Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Disgrace!

Not long back from Brechin. It was an absolute disgrace that the match was not called off until 2pm. If it wasnt playable at 2pm, then it certainly wasnt playable at 10am.

Brechin were saying that they felt that the match could have been played and the pitch had improved since their Tuesday night game. They were stating that it was Billy Brown who was pressurising the referee not to play the game. They were also cheekily stating that this might had something to do with East Fife's injuries!!

Having had a look at the pitch myself, it was definitely not playable. Really poor show by Brechin all round and I hope we stuff them when we have to play them in the rearranged match.

Re: Disgrace!

hey guys im a brechin fan and i totaly agree with you the pitch should have been inspected this morning not an hour before the match its left alot of unhappy people think the groundsman needs tae pull his finger out and do something about it.

No way was that pitch playable. I see theres photos on the official web site. Have a look for yourselves. Absolute disgrace and I spoke to somebody at the ground who says he saw the ref on the pitch and the ref tried bouncing a ball and it just stuck in the mud. Lots of people well out of pocket. THANKS A LOT BRECHIN. Waste of money and a waste of a saturday.

Boycott the re-arranged match? Just to let Brechin know what it feels like to be out of pocket?

It was poor not to have an earlier pitch inspection by Brechin City but don't forget that Dumbarton fans have been the victims of late call offs in recent years at Bayview. What is really disappointing is the suggestion from some quarters that East Fife were somehow to blame for the postponement.

Lochee Fifer
It was poor not to have an earlier pitch inspection by Brechin City but don't forget that Dumbarton fans have been the victims of late call offs in recent years at Bayview. What is really disappointing is the suggestion from some quarters that East Fife were somehow to blame for the postponement.

QUOTE FROM BRECHIN FAN ON PIE AND BOVRIL:

The rumour in the town is that the East Fife players did not want to play and EF influenced the referee. Is this true? if so the disregard for the fans would appear to lie at the EF door!

Totally untrue, Jimbob. The Brechin directors were trying to tell us outside the ground that the pitch was playable - but it was so obvious that they realised they'd f*cked up and were trying to blame everyone but themselves. Have a look at the photos on the official web site - if that pitch is playable then I'm a Dutchman!

For those that travelled today I am gutted for you, nothing worse. This is typical of certain clubs who pretend to be proffesional and responsible in their approach. I think back to earlier this winter when we called off a game against Stranrear at home. The club called it off the day before and actually on the day the game could have been played. However the club did make the correct decision. Putting it's customers and partners before greed. Oh and by the way I can't stand Brechin, it comes from the day at old bayview before we got segregation when a Brechin supporter probably about 30 at the time full of drink with others spat on me for shouting about a tackle on one of our players. I was about 14 my brother 10!!! It did cause a small rammy as a couple of Methil's finest pensioners lept to our defence. They didn't back down ethier and ushered us away from the Fannys from Brechin and like the old boys from that era they rose above the vermin behaviour.

The pitch was unplayable as determined by the referee.It was a disgrace and Brechin players would have been mad to play on it. So why East Fife manager is being targeted is crazy. The blame and responsibility lies squarely with Brechin City management. They should be offering fans free entrance to the rearranged game or at least the cost of a supporters bus to bring East Fife fans who lost quite a bit of money travelling today. I also think there should be an investigation on why there was such a late call off

100% correct Martin,the pitch was in the same condition at 2 o clock today as it was at 10 o clock today.Brechin City failed to organise an early inspection and let their own fans and the loyal travelling fans down big time.There are plenty of photos knocking around to show how bad that pitch was!Total disgrace!

I thought brechin would of guessed their pitch was unplayable in the morning no till 2pm when the ref bounce a ball, I feel sorry for our fans that did travel yestarday to discover that they had to travel home when they arrived. The excuess that brechin have said we force to abondon the game, well the pitch was like a battlefield no fit for any sport included a game of cricket and east fife injuries? Did we no have 11 men who would of played for us.

Been to brechin twice never again and a price of fish there is expensive compared to travelling there, hope we beat them now when the rearrange game comes and they should let us in for free for their stupidly decision they have caused everyone yestarday, leaving many out of pocket and excuesses.

Trollhunter
100% correct Martin,the pitch was in the same condition at 2 o clock today as it was at 10 o clock today.Brechin City failed to organise an early inspection and let their own fans and the loyal travelling fans down big time.There are plenty of photos knocking around to show how bad that pitch was!Total disgrace!

Brechin City: Big deposit in my Grudge Bank