Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
where do we go from here

3 2 flatters us the day we were miles behind. too many players no performing no fight no passion there second goal was ridiculously easy 3rd division bound with performances like that. dont want to name individuals as it does no good but at least 5 or 6 of the starting 11 could not give a shit and it showed we have no squad no depth and worst of all no fight cannot accept players not trying that is the least you expect whatever level of football you watch

Re: where do we go from here

Down.

Once again disappointed! Not naming names either but some should be ashamed of their effort today; unacceptable! Agree with most of what the first poster stated but i would add, we were brutal up until the last 10 mins. The young lads when brought on added a bit passion, spirit and drive that was sadly missing from some of the experienced players... Sad days and I find it hard to see any get out of jail free card apart from replacing a few faces but that ain't going to happen. A starting point though let Liam Gourmley start for feck sake!

Positive news - Stranraer lost by one more goal than us. We have improved our position today.

In yer face Jocky!

What can I say apart from on this showing,we are going down.Leaking too many soft,easy goals.

The midfield consists of four and three of them luxury players who do not put the tackles in.Smith seems to be the only real midfielder who gets stuck in.Its a pity div and stoney (our better players) are at the back as they would give us a bit dig in midfield and a goal threat.As for our fulltime player he should try and get stuck instead of having a bit of a laugh with his mates in the other team.Why does liam gormley not start a game he appears to do more in ten minutes than others do in the whole game ?.Small squad to many players playing who expect to play and do not put the effort in.Has the manager ever seen our other keeper play in a competitive league game?

Mad Man
Positive news - Stranraer lost by one more goal than us. We have improved our position today.

In yer face Jocky!

I can't believe you are rejoicing in our defeat today? You were probably hoping for that, just to get one over on your mate Jocky, I suppose? Shame that.

Same old, same old,no player presses the ball,opposition all the time in the world to drive a bus through the middle of the park.All we do is back of them and make the opposition look like world beaters.Have to agree some players commitment and effort has to be questioned.Antell didnt look to clever with the 3rd goal,but he made some great stops.Mcbride had a decent game.Samuel and barr never did a thing the whole game.Agree that gormley deserves a chance as the same as the forfar game,he did more in 10 minutes than some of his team mates did in 90.Queens have destroyed some teams in this league,so it wasnt a surprise to get beat today.Boy clark up front looks to have a big future.Having said that they didnt look to clever at the back and better teams would punish them.

Queens looked lighyears ahead of us in the first 15 minutes but I thought that, once our players almost got up to their pace, we did ok.
Saying that they may have taken their foot off the gas a bit.
Samuel didn't offer very much at all and Barr hasn't been the same player for the past month or so.
Thought Stoney, Muir and McManus did ok.
I like McCormack as a player but I just wish he'd dominate things more.
I think he's capable of being a much bigger player for us than he is just now.

We need that wee bit luck then I reckon we'll kick on.

Yes, QOS were the better side, but I thought we started to play a wee bit better when Gormley and Keenan came on and we could well have sneaked a point if luck had been on our side.
Still ten games to go. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

What a great QOS support today but when i went to the bar before the game i was told there was no beer on tap - just lager and cider. Was also told that a devilery of caledonian best was agreed by someone on the board to deliver after 4pm on friday - but the office closes at 4pm that day.Surely he must know the times!How much money did we lose? High street not to far for people to go when the club were advised they were arriving at 12:00. A couple of platter of sandwiches were given out which was a nice gesture but surely a bad bit of PR.

Couldnt make the game today but its great to read on the P+B website that your keeper is making some great saves to continally give the team a chance to stay in the game.
Ive watched numerous games this season and if it wasnt for him the score line would have been really embarressing !
I even watched the recent friendly against lynlithgow where we lost 3 nil, perhaps if he had played in that game the score line wouldnt have been so bad, who played in goals that night ?

Well Andy he looks like he needs to be more decisive if hes going come of his line or stay on it or even pick it up and commit to that.Its alright doing wonder saves but you should concentrate on getting the basics right

Something that was written earlier, too many fans on here have never played the game but are too quick to crititise !

. Brilliant back post corner that took the keeper completely out of the equation and gave Durnan the advantage over his marker. To suggest it was a goalkeeping error is ludicrous

Next Saturday is fucking MASSIVE. We need to stop this negative pish and get right behind the team. We are in a head to head relegation fight with Stranraer with ten games left and everyone needs to roll their sleeves up and get on with it. This includes the supporters as well as the players and management.

fifer
Next Saturday is fucking MASSIVE. We need to stop this negative pish and get right behind the team. We are in a head to head relegation fight with Stranraer with ten games left and everyone needs to roll their sleeves up and get on with it. This includes the supporters as well as the players and management.

Many simply don't care anymore and who can blame them (apart from Jocky).
Better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than waste 13 quid getting depressed watching that gutless shite.

fan no more
fifer

Many simply don't care anymore and who can blame them (apart from Jocky).
Better things to do on a Saturday afternoon than waste 13 quid getting depressed watching that gutless shite.

That is depressing

But true

Sadly true I agree.
I gave up 6 games ago and won't be back. 37 years of following that club is enough for me.
3rd division is where we belong and we have a board that are quite happy to fester in the bottom tier.
Sorry, not for me.

fan no more
Sadly true I agree.
I gave up 6 games ago and won't be back. 37 years of following that club is enough for me.
3rd division is where we belong and we have a board that are quite happy to fester in the bottom tier.
Sorry, not for me.

Well I tried.

fifer
fan no more
Sadly true I agree.
Sorry, not for me.

Well I tried.

Lol you did.
Fair play to the ones that still go. They are very tolerant.

kceffc
3 2 flatters us the day we were miles behind. too many players no performing no fight no passion there second goal was ridiculously easy 3rd division bound with performances like that. dont want to name individuals as it does no good but at least 5 or 6 of the starting 11 could not give a shit and it showed we have no squad no depth and worst of all no fight cannot accept players not trying that is the least you expect whatever level of football you watch

The exact reason why crowds are terrible and many people including myself no longer attend. £13 to watch that? No thanks.

Yes Calum Antell had some fabulous saves, the ones from Clark & Young being the pick of the bunch but the damage was done by then!
As soon as Whitey was taken out by the long ball for the first goal I looked at the keeper's positioning & my first thought was that he had to get back on his line, he didn't & made it easy for Reilly to decide what to do. Maybe the lob was perfection but every goalkeeper is coached now to throw their hands at everything even if they think they are beaten as they might just get lucky, Calum's arms never left his side!
The third again I would dispute the fact that it was a great corner, jees the guy headed it in from a yard out! At the other end Bo Selecta would have just plucked that out of the air & set up a Queen's attack with his fantastic distribution.
We didn't lose because of goalkeeping mistakes, I genuinely think we made them angry by scoring then they upped their game (which they could have done at any time imo) went two in front & thought the game was over. They are streets ahead of not only us but every other team in the league but their defence looked dodgy in the last 10 minutes when Gromley & Jamieson came on.
Maybe if Willis' shot had gone in instead of hitting the bar it might have made a difference.
Not too despondent about the result genuinely didnt expect anything from this one but now we will see just who has the balls for the fight in the next 10 games

Barr,Samuel ,Willis,McBride all look like they don't want to be here. We should have done better when we scored at1-1 but same old same old. Barr should be dropped he walks round the park thinking he is the man but does he haw. He is another bobby linn ,when was the time he had a good game? Samuel is not fit and looks low on confidence and can't run. Willis another player who thinks he is too good for this league. McBride has been great at set pieces but that's all , he has a great left foot but doesn't do much with it. Queens were a lot better than us and as some says better than all the other teams but they were there for the taking yesterday. Billy brown will know who he wants for next year if he stays and out of the current team I would only keep 5. We need big changes next week players who have a hunger to do well .

Sounds a fair assessment, the keeper would be the only one to know if he has a chance of reaching a ball that is lobbed over his head. Siittng in the stand doesnt show you how high the ball is , what angle the ball is travelling, im sure if he thought he had a chance of reaching it he would have tried, apparently the ball sat up just right for a perfect lob.
Again crosses are always a bone of contention, keepers usually have a split second to make a decision and if they decide to stay put its usually because they think they wont reach it or theres too much traffic arround or that the 4 defenders in front of him will actually do their job to defend the cross. Too many times the keeper gets slated for letting in a goalwhen he is left to defend a ball that has passed through the 10 out field players first. The keepers position is the hardest position on the field always open to crititism.
Keepers are always going to make mistakes just the same as everyone else in the team so they should be judged on their overall game not on one or two imperfections. I watch a hell of alot of football and when you see top top keepers making mistakes and then they are still in the team the following week its about their overall performance. If you judged every out field player on how many mistakes they make you would need a squad of over 50 to keep replacing them every week, people need to get real.

East Fife had 2 very good keepers before Calum Anteell was brought in. Why are they not given a chance? Perhaps it is in Antells contract that he plays every week regardless with no competition from the East Fife keepers. Maybe that is why he gets some of the comments that he does. When I have seen him he is slow sometime on distribution when a quick ball could of got results.

Theres never a clause in any contract that states a player plays every week. It is upto the manager who he picks on the field based on who he thinks is the best at the time.He watches them in training and games and selects accordingly.

Andy, anyone that knows me knows I am reluctant to criticise goalkeepers (especially EF ones) having tried to play there myself all-be-it at a lower level but Calum's mistakes are too frequent at the moment and his overall display was not good yesterday. Yes his shot stopping was excellent but as well as the two goals I mentioned there were 4 occasions where he had the chance to come & take the pressure off defenders by claiming through balls & calming things down. His indecision caused panic in our defence.
I dont think that Robinson is the best keeper in this league but he gives off an air of confidence (bordering on arrogance!) and when he decides to go for a ball he takes everything & everyone with him. At least 4 times he played the keeper / sweeper role perfectly & took the decision making off his defence, thats what keepers should do!
Please don't for one minute think this is a personal attack its just my assessment.

andy mann
Theres never a clause in any contract that states a player plays every week. It is upto the manager who he picks on the field based on who he thinks is the best at the time.He watches them in training and games and selects accordingly.

