Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Celebration Dinner - 25th May 2013

Tickets are still available for our Celebration Dinner on Saturday 25th May 2013 at Buckhaven Community Centre.

Priced £50 your ticket includes pre-dinner wine, 3-course meal & raffle ticket.

Why not come along and celebrate our 75th anniversary of winning the Scottish Cup and also our club's 110th year.

Tickets are available from the club office.

Re: Celebration Dinner - 25th May 2013

That is such an amazing offer that I expect I am already too late to get a ticket. It is bound to have sold out within minutes of the post appearing.

Think the initial post was cropped and the first few words were missing.
The first three words should have read -'The majority of .............

Bayviewboy
Think the initial post was cropped and the first few words were missing.
The first three words should have read -'The majority of .............

Lol

Any truth in the rumour that Ticketmaster systems crashed within seconds of these tickets going on sale due to the huge demand ???????...............................Nah didnae think so !!!

Why not use the money to make us better this year and have a proper piss up to celebrate a great east fife team for the future who will give rangers a game at Bayview in 2014????? Nah the board would rather spend any extra funds on shite.

The futures bright??????
Why not use the money to make us better this year and have a proper piss up to celebrate a great east fife team for the future who will give rangers a game at Bayview in 2014????? Nah the board would rather spend any extra funds on shite.

I think the idea of this dinner is to make money for the club. I know that goes against the mob mentality of the forum right now but in the interest of fairness I thought I'd point it out.

It's disappointing that our clubs "supporters" want to rip the piss or put the boot in at every opportunity. How about we get back to making a positive contribution to both this forum and our club!?

Have to agree with Mr Noisy Crossbar here!! The club are trying to do a positive thing here and getting abuse. Yes the venue isn't great and tickets a bit pricey but at least they're trying to do something positive.

The attitude of many on this site just now totally sucks; I have to agree with NCB and Fat Doug. Although I have attended events of this ilk in the past I will be giving this a miss as its too pricy.... I will be attending the trust event at Bayview in April!

Mucky Sock
The attitude of many on this site just now totally sucks; I have to agree with NCB and Fat Doug. Although I have attended events of this ilk in the past I will be giving this a miss as its too pricy.... I will be attending the trust event at Bayview in April!

The attitude sucks because the club sucks right now, both on and off the field. Why does the negativity surprise you? Get off the moral high ground and take a proper look at the reality of what is going on at East Fife.

Firstly, my apologies for upsetting people with my attempts at humour !
However, a number of points about the event at Buckhaven Community Centre
1 - why is it not at Bayview ? Bar takings etc then go back to the club. The club have been less than impressed when Youth, Young Fifers events have not been held at Bayview, but they feel it is alright to celebrate the history of the club 'away from home'
2 - what has Jim Leishman got to do with East Fife ? Surely someone with closer ties to the Club would have been a better choice to relate stories of the club rather than listening to stories of Jims brother 'rubber hied '
3 - do the club realise that there is a recession at the moment and £50 for an event at Buckhaven Community Centre where meals are prepared basically in a 'soup kitchen' is certainly not value for money. The trust event is costing £25 and there is not a lot of time between the events. Anyone who has to make the choice of one or the other due to financial reasons are more likely to choose the Trust event due to the lower price and the chance to meet players they can relate to and can reminisce about that promotion season and Deuchs winner against QP.
4 - Celebrating our history is a good idea but surely the Board and the Trust should have come together and created one event rather than asking people to fork out £75 plus drinks at a time when most people are financially stretched.
Hope to go to the Trust event but won't be attending the Dinner at Buckhaven Community Centre. I hope the Club do well with the event but having spoken to a number of diehards who are not going, I fear for its success.

fifer
Mucky Sock

The attitude sucks because the club sucks right now, both on and off the field. Why does the negativity surprise you? Get off the moral high ground and take a proper look at the reality of what is going on at East Fife.

Eh.... Okay but .. Away and sit on yer baws like a gid dug!

Bayviewboy
3 - do the club realise that there is a recession at the moment and £50 for an event at Buckhaven Community Centre where meals are prepared basically in a 'soup kitchen' is certainly not value for money. The trust event is costing £25 and there is not a lot of time between the events.

Thought I would point out that the Trust event costs £35 and not £25.

Apologies Jim. I noticed that last night. Is it £25 for season ticket holders ?

BB I would like to point out that at no time were the Trust invited to contribute to the anniversary dinner. When we first heard about it it was a fete accompli. I understand that the Supporters' Club started the ball rolling on this but it was then taken out of their hands! The Trust has bought tickets for a table which will raffled (the tickets not the table!) for memebrs to attend. Hopefully this will allow some who may not be in a position to afford £50 to go! I myself haven't made up my mind at this stage