Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

Alloa 1 East Fife 1 after 42 mins.

Re: Latest Score

Should have won no problem! McManus sitter. 3-1 would have a fair result!

We played well 1st half but Alloa were the better team 2nd half and we could have scored with McManus header. Good work man like performance from the boys. McManus took his goal very well and gets better with every game and he will take chances like that when a bit sharper. Johnston played well and ran and covered a lot of ground. Campbell did well in the middle of the park. Our better players had off games smith , Barr ,Willis ,Samuel didn't look as sharp as the last few games. We have took 2 points off the form teams of the division and there is not a lot between the teams and us. We need a big win next week to put pressure on the play off teams.

I thought a draw was about right. Good game in which both teams had spells when they were on top played in difficult conditions. Craig Johnstone had his best game yet for East Fife. We've come a long way under Billy Brown, hats off to him for turning the team around.

Good assessment of the game both teams deserved a draw in shocking conditions . Pass maks to McManus , Johnston , Durie ,White. We could have sneaked it with McManus ,Campbell ,Samuel all having chances to score but Alloa came at us more in the 2nd half. Agree about billy brown he has turned the players around very quickly and has to us playing good football at times.

1st half honours even.....
2nd half Alloa shaded it with the bulk of possession.
Agree could have been 1-3 with the chances we created in the 2nd half, equally they had a couple of goal scoring chances.
Antell...well done son, stood your ground and timed your save well when 1 on 1.
and....to punch or not to punch, again right decision to punch clear to cut out cross. Well done.

Samuel MOM in my opinion. We look a much better team with him on the park, he holds the ball up well, brings players into the game. We took him off and McManus was left chasing long punts up the park.

A draw probably a fair result today. Antell made a great save from the one on one but still think he looks a bit shakey when it comes to collecting crosses. No doubt a decent shot stopper, but he doesn't command his area.

Good result against a good side at a difficult venue (a lot of the players don't like the astro !) great goal from us with a sweeping move finishing with an inch perfect cross from Samuel and a good volley from McManus. The Alloa goal came from an unchallenged header, although it looked as though the player marking him (McCormack ?) either slipped or was pushed out the way. Both teams had chances in the second half but a draw was probably a fair reflection on the game.
I thought Stoney had a really good game at left back after his 2 match suspension and Stevie Campbell did very well in an unaccustomed central midfield role. With a few more games together I'm sure Samuel and McManus will prove to be an excellent strike partnership and start banging the goals in. The next two games - Ayr Utd (home) and Stanraer (away) will have a big say in whether we are involved in fighting for a play off place at the top or trying to keep our heads above the relegation play off place.
Last week and this week has shown there is nothing for us to fear in the League and that we can compete with teams above us. Hopefully confidence will be high and we can pick up 6 points out of 6 and put pressure on the teams above us. C'mon the Fife !

Agree we lost our place in the game after samuel went off.I thought jamieson would have taken his place,as i thought he was really good last week when he came on.Assuming he was on the bench never heard who was subs.A good first half performance,only hamperd with the loss of a soft goal from a corner.Started 2nd half strongly but when samuel went of we had no one to hold the ball up.We defended well as alloa break very quickly,and stonie,whyte and mcormack all played very well.Antell had a couple of decent saves.Thats the two form teams we have played in the last two weeks and we have given as good as we got.Optimistic we can mount a challenge for a play off spot.

We were good in the first half but reverted to punts in the second.Have to say Willis has come on leaps and bounds from the first time I saw him