Hang on, that is just not true. It might not be in the contract, but unless the club honours a verbal agreement to play the player every week, the player will be withdrawn, and there won't be any others coming our way from that particular club. Some might say that would not be a bad thing.

Is it down to the lake I fear.....

I'm not questioning Antel's ability. He'll be a decent keeper in the future, but right now we need an experienced head between the sticks.

Hmmmm... who do we have that is an experienced, excellent goalkeeper? i wonder.

Colin Samuel is clearly not fit. He hasn't looked bothered in the last month. Then we have Liam Gourmley who every time he comes on looks sharp, quick and hungry.

There are some questionable decisions being made and its costing us.

Think Andy Mann is eiter a relative of Antell or his agent.Simple fact of the matter is that East Fife`s goalkeeper is sitting on the bench the victim of some dubious loan arrangement with Hibs,and East Fife`s goalkeeper is better than the young Hibs goalkeeper.Where our club benefits I fail to see!

We have to have a full squad of signed East Fife players in the future, NO MORE LOANEES. We need guys that are committed to the club and allowing players from SPL clubs to come here and take the piss should no longer be an option. If these guys were any good in the first place they should be fighting for their place at their own club, not ours. If they are not good enough to do that they should not be good enough for East Fife.

S-Pat

a yayayaya ya

a ya yayayaya ya

Remaining fixtures.

Arbroath (H)
Albion Rovers (A)
Stranraer (H)
Ayr (A)
Brechin (A)
Forfar (A)
Stenhousemuir (H)
Alloa (H)
QOS (A)
Brechin (H)

Arbroath (H) - 1 point
Albion Rovers(A)- 1 point
Stranraer (H)- 3 points
Ayr (A) - 0 points
Brechin (A)- 0 points
Forfar (A) - 0 points
Stenhousemuir (H) 1 point
Alloa (H) - 0 points
QOS (A) - 0 points
Brechin (H) 1 point

In all seriousness.. we are fucked.

Keteoj
Arbroath (H) - 1 point
Stranraer (H)- 3 points
Ayr (A) - 0 points
Brechin (A)- 0 points
Forfar (A) - 0 points
Alloa (H) - 0 points
QOS (A) - 0 points
Brechin (H) 1 point

Would you mind doing my fixed odds this weekend neebs?

Keteoj
Arbroath (H) - 1 point
Stranraer (H)- 3 points
Ayr (A) - 0 points
Brechin (A)- 0 points
Forfar (A) - 0 points
Alloa (H) - 0 points
QOS (A) - 0 points
Brechin (H) 1 point

In all seriousness.. If we only take 7pts from the last 10games our biggest threat will be Albion Rovers for outright relegation, never mind the playoffs!

If league reconstruction doesn't happen and we go down that will be unforgivable in my book. 4 huge games against Newco and we`re not at the party.
Shame on those responsible for allowing this club to plummet to such depths.

An absolute shambles.

Naughty Nick
S-Pat

a yayayaya ya

a ya yayayaya ya

Ring ring

gladstone fifer
Keteoj
Arbroath (H) - 1 point
Stranraer (H)- 3 points
Ayr (A) - 0 points
Brechin (A)- 0 points
Forfar (A) - 0 points
Alloa (H) - 0 points
QOS (A) - 0 points
Brechin (H) 1 point

In all seriousness.. If we only take 7pts from the last 10games our biggest threat will be Albion Rovers for outright relegation, never mind the playoffs!

I think the next 3 games are crucial. These look the easiest of the last ten and if we don't take a minimum of 7 points from those then you're right, we're in big trouble. Or fucked as you say.

Mad Man
gladstone fifer
Keteoj
Arbroath (H) - 1 point
Stranraer (H)- 3 points
Ayr (A) - 0 points
Brechin (A)- 0 points
Forfar (A) - 0 points
Alloa (H) - 0 points
QOS (A) - 0 points
Brechin (H) 1 point

I think the next 3 games are crucial. These look the easiest of the last ten and if we don't take a minimum of 7 points from those then you're right, we're in big trouble. Or fucked as you say.

Ah'm saying nothing, cos if I don't, we might have one more supporter at least cheering the team on to win this week and no hoping they get beat, jist to get one over on me = Mad Man!

So I'd want the team I've watched and supported for 45 years to lose just to get one over you? You're not that important in my life Jocky!

But why stop there? Not only do I want East Fife to lose on Saturday, I want them relegated and finish bottom of the entire Scottish league next season too. For good measure how about that I want them to go out of existence too? That would be the business because it would mean that I, SPF and others had been right all along about how useless we've been for 25 years.

My team would not exist but at least I'd have the comfort in my old age of having got one over you.

So what is this supposed to mean then??

In yer face Jocky!

Keteoj
Arbroath (H) - 1 point
Stranraer (H)- 3 points
Ayr (A) - 0 points
Brechin (A)- 0 points
Forfar (A) - 0 points
Alloa (H) - 0 points
QOS (A) - 0 points
Brechin (H) 1 point

You can change Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir to 3 points.

Jonathan
Keteoj
Arbroath (H) - 1 point
Stranraer (H)- 3 points
Ayr (A) - 0 points
Brechin (A)- 0 points
Forfar (A) - 0 points
Alloa (H) - 0 points
QOS (A) - 0 points
Brechin (H) 1 point

You can change Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir to 3 points.

I hope you're right but isn't much evidence to suggest that we are capable of taking any more than 1 point from these games. In any case I think we need to win half of those games to avoid 2nd bottom and I just can't see where these would come from.

Jocky

In yer face Jocky!

I believe he was quite obviously having a dig at you, as you (being on the board of directors, are trying to keep the Club ticking over for Rankine via Sid, and are desperate for folk to pay in to games regardless of how low we continue to sink) hate the constant, to-be-expected, negativity and he thought he'd put a sarccy 'positive' slant on the current (familiar) EFFC predicament, just for you - maybe beat you to it.

He might correct me, though.

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

In yer face Jocky!

I believe he was quite obviously having a dig at you, as you (being on the board of directors, are trying to keep the Club ticking over for Rankine via Sid, and are desperate for folk to pay in to games regardless of how low we continue to sink) hate the constant, to-be-expected, negativity and he thought he'd put a sarccy 'positive' slant on the current (familiar) EFFC predicament, just for you - maybe beat you to it.

SPF, nothing could be further from the truth, me being a director. Why do you find it so hard to believe that some of us just want to support East Fife? If someone else is having a go at East Fife, then I will defend East Fife. That is the plain fact of the matter, so forget about all this crap that is in your mind. I don't think you are a stupid guy SPF, but by keeping on about this director rubbish, is sorely putting my judgement of you into serious doubt. I mean, what is that p!sh you have just posted, all about??

Likewise the players, you surely agree that some of the players are unjustly vilified by quite frankly, bampots. To say that this player, or that player was not trying or not caring is absolute rubbish and the people who come onto to this site saying it, are obviously very stupid and infantile, the mere fact that they can come out with such rubbish proves it. So, I will defend the players and will say what I think about the tubes who post such drivel.

I played football in my youth and one thing that I believe all footballers do, is play for themselves, their own pride. The reason being that if they are doing that, they must be trying to impress and trying hard to play as good as they can, which in turn can only be good for the team as a whole. If you know anything about football, or any sport for that matter, you would surely also agree that players do go off the boil, no matter how hard they are trying. Okay, maybe they need rested, what they don't need, is to hear or read crap saying that they are sh!te, a disgrace, not interested, worst player ever to wear an East Fife jersey etc... no wonder some of them may react to that! So again, I will stick up for them 100% against the bams!

PS - Did you know that the title of this post "Where do we go from here?" was also the title of a song written by Peter Cetera of the group Chicago and on their second album? Ah've been whistling and singing it fur days noo, cannae get it oot ma heid!!

EAST FIFE.... its a hard habit to break

Jocky
SPF, nothing could be further from the truth, me being a director. Why do you find it so hard to believe that some of us just want to support East Fife?

Because you are a proven liar, as you showed us on Friday night.

Unfortunately it is not too hard to break the habit. I used to be ardent but over the last couple of season the love and enjoyment have been eroded. I'd love to get my fife mojo back but currently find it too easy to find 'better' things to do on a weekend. Hope we can go on a run and get some punters back through the gates.

my name is joe
Jocky
SPF, nothing could be further from the truth, me being a director. Why do you find it so hard to believe that some of us just want to support East Fife?

Because you are a proven liar, as you showed us on Friday night.

And you my friend are a lowlife!

Jocky, great post. You're my Inspiration

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

In yer face Jocky!

SPF, nothing could be further from the truth, me being a director.

You are a director. Stop being dishonest. Just like you were being dishonest about posting as Jocky from your PC - and then denying it. More importantly, stop backing Sid/Rankine, given your position as a director (and a fan).

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

In yer face Jocky!

SPF, nothing could be further from the truth, me being a director.

You are a director. Stop being dishonest. Just like you were being dishonest about posting as Jocky from your PC - and then denying it. More importantly, stop backing Sid/Rankine, given your position as a director (and a fan).

You have definitely lost the plot mate! You are stupid after all! I did NOT post as Jocky on the said post! I am NOT a director! Out of curiousity, which one do you think I am?

I think I am getting your plan of attack actually. Trying to discredit me serves your vendetta against the current board methinks?

So you're calling a moderator of this forum a liar? He is lying when he said you posted as Jocky in the third person from the same computer?

You are a liar.

Yep!

St Pauli Fifer
So you're calling a moderator of this forum a liar? He is lying when he said you posted as Jocky in the third person from the same computer?

You are a liar.

how old are you 10??

honestly,you say the same things on here all the time,you really are a boring twat SPF

Mucky Sock
A starting point though let Liam Gourmley start for feck sake!

agree with Jamieson too with height PLEASE!!
they both looked good against Albion and both click as a pair....Cmon.
Theres no height going forward and look at Templeman for Forfar....?

Jocky, refuse to get into a slanging match, agree with your post entirely.

