Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Meeting

East Fife Supporters’ Trust Meeting

In order to establish if the Trust is being run effectively and to allow a review of our aims and objectives the board has decided that a meeting will be held at Bayview on Thursday, February 21st at 19.30.

This meeting will allow all members, and anyone wishing to attend and join on the night, to express their views and help establish how the Trust should progress.
There will be a completely open agenda which will allow both current and future strategy and leadership to be examined and, if necessary,changed.

Please take this opportunity to ensure that the direction of the Trust and decisions made by the board reflect the wishes of the members.

Re: Meeting

Hope the meeting is going to held upstairs as the interest in this is going to be phenominal judging by previous posts on this site.
Will there be chairs with a big padded cushions near the front for Trust Watcher & SPF?

Whats in the programme tomorrow NTOC? Anything juicy?

I've seen the draft & its jam packed with articles this week. Really enjoyed reading it, good interview with Paul McManus in particular.

Liam Anderson
I've seen the draft & its jam packed with articles this week. Really enjoyed reading it, good interview with Paul McManus in particular.

Will be good to see what Shagger has to say

Lets not go off on a tangent here,this is about the trust meeting and a chance for the keyboard warriors to make themselves known at a publicised open meeting,a chance for them to speak up, put forward their proposals and vision for the future of the trust and possibly stand for election onto the trust board,in the process they may even push forward their plans to oust that fiendish NTOC!This is so exciting!What will they come up with?

I wonder if Shagger will say that a certain element of the support need to have a word with themselves?

Well..nows your chance St Pauli.....

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

JIMBOB

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

We're all still waiting for an answer to the original questions of what the Trust actually does apart from a raffle and the programme. What are its plans? What has been achieved in the last three years? How many new members have joined? When was the last time that an attempt like this was made to ask members what they want? Years ago, and members have lost interest.
It does not require a special meeting to work this one out. Three people at the agm says it all. If people were going to stand against the chairman it would have happened that night. But no one wants to rock the boat or cause offence.
The chairman has been in the chair long enough He should know himself that after ten years he has done all he was ever going to do, and stand aside gracefully to give someone else a chance to lead the Trust.
Instead he's hanging on and announcing a meeting to try to call people's bluff, because he knows hardly any one will turn up, as usual. Then he will claim to be vindicated and carry on doing whatever it is he does. Which brings us back to ... what does the Trust actually do? And what are its plans? Maybe this could be the chairman's next message to us.

100% agree.

trust watcher are you going to the meeting on february 21.You seem to be the type of person who would get up there and tell everybody what the trust should be doing.

JOHNBOY
JIMBOB

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

Put what up? I don't go to games, why would I go to a Trust meeting? 3 people went to the AGM and that's my fault? No one seems to know where the Trust is going, what its plans are, that's my fault? 400 will be at the game tomorrow, my fault?

If I start going to games, I might start going to Trust meetings. You might want to start getting others going, forget me.

The Trust should be governed by a Chairman (whoever that may be) who will at least give you a reason to believe it is worth your while being a member. That's not a lot to ask. When was the last time the Trust asked for the input of members other than picking a charity or selling raffle tickets?

Unlike you trustwatcher, I won't hide behind any anonymity rock. If all the trust did, was make the programme each home game, i'd lay odds its a f,n sight more than you do. So please STFU and leave them to do whatever they do. Sick of the constant winging on here GoF. It does sod all for the club, the team or the majority of the fans. Close the forum.

I'm not a member of the trust nor do I know the Charman or the committee but have to agree with Ian L . Anyone who gives up any amount of time to do anything to help the Fife has my respect and appreciation .

Until I have the time t get involved in the trust and see fr myself what goes on I could not pass criticism . I suppose if I felt that strongy that the trust were as hopeless I would find the time to get involved and help improve matters( if indeed they need improving)

Credit must go to the chairman - it would be easy and perhaps unstandable if he were to walk away in the face of the criticism on here. There doesn't appear to be many people wishing to replace him or to propose positive ideas as how the trust should develop in the future-too much negativity and personal insults for my liking.

Last time I posted I was accused of being Bran McNeil ! How long before someone suggests Iam really the Chairman of the trust?

Ian L
Unlike you trustwatcher, I won't hide behind any anonymity rock.

