Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Alloa vs East Fife - Team News

From the SFL website:

Alloa Athletic vs East Fife - 19th January 2013: Match Preview

New signings to boost Alloa

Alloa will include two new signings for the first time when East Fife visit Recreation Park.

Former Ayr United defender Jonathan Tiffoney and on-loan Rangers youngster Callum Gallagher will both be involved.

Manager Paul Hartley also has Mitch Megginson available after agreeing a further loan deal with Aberdeen, although Nicky Low has returned to Pittodrie at the end of his loan spell.

The second-placed side are without Michael Doyle following groin surgery and Martin Grehan, who has a calf problem, while Kevin Cawley is a major doubt due to a virus.

Hartley said: "We have an excellent home record but I know it will be tested by an East Fife side that have improved greatly under Billy Brown.

"After missing out when our game with Arbroath was postponed last week we cannot wait for kick off."

East Fife welcome back Craig Johnstone after a two-game ban as they look for their first win in three away games and the three points that would help their play-off push.

The Fifers will be without David Muir who has a foot injury and Gareth Wardlaw who has been ill.

"I began my time at East Fife a few months ago with a game against Alloa and we lost it 1-0," manager Billy Brown said.

"They are a good footballing side and deservedly beat us but our league position and points tally have improved a lot since then.

"It will be good to pit our wits against Alloa and see how much closer we have got to them during my time here."