Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Saturday's game v Stranraer

With Saturdays game being so big in our fight to stave off relegation we need as many bums in seats as possible and as many fans backing the team as possible. So can the board of directors recognise this and reduce admission fees to make this happen,
Maybe let children in for free or a pound and Over 16s and pensioners in for a fiver. It might work - It might not but it is high time they started using some business sense to look for ways to get fans through the turnstyles.

Re: Saturday's game v Stranraer

here here!!!!

be fantastic to atleast get around the 800 mark....but very much doubt it

fifeno1
With Saturdays game being so big in our fight to stave off relegation we need as many bums in seats as possible and as many fans backing the team as possible. So can the board of directors recognise this and reduce admission fees to make this happen,
Maybe let children in for free or a pound and Over 16s and pensioners in for a fiver. It might work - It might not but it is high time they started using some business sense to look for ways to get fans through the turnstyles.

Without sounding overly negative i doubt we`d would get much through the doors if they only charged a fiver!
We`re about as bad as it gets and only place we`re heading is the third.
Sad times and huge changes required on and off the pitch if we are to move forward but i fear its too late.

Realist
fifeno1

Without sounding overly negative i doubt we`d would get much through the doors if they only charged a fiver!
Sad times and huge changes required on and off the pitch if we are to move forward but i fear its too late.

The Samaritans' number is 01383 722222 for Fife.

For the rest of us, this is a big game on Saturday and I hope that we can get a decent crowd. Why not ask local radio/newspapers to put out a story that kids go free this Saturday? it's not too late.

Bette Noir
Realist
fifeno1

For the rest of us, this is a big game on Saturday and I hope that we can get a decent crowd. Why not ask local radio/newspapers to put out a story that kids go free this Saturday? it's not too late.

Sorry Betty but i fail to see the relevance of Samaritans phone number?
Then again maybe they should be issuing it to those daft enough to pay £13 to watch that shite.

A big game on Saturday you say? So what makes it any bigger than say... the last 6 games we`ve played?
Are the players suddenly going to grow testicles and show a bit of fight or are they more likely to lay down and surrender like they have done for most of this season?

Do tell Betty as i`m dying to know why you think we`ll get a good turnout this Saturday?

Realist,
Which category are you in ?

1. Daft enough to pay £13 (or the equivelant)
2. Don't attend but comment on players and performance.

Not The Other chairman
Realist,
Which category are you in ?

1. Daft enough to pay £13 (or the equivelant)
2. Don't attend but comment on players and performance.

Not The Other Chairman.

1. Where is your usual "disclaimer" after you post?
Most unusual for you.
2. 1 & 2 both apply. I used to be daft enough and feel i still have the ability to comment based on what i have seen this season.

Hope that is all ok?

That is perfectly o.k. with me. You are one of the group who have walked away but from that point onwards have an opinion on something you haven't seen and want to explain repeatedly why they don't attend

Disclaimer,
Realist's choice and opinion is one not necessarily shared with me or the Trust.

Not The Other chairman
That is perfectly o.k. with me. You are one of the group who have walked away but from that point onwards have an opinion on something you haven't seen and want to explain repeatedly why they don't attend

Disclaimer,
Realist's choice and opinion is one not necessarily shared with me or the Trust.

Walked away recently.
And yes i feel i do have that right. Do you disagree?
Do you feel that because i no longer wish to attend EF games that i no longer have right to opinion?
I`m merely asking the question based on your response.

Your disclaimer? Do you speak on behalf of all the trust members?

Not The Other chairman

Disclaimer,

What is happening now is the same as happened last month, and the month before, and the month before. You don't have to be a 'real fan' to know that. You don't have to watch the same old same old, week after week, to have the 20-20 vision you must have.
In other words: don't tell us that we're giving an opinion on something we haven't seen. We've seen the same shit you have seen.

fan
Not The Other chairman

Disclaimer,

What is happening now is the same as happened last month, and the month before, and the month before. You don't have to be a 'real fan' to know that. You don't have to watch the same old same old, week after week, to have the 20-20 vision you must have.
In other words: don't tell us that we're giving an opinion on something we haven't seen. We've seen the same shit you have seen.

