Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The boaby ? can he return ?

Bring back the Boabby ? Bobby Linn would love to return to east fife , can we get him back ?

Re: The boaby ? can he return ?

It's up to Billy Brown if he wants him. If he does its up to the Board to decide if we can afford to bring him back. If we can then I'd be quite happy to welcome him back. We want the best players we can get at Bayview and I think during his previous spell at Bayview I'm sure most folk would agree that he is a good player. Over to you Mr Brown

Would love to see him back my only concern is that , for his last year or so he didn't look happy at all playing for The Fife.

If this was indeed the case whatever was the issue would have had to be resolved or we wouldn't be getting back the Boabby we all loved earlier in his time with us.

Agree with Bayview Boy that we really need a leader -someone who isn't going to tolerate anything less than 100 per cent commitment from ALL the team. We shouldn't have to rely on Billy giving some players a half time rollicking to get them making tackles and showing some fight.

That said , although we didn't play we'll today all credit to the team for fighting back and getting a draw after so many changes to the team.

Would love to see the wee man back in the Black and Gold. Every successful Fife team has had a Dundonian at it's heart.

Come back to Methil
Oor Bobby, Oor Bobby
Come back again to the place you belong

Come to the Dubbieside
Come to the Wellesley
Come and drink pints in the Brig Tavern bar

Oh when we lent ye to Ballingry Rovers
Little we kent of the crap served up there
Worse than the Rovers and worse than the Cowden
Come back and breathe in the fresh Methil air

So come back to Methil
Oor Bobby, Oor Bobby
And it's New Bayview shall sing with delight

-

Bobby Linn wants to come back.....FACT!!!

Bobby Linn wanted to leave....FACT!!!
i'd take any good player at bayview but he chased the money, he's East Fife's Ian Black, dropped a level for better money...FACT !!!!
Let the Arguements begin..................

I'd take him. One of the best players i've seen at Bayview in the past ten years. Can score goals and make chances out of nothing. Two footed as well. He didn't always play a blinder but few, if any, do at our level. I'd imagine a few clubs will be intrested in him.

I think when bobby linn was here he was a great player for the strikers. McManus scored a lot of goals when they both played in the same team and Wallace also got a lot of goals playing in the same team. I would have him back in a peep very good player and wilth McManus ,Barr ,Samuel that would be a great front line.

Would love to see Linn and Barr in the same team with Sammy and Shagger up front. C'mon East Fife, make it happen!

grass not so green now?
Bobby Linn wanted to leave....FACT!!!
i'd take any good player at bayview but he chased the money, he's East Fife's Ian Black, dropped a level for better money...FACT !!!!
Let the Arguements begin..................

That is ridiculous to compare Linn to Ian Black. Bobby Linn is part time and works as a sales assistant with a young daughter to support. Why shouldn`t he go for better money? I`m sure a lot of people would do the same in similar circumstances.

Ian Black was an international capped player on decent money at Hearts (when paid!) and he more or less gave up any chance of further caps to drop down to the 3rd division for better money.

To compare them both is simply stupid. Argument over! FACT.

Bobby Linn would love a move back to Bayview. The problem is that East Fife would have to buy him if they wanted him as he's under contract.

Would think Ballingry might be happy to get him off the wage bill.

on 1 hand bobby was a great player for ujs and we should definately look at bringing him nback if he wants a return but thne i think about how he diched us when he had rhe offer of mpre money whos to say he woouldnt do the same if he came back and was then offered better wages somewhere else

Don't trust a badge kisser.

I would gladly have Linn back. I reckon BB would get the best out him. Linn, McManus, Samuel and Barr would be very good together at this level and would give us a shout of making the play offs.

Bayviewboy
Would think Ballingry might be happy to get him off the wage bill.

The main problem is the £13,000 transfer fee which Mr Gray wishes for Bobby.