Easy to find fault with any team or individual players. Just hope the heads don't go down.
Agree with BBs comments re performances of late (EFTV interview). He is the first to say when not happy with performance and effort.

Div no happy and commented the players were gutted after QOTS game. Who are BTW a full time outfit flying at top of league. Hope Arbroath get the backlash on Saturday.

Its fair to say that most of the people that applauded the team off the park after the game prob don't post on here. Effort could not be questioned on Saturday.

Only my opinion tho.

Thank you PENPAL. I think it may also be fair to say, that most of the people who post on here don't actually go to watch East Fife at all, therefore blissfully unaware that the team were applauded off the park on Saturday.

Jocky
Thank you PENPAL. I think it may also be fair to say, that most of the people who post on here don't actually go to watch East Fife at all, therefore blissfully unaware that the team were applauded off the park on Saturday.

Applauded by how many people, do you think? Up to 20? Or even 25? The vast majority of fans were leaving (or had left), unhappy, while the rump of loyalists saluted too many players who do not care if East Fife stay up or go down, because they won't be East Fife players next season.

Did they deserve to get applauded off the park.Is football not all about results.Better a winning team than glorious losers.Should we not start up an u19 team so we can dripfeed some young talent into the first team or even give some of the regular subs a game.

Penpal
Effort could not be questioned on Saturday.

It couldn't be questioned if you are always prepared to settle for less, believe that East Fife are a Third Division team, and you don't like asking any questions because you don't want to ever be critical. Or you have never seen an East Fife team play with full commitment.

fifer
Jocky

Applauded by how many people, do you think? Up to 20? Or even 25? The vast majority of fans were leaving (or had left), unhappy, while the rump of loyalists saluted too many players who do not care if East Fife stay up or go down, because they won't be East Fife players next season.

Without a doubt far more than the figures you quote mate. Even if it were only 20 - 25, that would still be at least twice the amount of bams who are posting negatively about the team on this thread! Lets be in no doubt that you guys are definitely in a massive minority! AFTN forum is NOT where the vast majority of EF supporters hang out! Also, the majority of the negative posters openly admit that they have stopped going to games, so what would they know?

fifer
Penpal
Effort could not be questioned on Saturday.

It couldn't be questioned if you are always prepared to settle for less, believe that East Fife are a Third Division team, and you don't like asking any questions because you don't want to ever be critical. Or you have never seen an East Fife team play with full commitment.

Get real pal! Ask questions? You are only posting your whinging thoughts on this forum. If asking questions, get yourself down to the supporters club meetings and ask questions. Get yourself down to Bayview and ask questions, Send an email to Eugene and ask questions. Do you do any of that? Most probably, NO! Give us an example of one of your questions?

Jocky
fifer
Jocky

Without a doubt far more than the figures you quote mate. Even if it were only 20 - 25, that would still be at least twice the amount of bams who are posting negatively about the team on this thread! Lets be in no doubt that you guys are definitely in a massive minority! AFTN forum is NOT where the vast majority of EF supporters hang out! Also, the majority of the negative posters openly admit that they have stopped going to games, so what would they know?

I've stayed out of this bickering until now, but will say we get at least 300 (usually more) unique/individual visitors a day on the forum and even separately on the website, which I haven't updated for an age. Lowest day in Feb had 309. Not a bad % considering the size of home gates and more than the 10 you seem to think use the forum.

Obviously not everyone posts or reads everything, but that's unique IPs and not people posting with more than one identity. Which all the moderators can check and see just who is exactly who and who their internet provider is and what posts are from the same computer (could be two or more people using that same computer of course). I can personally get stats going back to 2003.

Yes, a lot of these people don't go to the games anymore (like me!), but surely we should be looking at how we can get these people to come back, not criticising them for finding something else to do?

GoF
Jocky
fifer
Jocky

I've stayed out of this bickering until now, but will say we get at least 300 (usually more) unique/individual visitors a day on the forum and even separately on the website, which I haven't updated for an age. Lowest day in Feb had 309. Not a bad % considering the size of home gates and more than the 10 you seem to think use the forum.

Obviously not everyone posts or reads everything, but that's unique IPs and not people posting with more than one identity. Which all the moderators can check and see just who is exactly who and who their internet provider is and what posts are from the same computer (could be two or more people using that same computer of course). I can personally get stats going back to 2003.

Yes, a lot of these people don't go to the games anymore (like me!), but surely we should be looking at how we can get these people to come back, not criticising them for finding something else to do?

GoF, I am not cricising people for finding something else to do, but these guys are commenting on games they are not going to see, only looking at the results for the reason to give their opinions. You yourself have obviously good reason for not going to the games and can only go by the results and the comments, but a lot of the comments are by those who are not going to games, so why take any meaning out of them? They not only comment on how crap all things East Fife are, but they post a helluva lot of insulting, personal comments about the players. They haven't even seen the game, so how can they justify their comments??

I was actually meaning around 10 that are posting negatively on a continual basis. Do you believe Fifers comment that only 20 - 25 supporters applauded the team off the park on Saturday? I was there and I can say categorically, that most of the supporters were applauding the team. Tell me why you think Fifer said only 20 - 25? I can tell you actually, it is because he wants to whinge, so he is trying to justify the whinging.

The only thing that will bring these guys back to Bayview is a winning team, yet a common criticism on here is about the Old Firm glory hunters. To me they are no different from them.

Jocky
GoF
Jocky
fifer
Jocky

GoF, I am not cricising people for finding something else to do, but these guys are commenting on games they are not going to see, only looking at the results for the reason to give their opinions. You yourself have obviously good reason for not going to the games and can only go by the results and the comments, but a lot of the comments are by those who are not going to games, so why take any meaning out of them? They not only comment on how crap all things East Fife are, but they post a helluva lot of insulting, personal comments about the players. They haven't even seen the game, so how can they justify their comments??

I was actually meaning around 10 that are posting negatively on a continual basis. Do you believe Fifers comment that only 20 - 25 supporters applauded the team off the park on Saturday? I was there and I can say categorically, that most of the supporters were applauding the team. Tell me why you think Fifer said only 20 - 25? I can tell you actually, it is because he wants to whinge, so he is trying to justify the whinging.

The only thing that will bring these guys back to Bayview is a winning team, yet a common criticism on here is about the Old Firm glory hunters. To me they are no different from them.

I was at the game on Saturday as well and yes, there were supporters applauding the team off the park (maybe that had something to do with the teams late flurry in trying to get an equaliser rather than the overall performance) but it certainly didn`t look like most of the supporters were applauding to me.

You'll find that many of those criticising probably don't go to games any more. Most though admit that but are expounding upon why they don't go and are perfectly justified in using this forum as an outlet to have their say. I have wound down my attendance at games considerably over recent years due to a number of factors (some personal)but mainly because the football served up is poor, the club seems to have no direction or ambition (owning your own stadium and having a smaller debt than most do not count as success for a football club in my book) and there seems to be very little happening to alter these things.

Until there is some sign that the club is actually worth supporting then I am unlikely to be back. I truly hope that we manage to stay in this league but going to games out of blind loyalty for little or no return seems like a lousy way to spend a Saturday afternoon right now.

Yes if only our board were more like their counterparts at Stirling, Clyde, Ayr United, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Hamilton and Airdrie.

mmmmmm

Yes things could be better........but only a wee bit - bottom end of the 1st division is as high as we could ever hope for.......but keep in mind things could also be very much worse.

Try airing your grievance to a Clyde or Stirling fan and see how much sympathy you get.

Wasn't at the game so no doubt Jocky or his alter ego might have a go at me.

However, it's all fair and well raising your game agaist QOS when there is no pressure on us to win so why can't we have the same level of committment against the likes of Albion Rovers, Stranraer, Stenhousemuir and the likes? We are in free fall, what is it 1 win from 8? Unless league reconstruction saves us I really don't fancy our chances against a Queens Park or another Division 3 side.

I have only been to two games since the turn of the year and sadly I don't miss it, atleast when we were in the 3rd we had players who would give their all every game and not every now and again. If only some of our squad had the same work ethic as the likes of McDonald, Smart, Tweed, Russell and Donaldson we would be a lot better off.

Noisy Crossbar
Yes if only our board were more like their counterparts at Stirling, Clyde, Ayr United, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Hamilton and Airdrie.

mmmmmm

Yes things could be better........but only a wee bit - bottom end of the 1st division is as high as we could ever hope for.......but keep in mind things could also be very much worse.

Try airing your grievance to a Clyde or Stirling fan and see how much sympathy you get.

So you've listed a few clubs that are having financial difficulties. So what is your point with regards to East Fife? I have already said that financial stability is not a measure of footballing success as far as I'm concerned and all of those clubs, including the aforementioned Stirling and Clyde, have at least competed in Division 1 for a while and had good go at it. The fact that they are having a few problems is irrelevant to us. They are not unique in the annals of Scottish football of having suffered from years of poor management. I dare say Annan Athletic are well run and financially sound but I wouldn't want them as a role model. I think we should be achieving a hell of a lot more than that. And what is your measurement of football success for a club of East Fife's history, standing and potential anyway? Is it less than St Johnstone's? Ross County's? Morton's? Is it below Cowdenbeath's, Brechin's and Queen of the South's?

Remind me also how many seasons East Fife have competed in Division 1 in the past 15 years? How many in the past 25 years? Yes Dunfermline are in a hole as consequence of trying to compete in the SPL and spending way beyond their means but I'm not looking for us to do anything as stupid as that. They have also played the total sum of zero seasons in the bottom two divisions since reconstruction, been to the odd cup final and given their fans something to shout about over that period. And as for Falkirk, don't make me laugh. They have a cup semi-final to look forward to in a few weeks and were in the final in 2009 (as have been Ross County and QoS recently). And this from a club, like Dunfermline, we used to beat as a matter of routine in the 70's and 80's.

So yes we are in not a bad position financially wise in comparison to some others. But that matters not a jot if we are just going to be like Montrose or Berwick. And if your sights can only be the bottom of division 1 for a wee stay when a lower standing club like QoS (never mind the Highland League pair)are ten year regulars then really we should just pack it all in.

