Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Albion Rovers Game Rearranged

The game against Albion Rovers has been rearranged for Tuesday 19th March, with a 19.45 kick off at Coatbridge.

Re: Albion Rovers Game Rearranged

WHY DO WE DO THIS TO OURSELVES ??????

A free week to prepare for the huge game against Stranraer.

But oh no, that would never do.

Now we have a midweek away trip (always that wee bit more difficult)together with the added risk of suspensions and injuries.

And Rovers remain in the last chance saloon so will still be fighting for their lives. In two or three weeks they may have been finished off by others, but now we have to do the job ourselves.

Speculation, but consecutive call offs may worry the manager. Players can lose match fitness fairly quickly. Also not a positive psychological message to defer a game against the bottom club in the hope that other teams soften them up. It implies we are scared of them ant the team just above us. We need to do this for ourselves and get some momentum by taking these fuckers out asap. Points in the bag over games in hand every time.

It's in the SFL rule book. Although it does change for games at certain times of the season, certainly at this stage of the campaign any postponed match should be played on the first available date - and unfortunately for you guys that's this Tuesday.

Lose to Albion Rovers its a bad decision but win the game and we then go into the Stranraer game having moved above them in the table. It would also end our poor run of form and give the players confidence for the biggest game of the season next Saturday. Hopefully come Saturday night we are three points ahead of Stranraer rather than 6 points behind. C'mon the Fife

Going by the forecast it may be in doubt anyway. Heavy Snow for tomorrow and Tues. Nut sure how far west its to land though.

Sparky
Going by the forecast it may be in doubt anyway. Heavy Snow for tomorrow and Tues. Nut sure how far west its to land though.

I've looked at the forecast also and it doesnt look great. Can we get a decision before 5pm tomorrow please, so that we dont all travel through for nothing again which would be particularly crap on week night?!!

Surely the game isn't going ahead tonight? Had a look on the SFL website and there is no mention of a pitch inspection taking place whatsoever That can't be right, surely? All the other Scottish fixtures have been postponed (no surprise) due to waterlogged pitches or snow. Last thing we want is another wasted journey through to Coatbridge.

Albion website states pitch playable at 1pm and no inspection planned unless weather worsens,good luck to all that are going but i can see another late call off,i've been stung twice this season so wont be chancing it for a 3rd time

Pitch inspection at 3.30pm

this game has 6-2 written all over it. I hear Sean Policecar will be a trialist tonight.

Game on,passed pitch inspection

Noisy Crossbar
this game has 6-2 written all over it. I hear Sean Policecar will be a trialist tonight.

Funny I was just thinking about earlier! A bright point in an otherwise shite season!

Back in Newhouse, and weather is worse than it was on Saturday on the drive through. Unless Coatbridge is enjoying a micro climate 3 miles away, I think this will be another wasted journey.

Glad to hear the team showed a bit of fighting spirit.I feared the worst when i saw we had lost the first goal.Anything can happen in a game played in conditions like that.You have to question why the game had to be played last night,when there is 6 free mid weeks to the end of the season.A crowd of 206 tells its own story,summer football at part time level must be as important as league reconstruction.Weather to deteriote on friday and saturday,and disruption forecast,our cup final on saturday might be in doubt.

We would be 3 weeks into the season if it was summer football

I was thinking that about summer football after i posted, but sure feels like winter.However, how can we expect football fans to attend games in conditions like that.Surely it would have made sense to wait a few weeks,to re arrange a mid week game,when the weather has improved.I would love east fife to try arranging a game for a friday night charging £10 and £5.Playing football on a tuesday night in weather like that will only drive fans away from the game.The standard is poor enough,never mind playing in driving snow and gale force winds.

The club ahas been trying arrange Friday night games but the police won't let them!They claimn that if they allowed EF to do it then they would have to let Dunfy & RR as well and they can't police games their on Friday night as they're all numpties!

Liam Anderson
The club ahas been trying arrange Friday night games but the police won't let them!They claimn that if they allowed EF to do it then they would have to let Dunfy & RR as well and they can't police games their on Friday night as they're all numpties!

Friday night football at New Bayview in the 3rd Division must be a possibility. Do we need police permission for crowds of 200!!!

You think we'd ask the police for permission to play Friday night football if we expected our crowd to suddenly half in size? What is the point in such a self loathing post?

Sensible Fifer
You think we'd ask the police for permission to play Friday night football if we expected our crowd to suddenly half in size? What is the point in such a self loathing post?

Well Mr Sensible what crowds do you think we will get in the 3rd Div?. In 2 seasons we have went from a hardcore 600 to 400.

When we were in the 3rd division a few years back, i remember a friday night game against east stirling, think the crowd was larger than normal.Im sure we won 5 nil.Not sure why the police would put a stop to friday night football,as its been a long time since i seen a policeman or woman at bayview on a saturday.IM sure even guys that play football on a saturday would go to a game on a friday.

On the game East Fife played well in pretty dreadful conditions. The team showed real spirit, effort and dig. We didnt take out chances built heads did nit go down and the fact their goalie was man of the match after only playing 45mins tells a story. Willis goal was an absolute belter.

I liked the players applauding the 60 odd Fife fans who'd made the journey with a kind of " you must be mental" expression. Apparently it was -4.

Re The the polis veto of Friday night games is that serious? What the feck has it got to do with them? Do you really need police permission fir a 2 div fitba game or are you just meant to consult them. They dont attend at games anymore and traffic management out of the stadium is done by stewards. At best a few Specials would be required.
And when was the last time there was anything remotely like a bit of trouble at Bayview that required Police intervention?
I think the club should take this up with the local Councillors, particularly Cllr Rodger since most of the other Levenmouth ones are OF, Rovers or Pars fans,(allegedly).
Policing is meant to be local and the person in charge in Levenmoouth is menat to be able to make decisons for that area without it setting a precedent for Raith or Dunf who whether we like it or not have a bigger support and come up against teams with a more volatile away element than Shuggy and the Dug fi Brechin

Alternative match report (and minor complaint about Scotrail) here.

grim
Alternative match report (and minor complaint about Scotrail) here.

Good stuff!

It's about time the truth was told regarding police forces up and down the country and football clubs.It is EASY MONEY for the police week after week after week.Just go on any footy forum and read posts about fans being lifted for very minor offences.Keep the number of arrests high to justify the police being there week after week after week,which means buckets of money going to police forces week after week after week.It really is a scandal,and one that WILL be exposed by the media (hopefully soon)

Maybe the Polis thing is due to the imminent replacement of Fife Finest with Strathclyde Police force.They dont do Friday night fitba in any circumstances.

Expect lots of anti sectarian , knife crime and gang busting activity around the toon. Hundreds of 50 year old YBT, BHD and TBR will be expecting the knock on 1st April.