Ian L? I have no idea who you are. You are anonymous to me, and I have no problem with that. It doesn't matter to me who you are. All I would like to know from you is, if the trust is doing such a good job, can you tell me what that is? Any details? Can you answer any of the questions? Or is it easier to close the forum, as you demand of GoF?

Fifer 11
I'm not a member of the trust nor do I know the Charman or the committee but have to agree with Ian L . Anyone who gives up any amount of time to do anything to help the Fife has my respect and appreciation .

Until I have the time t get involved in the trust and see fr myself what goes on I could not pass criticism . I suppose if I felt that strongy that the trust were as hopeless I would find the time to get involved and help improve matters( if indeed they need improving)

Credit must go to the chairman - it would be easy and perhaps unstandable if he were to walk away in the face of the criticism on here. There doesn't appear to be many people wishing to replace him or to propose positive ideas as how the trust should develop in the future-too much negativity and personal insults for my liking.

Last time I posted I was accused of being Bran McNeil ! How long before someone suggests Iam really the Chairman of the trust?

Trust watcher & SPF .... go to the meeting and ask for yourself what the trust does, its obvious you want to know the answers to your questions.
The meeting has been called ..time and date given.. so go along and ask.

Thanks for the encouragement. Can you answer the questions that have been asked kenwit? Why wait for a meeting? What does the trust actually do? Someone must know, surely! Anyone? Anyone at all? Does no one care?

sorry i cant answer your questions, i'm sure they'll be answered for you when you turn up and ask. Just over a week to go, i'm sure you can wait and remember what you have to ask.

That's a pity you don't know the answers either. Does anyone else out there know what the trust does apart from sell raffle tickets and programmes? I am starting to wonder if it is a secret.

as far as i can see, they raise money for the club and you moan

Some people just don't like Supporters Trusts but I'm glad that we have a well established Trust. There is a real danger that in attacking EFST we could be responsible for dismantling the only democratic and accountable organisation that is currently linked to East Fife. EFST have provided supporters representation at full board level since 2011 and in doing so have largely worked cooperatively with the current board. Critics will say that this has not affected the change in ownership that many would like to see but without anyone coming forward to invest in East Fife I can't see the benefit in the Trust picking fights with the current board. I personally would encourage every EF supporter to join the Trust as this is the only collective voice that we have. There is no doubt that if the Trust can raise significant levels of finance then the major shareholders will listen.

trust watcher
Thanks for the encouragement. Can you answer the questions that have been asked kenwit? Why wait for a meeting? What does the trust actually do? Someone must know, surely! Anyone? Anyone at all? Does no one care?

Why the reluctance from you to attend the meeting and ask your own questions? I'm afraid a fans forum like AFTN, is not the way to get answers, because how do you know the real Trust committee members are actually giving you the answers?

It looks to me that you are simply a troublemaker, who has no bottle to speak up in person at a meeting, yet you expect others to put time and effort into running the Trust and all you can do is criticise them from your keyboard.

As far as I am concerned, the Trust was formed to get a significant fans ownership of the club through buying shares. This can only be achieved by donations and fund raising events, that involves the very people you are criticising, putting in their own valuable time into doing just that. Getting sufficient shares will take time, especially when you see posts on here from so-called supporters whinging about it being a pound cheaper to get into games at some other stadiums! What chance is there of them, donating money to the Trust or, even buying a raffle ticket?

trust watcher
That's a pity you don't know the answers either. Does anyone else out there know what the trust does apart from sell raffle tickets and programmes? I am starting to wonder if it is a secret.

I was involved in setting up the trust.

To put it simply, the trust is a vehicle for east fife supporters to have an influence in the running of their club. And like all vehicles, it is only going somewhere when it is being driven. It was driven when the members wanted shares in the club. It was driven when members wanted a rep on the board. It was driven when the members wanted rid of Derrick brown. It is up to the trust members to determine where the trust goes and what it does.

