Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forfar Highlights

Highlights of Saturday's game and interviews with Billy Brown and Darren Smith are now on the official site.

Mobile phone users can watch the highlights here.

Re: Forfar Highlights

Interesting interview with Billy Brown who thought we played well ! He also states that we lost a lot of poor goals (which I wouldn't disagree with !) but if that's the case why did he not try to do something about our defensive frailties during the transfer window ? With David White playing for Bo'ness on Saturday, is the Manager blaming him for goals lost in he last few games ? We have too many players who back off and back off allowing opponents to get closer to our goal. When tackles are eventually made they are either too late or too weak

I think you are right Bayviewboy, David White has been dropped because of recent performances. Big David has been at fault, it can't be denied, he has struggled. As you have said, this should have been addressed in January.
The manager's post-match comments are odd, again. I remember he said after an earlier defeat, "this is the best we've played since I came here". One win in eight games is relegation form Billy.
I wonder why we keep letting Paul Willis take free kicks? He either misses the target completely or he does not make the goalie work too hard. The manager should have recognised this long ago.
One last point. We are paying Bobby Barr five hundred pounds a week. What for? We could have got three good part-time players for that money.

Brown and Barr must go......deary me.

These two as the only assets the club has!

Have to agree with noisy on this one, what a very stupid thing to say about Barr who in my opinion is a class apart from anyone else at the club.
Also Billy Brown has just got his feet in the door and already he is being blamed for us being shite. Come on eh if half the players showed the same commitment as the manager each week then maybe we would be grinding out results each week. The players need to take a good look at themselves and get their fingers out and start repaying the fans with some effort in games before next season because I dont think Billy Brown will take their pish.

Noisy Crossbar
Brown and Barr must go......deary me.

These two as the only assets the club has!

I agree. I think Billy Brown is the right man to take us forward, he simply needs the opportunity to assemble his own team. Let's just hope it is in Division 2. It is the majority of the current players who are either not committed, not good enough or both that have got us into this hole.

'Fifer'....you dare to voice your opinion against the majority of people posting on here.
I just happen to see your point tho.
Cant disagree with your post. After all facts are facts the stats speak for themselves....end of.
Some players have not performed as well as they could have recently, They probably know who they are without me exposing them here.
Yes there have been some managerial mistakes and odd decisions.
'Some you win', see what Saturday brings, hope we get the right shape and balance in the team and they're fired up before KO.