Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

Losing 2-0 according to the BBC.

Re: Latest Score

Relegation play offs im affraid. Cant defend for shit

Conceding 3 goals against Stranraer is piss poor stuff.

3-1 down

Ouch! Didn`t see that coming. Thank fuck i didn`t go. That`s the only consolation i can take from that result. Back in the frame for relegation.

Well pretty pissed off at that result.... Couldn't make it due to other commitments... Long journey back for the 16 brave souls that went in the bus... Looking forward to a match report... Heard Stoney went off injured in the 1st and the defence struggled after that.. Worrying times..

garbage, garbage, garbage!! This has been coming as we have been shite for weeks now. cannot defend for toffee and what do we do? bring in a wide midfield player.

play off beckons with this half hearted bunch.

It`s been pretty obvious for most of the season we are relegation fodder yet a couple of flukey results and the numpties have us promoted.

laughable.

Same every week. Worst fans ever. Only come on to comment when we lose. We were better last two seasons when we apparently had worse players...

True Fifer = real fan

I support my team and don't come on and criticise and make silly little faces

True Fifer

Fiver says you weren't at game today.
True Fifer my arse.

Never in any danger of losing , we scored 3 it could have been 10 . The fifers were never in it .
about 25/30 east fife fans .

The above from Stranraer fan on P and B. Interesting to see what our lot have to say when they get home.

the above post is correct... we were/are bloody awful!!! Even a new manager can`t change this shower of shite! Even when we win it is a struggle.
brown says he would only have brought in new players if they were better than he had. well sorry billy, some of that on display at present are shite and bottling out of tackles is a joke.
no wonder the crowds are down! soon be home though.

jimbob
True Fifer

True Fifer my arse.

Was standing within five feet of you...got a comp ticket from one of the boys. Chin up mate

True Fifer
jimbob
True Fifer

True Fifer my arse.

Was standing within five feet of you...got a comp ticket from one of the boys. Chin up mate

well jim bob? not got much to say now have you? im a family member of a player whom i don't think it is fair to mention so you are due me more than a fiver...humble pie with custard

sad bastard not paying to get in and support your team.scotiish football in an nutshell,gimme,gimme,gimme

Fuck you

Who were the bad players yesterday and who were our better players if any

Liam
Who were the bad players yesterday and who were our better players if any

Billy Brown not exactly singing the praises of the players!1

Stranraer 3 East Fife 1

STEVIE AITKEN watched the Blues romp to victory then declared they could have scored more.

Darren Gribben grabbed a double on his second debut for Stranraer before turning provider for Sean Winter.

Paul Willis pulled one back for the visitors but a fightback never looked likely.

Blues boss Aitken said: “I thought we were miles better.

“The scoreline probably flatters them and given the play and chances, it could have been six or seven.

“We’re just so delighted to get the win after a couple of bad results.”

The returning Gribben had nines games for the Blues under Gerry Britton earlier in his career without finding the net.

But after Grant Gallagher collected the ball on the edge of the box and found the striker he slotted past Calum Antell.

It was one-way traffic and it took a brave block from Craig Johnstone to keep the score at 1-0.

Gribben spotted Chris Aitken alone on the edge of the box but the midfielder’s shot hit the defender who then left the field injured.

There was no let-up and a fine team move saw Stranraer double their lead.

Lloyd Kinnaird exchanged passes with Aitken and Winter before getting to the byeline.

He whipped in a low cross and Gribben bundled home from close range.

The ex-Arbroath man almost completely his hat-trick moments later but curled his effort just over the bar.

East Fife grabbed a lifeline eight minutes after the break after a howler from David Mitchell.

Willis collected the ball and his shot from 25 yards deceived the keeper.

But the Blues settled it as Winter tucked home Gribben’s low cross at the back post.

Billy Brown fumed: “We were well beaten by a team that showed a lot more desire.

“They could have scored every time they went up the park. We were absolutely shocking.”

cowdengelly
sad bastard not paying to get in and support your team.scotiish football in an nutshell,gimme,gimme,gimme

Thats rich, coming from someone from Giro City

On the other hand win our next three games against Forfar, Stenny and Brechin and we could be sitting in a promotion play off place.

Just a thought.

Sparky
On the other hand win our next three games against Forfar, Stenny and Brechin and we could be sitting in a promotion play off place.

Just a thought.

Sparky

Just a thought.

If only Sparky. We have shown nothing recently to suggest we can win these games. It`s about time we were all realistic and accept that the current bunch of players will avoid relegation but are no way good enough to achieve a play off spot.

The Optimists - first defeat in 5 games, a promotion push is still on Saturday was only a small setback.

The Pessimists - one win in 7, a relegation fight for sure now.

Either way a win is a must next week for sure.

It's all the fault of the EFST & in particular their chairman for holding meetings regularly enough and for not well........ Just for not so there! Toys thrown out of pram & sulking face pulled!