Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Warriors V East Fife Match Report

Now on website.

Re: Warriors V East Fife Match Report

You and the board have now got to be questioned Eugene. This is not acceptable. Since you bulleted John Robertson we have went downhill. Poor management acquistitions who have kept same average players and got rid of players that shoudn't have left. Board have to be accountable

I'm always happy to deal with questions.

My contact details are clearly available on this website but I'll repeat them:

efstpress@hotmail.co.uk or 0779 088 1760

No Eugene. You are the one of the board who comes on the forum so state your position on this and not on telephone or email. I have heard from past and present players you are the one who is the go between but ends up a snake so lets have this discussion out formally. Did you approach BB or did he come looking for a job? Did you sack Robbo when he was clearly our most successful recent manager? Why are some of the current squad here under countless manager still here when they aren't good enoug ie Campbell, Muir, Johnstone to name but three

No worries. One game doesn't make things alright...oh yeah we got beat again. So just because Div played well then that is ok then??? Stevie Campbell has been an imposter. Ask what happened today? Feeling amongst the boys was that he shat it from playing against Dempster. Oh yes and some boys aint happy especially as he was then miraculously ok to go on their team night out in Edinburgh. Stoney? What has he done this season? Answer that also? Nowt

True Fifer
No Eugene. You are the one of the board who comes on the forum so state your position on this and not on telephone or email. I have heard from past and present players you are the one who is the go between but ends up a snake so lets have this discussion out formally. Did you approach BB or did he come looking for a job? Did you sack Robbo when he was clearly our most successful recent manager? Why are some of the current squad here under countless manager still here when they aren't good enoug ie Campbell, Muir, Johnstone to name but three

These questions are only your opinion and what does it matter how BB became our manager?? You coudn't have been at the game today, because Div had a good game and clearly was good enough. I think you will find that Steve Campbell is well regarded by most supporters and Stoney is also. So my friend, your questions don't hold water, because they are only about your opinion. My opinion is, that I do not agree with your assessment of these players, so if Eugene was to come along and answer yours by saying, okay we will get rid of them, then I will write to him and ask for answers to why he is getting rid of three good players.

Countless managers? I would have thought you could definitely count up to ten, but obviously not, because not even Div has played for as many as ten, so where is it between one and ten you start to struggle with the counting?

True Fifer
No worries. One game doesn't make things alright...oh yeah we got beat again. So just because Div played well then that is ok then??? Stevie Campbell has been an imposter. Ask what happened today? Feeling amongst the boys was that he shat it from playing against Dempster. Oh yes and some boys aint happy especially as he was then miraculously ok to go on their team night out in Edinburgh. Stoney? What has he done this season? Answer that also? Nowt

Only your opinion mate, don't you get it? Only my opinion too, so how is Eugene going to deal with that?

Well muppet...he and the others on the board appoint the managers. Hellooooo!!!!!! Reply when you aint on the drink and when you are thinking on a clear head. HIYA EUGENES PAL

True Fifer
Well muppet...he and the others on the board appoint the managers. Hellooooo!!!!!! Reply when you aint on the drink and when you are thinking on a clear head. HIYA EUGENES PAL

You think that the associate director Eugene gets to pick managers? Think again son and btw, at least I am old enough to have a drink (if I were drinking), unlike yourself (and probably are drinking right now).

True Fifer my Arse!
True Fifer

You think that the associate director Eugene gets to pick managers? Think again son and btw, at least I am old enough to have a drink (if I were drinking), unlike yourself (and probably are drinking right now).

Grow up son...older than you. He is a board member so of course he has a say. HIYA EUGENES PAL

It'd be dead funny if true fifer and true fifer my arse were really the same person.Its happened before on here ye ken.

Phil the geek
It'd be dead funny if true fifer and true fifer my arse were really the same person.Its happened before on here ye ken.

Hhaha trust me I we aint , I would be embarrassed to be related but it sums this forum up that it has happened in the past. My name is George Douglas. I am 53. Is there anyone is "True Fifer my arse" gona reveal his name or he gona hind behind his countless other names on this. We are on a downward spiral and the board incluign Eugene are doig much to help us

Pull the plug on this.....

