Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pars R.I.P?

Looks like The Pars are doomed,likely to be liquidated instead of administration.

Re: Pars R.I.P?

Absolutely hellish if it happens. Terrible for Fife (and Scottish) Football.

The so called 'big' club in Fife have struggled to adjust to changing times, as far as football is concerned, and still try to hang on to the SPL tag.
Dwindling crowds coupled with large expenditure and poor business management have ultimately crippled the club.

The 'Pars Alive' fans have pulled together to raise money though their hardship funds to pay players wages, but with little success. Really feel sorry for them.

Think they owe close to £400,000 so it's not looking good for them. Really think their best chance of survival is Provost Leishman. Think he's pulling any strings he can and attending fans meetings to rally support.

Think RR are giving a % of their derby game gate money to the DAFC steering group to help with their plight. Good gesture from them, although the increased attendances at these games go along way to help their bank balance.

Alot of talk about their owner selling EEP for housing (not too sure about that though).

Just wonder if they'll see the season out? Should know in the next week or two.

From their official site:

Asked if there was a set target for the sum to be raised? Where do fans donate? Bob said we need to pay £135000 to HMRC, £35000 to players and staff, £95000 for wages on last day of this month. There will be income from two home games in March but there are other bills to pay.

Stephen said the VAT and tax payment record with HMRC was not good and that makes dealing with them all the more difficult. He said that there was support from Scottish Government's team set up for these kind of situations.

We need to complement funds raised by investments from others. Leishman said that a meeting tomorrow could give a better indication of what might need to be raised. When it is known then everybody would be invited to start giving to a Dunfermline Athletic Survival Scheme. The Pars Supporters Trust assured that they were ready to take up this task.

Leishman said it needed a combination of fans funds and funds from the business community. Stephen added that if a deal was done, there were business people ready to come in and pick up the bills.

Apparently £480k trade creditors

Sympathy,some for their fans but certainly not the board as its continual years of mismanagement trying to be big time charlies.No different to sevco only on a smaller scale and deserve anything that comes there way.I cant defer my tax so why should they

Laughable Leishman being the front for the steering group and being seen as some saviour.Hes part responsible as he sat on the BOD as the sepent,spent,spent

And as for "He said that there was support from Scottish Government's team set up for these kind of situations."

They need to butt out,theres more pressing problems than Dunfermline football club

Part of this sorry state of affairs can be laid at the door of the SPL and their stupid requirements for things like 10,000 all seater stadiums. Few clubs need or even would want such a stadium and was totally unrealistic and unnecessary in a country like Scotland. Clubs like the Pars of course had ambitions to dine at the top table and felt compelled to play the game in order to gain membership of that league. They (and others) are now saddled with the consequences and it is affecting all of Scottish football as a result. Sadly it may take a club of Dunfermline's standing (nobody cared about Gretna), or even more so Hearts, to go to the wall for this madness to stop and a proper rethink of the game here to begin.

Been saying for weeks its the beginning of the end for the Pars. Sadly for them there were only a few folk prepared to question the David Murray-esque web of financial mismanagement until its was too late.

They will survive in some form as even if liquidated they have a bedrock of support, successful local business people willing to contribute and a plan for Trust led fan ownership ready to roll.

Another example of the dysfunctional relationship between football, business and the banks in Scottish Fitba.

Not looking good for them now. I see Raith and Cowden are rallying round to offer financial support in the way of sharing gate money etc ( weird world, the Linos offering money they don't have!). Is there anything East Fife could do? Or should we just look after ourselves and sod them? Would we just be throwing away our money on a lost cause?

Mad Man
Not looking good for them now. I see Raith and Cowden are rallying round to offer financial support in the way of sharing gate money etc ( weird world, the Linos offering money they don't have!). Is there anything East Fife could do? Or should we just look after ourselves and sod them? Would we just be throwing away our money on a lost cause?

we could take ryan wallace off their wage bill for them.

I would have Wallace back in a flash, he was well liked around the club and scored goals like deuchar did for us and would take either Rutkinwicz or Potter for experience for our central defence too as we are struggling for a form and fit defender in that area

but will they want to come to us its upto them and the manager.