The aims of the trust are no secret. They are written in the trust's constitution. But if you genuinely want to know what the trust is doing come along to the meeting. You can even join and have an input into what the trust does going forward. Contributions and suggestions will be warmly received.

trust watcher
We're all still waiting for an answer to the original questions of what the Trust actually does apart from a raffle and the programme. What are its plans? What has been achieved in the last three years? How many new members have joined? When was the last time that an attempt like this was made to ask members what they want? Years ago, and members have lost interest.
It does not require a special meeting to work this one out. Three people at the agm says it all. If people were going to stand against the chairman it would have happened that night. But no one wants to rock the boat or cause offence.
The chairman has been in the chair long enough He should know himself that after ten years he has done all he was ever going to do, and stand aside gracefully to give someone else a chance to lead the Trust.
Instead he's hanging on and announcing a meeting to try to call people's bluff, because he knows hardly any one will turn up, as usual. Then he will claim to be vindicated and carry on doing whatever it is he does. Which brings us back to ... what does the Trust actually do? And what are its plans? Maybe this could be the chairman's next message to us.

Its rather bizarre logic to criticise an organisation for lack of attendance at meetings and poor communication then criticise it for providing members with an opportunity to ask the kind of valid questions you raise.
Far from the Chairman calling anyone bluff he is I believe responding to direct communication from the members to take stock of where we are as an organisation. That communication has not been anonymous or though a message board on a website unconnected with EFST. I for one feel the Trust Board are listening. Both Allan and Eugene have at all times responded to direct questions I have asked them about the club and the Trust. Maybe yu should try that.

See you at the meeting though.

Of course if you are not a Trust Member they would be well within their rights to tell you to fuck off, but I'm sure they are far too gentlemanly for such crudity.

Sparky
trust watcher

Its rather bizarre logic to criticise an organisation for lack of attendance at meetings and poor communication then criticise it for providing members with an opportunity to ask the kind of valid questions you raise.
Far from the Chairman calling anyone bluff he is I believe responding to direct communication from the members to take stock of where we are as an organisation. That communication has not been anonymous or though a message board on a website unconnected with EFST. I for one feel the Trust Board are listening. Both Allan and Eugene have at all times responded to direct questions I have asked them about the club and the Trust. Maybe yu should try that.

See you at the meeting though.

No danger of that Sparky, unless you have Skype set up and he/she can attend via his/her keyboard! Even then, I reckon he/she would wear a mask so he/she couldn't be recognised.

Fifer 11
I'm not a member of the trust nor do I know the Charman

My goodness - not only does NTOC have to run the Trust, put together and sell the programme, organise the raffle, raise funds and arrange the meetings - he's got to make the tea as well? Sterling job, sir.

Trust Watcher, using this site you have the ability to express your concern about how the Trust is run,what it has achieved and where it is going. What would lend your concerns more weight is you expressing what you think the Trust's aims and objectives should be and how you think they should be achieved.
You can do this by attending the meeting where your questions will be answered and your thoughts on the Trust's aims,objectives and leadership will be welcomed.

Just a reminder of the Trust meeting on Thursday 21st Feb,19.30 at Bayview.
Non-members can attend,join on the night and express their thoughts on the Trust's future.

Why can this no' be held at Buckhind Community?

Because it will cost you 50quid to get in.

You have my proxy vote of support NTOC

And the non attendees start excusing themselves already

Thank you but I don't know who you are. Email me with name and address please.

Just emailed you.

Proxy Roxy
And the non attendees start excusing themselves already

That's why you have proxy voting, for those that can't attend.

A final reminder for the meeting tomorrow night at 19.30.
The bar will be open and Mark Reid from Supporters Direct will be attending.

Bette Noir

Proxy? What for?

Have members been informed of a vote that is to be held? Have all members been told that they can use proxy for tonight? Must have been.

trust watcher
Bette Noir

Proxy? What for?

Have members been informed of a vote that is to be held? Have all members been told that they can use proxy for tonight? Must have been.

You're a pedantic arse. All members have been notified. There is no official vote or change to rules this evening but members can pass their proxy on in lieu of any vote. This is in the constitution.

Kerriann
You're a pedantic arse. All members have been notified. There is no official vote or change to rules this evening but members can pass their proxy on in lieu of any vote. This is in the constitution.

'Arse'? NTOC isn't the only one at the Trust who knows how to turn on the charm then. Reminder: with office comes responsibilty.

Have all members been sent a copy of the constitution by post or by email? No.
Is the constitution on the EF Trust website? No (incredibly)
Were all members aware they could proxy their vote tonight? No.

trust watcher
Kerriann

'Arse'? NTOC isn't the only one at the Trust who knows how to turn on the charm then. Reminder: with office comes responsibilty.

are you making a positive contribution to East Fife or this Forum? No.

trust watcher
Kerriann

Are you an arse? YES!

trust watcher
Kerriann

What is your problem?

trust watcher
Kerriann

Check your facts.

