Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Positive fans - Where were you?

It's all very well people coming on here and being ultra positive but where were you today? Numerous occasions there was a massive lack of people giving positive shouts and encouraging players. No use coming on here and thinking you're the high and mighty then sit at games in silence.

Anyway, thought we played reasonably well but just didn't get the goal when we were on top, especially at the start of the 2nd half. Muir was excellent and it seemed to take the players a while to get used to the new formation that Brown was trying. Poor goal to lose again from, yet again, a corner.

Finally, could someone tell Bobby Barr to stop moaning at everyone else and take a look at himself.Very much turning into Bobby Linn's clone!!

Re: Positive fans - Where were you?

Barr couldn't lace bobby's boots...picks up 500 for doing nothing. So how is he like linn? Bobby and co who have move on from last season were a damn lot better than what is there just now

Fat Doug give me a pint of what you have been drinking. Div is our most workman like player but excellent today he most certainly was not. He simply punted it long every time. Looking to hit the 6ft 6 giant we have up front ? The boy Keenan is never a player And Scott Durie needs to cut out the silly trips he keeps getting booked for. All in all shite day, cold..... I can understand why folk stay away !

Anyone who thinks Muir is an excellent player really doesn't understand football.
There are no excellent players currently at East Fife.
There are half decent and poor but most of them aren't as good as that.
Not their fault really. League positions and resluts dont lie.
I suspect most of them will find their level next season in the 3rd.

Fat doug is clueless.

Same players such as campbell, durie, muir for last few seasons who have got us no where but continually get picked and yet we get fans on here saying some of them are great

Don't listen to fat doug. He is pals with SPF and stupidly named burger crew. Says it all. Cmon Jocky (who will bite first).

Players like muir, Campbell and durie have been with us for last few years and we have got worse. We pay 500 for a little whinger on the wing and some were saying he was the saviour when he came in. Months later and thousands down on his wages he has produced nothing. Some of our fans need to have a think about the game and take the blinkers off.

"Anyone who thinks Muir is an excellent player really doesn't understand footba"ll.??????!!!!!!!
And you do????
What level did you play at? Fud.

Jeek, Big change Required - complete arse wipes.
Were you really at the game today?
Div gave 110% + - didn't waste one ball even the long ones were targeted
Covered 1000's yards box to box, and for me was a contender with Broony for MOM

Do you really think anyone else could take that place for that wage?
Less than a third of Barrs?
Who would you have in his place?
He has given us 6 years of full commitment.
Played in any position asked of him.

If anyone in aftn land agrees he is below our standard then jump in, but for me he is the best and most committed player we have.
Shame on you two.

If he's reading this shite (hope not) then I think he would really have to consider staying here any longer
Bakie, Craw, Robbo, Durie, and now Brown all seen something you don't?

Next 2 games massive and we need all the players to know we back them.

Hi, clueless Fat Doug here! I'm not saying I think Muir is an excellent player but I thought he played very well yesterday. If we had 11 players that showed the same heart and desire as Muir does then we wouldn't be where we are now. Amazing that people come on here and criticise a midfielder being asked to play centre half and doing a good job.

Eastfife2012 Div is our most workman like player. But he is poor with the ball. Your comments indicate that you were probably sat in an armchair yesterday. You say Div was all over the park and box to box ? Well my friend he was playing in a back 3 for most of the game. So you were either in the warm with your baffies on or have a mild form of verbal / keyboard dioreha .....

You could add McManus and Darren smith As our workmen ,Our biggest problem this year was holding onto deadwood from last season and not bringing in any players in preseason . We signed boys from poor levels brought in a striker who scores goals but was injured brought in another striker who is the worst player I've seen in a long time and played spl. If we had a fresh team at start of season we would have done well but some of the current squad are just not good enough. Barr ,Willis,Keenan, are players who think they have made it at full time and are just here to play games but none of them would get a game in the 3rd. It's been the worst season I could remember and we will pay for it come may mark my words. Samuel ,Barr,Willis,Keenan,Antelle will all have been on good wages and we have wasted it on poor players. I will not be back again and people can say what they want because I'm not paying another penny to line these so called better players pockets for that level of performance week in week out. Get Sid out now along with Stevenson .

Anybody that thinks that Div muir had a bad game yesterday are clearly taking mushrooms or something. Smith and Muir were outstanding yesterday and showed the grit and determination we have been so clearly lacking.

Why are people not slagging Brown off for the goal, Antell got pelters for the same thing against QOS

BT
Eastfife2012 Div is our most workman like player. But he is poor with the ball. Your comments indicate that you were probably sat in an armchair yesterday. You say Div was all over the park and box to box ? Well my friend he was playing in a back 3 for most of the game. So you were either in the warm with your baffies on or have a mild form of verbal / keyboard dioreha .....

Nope freezing my b*lls of with the rest of the loyal souls.
"Poor with the ball"? I thought his distribution was good over all.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
And box to box yes, i stand by it - in the area every free kick and corner then sprinting back (like to see you try it)
Last 5 up front, not that we could get the ball out (did you stay that long?)

