Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TO ALL EAST FIFE FANS ?

Saturday is a massive game for us , Can we ALL get down to New Bayview and make a LOUD VOCAL SUPPORT FOR EAST FIFE ? Let's see if the team respond to SUPPORT on a big VOCAL scale ? we can if we want to ! we always have
MON THE FIFE

Re: TO ALL EAST FIFE FANS ?

Aye Mr305. This is the time when the club & team needs supporting. The stay aways need to come back for the remaining games. We all know how they feel, we have read the posts but if they have any feeling for the club then this is the time to come back, get behind the team and help them raise their game on Saturday. I know it's tough, I've watched The Fife for over 50 years, my 1st away game was Dundee in the cup And we lost 9-1!!!. Bad patches will happen but that's when the supporters have to give the backing. Ok, post on here and criticize, that's fine as we all have opinions but keeping going is essential, especially in our present position. See you all Saturday.

Nah.

Make a lot of noise on saturday and lets see how the players respond! If they cant then we have done all we could do but lets at least give it a try and create a bit of an apmosphere for onece!

used to be a fan
Nah.

So why are you on this site then?

Fan
Make a lot of noise on saturday and lets see how the players respond! If they cant then we have done all we could do but lets at least give it a try and create a bit of an apmosphere for onece!

We the fans REALLY need to get down on sat and show support in numbers and in voice to encourage the team .This is the time for fans to help the club and the players . we have some crunch games coming up we need to get behind the team . So let's do it on SATURDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on back to Bayview on Saturday....support the Fife and get some noise in the place again. We NEED you!!!

fao S-Pat and burger crew
Come on back to Bayview on Saturday....support the Fife and get some noise in the place again. We NEED you!!!

Yeah, we need the burger crew to shout their heads off till they can shout no more. Hoarse burgers - that's what we need!

Have the burgers and s-pat gave up?

But The rest of the crowd didn't join them in the songs and if anything, seemed to want them to keep quiet.

I don't know about Methil Milan, more like Leven Library.

Bette Noir
But The rest of the crowd didn't join them in the songs and if anything, seemed to want them to keep quiet.

I don't know about Methil Milan, more like Leven Library.

That is true! I wouldn't say I've given up but I cannot justify spending £50 going to a game with the family.

Sea Wall supporting, singing, (standing?), noisy section?
I'll happily move from my normal mid stand vacuum to join in.
Agree such a gesture could show the boys we're backing them all the way and give them a lift/edge they desperately need.

It is true the West Fife East Fife/Burger massive has shrunk a bit in recent times. Must be the chilly weather.

I like the idea of an agreed noisy bit. The standing area at back of stands not working anymore if it ever really did. In 2003 season there was an effort led by the supporters club to make the sea end the noisy section. Id be up for that again. Longer term I'd like to see a standing section at the rear of whats currently the away end closet to the tunnel. The season we were in there I thought that side was more conducive to decent views and atmosphere. Maybe it was just we escaped the moany cnunts for a while. We rarely get more than 100 away fans at bayview now so its not as if would be a stewarding headache.

Ps repeat what has been said before, burger crew are getting too auld (in fact positively offal) time for young team to step up. Leave the flares at hame tho chaps my tickers not what it used to be.

Bayview would be a much better place to go on a saturday if there was a bit of noise. There just isnt enough singing at games anymore. If people start a song the only people that join in are on the other side of the stadium!! A section in the stadium where a bit of noise can get created would be a massive plus!

Why doesn't everyone who wants to sing agree to go to the sea wall end, sing as loud as possible and SUPPORT our team. If were honest with ourselves, the atmosphere at Bayview has not helped the team this season. Yes, players will misplace a pass or make a mistake but instead of groaning and complaining we need to offer encouragement. The next few games are an opportunity to gather some much needed points. So let's get behind the team and help them get away from the relegation zone. COME ON EAST FIFE!!

I hate threads like this attempting to gather the masses.They are patronising, infantile and insulting to the fans who pay good money week in week out to watch a team of wimps go down without much of a fight.

Mr Angry
I hate threads like this attempting to gather the masses.They are patronising, infantile and insulting to the fans who pay good money week in week out to watch a team of wimps go down without much of a fight.

Bloody hell !!!!!!! I started this to try and get fans to go and support the team through a tough time and encourage the players to raise their game and help the club from a relegation fight . We as fans can only help the players by being VOCAL and encouraging them , ask any player if vocal support helps ? they will tell you YES !!!!!!!! FFS

Mr Angry

Fuck me! You seem the type of chap who would have fucked off at half time in Istanbul when the Pool were out of it and playing shit. Definatately not one of the 150 who went to Pittodrie on a freezing midweek expecting to get humped again , or who stayed to the bitter end at Gretna when we won with the last kick of the ball.If your not and just having a crisis of faith I feel sorry for you. You have clearly curbed your enthusiasm for the cause. Please don't try to curb anyone else's for them. Its quite sad.

Lone Burger,
You need to take a long hard look at yourself. What is the point in supporting your team through thick and thin and thin and thin when you can just walk away then tell everyone repeatedly why you are walking away.
You then get the added bonus of offering no constructive solutions and telling everyone who wants to continue supporting the team that they are stupid.

p.s. remember to buy a programme on Saturday.

Really looking forward to this saturdays game,hopefully beat Arbroath and we'll be 6pts behind them with a game in hand.

Aye, still in with a shout of the promotion playoffs

Right im well up for everyone making it to the sea end part of the stand and making as much noise as possible, need big numbers there though. This can be used as a starting point to try and get an organised singing section in place for next season, have the area reserved so its not full of randums every other week.

Dont really want to use the rerm ultras lol, but just a group that constantly sing whether we are winning, drawing or losing, for the full 90 minutes.

Aw no, I hate the singin I canny concentrate on sooking ma Weathers Originals!

I will be there on Saturday. As I am every week. Burger and Proud.

We tried for a long time to sing at Bayview with no luck with people going for the usual "East Fife" cha cha cha..

That aside SUPPORT the team.

C'mon the fife.

Going to the game on saturday, lets all get behind the team for the final nine or so games left cmon...hope we get a good crowd too in the home end.

PS two bobbys on the park tomorrow interesting hmm, wonder how many will boo the one in red

Cmon The Fife!

Fifer1
Right im well up for everyone making it to the sea end part of the stand and making as much noise as possible, need big numbers there though. This can be used as a starting point to try and get an organised singing section in place for next season, have the area reserved so its not full of randums every other week.

Dont really want to use the rerm ultras lol, but just a group that constantly sing whether we are winning, drawing or losing, for the full 90 minutes.

!! Lets try and make a bit of noise for once, if everyone joins in there can be a influence on the players! Lets make this happen and create a bit of noise! Mon the fife!

Heading to the game tomorrow. First game this year so a result would be fine. If we get a win, hey may be back?

Did this work?

East Fife, like all SFL clubs, are dying. Let's just put everyone out of their misery and burn the fucking town