Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Welcome Back Mr Linn

Heard from a reliable source that Bobbys contract has been terminated at Ballingry and is set to sign 18 month contract at Bayview

Re: Welcome Back Mr Linn

I truly hope this is a load of nonsense.

Not sure if this is true but would welcome it. Frustrating player at times but when he was on he was a match winner and at this level they're few and far between!

effc
I truly hope this is a load of nonsense.

Think you are in a substantial minority on this one pal.

I seem to remember the same comments appearing on this website when it was rumoured that Paul McManus was returning to Bayview. We are a team in the middle of Division 2 and we all want the best players available in our budget. Bobby Linn is a very good player at our level and if he is available and the Manager feels that the signing would strengthen the squad, then I'm sure the fans will get behind him and support any player who pulls on the Black and Gold. It would be great to be able to bring in Craig Gordon, Derek Riordan and Barry Robson who would all strengthen our squad but realistically they will be outwith our price range and unlikely to sign for us. Lets trust Billy Browns judgement and hope that the Board financially back his judgement on what is required to get us into the play offs. C'mon the Fife lets see some action on transfer deadline day !

Bayviewboy
I seem to remember the same comments appearing on this website when it was rumoured that Paul McManus was returning to Bayview. We are a team in the middle of Division 2 and we all want the best players available in our budget. Bobby Linn is a very good player at our level and if he is available and the Manager feels that the signing would strengthen the squad, then I'm sure the fans will get behind him and support any player who pulls on the Black and Gold. It would be great to be able to bring in Craig Gordon, Derek Riordan and Barry Robson who would all strengthen our squad but realistically they will be outwith our price range and unlikely to sign for us. Lets trust Billy Browns judgement and hope that the Board financially back his judgement on what is required to get us into the play offs. C'mon the Fife lets see some action on transfer deadline day !

Quite simply, some of the players we have at present are not good enough and Billy Brown has stated that he would only bring in players that are better than what we have.

Bobby Linn fits that bill.

Nonsense what a load of p..h

Thought I'd check the Ballingry Rovers website's latest news just in case. No mention of the Boaby but they did have this...

"Due to the inclement weather it has been necessary to cancel the SNAIL RACE NIGHT scheduled for Saturday 2nd February."

So that's what they're doing with our ex-players.

FFS,didn`t know Hislop and Dalziel were there too.

Bobby ok we would take him back and we all recognise his quality. So if he did return let's see if he could keep up with bobby b good addition and would strengthen the squad. Saturday's bench? FFs bob malcom was stripped nae offence bob but I would go and see doctor Christian mate. Super size to super skinny

Trollhunter
FFS,didn`t know Hislop and Dalziel were there too.

I would welcome Linn back with open arms. His form wasn`t that great before he left but i reckon BB would get the best out him. I hope he returns and we can push on for a play off place.

heard arbroath are interested

I hope he is coming back - great player and character...

grant1903
heard arbroath are interested

I'd imagine a few sides would be interested. Would be a great signing for us. Would add something to the team and could be vital in playoff push.

Heard he's been training with Dundee

Pretty certain that he will sign today.

-
Pretty certain that he will sign today.

Yeh but who for ????

BlackNdGold86
Heard from a reliable source that Bobbys contract has been terminated at Ballingry and is set to sign 18 month contract at Bayview

Care to update us?

Mad Man
BlackNdGold86

Care to update us?

I`ll update you. His reliable source is now an unreliable source.

Set to sign for Hearts

Kelty or Cupar?

BlackNdGold86

What a lot of nonsense some of our fans talk? Let me assure you he won't be back and he is close to signing a pre contract with Arbroath who have offered him more money. He won't be back for Fife

Bobby lined up at number 11 today as Ballingry beat Oakley 7-0.

Did ask him before the game why he wasn't on the bus to stranraer. .