Driving through to Coatbridge today listening to Radio Scotland I GUFFAWED at an email sent in to off the ball by a Raith fan. He said he had no sympathy for Dunfermline because they had gotten themselves into this situation by paying their players too much because they thought they were a big club when in fact they were not a big club.
Talk about pots and kettles!! Take a look in the mirror pal!!!!

Ha, ha they'll be next to go the same way. And when they do I suggest we send off emails en masse saying exactly the same thing.

Interesting to see the attendance at Starks Park was only 3773, for a game which could possibly be the last between the two. I had seen a rallying call for Pars supporters to turn out in numbers and people saying my car is in the garage I can't go etc etc, sums it up for me. To even admit that you aren't going because of that is piss poor. I feel for the diehards who have tried their best over the years but the situation needed to be addressed long before now. Just highlights the danger of having a club where one person has the majority of shares in the club.

Yes, not a great show but like ourselves a variety of factors have sucked the enthusiasm out of some of their support.They had not that many more than us for our "Return of Willy Gray" game at San Starko. Rovers offer of paying the pars for every away fan over the 2000 mark who attended was not troubled though I believe they will still make a donation.

Sparky
Yes, not a great show but like ourselves a variety of factors have sucked the enthusiasm out of some of their support.They had not that many more than us for our "Return of Willy Gray" game at San Starko. Rovers offer of paying the pars for every away fan over the 2000 mark who attended was not troubled though I believe they will still make a donation.

In today's Courier it gives the away attendance as 1,951 and a Raith spokesman confirming that as 2000 wasn't breached they would not be donating to the fund.

Well to be honest I don't want to see any Fife team go under. I know it is tempting to want to see the Lino mob out on their erse. But to be fair we still want to play them every now and then. As for the pars they are a funny bunch speaking to some of their fans they have given up ! Or at least show apathy towards the situation. Now for clubs you would really like to see go bust
1. Servco - just for laughs
2. The other mob of clowns from that place- just to shut Charlie nicolas
3. Airdrie
4. Hearts for the sake of their fans to get rid of that bellend romanov
5. Brechin to save us from watching push when ever they turn up
6. St Mirren cos they had their 5 mins of fame yesterday
7. Dundee and Falkirk as they have some pathetic hatred for people from the kingdom
8. Arsenal ladies so we can get their players on free's and have a chance next season

Sparky

4,812 was the attendance when Rovers played East Fife on Saturday 3rd January 2009

And that was for a 2nd division match. The first game at Prat Street that season had a crowd very similar to the Dunfermline match I recall.

BT
Well to be honest I don't want to see any Fife team go under. I know it is tempting to want to see the Lino mob out on their erse. But to be fair we still want to play them every now and then. As for the pars they are a funny bunch speaking to some of their fans they have given up ! Or at least show apathy towards the situation. Now for clubs you would really like to see go bust
1. Servco - just for laughs
2. The other mob of clowns from that place- just to shut Charlie nicolas
3. Airdrie
4. Hearts for the sake of their fans to get rid of that bellend romanov
5. Brechin to save us from watching push when ever they turn up
6. St Mirren cos they had their 5 mins of fame yesterday
7. Dundee and Falkirk as they have some pathetic hatred for people from the kingdom
8. Arsenal ladies so we can get their players on free's and have a chance next season

I would add Dundee Utd and Livingston. And Stranraer to ensure we don't have to go into the play-offs.

Oh, maybe the playoff isn't all that bad. I heard Mr Charles Green on the radio last night, speaking quite passionately about his belief that if a team finished in a promotion place, they should get promotion. From SFL3 to SFL1, if the number of leagues is reduced.

Same logic for the SFL3 playoff then. We get in the playoff, beat two lower league sides, and Fife derbies next year!

---------------------

Tongue-in-cheek aside, I hope the reason for the slow progress on reconstruction is because the SFL are fully occupied with saving DAFC, and at some point will announce that last summers Rangers episode set a precedent that DAFC and other clubs can follow.

It's no problem really, just ditch the debt and start up again in div 3 next season as The Dunfermline. Or just The Pars FC. They can keep the strips and the badge as well if they like.

And the ground, those cups they won in the 60's are safe too.