I'm quite free to call you an arse as I'm no longer secretary or on the board. So the arse comment stands.

trust watcher
Kerriann

Could the efst website be revived? It could provide the information and answers to queries that come up regarding the trust on a regular basis.

It was started in an era of fervour when we were fighting for the survival of the club and provided a site where info on progress and future plans could be reported. however like the trust it has fallen into the doldrums which happens in many cases when the original focus of protest/action is removed.

Now may be the time instead of slagging the trust and its board/members we should be putting forward ideas and ourselves forward to serve and inject new life to find a way forward where we can help build the club to be a force it once was.

This forum is great even though some posters go a bit overboard with criticism (to put it mildly) but I think the trust's work should be more formally reported on its own website. Any queries can then be directed to the appropriate area.

I sometimes visit the website but am disappointed that I think the last item was in 2009 or 2010. If as the poster says the constitution is not on EFST it shoul be remedied but I think I have read it in the past (but I may have been directed to supporter's direct?)

Let's face it it's your trust whther or not you are a member so let's be constructive about it and get the momentum going again. I feel with the present ownership we are going to go through a critical time in the next few years with the club's very existance at stake.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE FIGHTING AMONG OURSELVES!

Kerriann this should be on Facebook as I could have just clicked on like.

pro trust
trust watcher
Kerriann

Could the efst website be revived? It could provide the information and answers to queries that come up regarding the trust on a regular basis.

It was started in an era of fervour when we were fighting for the survival of the club and provided a site where info on progress and future plans could be reported. however like the trust it has fallen into the doldrums which happens in many cases when the original focus of protest/action is removed.

Now may be the time instead of slagging the trust and its board/members we should be putting forward ideas and ourselves forward to serve and inject new life to find a way forward where we can help build the club to be a force it once was.

This forum is great even though some posters go a bit overboard with criticism (to put it mildly) but I think the trust's work should be more formally reported on its own website. Any queries can then be directed to the appropriate area.

I sometimes visit the website but am disappointed that I think the last item was in 2009 or 2010. If as the poster says the constitution is not on EFST it shoul be remedied but I think I have read it in the past (but I may have been directed to supporter's direct?)

Let's face it it's your trust whther or not you are a member so let's be constructive about it and get the momentum going again. I feel with the present ownership we are going to go through a critical time in the next few years with the club's very existance at stake.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE FIGHTING AMONG OURSELVES!

I agree. I will ask a trust board member about this!

Kerriann
trust watcher
Kerriann

Check your facts.

I'm quite free to call you an arse as I'm no longer secretary or on the board. So the arse comment stands.

Check the facts. Ok, where? Let's see the email that was sent to members about Trust board changes, or the newsletter, or the section on the Trust website that tells us this information.
Until last night the Trust has been no more than a committee for years now, making no attempt to communicate with members and then wondering why no one turned up at agms. Now the chairman has woken up after being challenged on here, but the Trust has much to do to look like more than a glorified supporters club. In other words, to have a point. Good luck, I hope the Trust succeeds. It has to.

It was a good meeting tho eh?Really good info on the clubs position and lot of unity on how we go forward. Fan ownership is a marathon no a sprint. The Supporters direct rep reminded us of the core purpose of preparing for the inevitable day the fans will need to take over from wee Sam and co.Oh and we'll get terracing on a temp basis subject to planning then it will be trust members job to mandate the efst board to argue for its retention.

trust watcher
Kerriann

Vote? I was at the meeting and must have missed it (mind you, I was late getting in)!
What was there going to be a vote for anyway?

Jim there was no vote as there were no motions put forward to vote on. If ANY member had raised an issue that required a vote then ALL members would have been informed & a vote taken. Our constitution states that a motion brought up at a meeting can be voted on as long there is a quorum present. The constitution does not require to be sent to every member but must be made available to anyone on request.
Members did raise some items for the Trust board to explore & progress will be reported in due course
Hope that helps?

It was actually a tongue-in-cheek remark.
As you know, I was late getting in as I had been taking part in a Forfar manager lookalike competition

Jim Corstorphine
It was actually a tongue-in-cheek remark.
As you know, I was late getting in as I had been taking part in a Forfar manager lookalike competition

Ha ha! That's it Jim, Dick Campbell got your vote!