Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Programme of the year

Just received notification that The Bayview has been won 2nd division programme of the year as voted for by The. Northern Programme. Club. Well done Allan

Re: Programme of the year

The Bayview is an excellent publication.
Congratulations to the Trust and all the regular contributors.

Well done to all concerned.

Its been getting better and better every season and its now top of the table!

Great news and reward for all the hard work put in to it.

Any idea where to find the full results and/or who won the other awards? Been asked about it on Twitter.

Great News. Is that the second or third time The Bayview has won the top award since The EF Supporters Trust took it on?

Well done to all concerned !

I'll forward the email to you GoF

Cheers!

Let me know if u get it, sent to hotmail address

Yup. Got it thanks.

The programme is a brilliant read. Well done to all involved.

The programme is a brilliant read. Well done to all involved.

Aye. Well done. Lastweeks was an especially good read. Davie Duncan, almost a league title and the origins of station park in the wemyss. Great read.

It's the contributors' articles which win the awards. Liam Anderson and brothers,Jim Corstorphine,Liam Thomson,Stephen Mill,Mark Steven,Ken Morton,Donald Walker and Jim Stewart. Finally a word for Innes who does the programme selling for me when I am under threat.

Well done to all involved, much deserved reward for all the work done by contributors and the editor.

A prime example of the work that the Trust has put in over the years to transform what was a fairly ordinary run of the mill effort to one which is ahead of its peers.

Congratulations.

There seems to be something wrong with the site. The post of congratulations from SPF seems to have been deleted for I am sure he would have been one of the first to offer his praise for all the hard work done by the volunteers who put the programme together!!!!!

Mr Fife
There seems to be something wrong with the site. The post of congratulations from SPF seems to have been deleted for I am sure he would have been one of the first to offer his praise for all the hard work done by the volunteers who put the programme together!!!!!

Where the f**k are your congratulations on this thread like ?
Unbelievable.

What have you ever contributed to the programme by the way, Mr Fife?

Congratulations to all involved!

Thanks SPF. I know when you were attending you usually bought a programme.

This is fantastic news.

Well done all involved...

Mr Fife

Stop picking on SPF ! His views and opinions are his own , some people agree and some don't. He is welcome to post here anytime, as we all are. OPINIONS from posters are what makes this a good forum . Well done to all involved in the match day magazine

well done to all involved

Fifeyboab
Aye. Well done. Lastweeks was an especially good read. Davie Duncan, almost a league title and the origins of station park in the wemyss. Great read.

Cheers Fifeyboab aboot the positive review aboot the Station Park East Wemyss TimeTeam article! First that anyone has given any sort of feedback on the series!! Also, TOC,could you keep a copy of last Saturday's prog for me? Ta.

An East Fife Young Team gadgie regularly tells me "Beyond the Breeze Block" is shit.

Jim Corstorphine
Fifeyboab

Cheers Fifeyboab aboot the positive review aboot the Station Park East Wemyss TimeTeam article! First that anyone has given any sort of feedback on the series!! Also, TOC,could you keep a copy of last Saturday's prog for me? Ta.

I'm really surprised at that Jim.

It's a great read and I look forward to the next one every issue.

Just a shame that there's not really anything existing of these grounds now apart from the odd piece of wall.

Do you have any photos of any of these grounds from your research? Would love to see what they looked like.

GoF
Jim Corstorphine
Fifeyboab

I'm really surprised at that Jim.

It's a great read and I look forward to the next one every issue.

Just a shame that there's not really anything existing of these grounds now apart from the odd piece of wall.

Do you have any photos of any of these grounds from your research? Would love to see what they looked like.

Cheers, Gof!
Unfortunately I don't have any photos of these grounds. The only thing close aer aerial photos of what I believe to be where Anstruther Rangers' ground once was, and also of Den Park (Denbeath Star). On the Anster Rangers photo there's what appears to be the ruins of a shed which MAY have been what was left of the grandstand. As for the aerial photo of Den Park, the photo isn't very clear, but you can see it on the Methil No More Facebook pages.
The Anstruther ground was a particularly interesting one to research, and I got most of my information from a 90 year old who was only just able to remember it when used as a school playing field in the early 1930's!
Articles already written and ready for use in the next four programmes are Wellesley's School Parks (they had three grounds all named School Park!), Kirkcaldy United's Scott's Park (East Fife played there regularly before the 1st World War), Kirkland Stadium (where East Fife were supposed to move to in the 1950's) and Pittenweem's Station Park. Other grounds currently being researched are Buckhaven's Randolph Park, St Monans Swifts various grounds, and Leven Juniors' Linnwood Park (anyone have photos of it? I can remember seeing it from Windygates Road, with LEVEN JUNIORS FC in capital letters on the roof of the pavilion, but I was never at a match there!).

Well deserved award for the East Fife Programme.

I edit and write for the Stranraer programme and i've seen all the divisions clubs publications this season and I agree the East Fife effort is the best and has indeed been a great read for a few seasons now. (Thought you might like the feedback from a visitors viewpoint).

Congratulations

Cheers, Blue Moon.
Will sample your publication next Saturday!

Another great programme yesterday. First class articles