Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife Blog

First of my East Fife blogs is now up the Scotzine.com website.

http://www.scotzine.com/2013/01/east-fife-blog-the-quiet-revolution-made-in-musselburgh/

Have a wee read if you like.

Re: East Fife Blog

Excellent stuff from Sparky. I'd recommend giving it a read.

Superb blog.

Well done.

Nice blog. No mention of Rankin or the 500 crowds in the revolution tho.

Well done. Well written. And well, that's pretty much what I would have said if I was able to write like that. I found myself nodding in agreement the whole way through.

I never knew it was scrap metal prices that did for Mr Gray. I was going through a bit of a redundancy crisis myself that year and had to cut out things like newspapers and trips to Bayview.

It is a good read but a bit optimistic about the current manager. He needs a full-time job, and he will be away when the first full-time offer comes along.
If we really are paying Bobby Barr a full-time wage, why are we not paying it to the manager instead, if we really want to keep him?

Thanks for the comments folks. The Rankine issue was hinted at in this blog but who knows what events will throw up in the future that might get an airing?

Declining attendances may well also get mention in the future particularly developing the angle of the link to the economy and clubs trying to survive in areas of multiple deprivation.

On the keeping a hold of BB the suggestion in the blog is that if the club were to develop in terms of its ownership and on field success it would maybe temper his need to move to a so called bigger club. I think Brown is a character who given time and the freedom to operate could make a mark on East Fife as influential as Davie Clarke.