Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stranraer lowlights...

... are now on Stranraer TV. Scary viewing so beware! The amount of missed or weak tackles is unbelievable! Really missing someone to put a few crunching tackles in to unsettle other teams, we looked so powder puff!

Re: Stranraer lowlights...

Aye the same against Ayr, backing off and backing off, nobody putting a good tackle in. It's no good saying that it's never the same defence 2 weeks in a row, nobody can tackle! It's not as if any of the teams are so much better than us that we should fear them, we just give them so much space to get near our goal. C'mon the Fife and get mean!!!

Players bottling out of tackles doesn`t help either!! We are a soft touch who other teams can more than match us physically.

Well that looked bloody awful. Have to say well done to the 20-30 East Fife fans that braved the long journey down and back again to witness a shocking performance like that. Just one of those days, I guess. Now that our chances of reaching a play off position is gradually fading away, I think the aim now is to secure our place in this division again for next season which may not be such a bad thing. With the group of players we have, I'm pretty confident (just!) that they are capable of doing just that. Reaching the play off's is still technically possible but I think we all just have to accept that we're not quite there yet and I think what's important for us is to keep a hold of Billy Brown, who has done brilliantly for us, and let him have a huge clear-out in the summer and bring in together a quality team that can push us further up the table and challenge for promotion next season. Mon the Fife!

Looked utter garbage. Shity shakey camera work, got dizzy watching it, not like the quality of EFFC TV.

Speaks volumes for the "players" that put in a pathetic performance like that as a thank-you to the the brave 30 odd that made the hellish journey.

not impressed at all
Speaks volumes for the "players" that put in a pathetic performance like that as a thank-you to the the brave 30 odd that made the hellish journey.

Most players play for themselves. They don't like to let down fans, but it is not their first motivation.

Realistically staying in this League must now be our target with anything more being a bonus. If the new proposed structure of 12-12-18 goes through it won't matter anyway. We have too many players who think they are footballers but don't want to do the 'dirty' stuff like making physical challenges and competing fully in 50/50 challenges. I think every fan can think of situations this season when our players have shirked challenges when going in for 50/50s. We are a soft touch and are too easily bullied out of games - when the going gets tough we are nowhere to be seen !
I feel Billy Brown has done a decent job since he came in but he has surely seen enough of the players by now to realise who are not good enough or committed to the cause and need replaced. The lack of movement in the transfer window was disappointing to say the least with only 19 year old Dale Keenan coming in despite having lost Jordan Foster back to Hibs and Jamie Pollock being released. Too often players are almost guaranteed a game due to injury but in some cases also due to lack of competition in certain positions. We lose soft goals week in week out yet the same players still have a jersey the following week. Why has Michael Brown failed to get his chance ? Surely after losing 9 goals in 4 games he is due his chance or is there an agreement with Hibs that if Antell is fit - he plays ?
I am not suggesting that any player who pulls on the Black and Gold is not trying but I would question some whether they are giving 100% determination and commitment to the cause. Hopefully injuries clear soon and Billy Brown can start to get a settled team on the park and be able to make changes if players do not perform. The players must realise that they are also playing for contracts for next season so need to start performing more consistently and showing the attitude required to wear the Black and Gold - ability alone is not enough.

Fly on the Wall
Realistically staying in this League must now be our target with anything more being a bonus. If the new proposed structure of 12-12-18 goes through it won't matter anyway. We have too many players who think they are footballers but don't want to do the 'dirty' stuff like making physical challenges and competing fully in 50/50 challenges. I think every fan can think of situations this season when our players have shirked challenges when going in for 50/50s. We are a soft touch and are too easily bullied out of games - when the going gets tough we are nowhere to be seen !
I feel Billy Brown has done a decent job since he came in but he has surely seen enough of the players by now to realise who are not good enough or committed to the cause and need replaced. The lack of movement in the transfer window was disappointing to say the least with only 19 year old Dale Keenan coming in despite having lost Jordan Foster back to Hibs and Jamie Pollock being released. Too often players are almost guaranteed a game due to injury but in some cases also due to lack of competition in certain positions. We lose soft goals week in week out yet the same players still have a jersey the following week. Why has Michael Brown failed to get his chance ? Surely after losing 9 goals in 4 games he is due his chance or is there an agreement with Hibs that if Antell is fit - he plays ?
I am not suggesting that any player who pulls on the Black and Gold is not trying but I would question some whether they are giving 100% determination and commitment to the cause. Hopefully injuries clear soon and Billy Brown can start to get a settled team on the park and be able to make changes if players do not perform. The players must realise that they are also playing for contracts for next season so need to start performing more consistently and showing the attitude required to wear the Black and Gold - ability alone is not enough.

With 13 or so games between now and the end of the season, also teams around us have games in hand included albion surely we have to start winning and picking up points. Thought alloa away we could of got something and brechin at home but if you don't take your chances your no going to win games. Our defence have been shocking part from stoney but your right our lack of signings in this window is a question mark from the coaches and the club to get the right players for the club, I think I'm repeating myself we do need a defender in that put in tackles, focus and organize the back four. A player like smarty or a experience head of ovenstone would be required as we lack one of them...I hope when the summer comes and we stay in this division they will be a clear out and be activity in the window for ones maybe that's why billys waiting to do I dunno.
I dunno if the game with cowdenbeath in midweek took an effect on a few players fitness ahead of the trip down the ayrshire coastline.
We need to start on Saturday and Billy's been great but the players do need to play for the shirt and for us the fans now. Something got to change we haven't had much to cheer about all season let see you can get the club to survive this relegation fight and let the 4th may be it. Come on east fife!

not impressed at all

Bit harsh. I've seen the highlights and we had several chances but I agree, the defending was poor - for both sides.

Bette Noir
I've seen the highlights and we had several chances

Did we? I thought East Fife were the team in black.