Without sounding overly negative???

What a f*****g tube you are!!! Bet everyone in your house has glasses always 1/2 empty listening to you everyday. Awa and bile yur heed. Negative thoughts produce negative results. Stay away, we don't need your type at East Fife games.

Fifey

What a f*****g tube you are!!! Bet everyone in your house has glasses always 1/2 empty listening to you everyday. Awa and bile yur heed. Negative thoughts produce negative results. Stay away, we don't need your type at East Fife games.

You need to learn some manners and improve your grammar.

You are entitled to walk away,you are entitled to tell everyone regularly why you did it and you are entitled to pass comment on any game you haven't seen. I simply passed comment that that is what you are doing. I didn't criticise or say you couldn't do it.
You are also entitled to call anyone who still attends daft.
I cannot make the game this weekend but would appreciate it if you could write an imaginary match report for me.

As for "fan" leaping to your defence, you have a cracking wee pal there. Any view I may have on your friendship with fan is not necessarily shared with any other member of the Trust

p.s. I don't speak for anyone in the Trust on this issue which is why the disclaimers were written.

Back to the point then are the board willing to do anything to get fans through the gates????
If not then whats the point, they would be better just all resigning.

Fifey

He is staying away as are hundreds of others

800 on Saturday be lucky to get 500

I also meant to add that I had contacted the club by e-mail on addressing this matter and have yet to receive any reply to my e-mail which says it all really.

Back Up
Fifey

800 on Saturday be lucky to get 500[/quote

Why are you laughing? Are you pleased about East Fife not getting a better support?

fifeno1
I also meant to add that I had contacted the club by e-mail on addressing this matter and have yet to receive any reply to my e-mail which says it all really.

When did you send your email?

Why are you laughing? Are you pleased about East Fife not getting a better support?

Not at all i`m laughing at someones hope of getting 800 on Saturday which quite frankly is pie in the sky

EF supporter
fifeno1

When did you send your email?

Sent the E-mail yesterday morning, And quite frankly I shouldnt need to be sending anything to the club asking them to try and get fans through the gates as any true director that is an East Fife fan at heart should be trying themselves.

Realist
Bette Noir
Realist
fifeno1

Sorry Betty but i fail to see the relevance of Samaritans phone number?
Then again maybe they should be issuing it to those daft enough to pay £13 to watch that shite.

A big game on Saturday you say? So what makes it any bigger than say... the last 6 games we`ve played?
Are the players suddenly going to grow testicles and show a bit of fight or are they more likely to lay down and surrender like they have done for most of this season?

Do tell Betty as i`m dying to know why you think we`ll get a good turnout this Saturday?

Samaritan phone number was provided because you sounded depressed. I didn't say I think we will get a big crowd, I said I hope we get a big crowd. The rest you have answered yourself; we haven't been picking up many points lately so this is a huge game for us against the team we are fighting to avoid the relegation play-off position.

Back Up
Fifey

800 on Saturday be lucky to get 500

Back up. You think the people at the game dont know how much is at the game? We "true" supporters can see that, we dont need some numpty to post on here that they are staying away and then keep repeating week after week. Ok, say their piece and dont come back, fine, but by not coming back they should then refrain from commenting on East Fife games.

Lol at Fifey. A real hardcore supporter or a complete numpty?

deary me

Deary you. Very sophisticated reply, tells its own story!! Sad really when one is criticized for supporting his team through thick and thin. Ive been reading the posts for some time now and everyone is entitled of course to go or not to go. If we all did not go when the performances was bad, then what? Some of us will go no matter what, some of us will pick and choose and some will not come back. Ive been supporting for a very long time and seen a good few ups and downs. Heres an example of an "unhappy" fan from the Dave Clarke era. He said he went to Ibrox for our first league game after promotion. He said he would never go back as he knew from the kick off that we were playing "defensive" We lost 3-0. True to his word, he has never been back. What would we give to be playing in the top league now and then playing safe at Cellic park etc?? Goes to show that we footie fans can be so fickle.

I know another guy that goes to all away games but not to home games because its 10pounds for pensioners.

