Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pars facing extinction?

Breaking news on a Pars websites about the true nature of their financial difficulties. The article unveiles the web of companies involved in DAFC, and the link and fallouts with Brian Souter, David Murray and other captains of Scottish industry. You will need to zoom in on the document to read properly,

http://blackandwhitemagic.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12782389

Whats it got to do with East Fife? The stuff about the Stadia Ltd investment in Livingston may or may not lead to links with the groups who were involved with Dumbarton , Airdrie Utd and a host of other clubs that were seen as ripe for development in the halcyon days of banking and property development.

Re: Pars facing extinction?

Free speech appears to have lost out as the article has been deleted from both websites it appeared on.

I have a copy of said article. All I need is an email address. It's horrific reading if you're a Pars fan.

I'm glad I managed to read it in the short time it was up. Very worrying for the Pars if some of the many allegations in it are true.

Over on P&B, the poster writes: I have been "advised" to remove it.

I imagine the contents must have caused some concern to the clubs owners, particularly with the share issue ongoing.

It's now on Dropbox.com if you care to sign up. Search for Masterton.

Allegedly Pars fans running the websites were threatened with legal action by club officials unless the links were removed.

Not actions that inspire confidence in individuals about to make a share issue that includes supporter representation on the board.

One snippet alleges that the club took a lease for a club shop in the Kingsgate as a favour to the then "in the financial shit" David Murray, then promptly defaulted on the payments. The Kingsgate parent company is in administration and seeking to draw in as much income from debtors as possible. One option open is to seek a winding up order.

I do think the Pars fans have been a bit too nice for their own good to the numptys in charge. These guys make Derrick Broon look like a PR and financial genius.

Mosts clubs fans would have been on a sack the board campaign years ago based solely on the way they have been treated by the regime.

Hopefully the buy out consortium succeeds but as an outsider it looks like unless DAFC extracte itself from the web of failing companies it will go the same way as the Rangers Oldco.

I'd like to read that again.

Would it be possible for someone to send a copy to:

Hugh.Schwinnstucker@fbi-agent.co.uk

Fife Fan: I'm following p&b as well, but the OP's reasons for posting here work for me.

Quite . Anonymous posting has its uses when dealing with the powerful few who bully to hide the truth. Lance Armstrong refers.