Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
todays game

Is there any doubt over todays game,forecast is terrible this pm with snow and rain forecast.Having had a wasted journey to brechin recently would hope theres some sort of plan in place,any info folks?

Re: todays game

Nothing on the Albion Rovers official site, so we have to assume a pitch inspection isn't even scheduled and the pitch must be playable at the moment. The problem is, though, that the weather front fast approaching could well change the situation rapidly. One of those unpredictable situations unfortunately. Only Albion Rovers will be able to make a judgement on how the forecast rain and snow might affect a playing surface that is traditionally a mudbath.

Thing is you can't postpone a game based on a forecast and how it might affect the pitch. If the pitch is playable at 3 (or 2 or1) you just have to get on with it.

If things worsen or becomes dangerous then the ref can abandon, frustrating but you know shit happens.

Remember the game at Bayview against Killie 20 odd years ago? Abandoned about 10 minutes from time when we were leading. Tthat was a pisser but we did win the replayed game though.

Quite a blizzard around harthill area. Another call off due maybe?

Weather is horrendous. High chance of this game being off.

I am oin Newhouse about to head through and it is a white out, don't think game will be on.

Game called off at 2.35 !

Match POSTPONED. Just read on Twitter and heard open BBC Scotland Open All Mics.

Bugger, the guys on the supporters tandem will be gutted. They'll be arriving in Coatbridge about now.

Didn't have the opportunity to see the pitch myself, but huge snowflakes were falling in Coatbridge at half past two as we made our way to the ground. The lines would obviously have been obliterated, so I wasn't surprised to be told the game was off.
Travelling to an away game only to have it called off not long before kick off was a new experience for me at Brechin . . now that's two in a row!
The difference this time, however, was that the situation was outwith the control of the home club.

Travelled to Coatbridge today and when i arrived off the train thought the game wasnt playable with snow and rain falling but got told by many of the home support going to the grund it was off. I didnt get to see the pitch either though the referee made a good call to postpone the match before they kicked off in that weather though they should of had a earlier call for fans travelling through here like. I had to spend the day enjoying st particks day in the town and went for a mcdoanlds before heading off home, where a fight broke out outside mcdoanlds for entertainment with many celtic fans from the festival...shocking people why i dont support the OF full of glory hunters

Cambuslang Fifer
Travelled to Coatbridge today and when i arrived off the train thought the game wasnt playable with snow and rain falling but got told by many of the home support going to the grund it was off. I didnt get to see the pitch either though the referee made a good call to postpone the match before they kicked off in that weather though they should of had a earlier call for fans travelling through here like. I had to spend the day enjoying st particks day in the town and went for a mcdoanlds before heading off home, where a fight broke out outside mcdoanlds for entertainment with many celtic fans from the festival...shocking people why i dont support the OF full of glory hunters

Is St Patricks day no tomorrow.... Irrrespctive.... Feckin gutted it was off today... No way should it, be called off.. 15.00 it was raining not snowing... Gutted

Mucky Sock
Cambuslang Fifer

Is St Patricks day no tomorrow.... Irrrespctive.... Feckin gutted it was off today... No way should it, be called off.. 15.00 it was raining not snowing... Gutted

Thats what i thought there was markets and stalls and people dressed in celtic colours in the town along with their mascot and irish music and bands couldnt help but notice all this as i was travelling by train. what a fud of a town and same here that it didnt go ahead but the weather was rather heavy though.

Cambuslang Fifer
Mucky Sock
Cambuslang Fifer

Thats what i thought there was markets and stalls and people dressed in celtic colours in the town along with their mascot and irish music and bands couldnt help but notice all this as i was travelling by train. what a fud of a town and same here that it didnt go ahead but the weather was rather heavy though.

St Patricks Day is celebrated pretty much on a global basis these days thanks to clever marketing by Guinness. I don't think it has anything to do with one-eyed sectarianism in places like Paris, Rome, Amsterdam etc etc.