That is ridiculous to compare Linn to Ian Black. Bobby Linn is part time and works as a sales assistant with a young daughter to support. Why shouldn`t he go for better money? I`m sure a lot of people would do the same in similar circumstances

DlA spot on,closest to the truth, people work to support their families, this sometimes includes leaving a job they're happy in for better wages, why should Bobby be any different? Oh and Sammy where did u get £13000 from from? you are wrong FACT!!

If you take Bobby Linn' s reported signing on fee and his weekly wage I think you' 'll find Sammy is very accurate in the money Ballingry and their benefactor would want.

and again i say Sammy is wrong Bob

Is Willie Gray still bank rolling Ballingry as rumours are that he has gone to Spain ? If he is no longer at Ballingry they'll be delighted to reduce their huge wage bill so might wish to get the big earners out the door ASAP !

Get him on a pre-contract then. Sorted.

Getting bobby back is a win-win for all concerned - let's do it...

edinburgh effc

Bobby Linn had his day at Fife and it was time for him to move on. Bobby Barr and him too alike in their style of play. Bobby Linn was only in the programme the other week stating he knew it was time to move on. I was surprised to read that Bobby was still annoyed at fan, who had shouted "your a disgrace Linn". Sorry a big chip on small shoulders is not the player we need back at fife.

I have it on good authority from an unnamed source that his Ballingry contract only allows him to return to Bayview on completion of a square go in the car park with "Mr Disgrace". Haunners anyone?

Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

Bobby Linn had his day at Fife and it was time for him to move on. Bobby Barr and him too alike in their style of play. Bobby Linn was only in the programme the other week stating he knew it was time to move on. I was surprised to read that Bobby was still annoyed at fan, who had shouted "your a disgrace Linn". Sorry a big chip on small shoulders is not the player we need back at fife.

I would say Bobby has every right to be annoyed at the tube who shouted that at him, he is human after all, or do you think otherwise? The guy who said it is a total and utter pratt! Not a lot Bobby can do about idiots like that, but he is very much entitled to be annoyed! What would you say or do, if I were to call you a disgrace? In fact, maybe I have just called you a tube, a pratt and an idiot already, without realising it??

Ordinary person.
Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

I would say Bobby has every right to be annoyed at the tube who shouted that at him, he is human after all, or do you think otherwise? The guy who said it is a total and utter pratt! Not a lot Bobby can do about idiots like that, but he is very much entitled to be annoyed! What would you say or do, if I were to call you a disgrace? In fact, maybe I have just called you a tube, a pratt and an idiot already, without realising it??

What would I do? I would grow a thicker skin, shrug it off, de-personalise it (after all, it was just an idiotic fan spouting shit) and move on.

Though probably not to Ballingry.

Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

^ Agree with this. Absolutely don't want Linn back. Just saying

Terracing Now!
Ordinary person.
Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

What would I do? I would grow a thicker skin, shrug it off, de-personalise it (after all, it was just an idiotic fan spouting shit) and move on.

And not be annoyed at all? You jest my friend! A little more honesty from people, would be refreshing. At least Bobby was being honest, more than I can say about some of the people who spout self-righteous pish on this site.

Observer
Terracing Now!
Ordinary person.
Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

And not be annoyed at all? You jest my friend! A little more honesty from people, would be refreshing. At least Bobby was being honest, more than I can say about some of the people who spout self-righteous pish on this site.

Course Id be annoyed but the question was, what would you do? I've answered what I would do and was being honest. And if that's self-righteous then so be it. Some of us can put things in perspective and deal with shit like that.

Terracing Now!
Observer
Terracing Now!
Ordinary person.
Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

Course Id be annoyed but the question was, what would you do? I've answered what I would do and was being honest. And if that's self-righteous then so be it. Some of us can put things in perspective and deal with shit like that.

You are FULL of shit pal!

Opinion
Terracing Now!
Observer
Terracing Now!
Ordinary person.
Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

You are FULL of shit pal!

Water off a duck's back....