Jocky

To me, you shouldn't be posting as an everyday fan, calling lifelong fans gloryhunters (even though you may be a fan of many years, and I believe you are) when, in fact, you're more importantly a board member with an agenda to protect your personal investment in East Fife whilst shielding Sid/Rankine and their interests - and who is therefore partly to blame for East Fife's current, on-going familiar underachievement and shambles behind the scenes.

Ps, that post above is spot on.

Terracing Now!

So you've listed a few clubs that are having financial difficulties. So what is your point with regards to East Fife?

My point is that in comparison to the rest of the clubs in Scotland, East Fife are actually a well run club.

Terracing Now!

I have already said that financial stability is not a measure of footballing success as far as I'm concerned and all of those clubs, including the aforementioned Stirling and Clyde, have at least competed in Division 1 for a while and had good go at it. The fact that they are having a few problems is irrelevant to us. They are not unique in the annals of Scottish football of having suffered from years of poor management. I dare say Annan Athletic are well run and financially sound but I wouldn't want them as a role model.

I think Annan fans are pretty happy with the way their club is being run and with the way there are performing. They have realistic expectations that they are a division 3 club that may have flirtations with Division 2. Div 1 and SPL will never be on their radar. Stirling and Clyde should have Div1 on their radar and Dunfermline and Falkirk should be as established in the top flight as Kilmarnock, Inverness, Motherwell and Hibs.

Why is it relevant to us.....well it comes down to where East Fife should be aiming.

Terracing Now!

I think we should be achieving a hell of a lot more than that. And what is your measurement of football success for a club of East Fife's history, standing and potential anyway? Is it less than St Johnstone's? Ross County's? Morton's? Is it below Cowdenbeath's, Brechin's and Queen of the South's?

We are not a top 20 club - the finances of Levenmouth won't support it. Top of the rest is where we should aim for. So yes, less that StJ RC and Morton. On a Par with Cowden and Brechin and below QoS.

Terracing Now!

Remind me also how many seasons East Fife have competed in Division 1 in the past 15 years? How many in the past 25 years?

I think it was 16 years ago since we were last in the 1st division. And it wasn't fun. Totally out of our depth.

Terracing Now!

Yes Dunfermline are in a hole as consequence of trying to compete in the SPL and spending way beyond their means but I'm not looking for us to do anything as stupid as that. They have also played the total sum of zero seasons in the bottom two divisions since reconstruction, been to the odd cup final and given their fans something to shout about over that period. And as for Falkirk, don't make me laugh. They have a cup semi-final to look forward to in a few weeks and were in the final in 2009 (as have been Ross County and QoS recently). And this from a club, like Dunfermline, we used to beat as a matter of routine in the 70's and 80's.

So yes we are in not a bad position financially wise in comparison to some others. But that matters not a jot if we are just going to be like Montrose or Berwick. And if your sights can only be the bottom of division 1 for a wee stay when a lower standing club like QoS (never mind the Highland League pair)are ten year regulars then really we should just pack it all in.

I won't be packing it in. I'm happy having realistic expectations and getting great enjoyment in the odd occasion when we exceed those expectations (Last year's league cup, beating st mirren away, the 2008 title and the 2003 promotion).

Noisy Crossbar

I think Annan fans are pretty happy with the way their club is being run and with the way there are performing. They have realistic expectations that they are a division 3 club that may have flirtations with Division 2. Div 1 and SPL will never be on their radar. Stirling and Clyde should have Div1 on their radar and Dunfermline and Falkirk should be as established in the top flight as Kilmarnock, Inverness, Motherwell and Hibs.

Why is it relevant to us.....well it comes down to where East Fife should be aiming.

East Fife should be aiming for where Cowden and Dumbarton are, and the relative success the likes of Brechin have had compared to us. And if we should be aiming for that then we are so far off it, it's unreal. This is the norm every season with us.

Noisy Crossbar

We are not a top 20 club - the finances of Levenmouth won't support it. Top of the rest is where we should aim for.

Brechin and Cowden can support it, though ? That doesn't make sense. Also, we're not, or shouldn't be a bottom 14 club or worse (that we've been for years).

Noisy Crossbar

I think it was 16 years ago since we were last in the 1st division. And it wasn't fun. Totally out of our depth.

So what are you suggesting ? Cowden fans are enjoying it, so are Raith fans.

Noisy Crossbar

I won't be happy packing it in. I'm happy having realistic expectations and getting great enjoyment in the odd occasion when we exceed those expectations (Last year's league cup, beating st mirren away, the 2008 title and the 2003 promotion).

So you are happy underachieving ? You are happy lesser, smaller Clubs consistently out-do us ?

No wonder crowds are falling at Bayview.

Define under-achieving?

In the all time Scottish league table east fife are 23rd.

What reference point are you using to gauge where east fife "should" be? Where do you think we should be and why.

Yes we should be on a par with Cowdenbeath, Brechin and Dumbarton....... And taking a 10 year average we are. I don't see the evidence that smaller clubs are constantly out achieving us. Care to provide some?

The populations of Brechin and Cowdenbeath do not support a top twenty team. Are you saying that Brechin and Cowden are established 1st division teams? Really? I'll take some convincing on that. Even the most excitable of Cowden fans wouldn't class themselves as an established 1st division team given that the two occasions they've been there of late have been relegation battles.

Are raith fans enjoying life in the 1st division. I doubt it as they have expectations of come tithing for the title. Are Cowden fans enjoying it - probably if they're expectations were relegation.

Noisy Crossbar
I won't be packing it in. I'm happy having realistic expectations and getting great enjoyment in the odd occasion when we exceed those expectations (Last year's league cup, beating st mirren away, the 2008 title and the 2003 promotion).

This is what leads me to believe it is not worth supporting East Fife. The ambition of too many fans mirrors that of the board i.e. it is non-existent. Two of the occasions where you say we have exceeded expectations is when we escaped from the Third Division. Which means you think we are a Third Division club, and you are happy with that "realistic expectation". If the accepted view is that this is as good as it gets and we should all accept our lot and be grateful, I don't want to be part of it. Good luck to you, but I wish you believed your club was worth more than being the dregs of Scottish football. It wasn't before, and it doesn't need to be in the future. But it will be, if people like you get their gutless way.

supporter
Noisy Crossbar

This is what leads me to believe it is not worth supporting East Fife. The ambition of too many fans mirrors that of the board i.e. it is non-existent. Two of the occasions where you say we have exceeded expectations is when we escaped from the Third Division. Which means you think we are a Third Division club, and you are happy with that "realistic expectation". If the accepted view is that this is as good as it gets and we should all accept our lot and be grateful, I don't want to be part of it. Good luck to you, but I wish you believed your club was worth more than being the dregs of Scottish football. It wasn't before, and it doesn't need to be in the future. But it will be, if people like you get their gutless way.

Lets not make it personal - you have no idea what sort of person I am and whether I'm gutless or not.

I did not expect to win the 3rd division title the way we did. Neither did the bookies that gave me 10-1.We were outstanding that season and I enjoyed it. Did you? And they 2003 promotion - did you enjoy that or did you boo us off the pitch that day for not winning the title. You say I "think we are a 3rd division club".....no....as I stated above we should be aiming to be the best of the bottom 22..... That means being competing for the 2nd division title and fighting out the relegating battle in the 1st division. Do you think we should be aiming higher than this? Why and how?

I just don't get this sentiment that east fife should be some dominant force is Scottish football. Leven mouth has a modest population with a below average level of affluence. Our all time position of 23rd seems to be fair - no?

Noisy crossbar
I did not expect to win the 3rd division title the way we did. Neither did the bookies that gave me 10-1.We were outstanding that season and I enjoyed it. Did you? And they 2003 promotion - did you enjoy that or did you boo us off the pitch that day for not winning the title. You say I "think we are a 3rd division club".....no....as I stated above we should be aiming to be the best of the bottom 22..... That means being competing for the 2nd division title and fighting out the relegating battle in the 1st division. Do you think we should be aiming higher than this? Why and how?

You are confusing yourself here. You say that in gaining promotion in 2003 and 2008 we exceeded expectations. By definition, that means your expectation at those times was that we were not good enough to play outside the Third Division.
Did I enjoy 2008? Not really to be honest. We bought the title. I was embarrassed by how carried away people got with this. I enjoyed 2003 much more, when we had a manager who built a real team from scraps and got the best out of his players, who had to fight every inch of the way. I was proud of them. It was an opportunity for the club to start realising its potential, but ten years on we are no further forward. There has been no plan or vision, just a week-to-week, month-to-month, year-to-year existence. Same absentee owners, with no interest in asking the club to reach high.

Noisy crossbar
Define under-achieving?

Teams of arguably similar (or lesser size) of Club/history/catchment area than East Fife and their seasons spent in the 1st Division from the 90's (most, not all, who also often charge a cheaper admission price than us when in our league)

Cowdenbeath
92-93, 10-11, 12-present

Stranraer
94-95, 98-99, 05-06

Brechin
90-91, 93-94, 03-04, 05-06

Stirling Alb
91-94 (3), 96-98 (2), 07-08, 10-11

Dumbarton
92-94 (2), 95-96, 12-present

Alloa
89-90, 00-01, 02-01

Arbroath
01-03 (2)

QoS
02-12 (10)

Clyde
82-91 (9), 93-94, 00-09 (9) (for Mad Man)

at a push (granted, arguably bigger Clubs than East Fife)
Ayr
88-95 ( , 97-04 (7), 09-10, 11-12

Morton
88-94 (6), 95-01 (6), 07-present (5)

We've had one solitary season in the 1st in 96-97 and 8 seasons in the bottom tier.

The fact Montrose, Stenny, Albion Rovers, Berwick etc have done hee-haw is irrelevant as they are lesser Clubs with less fans/income/history than East Fife IMO. East Fife also has a far bigger potential (and actual) support than these teams.

Noisy crossbar
In the all time Scottish league table east fife are 23rd.

Where are we now ? Where were we in the all time table in 1990 ?

