Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Info Please

What a shower of shit the people at the top are at this club.I have been trying all morning to get info whether the game is on today or not with no success.Come on For Fuck Sake a little info please East Fife or are you quite happy to see fans travel away even when the games off.

Re: Info Please

Hiya Bob!!!!

Grinch
What a shower of shit the people at the top are at this club.I have been trying all morning to get info whether the game is on today or not with no success.Come on For Fuck Sake a little info please East Fife or are you quite happy to see fans travel away even when the games off.

What do you mean you have been trying all morning? Could you not have just phoned the club and asked if the game was on? It`s a pity no one has the time or commitment to update official site now and again on subjects such as this.

DPH
Grinch

What do you mean you have been trying all morning? Could you not have just phoned the club and asked if the game was on? It`s a pity no one has the time or commitment to update official site now and again on subjects such as this.

I would have thought no news, is good news? Mind you, it clearly states on the BBC website, that several games are cancelled and the Alloa v East Fife game is NOT one of them. That tells you something eh? In fact, the Alloa website does not state the game is off either! Having said that, it doesn't specifically state that the game is on? But then again, there is a game scheduled to be on (since the start of the season, believe it or not), and will kick off at 3pm. Fortunately it is still the scheduled Alloa v East Fife game and not some other last minute re-arranged game instead, thank goodness!

What are we to do? Sitting in front of our computers and nobody can be bothered at Alloa, or Bayview to state on their websites that the game is on. It's no excuse that the game is scheduled for a 3pm kick-off, just like all the other games each week. I mean, do they not know this is the 21st century and people are too THICK nowadays, to work out that even after 100 odd years, football matches scheduled to be on at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon will actually be played, unless they are told it is NOT cancelled?

C'mon.....?

errr its an artificial surface isn't it?

That doesn't always necessarily mean it'll go ahead. Have seen them somehow postponed for frozen pitches before

Artificial pitches can stay frozen when natural grass has thawed

t looks pretty, but frost can be hazardous to an artificial grass pitch

During winter, artificial pitches retain a large moisture content and, inevitably, this moisture will freeze, causing the surface to become hard and often unsafe to play on. It is not uncommon for the surface to remain frozen, even when surrounding natural grass areas have thawed, due to the low core temperature of the artificial turf and the insulating effect that the infill and carpet creates.

http://www.technicalsurfaces.co.uk/frost_and_frozen_pitches_2012

http://www.pitchcare.com/magazine/artificial-surfaces-they-are-not-all-weather.html

Not this season I take it?

St Pauli Fifer
That doesn't always necessarily mean it'll go ahead. Have seen them somehow postponed for frozen pitches before

Artificial pitches can stay frozen when natural grass has thawed

t looks pretty, but frost can be hazardous to an artificial grass pitch

During winter, artificial pitches retain a large moisture content and, inevitably, this moisture will freeze, causing the surface to become hard and often unsafe to play on. It is not uncommon for the surface to remain frozen, even when surrounding natural grass areas have thawed, due to the low core temperature of the artificial turf and the insulating effect that the infill and carpet creates.

http://www.technicalsurfaces.co.uk/frost_and_frozen_pitches_2012

http://www.pitchcare.com/magazine/artificial-surfaces-they-are-not-all-weather.html

"To be honest, it is a load of old cobblers, if the snow comes thick, you're knackered. If you salt too soon you can end up with a glaze which freezes rock hard and then takes longer to thaw"

Food for thought if we're going down that route.

The pitch is artificial but the surrounding area and the roads are not,went to the game and the snow was falling full pelt but I was not to know that it wasn't lying there.It may have been on the calender but the calender doesn't take into account the weather smart arse.

Grinch
The pitch is artificial but the surrounding area and the roads are not,went to the game and the snow was falling full pelt but I was not to know that it wasn't lying there.It may have been on the calender but the calender doesn't take into account the weather smart arse.

Aye quite right!! How come East Fife didn't know that all the roads around Alloa were not artificial and are actually grass, eh? Also, they should have known that it was going to snow at any time and that you wouldn't know that could possibly happen!

It's about time East Fife opened up a weather advisory department! Maybe they could advise the Scottish Government when to put out severe weather warnings?

What chance do us numpty's have when we want to go anywhere?

Once I wasn't sure if a game would go ahead and I phoned the home teams number and a nice lady answered and said "Oh aye son the game is still on, the weathers here is braw". It was.