Ordinary person.
Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

I agree the fan was out of order for shouting "your a disgrace Linn". What im saying Bobby admitted himself it was time to move on and he mentioned it in the programme. Dont you think its was a wee while ago and there is something wrong he needs to mention it again. Lets be honest he was gesturing to fans in a provcoctive way on several occasions all because of AFTN. This weeks programme was not much better with steve hyslop having a pop at certain fans, why did we choose to give the 2 players who left on a sour note a forum to have a pop at certain fans!!

The last couple of posts are what AFTN are all about. We have a duck, which is fortunate to have feathers which repel water,posting for the first time and he gets attacked for being self-righteous. A duck with morals should be respected.
Then Gladstone Fifer appears. He posts, on a forum which encourages anonymous free speech from anyone who can type, to criticise the programme for offering free speech to anyone who can type and is willing to put their name to it.
All I can do now is wait for another thumb typed anonymous post asking for my resignation.

Gladstone Fifer
Ordinary person.
Gladstone Fifer
edinburgh effc

I agree the fan was out of order for shouting "your a disgrace Linn". What im saying Bobby admitted himself it was time to move on and he mentioned it in the programme. Dont you think its was a wee while ago and there is something wrong he needs to mention it again. Lets be honest he was gesturing to fans in a provcoctive way on several occasions all because of AFTN. This weeks programme was not much better with steve hyslop having a pop at certain fans, why did we choose to give the 2 players who left on a sour note a forum to have a pop at certain fans!!

It wasn't all because of AFTN, although it will have played its part. Bobby responded to totally out of order comments from certain fans, (which were heard by everybody at the games) and ONLY towards those certain fans, not the rest of the fans. He probably felt it was time to move on in his mind at the time, but that doesn't mean he wanted to leave. If he wants to come back now, that says he wants to be at Bayview, so if Billy Brown thinks he would do a job for us, then why not?

As for the programme, I think we should consider ourselves lucky that it can publish players and ex-players comments, as it gives us the fans, a better insight to the club as a whole and what the players feel about us and the club. If all you want to see is patronising comments, then what is the point?

Not The Other Chairman
The last couple of posts are what AFTN are all about. We have a duck, which is fortunate to have feathers which repel water,posting for the first time and he gets attacked for being self-righteous. A duck with morals should be respected.
Then Gladstone Fifer appears. He posts, on a forum which encourages anonymous free speech from anyone who can type, to criticise the programme for offering free speech to anyone who can type and is willing to put their name to it.
All I can do now is wait for another thumb typed anonymous post asking for my resignation.

Your posts get more surreal and weirder by the day. I would get back to the doc's and ask for stronger tablets.

You are clearly not fit for high office. When are you resigning?

Mad Man
Not The Other Chairman

Your posts get more surreal and weirder by the day. I would get back to the doc's and ask for stronger tablets.

You are clearly not fit for high office. When are you resigning?

When are you applying? We really need a Mad Man at the helm.

Back to the topic - if Bobby Linn is still under contract to Ballingry till the end of the season, why don't East Fife offer him a pre contract for next season before any rival clubs get in first. I'm sure he is keen to come back to Bayview

From BBC Website

@BBCBMcLauchlin: "No business tonight for Dundee however they are hoping to sign a striker tomorrow who is negotiating release from his club

Wonder who?

Would Dundee FC want a player like bobby around? do they not have a fairly large squad with the signings of Dean Morgan & Garry Harkins, if the dee was to sign him he would have to settle for a place on the bench as for us we would need a player like bobby where he can play every week and its at his level of football

Dundee? Lol
This is Bobby Linn not Charlton. Average 2nd division at best and better off staying where he is.

agree with the post above SPL level would be way out of his depth now and he'll be fail no wonder he dropped down to cue at Peterhead and second division at best dont see him save dundee from drop anyway thanks to Sevco.

Bobby will go wherever the money is not where his heart is. They tell me St.Andrews pays top Dollar these days...just ask Craig Wedderburn!

Booy Linn not good enough for Dundee. Can do a job in Div 2 when interested. I would have him back here in a heartbeat.