Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
bobby linn set to sign for......

arbroath according to the daily record

Re: bobby linn set to sign for......

Don't think we made any attempt to sign him. Big mistake.

Good player but he was pish the last season he was with us. Probs come back to haunt us like big Chris Templeman!

Confirmed. Pre-Contract

He was really keen to come back to Bayview and a member of the Board was made aware of the fact and he passed the info to the Manager a couple of weeks back but no approach was made. I think he would have been a good signing for next season especially if Bobby Barr leaves at the end of the season. I really hope that Billy Brown has recognised what is required as his signings so far have not exactly been inspired with Liam Gormley and Dale Keenan spending most of the time on the bench. All the best to Bobby Linn - no doubt he'll come back to haunt us next season !

Bobby Barr has been like booby linn the last 6 games very poor

and on three times the wages. waste of money

payroll

http://pub10.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=849684916&frmid=8&msgid=1329184&cmd=show

Chelsea fan ? where are you ?

payroll

Agree I would have spent the money on defenders , Bobby is not worth the money the now. He did well when he 1st come but has been really poor since early January . If he thinks getting back to full time is going to be easy he must learn to work a lot harder . Linn will do well at Arbroath and will come back and haunt us

Heard that days ago .. Who gives a fook ...... Lets concentrate on reality.... Brechin the morrow, can see an upset... And Bobby Barr too be a HUGE influence NOT Bobby Linn.... Move On!

Cheeky 6 grand signing on fee and a brand new motor then back to sfl 6 month later, bobby linn kens!

12 should i say..

just checked the ballingry rovers site, bobby linn, john martin and craig o'reilly - 46 goals between in 10 games, not bad eh

Aye at pub league level fitba. Big deal.

Thought Bobby Linn couldnae drive.
Why would he get a motor?

Not one of you would have the balls to say this to the face of the man who won the Third Division Player of the year while wearing the famous black and gold. Cowards, despots, lowlives and probable Raith fans that you are. Hang your heads in shame the lot of you.

Lochee Fifer
Not one of you would have the balls to say this to the face of the man who won the Third Division Player of the year while wearing the famous black and gold. Cowards, despots, lowlives and probable Raith fans that you are. Hang your heads in shame the lot of you.

They are certainly not East Fife fans, that's for sure, just like most of the people who post the drivel on this forum!

Bit like yourself bawbag.

Opinion (the real one)
Bit like yourself bawbag.

Truth hurts eh?

Lochee Fifer

What qualifications do you need to be a true EastFife fan then?

Blind loyalty at all times?
No criticism of club, players, directors?
Have to agree with you at all times?

If this were true there would be about a dozen fans left. And Derrick broon would still be ruling the roost.

Chew on that my friend before spouting total drivel. Or are you just taking the piss waiting for a reaction?

Mad Man
Lochee Fifer

If this were true there would be about a dozen fans left. And Derrick broon would still be ruling the roost.

Chew on that my friend before spouting total drivel. Or are you just taking the piss waiting for a reaction?

Are you saying to qualify you need to -

Not be loyal?
Criticise the club, players & directors every chance you get?
Disagree with anybody that dares to praise the club, players & directors?

Strange way to show SUPPORT!

I know many, many people who wanted Brown out, but who didn't also slag just about every player, director and the club itself since he was ousted. Does that make them poor supporters or are you having a laugh? What is it in your perverse mind that thinks you MUST have to tell everybody on this forum (most of whom don't even know you from Adam), how much you dislike this player, that director and the general running of the club AND then try and make out you are being a good supporter and if it weren't for you and your kind, there would be next to no supporters?

I'll tell you this mate YOU are in the minority! The majority of the TRUE supporters don't even read this forum, never mind post on it.

Chew on that!

I don't think mad man is saying that at all. Everything is not as black and white as you seem to see it Opinion. We all have differing and yes, sometimes negative opinions about certain aspects and can still support the club. It's possible you know. You can support the club but disagree on policy, certain players and their performances, how things are run generally (poorly I think) but what we can all agree on, surely, is that we want a winning team on the park and the club actually achieving something. Unfortunately for season after season we are just not getting that.

Frankly this good versus bad supporter is getting tedious. I've said it before but I'll repeat: we don't need good, bad or indifferent supporters we just need a lot more supporters.

I think Opinion is just highlighting that by criticising the club etc, that it is not exactly supporting. It may in fact, contribute to the poor results as the players are only too well aware that some supporters are going to give them a hard time, therefore increasing the pressure on them. There is a clear theme on this forum, where certain people can't just say that a player didn't play well, instead they have to give the players a right good slagging off, inferring they are not trying, are crap, need to get rid of the dross, etc, etc... They then go on to target directors and (previously) managers. Bill Brown will soon get the slagging off too, wait and see. This they do almost always (not sometimes negative, almost ALWAYS negative), when they post! All the while, they hide behind the anonymity of their various usernames, which is why Lochee Fifer posted his comments.

Now, do you think that is good support? Are these comments not akin to how supporters used to criticise the other teams and their players/managers to try and annoy them and put them off, before the advent of the internet?

I don't really understand how anyone would want to defend people who are slagging off their own team. It beggars belief, to be honest? Would they do the same to their own son if he was playing, who might not be having the best of games, if they are simply giving their honest opinion? That is, to post on this forum to tell everybody else, that their son was dross, wasn't trying and should be sent packing? I think not.

Opinion
Mad Man
Lochee Fifer

Are you saying to qualify you need to -

Not be loyal?
Criticise the club, players & directors every chance you get?
Disagree with anybody that dares to praise the club, players & directors?

Strange way to show SUPPORT!

I know many, many people who wanted Brown out, but who didn't also slag just about every player, director and the club itself since he was ousted. Does that make them poor supporters or are you having a laugh? What is it in your perverse mind that thinks you MUST have to tell everybody on this forum (most of whom don't even know you from Adam), how much you dislike this player, that director and the general running of the club AND then try and make out you are being a good supporter and if it weren't for you and your kind, there would be next to no supporters?

I'll tell you this mate YOU are in the minority! The majority of the TRUE supporters don't even read this forum, never mind post on it.

Chew on that!

lol
you are a clown.

seconded

Thirded