Noisy crossbar

What reference point are you using to gauge where east fife "should" be? Where do you think we should be and why.

Admission price, size of catchment area, history, crowd figures over 20 years, potential support. See answer to your first post.

Noisy crossbar
Yes we should be on a par with Cowdenbeath, Brechin and Dumbarton....... And taking a 10 year average we are. I don't see the evidence that smaller clubs are constantly out achieving us.

Again, see answer to your first post. There is no other club our size, from the size of Levenmouth and beyond, that matches our under-achievement over 20-odd years.

Noisy crossbar

The populations of Brechin and Cowdenbeath do not support a top twenty team. Are you saying that Brechin and Cowden are established 1st division teams? Really? I'll take some convincing on that. Even the most excitable of Cowden fans wouldn't class themselves as an established 1st division team given that the two occasions they've been there of late have been relegation battles.

They might not be 'established' First Division teams, but the flirt with the First Division regularly compared to us. Brechin are definitely an established 2nd Divsion team (we're not even that - we were catapulted there with money).

Noisy crossbar

Are raith fans enjoying life in the 1st division. I doubt it as they have expectations of come tithing for the title. Are Cowden fans enjoying it - probably if they're expectations were relegation.

You can't be serious with this one ? They are playing 2 Fife Derbies each, x4, in front of 4-figure crowds. Cowden beating Dunfermline, Rovers beating various teams in that league. Playing Partick Thistle, Falkirk etc. No, I'm sure they'd rather be playing Forfar/Stenhousemuir etc in the 2nd, or fighting the drop to the 3rd....

Cowden probably do expect relegation but they play good, positive football and might well stay up, I'm sure they're loving it in the First. They're giving it a damn good go at it anyway. They're 5 points off 6th.

supporter
Noisy crossbar

You are confusing yourself here. You say that in gaining promotion in 2003 and 2008 we exceeded expectations. By definition, that means your expectation at those times was that we were not good enough to play outside the Third Division.
Did I enjoy 2008? Not really to be honest. We bought the title. I was embarrassed by how carried away people got with this. I enjoyed 2003 much more, when we had a manager who built a real team from scraps and got the best out of his players, who had to fight every inch of the way. I was proud of them. It was an opportunity for the club to start realising its potential, but ten years on we are no further forward. There has been no plan or vision, just a week-to-week, month-to-month, year-to-year existence. Same absentee owners, with no interest in asking the club to reach high.

I'm mot confusing myself but I'm obviously confusing you

In 2003 I did not expect us to be competing for promotion that year......but I held the opinion that east fife should be aiming towards being one of the best part time teams in Scotland. See the subtle difference?

In 2008 (and the season before) I hoped we would be competing for promotion......but i did not expect we would be outstanding as we were. And held the same view as 5 years earlier and 5 years later that we should be one of the best part time teams in Scotland.

Hope that helps.

I am not going to get dragged into the discussion(but probably will) in case my stalker returns but there has to be a sense of proportion. We are not doing well and that has been the story for some time but GOF's statistics mask the fact that, irrespective of what you think of Jocky's views,there ARE only around 10 posters on this thread who are following the "not coming back until we are winning/better ways to spend £13/ anyone who tries to stay positive is stupid" tack.
I will continue to support when we are poor and will be depressed on a Saturday night but will also continue to do whatever I can to improve things.

Sorry SPF, you are going to have to come up with the figures regarding admission prices I'm afraid, if you are using them as part of your argument in your so, SO sad post above!

No, I don't need to. It's fact. Other than Raith, and other teams like QoS, Clyde who've come down from a prolonged stay in the higher league, who has charged more than £13 to get into a second (or third) div game ?

You tell me, which of those teams in the 'lesser or similar Clubs - seasons spent in the First' post have charged more (or even the same) as us when in the same league as us.

I'll start you;

Brechin - charge less than us (and get less crowds)
Cowden - charge less than us (and get less crowds)
Alloa - charge less than us (and get less crowds)
Stranraer - charge less than us (and get less crowds)

Cannae mind whether Stirling/Dumbarton charged as much as us when in our league

On the plus side ,if East Fife did charge less to get in ,you wouldn't save as much money staying away!

You are a right saddo SPF! Lesser/similar clubs?? Get a grip mate!

SPF..... Of course raith won't rather be playing Forfar stenny etc. But are you saying raith fans are happy this season. Not the ones I know.

And east fife aren't an established 2nd division club? Who is then? Come on.

Your data looks correct......but to make your point it needs to be complete as well and unfortunatly it lacks the seasons spent in div2 and 3 and league positions for those seasons.

Have a look at how Arbroath, Cowden, Alloa, Stranraer, and Dumbarton fair over that time against East fife then tell me if we are underachieving compared to our peers.

I'd class Brechin as being in the same pool and yes they have done better than us. Well done them.

I don't class Stirling Clyde and QoS Ayr or Morton as our peers. They are full time and come from bigger more affluent populations.

Have fun researching the data.(wee tip....do it from 95 onwards.....makes things easier post league reconstruction)

Jocky
You are a right saddo SPF! Lesser/similar clubs?? Get a grip mate!

You asked!

Now, that's all you can say ?

How was the board meeting on Monday ?

And you need help!

Noisy crossbar
SPF..... Of course raith won't rather be playing Forfar stenny etc. But are you saying raith fans are happy this season. Not the ones I know.

Your data looks correct......but to make your point it needs to be complete as well and unfortunatly it lacks the seasons spent in div2 and 3 and league positions for those seasons.

Have a look at how Arbroath, Cowden, Alloa, Stranraer, and Dumbarton fair over that time against East fife then tell me if we are underachieving compared to our peers.

I'd class Brechin as being in the same pool and yes they have done better than us. Well done them.

I don't class Stirling Clyde and QoS Ayr or Morton as our peers. They are full time and come from bigger more affluent populations.

Have fun researching the data.

I've explained that Ayr and Morton are arguably bigger Clubs, so forget them. Ok, take Clyde out too (put that in for Mad Man who reckoned they'd done worse than us over the years - they haven't).

No way I'm taking out Stirling out though. They're no bigger than us. Stirling and the surrounding area is not much bigger than Levenmouth and its surrounding area. They had an average of 644 in the 2nd div with us, ours that same season was 862.

"(wee tip....do it from 95 onwards.....makes things easier post league reconstruction)"

Why ? The second tier, was still the second tier before 95. Is it because we can't match our peers for an even longer, sustained period than you had thought ?

Noisy crossbar

Have fun researching the data.(wee tip....do it from 95 onwards.....makes things easier post league reconstruction)

raith fans i know arent happy and as for some pars fans they think the only way ahead for them is to go part-time,they're next home game is 23rd against dumbarton (wont be a big travelling support),and they're last 2 home games are against cowden and airdrie again wont be big crowds..with administration looming then might be interesting if they get deducted 10pts.

With them being millions in debt and no assets, they look in a bad way and we think we've got problems?

Jocky and NTOC arrive with contributions that just prove the point I made earlier. Acceptance of continual failure. Why support East Fife if people don't believe it can be any better than this? But we're told there is nothing finer than sitting through this dross, and we should appreciate it.
NTOC thinks that there are only ten people complaining. What a joke. The crowd on Saturday was our record for the season, at 628. It was only that 'big' because Queens brought so many supporters with them. Our average attendance this season is as low as it has been since the Brown boycott. Apart from the boycott, our average home crowd must be close to a record low. That's the problem NTOC, supporters are no longer supporting. Look at how few people are in the stand, it's right in front of your eyes, man! They don't care any more, and they don't even want to come on here to find out what's happening. They're offski, away. Lost to EFFC. Sick of watching garbage, and following a club with no hope or ambition.

Let me reply for you, save you the trouble. "I'll still be there, every Saturday, following East Fife, come on the Fife, there's nothing I'd rather do on a Saturday afternoon than be shat on from a great height, drone drone drone, the real fans keep going whatever happens, I'll still be here, boring the tits off folk, that's what it's all about supporting a football club, you accept the good times and the bad times, you're letting the side down if you don't give the puppet chairman £13 a fortnight, it's not all about winning, we'd go bust if we won five games on the bounce you know, drone drone drone, it's always been like this, we're just from a wee place, I'll still be here backing the boys, we make a difference you know, we really do, we're the twelfth man we are, stop pretending you have dropped dead while I'm talking to you, no, I mean it, please get up and applaud another defeat, well done the mighty East Fife, the famous black-and-a-tiny-bit-of-gold, I don't mind getting royaly shafted most weeks in the name of EFFC, better to take it tight than go shopping you know, not like those stay-away bad boys, they are not real fans, they don't care like us, drone drone drone, that website is awful it should be shut down, who've we got next week, Forfar I hope coz I love the bridies, that's my favourite away day, I bring two back home for the wife its a rare treat, i wish every away game was at forfar, that's what makes it special about supporting East Fife, it's not about life and death, you see your pals and eat pies, wait a minute, where has everyone gone? Ach never mind, I was going to die anyway. Still, it was fun when it lasted. We had the time of our lives, so we did. East Fife till I die, I'm East Fife till I die ... what do you mean the club's died before me?"

Goodness me! And I thought SPF was delusional?

Anyone who thinks EF have not underachieved over 20-odd years, especially with the facts (and the fact that they are caught posting from the same computer and denying it) is certainly delusional.

Delusion n.
A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.

Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness

LOL post of the season.

Top marks sir

Who is suggesting success is at hand, may I ask? Can't you see that it is you non-attendees at Bayview who are under the illusion that if you don't go to Bayview, somehow that will magically propel East Fife up the league, in which case of course, you will return to watch East Fife again, I presume?

Or could it be I am wrong and your idea of success, is to see the demise of East Fife? Mmmmm... I wonder?

