieces.

If you look at the pictures/video of people on the moon, you will never see more than 3 stars.

When the LEM set down on the Lunar surface, it gave out 3000 lb. worth of thrust. This would have created a massive hole underneath the Lunar Module, but in pictures of the Lunar Module, the ground underneath is untouched.

(sigh) All of which have been explained by NASA. As for the new one about micro-metors (sic), Voyager I and II seem to have done OK.

Buzz Lightyear
ok ok, here we go;

1) When the astronauts are putting up the American flag it waves. There is no wind on the Moon!

2) No stars are visible in the pictures taken by the Apollo astronauts from the surface of the Moon!

3) No blast crater is visible in the pictures taken of the lunar landing module!

4) The landing module weighs 17 tons and yet sits on top of the sand making no impression. Next to it astronauts’ footprints can be seen in the sand!

5) The footprints in the fine lunar dust, with no moisture or atmosphere or strong gravity, are unexpectedly well preserved, as if made in wet sand!

6) When the landing module takes off from the Moon’s surface there is no visible flame from the rocket!

7) If you speed up the film of the astronauts walking on the Moon’s surface they look like they were filmed on Earth and slowed down!

8) The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt!

9) The rocks brought back from the Moon are identical to rocks collected by scientific expeditions to Antarctica!

10) All six Moon landings happened during the Nixon administration. No other national leader has claimed to have landed astronauts on the Moon, despite 40 years of rapid technological development!

TOO INFINITY...AND BEYOND!!

I posed these to my scientist mate (he also goes to an Astronomy club thing - hahaha). Goes without saying that he likes Rugby, not football!

He said the following in a few text messages....(I'm just the messenger)

1 - yes the flag moves. Due to the fact they're moving it around on a pole. You have to be really dense to believe this one.

2 - a bit harder to understand but not much. Anyone who understands basic photography will know that setting a camera to expose for a starscape and setting a camera to expose for frontlit objects within a few metres of the camera are two different things. Getting stars in a shot is a tricky bit of photography as it is. A short answer is that the settings required to expose stars would leave foreground objects hopelessly overexposed or blurred. Might argue that stars are brighter from the moon, which is true, but negligibly so for photographic purposes.

Edit to add: They actually DID decide to take some long exposure photos, also - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Apollo_16_UV_photo_of_Earth_rotated.jpg

3 - there's no blast crater because the lander landed on rocky ground. There was a relatively thin layer of dust which was blown off but not deep enough to leave a "crater". The moon is not made of cheese.

4 explained by 3

5 - you can easily make clear impressions on fine dust in a still atmosphere. This is an example of the "argument from personal incredulity".

6 - the landers rockets used hydrazine fuel, which doesn't produce visible flame.

7 - so what? It doesn't even look terribly like that anyway. But that's a subjective call, not a good argument.

8 - astronauts wouldn't have received a huge radiation dose from the Van Allen belt. Effects of the belt are massively overstated by conspiracy nuts.

9 - Rocks were similar to METEORITES found in Antarctica. Probably of lunar origin. Thousands of independent geologists have categorised rocks brought from the moon as not terrestrial. They all in on the conspiracy too?

10 - Moon landings were massively expensive and dangerous for little material gain. No pressing need to go back. Except that it's a cool thing to do - which doesn't really enthuse those who control the purse strings. The Apollo project was spearheaded and sarted by Kennedy - not Nixon.

Evidence for the moon landings: direct reflectors left on the moon surface. You can bounce a laser off these from Earth's surface abd record it coming back.

There are widely available hi-res photos of the landing sites taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

The f****g RUSSIANS independently tracked the missions and never cried foul. If there was any doubt they'd have been all over that.

My tuppence worth, watch this film and then make your mind up;