Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NASA's Shock Admission Over Moon Landings!

Hopefully, with Bobby Barr spending his days in the gym, he'll be in good nick for the upcoming run-in.

Re: NASA's Shock Admission Over Moon Landings!

Here`s me thinking this was a post to finally let us know whether the Stranraer game is on or not and it turns out to be some pish about Bobby Barr.Whats the trust chairman doing about this?

I will be monitoring the situation closely and sending a report to Mr Rankine so he can instruct the EFFC board on who to pay off. Bad news about that other well loved institution Fans Against Nondescript Nylon Yellow Strips. Lonlies have complained that their new campaign slogan Fannys From Fife is aimed in their direction.

Not The Other Chairman
I will be monitoring the situation closely and sending a report to Mr Rankine so he can instruct the EFFC board on who to pay off. Bad news about that other well loved institution Fans Against Nondescript Nylon Yellow Strips. Lonlies have complained that their new campaign slogan Fannys From Fife is aimed in their direction.

I cringe reading your posts. If this is the best you can do, don't bother. Likewise being chairman of the trust. Thanks for all your hard work, but please make it possible for someone else to take over and get the trust going again.

trust watcher
Not The Other Chairman

I cringe reading your posts. If this is the best you can do, don't bother. Likewise being chairman of the trust. Thanks for all your hard work, but please make it possible for someone else to take over and get the trust going again.

I want to keep NTOC as the chairman. He is doing a better job than you are mate! I take it you are not a member if you are a wanke.... eh, ah mean a watcher?

Dear Truss Watcher,
Your dissatisfaction is noted.

Trust watcher, please put yourself forward for election to the Trust board in order to work your way up to the position of Chair. I will personally vet your application & give it due consideration along with all other board members and give you an immediate response. Sooner if we can do it!

Liam Anderson
Trust watcher, please put yourself forward for election to the Trust board in order to work your way up to the position of Chair. I will personally vet your application & give it due consideration along with all other board members and give you an immediate response. Sooner if we can do it!

When is the next Trust election, Liam ?

Liam Anderson

I haven't said I want to be chairman. Because I don't want to be chairman. But I do think the trust needs a new chairman, and there are people already involved who could do it. Maybe they don't want to offend NTOC by standing against him. That's why he should stand aside and give someone else the opportunity to lead the trust. He has been chairman for many years now and the trust has lost its way. Time for NTOC to realise that he's done his bit, take on a new role, and give someone else a chance to take the trust forward as the chair.

Next Agm SPF, see you there hopefully

Ta.

This probably sounds stupid, but after reading your post, do members vote or is it only the board who votes for Chairman?

Every year half the board have to stand for re election so it's up to the members, always has been, always will be

Liam Anderson
Every year half the board have to stand for re election so it's up to the members, always has been, always will be

But you don't ballot members, which could be done easily and cheaply by email. You hold a vote at a meeting instead. This year there were more committee members than ordinary members present, so what happens is that committee members vote back in committee members. Which is why nothing changes and the trust has become stale.
In practice, it's not up to the trust's members at all. The vast majority of them can't vote. We keep hearing the trust abides by its members wishes. That's a principle that is easy to keep if you don't try too hard to ask them what they want.

All it would need is for a few Trust members to indicate formally that they are dissatisfied with any aspect of how the Trust is being run and the Board would be obliged to act and a postal ballot may be a method of resolving the complaint.
As a Trust member you would have the ability to canvass support within the organisation and with enough support make anything you want happen.
At the AGM all you would have needed was six supporters and you could have had a new Chairman or have carried any motion you wanted to put forward.

Wow.The saddo`s are gonnae overthrow the Trust regime.I cannot wait for them to unveil their bold new future!This is so exciting,they are waiting in the wings ready to pounce.Will they succeed?Will they come out of their house?How does the song go "we`re gonna start a revolution from our beds".

Not The Other Chairman
As a Trust member you would have the ability to canvass support within the organisation and with enough support make anything you want happen.
At the AGM all you would have needed was six supporters and you could have had a new Chairman or have carried any motion you wanted to put forward.

