Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Deleted Posts

I've deleted a post from 'True Fifer' today, and also a response to it only so as to remove the quote of the original post.

I've not, at this stage, banned the poster but any repeat and I will. This may be a mistake and I may regret not banning straight away.

I'm also still considering whether to remove posts where posters tell each other to f*** off. It's not pretty, is it?

Re: Deleted Posts

F*** Off.

Well, I didn't see that coming (ahem)!

I'll cross them over, you head them in. Now, if only we could get Barr and McManus doing the same thing.

Barr has been shocking the last 6 weeks and doesn't warrant Paying him full time wages. McManus played well yesterday on his own ,but still no service from our wide men. I thought the defence was a lot better with muir but you lose the dig in the middle of the park when you take him out

KotS
I've deleted a post from 'True Fifer' today, and also a response to it only so as to remove the quote of the original post.

I've not, at this stage, banned the poster but any repeat and I will. This may be a mistake and I may regret not banning straight away.

I'm also still considering whether to remove posts where posters tell each other to f*** off. It's not pretty, is it?

What did I say that was wrong? Truth hurt with someone?

True Fifer
KotS

What did I say that was wrong? Truth hurt with someone?

Your post came under what I'd call personal abuse, particularly considering the tone with which it was delivered.

I'd actually hoped you'd come on here and sheepishly apologise for your posts and attitude over Saturday night, say you'd had a few bevvies and got carried away. Contrary to that, I take it you stand by these posts including the one which was deleted. That's disappointing, in my view, but each to their own.

Get a set of ball and chill. You delete posts that you feel are not suitable only dampens what is already a crumbling forum. I for one would not use the word F*** OFF but hey I hear far worse every day of life on our high streets. Now stop being a twat and leave ALL posts live for all to review.

I don't get how we seem to argue with each other on this forum as we come on here to discuess about football and east fife, we should be supporting the team more I would say not bitch if someone argees with his or hers status.

Grow up and support east fife.
Ps to make this forum better just do what other clubs forums do and make them have account on here so they can leave the real guys to comment than someone to post with different names its the only way to stop bringing this forum down.

Unconcerned
Get a set of ball and chill. You delete posts that you feel are not suitable only dampens what is already a crumbling forum. I for one would not use the word F*** OFF but hey I hear far worse every day of life on our high streets. Now stop being a twat and leave ALL posts live for all to review.

Lol - believe me, I could scarcely be more chilled out about it. However, I've been asked to encourage posters to stick to the forum guidelines and those guidelines ask us to "respect your fellow fans and posters."

I happen to agree with that principle but respect your right to defend the use of personal abuse as you have done. I'm not telling you what to think. Clearly, you feel strongly enough about this after all, to make what appears to be your first ever contribution to our 'crumbling forum'. Welcome aboard anyway.

He/she is probably a member of the Trust board. Cynical,egotistic and does nothing about terracing.

LOL, "respect your fellow fans and posters." What about the players who turn up and represent our team week on week? Nothing but abuse on a weekly basis, respect forum my arse. How many INDIVIDUAL posters have made an effort to post since the start of this year? Look back at the same period last year and the fact will tell you this forum is a “crumbling forum” The AFTN forum has always been interesting to say the least only because of the open banter and opinions. Do we not have the same banter at the games?
If you feel I should also be banned for my views? well I will get over it

Unconcerned
LOL, "respect your fellow fans and posters." What about the players who turn up and represent our team week on week? Nothing but abuse on a weekly basis, respect forum my arse. How many INDIVIDUAL posters have made an effort to post since the start of this year? Look back at the same period last year and the fact will tell you this forum is a “crumbling forum” The AFTN forum has always been interesting to say the least only because of the open banter and opinions. Do we not have the same banter at the games?
If you feel I should also be banned for my views? well I will get over it

cheers.

Seems some get to say what they want and get away with it and other don't. Others get to post comments about the team when they don't attend games. Freedom of speech but as I said some get away with it!!!

No problem. Never been into clinging to the hip crowd. Big clique now on the AFTN and if your views do not fit you are doomed. Always felt GOF had a good view on a balanced forum but unfortunately he has left the control with!!!!!!

Unconcerned
No problem. Never been into clinging to the hip crowd. Big clique now on the AFTN and if your views do not fit you are doomed. Always felt GOF had a good view on a balanced forum but unfortunately he has left the control with!!!!!!

GoF check s all the posts too and is probably responsible for more bannings over the last 7 years than KotS is. I run everything I do past GoF just incase. The forum rules haven't changed, the tolerance and attitude of certain posters has tho!

I think i may have touched a nerve here? However, we shall move on and let this post come to rest. Unless someone wishes to have the last word!

Sorry but I could not resist, quote from the post “Meeting” Kerriann Feb 21, 2013 - 8:41PM

“You're a pedantic arse”

From the same person who deleted a post because of a rule "respect your fellow fans and posters." You could not make it up, BRILLIANT

I'll have the last word if that's ok.

And that word is "yawn".

Unconcerned
Sorry but I could not resist, quote from the post “Meeting” Kerriann Feb 21, 2013 - 8:41PM

“You're a pedantic arse”

From the same person who deleted a post because of a rule "respect your fellow fans and posters." You could not make it up, BRILLIANT

I show respect. It could have been much worse. The post I deleted was prob alot worse.

If you're into being picky, go see how much is not deleted by mods.