Maybe I am wrong on both counts, so what exactly are you trying to achieve? It must be something, otherwise you wouldn't bother your arses posting on here, would you? So, c'mon lads, out with it??

can anyone pls honestly tell me what you all actually do on a saturday when staying away from football?
what is this " better things to do"?

i enjoy going to the football and yes i do enjoy it win, lose or draw.
i enjoyed standing in the wind and pissing rain just before christmas when we beat stenny 3-2, i enjoyed the game when we lost 0-1 to stanraer the week before, great effort just couldnt get the luck in front of goal or off the woodwork that night and probably most of all enjoyed the entertainment served up in the 2-2 draw against Brechin,great game and applauded by most who attended.
i've seen only 1 goalless draw all season and even that was a great game, so dont tell me that its a waste of £13
its not all about winning although it helps sometimes

Jocky
Who is suggesting success is at hand, may I ask? Can't you see that it is you non-attendees at Bayview who are under the illusion that if you don't go to Bayview, somehow that will magically propel East Fife up the league, in which case of course, you will return to watch East Fife again, I presume?

Or could it be I am wrong and your idea of success, is to see the demise of East Fife? Mmmmm... I wonder?

Maybe I am wrong on both counts, so what exactly are you trying to achieve? It must be something, otherwise you wouldn't bother your arses posting on here, would you? So, c'mon lads, out with it??

I'm posting to you as you're a director with an agenda and a financial interest in EF, who is culpable for the current and ongoing Collumbine/Rankine situation at the Club - and that you're dishonest on a couple of levels.

I don't think if I don't go, we'll get great. I could only see a slow sink towawrds the basement league, this or the coming seasons. I stopped going as it wasn't enjoyable and didn't look or feel like watching my (our) East Fife. It was a frustrating chore. I assume others are feeling the same way.

I'll return if and when lots of things (or even some things) change. Rankine, ground, board, ambition, communication, hope....

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

I'm posting to you as you're a director with an agenda and a financial interest in EF, who is culpable for the current and ongoing Collumbine/Rankine situation at the Club - and that you're dishonest on a couple of levels.

I don't think if I don't go, we'll get great. I could only see a slow sink towawrds the basement league, this or the coming seasons. I stopped going as it wasn't enjoyable and didn't look or feel like watching my (our) East Fife. It was a frustrating chore. I assume others are feeling the same way.

I'll return if and when lots of things (or even some things) change. Rankine, ground, board, ambition, communication, hope....

Okay SPF, I give in, name me so I know who I am? Maybe I'm living in a dream world after all??

By the way, you are not hoping to achieve anything then, is that correct? You, the lifelong East Fife supporter! So actually, you're jist in the huff aren't ye?

PS - yer a joke man!

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

Okay SPF, I give in, name me so I know who I am? Maybe I'm living in a dream world after all??

By the way, you are not hoping to achieve anything then, is that correct? You, the lifelong East Fife supporter! So actually, you're jist in the huff aren't ye?

PS - yer a joke man!

See your third person post on Friday for who the real joke is. And your denial of the majority shareholder, and your denial you're a director.

No, not in a huff. Can't you read, put your glasses on? It's become a chore watching this East Fife.

St Pauli Fifer

See your third person post on Friday for who the real joke is. And your denial of the majority shareholder, and your denial you're a director.

No, not in a huff. Can't you read, put your glasses on? It's become a chore watching this East Fife.

You're still clinging to that untruth, to further your infantile views, eh?

What happened that has made you so bitter? So bitter that you are havering aboot imaginary directors, something deeply personal occur between you and a director maybe? Seriously SPF, there must be something wrong with you and you should seek help. I can't speak for anybody else, but that is how it looks to me.

St Pauli Fifer
caught posting from the same computer and denying it

As a non IT expert I'm curious to know how you know what computer a poster is posting from, are you Admin?

When did all this Jocky is a director stuff start anyway? I seem to have missed that somewhere along the line. Genuinely curious.

People staying away aren't going to help East Fife get better, but it might make them feel a bit better. I've got a piece in the programme this week that mentions how surprised I was to see so many regular faces not at Bayview when I was last back. It's sad to see, but everyone has to evaluate what works for them.

What will help us get better is more investment into the club and better players. Where that will come from, heaven knows.

I do think we are an established second division side. These last few years of mid table finishes seems to suggest that, along with the odd flirtation of promotion and relegation playoffs.

If we go down this season though then I think it will be a long journey back and I do fear for the club.

The board should be seriously studying just what has made Cowdenbeath so successful, but even more so with Ross County. How did this fairly new League club overtake us so fast. What did they do right and what did we do wrong?

Whether people posting here are going to games or not, they (on the whole) have one thing in common and that is they genuinely care about the club. We might not all agree as to the best ways forward but this is our club.

Sadly that number is dwindling and there doesn't seem to be many signs that that will change any time soon, and everyone who cares about the club should be working together to try to change this.

Noisy Crossbar
Terracing Now!

So you've listed a few clubs that are having financial difficulties. So what is your point with regards to East Fife?

My point is that in comparison to the rest of the clubs in Scotland, East Fife are actually a well run club.

Terracing Now!

I have already said that financial stability is not a measure of footballing success as far as I'm concerned and all of those clubs, including the aforementioned Stirling and Clyde, have at least competed in Division 1 for a while and had good go at it. The fact that they are having a few problems is irrelevant to us. They are not unique in the annals of Scottish football of having suffered from years of poor management. I dare say Annan Athletic are well run and financially sound but I wouldn't want them as a role model.

Terracing Now!

I think we should be achieving a hell of a lot more than that. And what is your measurement of football success for a club of East Fife's history, standing and potential anyway? Is it less than St Johnstone's? Ross County's? Morton's? Is it below Cowdenbeath's, Brechin's and Queen of the South's?

We are not a top 20 club - the finances of Levenmouth won't support it. Top of the rest is where we should aim for. So yes, less that StJ RC and Morton. On a Par with Cowden and Brechin and below QoS.

Terracing Now!

Remind me also how many seasons East Fife have competed in Division 1 in the past 15 years? How many in the past 25 years?

Terracing Now!

Yes Dunfermline are in a hole as consequence of trying to compete in the SPL and spending way beyond their means but I'm not looking for us to do anything as stupid as that. They have also played the total sum of zero seasons in the bottom two divisions since reconstruction, been to the odd cup final and given their fans something to shout about over that period. And as for Falkirk, don't make me laugh. They have a cup semi-final to look forward to in a few weeks and were in the final in 2009 (as have been Ross County and QoS recently). And this from a club, like Dunfermline, we used to beat as a matter of routine in the 70's and 80's.

What a depressing post. You have just encapsulated why so many fans are deserting the club.

Club prospects for the future? Poor. Chances of improving our standing? None. Chances of getting more fans back? None.

No future, no hope and no bloody wonder.

Enjoy the game on Saturday.

Actually Mad Man, it is your post that is depressing! You are an eternal pessimist and who would want to be one of those? Very sad! Enjoy your Saturday afternoon this weekend, wherever that may be, (Starks Park perchance)??

St Pauli Fifer
Anyone who thinks EF have not underachieved over 20-odd years, especially with the facts (and the fact that they are caught posting from the same computer and denying it) is certainly delusional.

Delusion n.

Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness

ehhh - the facts suggest that compared to our peers east fife have not underachieved over the last 20 years.

Compare the average league positions of East Fife, Dumbarton, Cowden, Brechin, Arbroath for the last 25 years or 10 years and see what the facts tell you. If you want to add in Stirling then fine, I'll add in Forfar or Berwick.

SPF
Put us all out of our misery. If Jocky is, as you say a Director, name him.
There are 6 full directors and 3 associates to choose from.

JOCKY
Is SPF right or wrong?

In the meantime the team has a very important set up fixtures coming up which will determine whether we stay up or are relegated.
I suggest we all put our differences to 1 side and start supporting the team.

I realise that it is much much easier to support a winning team rather than a losing team in what for me personally this season has been the season from hell.No set of players should have to be managed by 4 Managers between July and November ie Gordon Durie,Gordon Chisholm,Brian McNaughton/Bob Malcolm , and Billy Brown.

I cannot remember the number of Managers the club has had since we moved to Bayview Stadium but to me, the club needs the stability of a longer term manager to progress.

Off the field , I do agree that the club would benefit from a change of direction and have heard that the Chairman will be retiring at the end of the season.
To me the present BOD have done a good job keeping the finances of the club under control and have obviously tried to encourage local school children to come along on match days.Additionally they always seem to have supported the Manager with any player acquisition/loan. To me they have failed to get the local business community on board. In essence , East Fife does not feel like a local club.
Ultimately it will be the People of Buckhaven ,Methil , and Leven who decide if there to be an East Fife in its present format.

As I said earlier, I suggest we put all our differences to 1 side and support the team for the next 10 fixtures.

Come on SPF, put us all out of our misery and tell us Jocky's real name.

sammy
SPF

JOCKY
Is SPF right or wrong?

In the meantime the team has a very important set up fixtures coming up which will determine whether we stay up or are relegated.

I realise that it is much much easier to support a winning team rather than a losing team in what for me personally this season has been the season from hell.No set of players should have to be managed by 4 Managers between July and November ie Gordon Durie,Gordon Chisholm,Brian McNaughton/Bob Malcolm , and Billy Brown.

I cannot remember the number of Managers the club has had since we moved to Bayview Stadium but to me, the club needs the stability of a longer term manager to progress.

Off the field , I do agree that the club would benefit from a change of direction and have heard that the Chairman will be retiring at the end of the season.
To me the present BOD have done a good job keeping the finances of the club under control and have obviously tried to encourage local school children to come along on match days.Additionally they always seem to have supported the Manager with any player acquisition/loan. To me they have failed to get the local business community on board. In essence , East Fife does not feel like a local club.
Ultimately it will be the People of Buckhaven ,Methil , and Leven who decide if there to be an East Fife in its present format.

As I said earlier, I suggest we put all our differences to 1 side and support the team for the next 10 fixtures.

Most definitely wrong Sammy. It's just that SPF won't accept that, no matter what I say. He is most definitely entrenched in his belief, so not a lot I can do about that, other than say that East Fife are a crap club maybe, which is never going to happen.

An excellent post though, although I think that your comments about the school chidren, suggests that the club is showing that they are indeed being a local club. You just need to go down to Kirkland in the evenings during the week and soon when the days get longer, down to Bayview and see the amount of young kids that are being coached, which really is fantastic to see. It's the local businesses of note, eg Diago's that could make a difference, as there are certainly quite a few small businesses that sponsor the club, (I think anyway).