Just read through through this pathetic drunken exchange. For the record:

1) No one was disappointed (even including the stay away critics who frequent here) when Billy Brown was appointed. He was a real coup for the club and that remains so. Brown is an asset and I'm confident that he will keep us up. Of course next season no doubt we will see all the stay away "supporters" at Bayview when Rangers visit. Yep...no doubt even SPF will come out of his layer then!!!

2) Eugene gives lots of time voluntarily for the club and is always approachable. His contact details are there for all to see. However if you expect him to enter into a dialogue on this forum, then you really are being naive. That really wouldnt be very "professional" would it?

I'll only leave my layer to attend the The Rangers game if we don't get relegated obviously, and I've got a season ticket again (back attending all the games).

St Pauli Fifer
I'll only leave my layer to attend the The Rangers game if we don't get relegated obviously, and I've got a season ticket again (back attending all the games).

So are you saying that if East Fife dont get relegated, you will be buying a season ticket for next year? Can we have this on record

No, read it again.

I'll only be at the Sevco games if we're not relegated (as, they'd pass us on the way up) AND, I've got a season ticket next season.

The chances of getting a season ticket are very slim. Once I start missing Bayview, i'll get a season ticket. I'm actually amazed at how easy it is to get out of the habit, how much money you save and just how much less stress/ruined Saturday nights/sore throats you get when you're so emotionally involved.

St Pauli Fifer
No, read it again.

I'll only be at the Sevco games if we're not relegated (as, they'd pass us on the way up) AND, I've got a season ticket next season.

The chances of getting a season ticket are very slim. Once I start missing Bayview, i'll get a season ticket. I'm actually amazed at how easy it is to get out of the habit, how much money youyou save and just how much less stress/ruined Saturday nights/sore throats you get when you're so emotionally involved.

Please stop posting and commenting on East Fife when you openly admit you dont attend games. Please leave us fans alone that go to games free to comment you clown

Someone else brought me into this thread for some reason.

SPF - with so much input on East Fife,their missing owner,their lack of vision,the roll of the trust,stadium,strips etc i take it you'll be attending the upcoming trust meeting?
This is your chance to have your say or will you just sit back, post your moans on here and fast become a joke figure on AFTN?

Hiya ?-?,

The Trust roll ?

Why would you take it I'd go to the Trust meeting ? I don't go to games anymore. It won't make a difference to the strip/owner/stadium if I'm there or not.

True Fifer
St Pauli Fifer
No, read it again.

The chances of getting a season ticket are very slim. Once I start missing Bayview, i'll get a season ticket. I'm actually amazed at how easy it is to get out of the habit, how much money youyou save and just how much less stress/ruined Saturday nights/sore throats you get when you're so emotionally involved.

Please stop posting and commenting on East Fife when you openly admit you dont attend games. Please leave us fans alone that go to games free to comment you clown

Give it a rest. If only folks who went to matches were allowed to comment there wouldn't be many comments and make for pretty dull fare. You may not agree with SPF's comments but they get people into a discussion or in people who lack the ability to discuss things rationally, a slanging match. If people didn't care they wouldn't make the effort to post and if people insist in bringing his name into every other thread then of course he has a right to reply. What is it this obsession with SPF by some people anyway?

We should be taking steps to get more people back to watching rather than dishing out hostility and providing more excuses not to go to games (as if more were needed).

Because True Fifer aka George aged 53 is obviously quite "thick" and ?-? is most definitely obsessed

"If people didn't care they wouldn't make the effort to post."

A good point Mad Man and something I always try to bear in mind even though the ideas that are expressed sometimes aren't what I'd like to read.

Eugene Clarke
"If people didn't care they wouldn't make the effort to post."

A good point Mad Man and something I always try to bear in mind even though the ideas that are expressed sometimes aren't what I'd like to read.

A good point maybe Eugene, but unfortunately, some don't care enough to get along to Bayview to support the team as well.