Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What's happened to Bobby Barr?

I thought Bobby Barr was going to be a sensation for us; signs the dotted line and then hasnae kicked a ball.Yesterday he must have touched the ball a dozen times and out of that he gave possession away most of the time, his tackling was weak, his distribution was out of sorts and his body language was terrible. He is so much better than that. What's up? Surely Billy Brown can get more out of him?

Re: What's happened to Bobby Barr?

I would have thought Billy Brown could have got more out of everyone but he hasn`t. He got a reaction when he first arrived at the club but up until now, the negatives are far outweighing the positives.
Brown was asked weeks and weeks ago about who his assistant was going to be. We seem to be no further forward with who that is and like others, I`m puzzled as to what Bob Malcolm`s role at the club is.

Did Barr beat a man yesterday? There should be a £500 prize every week for anyone who spots him beat a man in a one-on-one. It would be on a £4000 rollover by now.

Bobby Barr looked brilliant when he first came to Bayview.
Now he's not worth a start.
He's being asked to play wide on the right. Think he played better when he was wide on left and could cut inside.

He has played every position up top and is still gash,He thinks he is better than what he is thats his problem . When you watch him his body language is as if to say I'm better than this . Get him away at end of season he not worth half the money he is on at our club.

When he wants to be he's definitely better than the level we're at. Sadly, like when we had Craig O'Reilly on loan from Dundee, when these guys sign for someon permanantly and are no longer in the shop window, the performances drop.
The money reportedly being paid is scandoulous tho. Forces him to be picked.

Fat Doug
When he wants to be he's definitely better than the level we're at. Sadly, like when we had Craig O'Reilly on loan from Dundee, when these guys sign for someon permanantly and are no longer in the shop window, the performances drop.
The money reportedly being paid is scandoulous tho. Forces him to be picked.

You don't need to say 'reportedly'. Barr is definitely getting £500 a week.

how do we know if barr gets paid that much at our club? unless you check his bank account every week? and i thought loans were paid by club like livingston not east fife unless he is signed by the club.

if so are we paying Antell and Keinan too