Noisy Crossbar
St Pauli Fifer

Delusion n.

ehhh - the facts suggest that compared to our peers east fife have not underachieved over the last 20 years.

Compare the average league positions of East Fife, Dumbarton, Cowden, Brechin, Arbroath for the last 25 years or 10 years and see what the facts tell you. If you want to add in Stirling then fine, I'll add in Forfar or Berwick.

You just don't get it do you? You clearly have no understanding of the history and relative standing of our club. Yes the clubs you mention are now our peers based on our last 20 years but as I've said before it used to be Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Johnstone etc.

sammy
SPF

JOCKY
Is SPF right or wrong?

There is a Youth Development team at u19 level and also the Modern Apprentice Scheme run by the guys (and girls) on the Youth side. Players are there and can be made available to play with the seniors.
At different times there has been some playing but now occasionly they are asked to join the squad if there are gaps. Quite a lot of the Youths play with Junior teams to get them ready for senior football. These young guys are doing well and are a credit to the all the work that goes into Youth Development. The reserve games are primarily for the Modern Apprentices so come and have a look next time they play at Bayview.

Terracing Now!

You just don't get it do you? You clearly have no understanding of the history and relative standing of our club. Yes the clubs you mention are now our peers based on our last 20 years but as I've said before it used to be Falkirk, Dunfermline, St Johnstone etc.

.....the all time history has us as the 23rd best team in Scotland......not just the last 20 years. It's not a fact that can be ignored.....even if it does blown your agrument to bits.

Convince me why St Johnstone, Dunfermline and Falkirk are our peers - I'm intrigued.

Noisy Crossbar
Terracing Now!

.....the all time history has us as the 23rd best team in Scotland......not just the last 20 years. It's not a fact that can be ignored.....even if it does blown your agrument to bits.

Convince me why St Johnstone, Dunfermline and Falkirk are our peers - I'm intrigued.

I've supported East Fife for 50years, throughout these years (apart from a few blips) St Johnstone, Dunfermline and Falkirk have always been our peers.

For the younger fans (10/20/30 year supporters) I would like to know what's brought all this negativity on, since 1973 we have had maybe 3 or 4 seasons that could be described as great from a fans point of view so why complain now?

Regarding the ownership issue, sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. I've seen no evidence that the current majority shareholder has done anything to hold the club back (apart from giving Broon authority, but the fans got that sorted), we've had potentially good managers and squads, every manager has been able to bring in good players (on paper), unfortunately most haven't worked out but that's not the shareholders fault.

I'm not for one minute saying everything is rosy, it's not, but all this moaning and groaning has to be having an impact on the Bayview staff moral both playing and admin, sometimes I think we get the team we deserve

Noisy Crossbar
Terracing Now!

If league position is your yardstick then why not add in Ross County's all time league positions because unless you think the Highland league has always been a higher standard than the Scottish League, you'll find that they rank a long way below us. They are village team in comparison. Which come to think of it, they actually are.

St Johnstone highest ever league position, 3rd (same as us). Major trophies won, zilch (not the same as us). Were a debt ridden, hopeless, bottom tier club in the late 80's. Investment and a sound long-term strategy for improvement by a visionary Chairman revived their fortunes to the extent that I cannot remember the last time we played them in a league game. Population of Perth about 43,000. Population of Levenmouth 37,000. For both you could add on surrounding catchment areas and you'll not find much difference in terms in potential support.

You know I can't be bothered doing any more on this subject. If you think Falkirk, Dunfermline and St Johnstone are our betters then fine. So by your definition are QoS, Raith and all the other middle rankers most of whom have also won diddly squat in their history. Look at in another way, in terms of major trophies won East Fife rank 8th in the all time list.

But you are clearly happy with the current situation of the club and trying to justify the mediocrity with which we've had to put up with it for far too long. Good for you.

Terracing Now!
Noisy Crossbar
Terracing Now!

If league position is your yardstick then why not add in Ross County's all time league positions because unless you think the Highland league has always been a higher standard than the Scottish League, you'll find that they rank a long way below us. They are village team in comparison. Which come to think of it, they actually are.

St Johnstone highest ever league position, 3rd (same as us). Major trophies won, zilch (not the same as us). Were a debt ridden, hopeless, bottom tier club in the late 80's. Investment and a sound long-term strategy for improvement by a visionary Chairman revived their fortunes to the extent that I cannot remember the last time we played them in a league game. Population of Perth about 43,000. Population of Levenmouth 37,000. For both you could add on surrounding catchment areas and you'll not find much difference in terms in potential support.

You know I can't be bothered doing any more on this subject. If you think Falkirk, Dunfermline and St Johnstone are our betters then fine. So by your definition are QoS, Raith and all the other middle rankers most of whom have also won diddly squat in their history. Look at in another way, in terms of major trophies won East Fife rank 8th in the all time list.

But you are clearly happy with the current situation of the club and trying to justify the mediocrity with which we've had to put up with it for far too long. Good for you.

So, what are you posting all this for? It can only be that you want to see East Fife fold obviously! If you don't want to see them fold, what are you doing about it?

Explain what your goals (pardon the pun) for East Fife are and how you are going to help see them being achieved. From all your's and your 'mates' words, I can't see how you can possibly help East Fife flourish! It looks like you want to see their demise actually.

Is anyone else getting bored with all this?

Sorry Tam, but I think it is important that we know what the likes of SPF and Terracing Now are trying to achieve, or are they just whinging for whingings sake?
Their negativity surely isn't good for the club, so why are they doing it?

SPF, you were asked to name 'jocky' as you have called him a director many many times now, so name him !

Jocky are you Kaiser Soze???

What can fans do to help change things if there is an owner that doesn't even exist???

Let's not go naming names we can't prove that people are.

I'll just delete the posts, because barring Jocky admitting it, no-one can prove it one way or the other.

At least people in this thread all care about EF in their own ways. Now if we can only channel all that to get the club back to some glory days.

Its certainly a chore listening to Jocky and his many alter egos

some of these posts are laughable. some people think if you dare to say anything that goes against managers or players then you are less of a supporter than others what a load of pish. even the best teams get booed off the park. they have a word for people who never criticise and cheer or clap even when criticism is due its not supporter its cheerleader.
if you dont go to games you cant criticise. of course you can if youre a fifer youre always a fifer and it still hurts even if you dont go to games anymore.
i would love to be positive about this season but one win in 8 games and the prospect of the relegation playoffs doesnt fill me with positive thoughts.
i truly hope saturday is better and we can kick on from here but as i said in my first post the one thing i expect every week is effort and that is something that has to be there in every player and that just has not been the case recently.
i will be at bayview on saturday but dont blame anyone for saying they have had enough nor do i think i am more of a supporter than them

kceffc
but dont blame anyone for saying they have had enough nor do i think i am more of a supporter than them

To be fair, you definitely are more of a supporter than folk like me who've given up.

Supporter,
You have chosen to misinterpret what I wrote. My post pointed out that only 10 people were complaining on this thread. You have then decided to tell everyone how I will reply and you are wrong.
I know EF have done very little in the last 20 years. I know fans are leaving because of lack of success. I know the consortium who own the majority shareholding have no interest in our on-field success.I know we currently have huge problems both on and off the park.

I have chosen to continue to support EF and to do what I can to bring about change through the Trust.
You have chosen to bring about change by bleating on a website which has no influence over the club or its owners.
Apart from bleating, what positive steps have you taken to bring about change ? Protested outside the ground ? Chanted sack the board ? Written to the SFA about share ownership ? Set up a protest group to bring about change ?
If you feel that not attending and attacking fans who choose to continue attending is the best way of bringing about change then I am quite happy with the path I have chosen.

Supporter/SPF/Mad Man etc......

Why don't the 10 of you get yourselves on to the mound on Saturday and show everybody how much you care about East Fife? Wear masks if you don't want to be recognised, if you like. Nae cardboard cut outs allowed though, trying to make out there really are 10 off you when there actually might not be!!

GoF

I'll just delete the posts, because barring Jocky admitting it, no-one can prove it one way or the other.

At least people in this thread all care about EF in their own ways. Now if we can only channel all that to get the club back to some glory days.

GoF, I've already said countless times that I have absolutely nothing to do with East Fife and bar paying my gate money and watching them as a lifelong supporter, that is it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why SPF and his sidekicks persist with their imaginary board member accusation, is beyond me. Could it be because they know they are very wrong with their criticisms of the club and are trying to divert away from that fact to gain support from others, by suggesting a board member is posting on this forum?? What is the matter with them?

Jocky

Why don't the 10 of you get yourselves on to the mound on Saturday and show everybody how much you care about East Fife? Wear masks if you don't want to be recognised, if you like. Nae cardboard cut outs allowed though, trying to make out there really are 10 off you when there actually might not be!!

Sigh, ok, let's keep this going then. I was for dropping it. Are you drunk?

If it's a pointless, punishing chore to sit in that stand, what would be the point of standing on the mound for 105 min - that's worse ?? Shudder. I don't need to show you nor anyone how much I care. Nearly 30 years previously supporting East Fife shows I care for East Fife. Why would I not want to be recognised, everyone one knows who I am. 10? There are a LOT less than that not going anymore of late.

You've a hard neck, you multiple posting.

Jocky
GoF

GoF, I've already said countless times that I have absolutely nothing to do with East Fife and bar paying my gate money and watching them as a lifelong supporter, that is it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why SPF and his sidekicks persist with their imaginary board member accusation, is beyond me. Could it be because they know they are very wrong with their criticisms of the club and are trying to divert away from that fact to gain support from others, by suggesting a board member is posting on this forum?? What is the matter with them?

You've said lots of things - Rankine doesn't own East Fife, you've said most fans don't accept that, you did not post in the third person, you are not a board member.

You are a dishonest, liar.

I know you're a director and I know who you are.

And why is it "wrong" to criticise the clandestine ownership of East Fife?