Daz Smith worked his arse off too, but (for me) they were the only two) folks are right to question Barr, Willis, Sammy (wouldn't add Keenan - good 2nd half)
Warm? Baffies? How dare you.
Verbal "what" - suggest you invest in a spell checker. (and a personality)
Erse. (sp)

Doug - you're trolling on Broony - surely?

Fat Doug
Why are people not slagging Brown off for the goal, Antell got pelters for the same thing against QOS

was thinking the same thing,identical goal QOS scored, also Browns kicking from pass backs was woeful.
Corners are a huge problem,we cant defend them and we cant take them.We must've had about 10 corners against Arbroath,Smith(who had a good game btw)hit the 1st man 3 times in a row,Barr swung 3 corners away from goal that almost hit the 18yard line, when are we going to start dropping them at the back post and try and do what other teams do to us...and score from them.

After his very dodgy start with us Brown has been a good 'keeper but I think if Antell had played an identical game yesterday the penalty save would have been forgotten and he would have been slagged for the things which Brown didn't do too well yesterday.

Broony hasn't played for months so he will obviously be a bit rusty. Yes his kicking wasn't great but he was certainly more vocal than Antell when organising his defence. The goal yesterday and the third against QOS were similar in that they were scored within the 6 yard box. They were different in that the QOS corner was in the air for a long time which a goalkeeper should come to claim and if he's blocked off you'd expect the free kick. Yesterday Sheerin swung the corner in flatter and quicker using the windy conditions to swing it in under the bar.
From the last couple of posts, I take it you would rather Antell continued in goals. Antell has made a number of errors and has continued between the sticks so surely Broony deserves a break and the chance to show what he can do over a run of games. At a time where we need experience on the park, surely Broony is one player you'd want playing.
Antell wasn't just dropped because of the third goal against QOS. His positioning and failure to put his hands up to attempt to stop the first goal was probably also taken into consideration.

There was a huge difference between the goal last week & this. Last week the ball was in the air for ages & there was no wind, this week Sheerin drove the ball over & the wind whipped it in! No blame in the keeper just piss poor defending! The manager was livid after the game about people not doing their job at corners

I would probably prefer Brown in goal as he will hopefully be the EF keeper for next season. Antell has made mistakes but he has been playing in front of a defence that was never the same two weeks in a row and would have put any 'keeper under pressure.
Much of the criticism was due to him being a loanee and therefore part of the cause of our terrible form.

We have this same thread week in, week out for the past 1000000000000 years. How about YOUS fu** off?

What is the point of making the comment 'stupidly named burger crew'?

People are always going on about these burger folk but they've never achieved much. At least when I made the call for solar panels on the stadium roof, in a profilic AFTN campaign years ago, Eugene caved and I suceeded with renewable energy, albeit in the form of a wind turbine.

Burger this, burger that...and yet all your kids can buy is still pies.

Blister in the sun
People are always going on about these burger folk but they've never achieved much. At least when I made the call for solar panels on the stadium roof, in a profilic AFTN campaign years ago, Eugene caved and I suceeded with renewable energy, albeit in the form of a wind turbine.

Err the objective of The Burger Crew is to go to away games as cheaply as possible and drink alcohol. This they succeed in doing - not always for kick-off mind.

So, in essence, this crew's aim is to turn up, sometimes late? If Steven Redgrave's crew had the same aim and ethic, they'd never have won any gold medals.

The poster above may be aggrieved as he/she has never been offered to be part of either crew nor have they been able to buy a burger at the New Bayview kiosk. It's disappointment all round, I'm afraid.

Bette Noir
Blister in the sun

Err the objective of The Burger Crew is to go to away games as cheaply as possible and drink alcohol. This they succeed in doing - not always for kick-off mind.

Sometimes the objective was just to get on a train to somewhere and get drunk. The game was frankly incidental. Like that time the game against Aberdeen was postponed on the Saturday and we "forgot" to not get on the train. Happy days.

I look forward to the day we can travel on trains powered by wind turbines tho, or as my granny calls them aeroplanes.

Pity leven hasn't got train station or we all be traveling together.

EastFife2012
BT

Nope freezing my b*lls of with the rest of the loyal souls.
"Poor with the ball"? I thought his distribution was good over all.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
And box to box yes, i stand by it - in the area every free kick and corner then sprinting back (like to see you try it)
Last 5 up front, not that we could get the ball out (did you stay that long?)

Daz Smith worked his arse off too, but (for me) they were the only two) folks are right to question Barr, Willis, Sammy (wouldn't add Keenan - good 2nd half)
Warm? Baffies? How dare you.
Verbal "what" - suggest you invest in a spell checker. (and a personality)
Erse. (sp)

Doug - you're trolling on Broony - surely?

You really are a sad little man aint ya.
Do you think you could make a post without calling someone a childish name?

Kids nowadays.

jeez.