Has it occurred to you that such a scenario does not indicate that the trust is in good health? Or to put it another way, no one wants to go to your meeting. Why is that?

trust watcher
Not The Other Chairman

Has it occurred to you that such a scenario does not indicate that the trust is in good health? Or to put it another way, no one wants to go to your meeting. Why is that?

Possibly because you and certain others are too lazy to go? I suspect though, the vast majority of members are satisfied that the present committee, the people who can be bothered to get off their backsides, are doing a good job.

trust watcher
Liam Anderson

I haven't said I want to be chairman. Because I don't want to be chairman. But I do think the trust needs a new chairman, and there are people already involved who could do it. Maybe they don't want to offend NTOC by standing against him. That's why he should stand aside and give someone else the opportunity to lead the trust. He has been chairman for many years now and the trust has lost its way. Time for NTOC to realise that he's done his bit, take on a new role, and give someone else a chance to take the trust forward as the chair.

Excuse me my friend but in what way has the Trust lost its way? What's your beef against NTOC because it is coming across as highly personal and a bit childish to be honest.

I don't know why people can't stick to the subject. What's all this got to do with Bobby Barr? I heard if he's successful in winning one of the new franchises for The Bayview, he might stay next season.

KotS
I don't know why people can't stick to the subject. What's all this got to do with Bobby Barr? I heard if he's successful in winning one of the new franchises for The Bayview, he might stay next season.

Exactly! Less football pish and more space talk!

Trust member
trust watcher
Not The Other Chairman

Possibly because you and certain others are too lazy to go? I suspect though, the vast majority of members are satisfied that the present committee, the people who can be bothered to get off their backsides, are doing a good job.

What does the Trust do? The programme, and a raffle. You don't need a Trust to do either of those. A supporters club could do that. What else does the Trust do? Anything?

"A total of £1500 was paid to the RNLI from the 2011 prize draw."

"As at 31.05.12 The Trust holds 4345 shares; representing an overall investment of £19,550 in East Fife FC."

etc
etc
etc

Dr Rieux

"As at 31.05.12 The Trust holds 4345 shares; representing an overall investment of £19,550 in East Fife FC."

etc
etc
etc

The raffle, and a shares purchase from a few years ago. Can you expand on 'etc etc etc'

trust watcher
Dr Rieux

etc
etc
etc

The raffle, and a shares purchase from a few years ago. Can you expand on 'etc etc etc'

You clearly have strong opinions on what the Trust should be doing. Why not come along to the next meeting and put your proposals forward?

trust watcher
Dr Rieux

etc
etc
etc

You still haven't explained how the Trust has lost its way; you're the one doing the accusing so let's hear you 'expand' on what you mean.

No one is interested in going to trust meetings. Members do not know the direction of the trust and the plans for it.

In EF we trust
No one is interested in going to trust meetings. Members do not know the direction of the trust and the plans for it.

Translation. I am not interested in going to a trust meeting because it would require taking some responsibility and doing something in person.

Dr Rieux

etc
etc
etc

Out of interest, anyone at liberty to say how much Brookes Mileson gave the Trust for shares ?

I dont know the figures but seem to remember he donated a modest amount for him and heard he was willing to put in more to help get rid of Broon. Ultimately that proved not to be needed.

Id guess that the vast majority of funds for shares were raided by the trust and its members through the events, raffles programme and subs.

Id also guess that EFST would be high up the Scottish in terms of shares in clubs and also from the posted accounts has a sizable reserve to buy shares as part of its ultimate purpose of fan/community ownership.

Ps Im not a board member and there will be others who could answer better by direct communication/

Sparky
seem to remember he donated a modest amount

I'd thought it was five figures. Could be wrong. Over to someone in the the know...

Ten grand wasn't it?

When i first open this, I thought we had secretly signed Kevin Moon from St Johnstone last night Shhh don't tell? dam i have gave it away oh well, my mission is to get to Stranraer but will need to buy a sat-navigation system now lost all sense of memory

Lochee Fifer
In EF we trust

Translation. I am not interested in going to a trust meeting because it would require taking some responsibility and doing something in person.

Reality. Nae cunt goes to the meetings.