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky
GoF

You've said lots of things - Rankine doesn't own East Fife, you've said most fans don't accept that, you did not post in the third person, you are not a board member.

You are a dishonest, liar. (GOF, PLEASE HAVE A WORD WITH HIM).

I know you're a director and I know who you are. (I AM AFRAID YOU ARE WAY OF THE MARK SON, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM, AS I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE EAST FIFE BOARD.)

And why is it "wrong" to criticise the clandestine ownership of East Fife? (IT IS BECAUSE THAT IS ALL YOU DO AND IT IS BORING. YOU HAVE GOT IT WRONG ABOUT ME, SO WHY SHOULD WE BELIEVE WHAT YOU WRITE ABOUT THE BOARD?)

SPF, I have never commented on who owns the club, so your imagination is running riot again. I have never said "most fans don't accept that", I did not do the said post and once again, I AM NOT A BOARD MEMBER. Why are you persisting on this tack? You are saying nothing about how you are going to change things at Bayview, so why are you continually coming onto this site and constantly downing everything East Fife and their supporters, of which I am one! Even if I was a board member, why would it bother you? Does every board member need to be vetted and approved by the high and almighty SPF? Saint Pauli Fifer, what is that aboot anyway ya infantile dafty?

Noisy crossbar

You obviously dont know the realistic ones then.The majority knew this would be another tough season for us given the financial cut backs and reverting to a mix of part time and full time players.The reason,to hopefully stave off being in the same position as Dunfermline although they have had many years of over spending

Are Raith fans enjoying life in the 1st division. I doubt it as they have expectations of come tithing for the title.

Dont know who you have been talking to but I dont know any Raith fan who had expectations of challenging for the title in fact the majoritys expectations was to finish 3rd or 4th bottom which hopefully looks likely

For the record and from an insider looking in I`d expect East Fife to be doing much better

Realist
Noisy crossbar

You obviously dont know the realistic ones then.The majority knew this would be another tough season for us given the financial cut backs and reverting to a mix of part time and full time players.The reason,to hopefully stave off being in the same position as Dunfermline although they have had many years of over spending

Are Raith fans enjoying life in the 1st division. I doubt it as they have expectations of come tithing for the title.

Dont know who you have been talking to but I dont know any Raith fan who had expectations of challenging for the title in fact the majoritys expectations was to finish 3rd or 4th bottom which hopefully looks likely

For the record and from an insider looking in I`d expect East Fife to be doing much better

You are right of course we should be doing much better. It seems non-Fifers are able to see this more than some of the cheerleaders for mediocrity we have on the Board of Directors and some of the supporters. Indeed it was an ex Raith Rovers player who recently said much the same thing when losing to Alloa, stating that this sort of thing should not really be happening to a club of East Fife's standing as often as it has been.

That players name? Billy Brown.

Realist

I agree - we should be doing better than we are this season. However, how much better "should" EF be doing?

Do you think EF's peers are St.Johnston, Dumfermline, Falkirk.....or is our level more Cowden, Dumbarton, Arbroath?

I really don't get why fans are walking away this season after 30 years of support - while during those 30 years we've never been at the level they are now demanding. If they were walking away during our spell at the bottom end of the 3rd division then I could see their reasoning. Feels more to me that some of the "never coming back" brigade have made their statement and are now trying to find justification for it......however illogical.

Thing is some of them, SPF in particular, are not even walking away...... you're still here every day on the Forum. EF clearly matter to you..... get back involved. YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU.

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

PS - yer a joke man!

No Spf, you have become the chore!. I LIKE going to the games, win or lose, play good or bad and so do 400 or so others. You have decided to stay away, fine, your choice. Please stop these negative posts. You are ofcourse entitled to your opinion but no one will give you any credit for the opinion if you are not attending games. Your heart is in the right place and the best thing to do in your frame of mind is to go to the games, try to see the good points as well as the bad. For example Dumfy. How would they survive if their fans took your stance? Their board have not exactly been saints, have they? Better to fight your case from within. See u tomorrow then? If the snow stays away??

topper
Did they deserve to get applauded off the park.Is football not all about results.Better a winning team than glorious losers.Should we not start up an u19 team so we can dripfeed some young talent into the first team or even give some of the regular subs a game.

There is an under 19's team within the pro youth set up. Also Modern Apprentices with the youth set up. Some have played last season and early this season and on occasion they are required as back up when the seniors have injuries. They are there and can be available for the team. Quite a few of them play with Junior Clubs. The Youth side is a big set, running independantly, but alongside when needed, the senior set up. There are a lot of people working hard within the set up as the SFA criteria is very strict. They are given a lot of education as well as kicking a ball.

Mad Man

cheerleaders for mediocrity

Nice bit of spin there.

But I prefer the label "Realist" or "Sensible".

If the EF BoD were to gamble and we end up like Stirling or Clyde.....I would not be happy.

We`ve not had a decent team to watch in donkeys years. Not since we walked the 3rd. This current crop are very poor.
Who is to blame for that? The board or the manager(s)?
The board are certainly guilty in appointing rookie managers in Crawford and Durie. Cheap/easy option maybe.
Robertson and now Brown are experienced guys in coaching.
Still begs the question...

where is it all going wrong?

In my opinion we are resigned to 3rd division football next season. I`ve seen nothing of late to suggest otherwise.
With the newco coming up, we will pass them on the way down.
Lot of income to simply throw away and unforgivable in my opinion.

Jocky

SPF, I have never commented on who owns the club,

See....

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
It is true that it's a huge concern for EFFC that fans are stopping going but that solely is the board's fault. Their lack of vision and communication, the majority shareholder and the secretive (dishonest) nature of that (Sid publically denying Rankine having anything directly or indirectly anything to do with East Fife shares), phantom new Windygates stadiums, choices of managers, heinous strips - the lot.

You are a sad man SPF, with an over-active imagination! You have just posted a lot of hypothetical and complete lies that are only in your head.

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
I asked Sid myself and he denied any Rankine invlovement - if he IS the majority shareholder, directly or indirectly, then that's dishonest). I don't have to prove it. Everyone knows it. Even the Trust Chairman has recently posted in relation to the absentee majority shareholder (I wonder who he could mean ?).

Yes, you DO have to prove it. I don't know about it, so everybody does NOT, know about it.

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

See....

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
It is true that it's a huge concern for EFFC that fans are stopping going but that solely is the board's fault. Their lack of vision and communication, the majority shareholder and the secretive (dishonest) nature of that (Sid publically denying Rankine having anything directly or indirectly anything to do with East Fife shares), phantom new Windygates stadiums, choices of managers, heinous strips - the lot.

You are a sad man SPF, with an over-active imagination! You have just posted a lot of hypothetical and complete lies that are only in your head.

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
I asked Sid myself and he denied any Rankine invlovement - if he IS the majority shareholder, directly or indirectly, then that's dishonest). I don't have to prove it. Everyone knows it. Even the Trust Chairman has recently posted in relation to the absentee majority shareholder (I wonder who he could mean ?).

Yes, you DO have to prove it. I don't know about it, so everybody does NOT, know about it.

If you think that is me saying who owns the club, then you are even thicker than I thought! I posted what I did because I do not know and until there is proof of all the allegations, then I still don't know! Purely my view!

The reason you will not post on here who you think I am, is because you will probably get hit with some libellous charge from the guy you think I am.

C'mon SPF BIG MAN! WHO AM I???

YOU DON'T F*CKING KNOW AND YOU ARE SHIT SCARED TO POST THE NAME! SHITE BAG!

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

See....

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer

Jocky
St Pauli Fifer

If you think that is me saying who owns the club, then you are even thicker than I thought! I posted what I did because I do not know and until there is proof of all the allegations, then I still don't know! Purely my view!

The reason you will not post on here who you think I am, is because you will probably get hit with some libellous charge from the guy you think I am.

C'mon SPF BIG MAN! WHO AM I???

YOU DON'T F*CKING KNOW AND YOU ARE SHIT SCARED TO POST THE NAME! SHITE BAG!

More insults from you than you could shake a stick at.

And he's not going to post the name because I've asked him not to.

This is getting tiresome. Can the pair of you stop poking each other, stop insulting each other and gie it as rest.

The same thing is happening on the main Whitecaps forum just now, Same two guys falling out all the time and it's switching people off there.

That forum does have an ignore function mind you!

What's my name SPF? C'mon... out with it! I know you won't!

You are accusing ME of being insulting?? Are you for real, after all the crap you have been posting about me? I have my breaking point too mate and I am fast reaching it!

Back to the task in hand - What is my name SPF?

Harry Hill would know how to sort this out.

Sorry GoF, It is plainly obvious that he does not have a clue who I am and if I am who he says I am, then I give him permission to broadcast my name!

Not The Other chairman

Damn!! How did you find out my name TOC??

Not The Other chairman

So would Lawro.

I am NOT Lawro. I have NEVER posted from Lawro's pc. I am not Sid Collumbine. I have never appeared on MotD. I have never had a relationship with an EF Director. I have nothing to say about self abuse but would like to be a moderator.

Quality

Jocky
Quality

Such a suck ass.

Bad day all round for you jocky and you many aka's.

St Pauli Fifer
Jocky

Sigh, ok, let's keep this going then. I was for dropping it.

Brilliant SPF been spewing the same crap on every post,every week for more than 3 months BUT "was for dropping it" !!

used to be a fan
Jocky
Quality

Such a suck ass.

Bad day all round for you jocky and you many aka's.

Suck ass? That's a right guid auld Fife saying eh? Are you from Maple Gardens by any chance son?

What I find most depressing about this thread is that it started off looking at how we can get out of this current mess we're in and have a better East Fife for ALL in the future, and it's ended up with just a fucking irritating name calling session.

Maybe there isn't that many people that care about the club these days right enough. Maybe's there's load and they don't come on here any more for exactly how threads like this develop.

SPF, I've known you for years. Jocky I may or may have known you for years. Both of you though, I'm asking you nicely to knock this on the head and ignore each other and stop calling each other out.

If it keeps going, for the sake of the forum I will ban both of your IPs.