I have no interest in criticizing people that stay away, thats their choice. Would be great to see them come back ofcourse. All i ask is that they in turn do not criticize the fulltime supporters who go through thick and thin!

C U ALL NEXT GAME.

I`ve not been in weeks but i`ll be back on Sat. Enjoyed the break from East Fife but massive game 2moro and hope we are fired up and can take the 3 points.

If everyone stayed away then the club would fold and there wouldnt be a club left for the complainers to criticise - simple point but true. So the stay away fans should be truly grateful that that are still some die hard supporters left, all be it not many, who choose not to give up the fight.

Realist
Not The Other chairman

Disclaimer,

Walked away recently.
And yes i feel i do have that right. Do you disagree?
Do you feel that because i no longer wish to attend EF games that i no longer have right to opinion?
I`m merely asking the question based on your response.

Your disclaimer? Do you speak on behalf of all the trust members?

So why are you making such a meal of it then? You've walked away, some may say that you are letting your team down but there you go.

Come on East Fife get a grip lower the prices and lets get as much fans in as possible huge game on Sat

A bit vocal support would nae go a miss either, about time we brought a bit excitement back to Bayview like the away games used to be every week.

Fifey
deary me

Deary you. Very sophisticated reply, tells its own story!! Sad really when one is criticized for supporting his team through thick and thin. Ive been reading the posts for some time now and everyone is entitled of course to go or not to go. If we all did not go when the performances was bad, then what? Some of us will go no matter what, some of us will pick and choose and some will not come back. Ive been supporting for a very long time and seen a good few ups and downs. Heres an example of an "unhappy" fan from the Dave Clarke era. He said he went to Ibrox for our first league game after promotion. He said he would never go back as he knew from the kick off that we were playing "defensive" We lost 3-0. True to his word, he has never been back. What would we give to be playing in the top league now and then playing safe at Cellic park etc?? Goes to show that we footie fans can be so fickle.

I know another guy that goes to all away games but not to home games because its 10pounds for pensioners.

I have no interest in criticizing people that stay away, thats their choice. Would be great to see them come back ofcourse. All i ask is that they in turn do not criticize the fulltime supporters who go through thick and thin!

C U ALL NEXT GAME.

I think the issue with you Fifey was your childish idiotic rant calling people fud, tube, numpty etc.

Try growing up before making juvenile posts like the ones above.

That is all.

L_fifer
Come on East Fife get a grip lower the prices and lets get as much fans in as possible huge game on Sat

A bit vocal support would nae go a miss either, about time we brought a bit excitement back to Bayview like the away games used to be every week.

You know even if there was free admission we wouldn't get 800.

No comment from me on most of this thread. I just want to add my voice to the calls to get the under 16's in for free. The rest of us have to pay, unfortunately, to keep the show on the road.

But the under 16's. How much does the club make off them? It's not easy to estimate how many there are at the average game, as we're all in the one stand. When I attend, I see mostly old duffers like myself. Would an estimate of 50 kids per game be reasonable? If it's a fiver a head, that's only £250.

If we let the kids in free, we'd be building the support for the future. I believe it would attract a few adults too, because taxi-driver Dad doesn't want to sit outside in the car, does he?

Could the Trust, Supporters Club, or anyone in a position to do so, find out how much the club takes from Under 16 tickets?

Would the board let the kids in free for a game if we made up the money somehow?

Could we, the supporters, find the money to make it happen?

I pledge £50.

fifeno1

wonder if this could work for one game to see if we can attract more than this 500 less we have had in recent weeks at bayview and if so we can use this rule in future of needing the support to support our team through this relgation battle.

Im in favour of this person quote! it sounds like a good idea

Peacemaker
Fifey
deary me

C U ALL NEXT GAME.

I think the issue with you Fifey was your childish idiotic rant calling people fud, tube, numpty etc.

Try growing up before making juvenile posts like the ones above.

That is all.

Youl never be a peacemaker until you get your facts right. Numpty was the word i used. The others?, not!! I stand by my "NUMPTY" use for fans that continually post that they are not coming back. And also to you for getting facts wrong and taking their side. Have a nice day at Tesco with "the boss" come Sat afternoon.

You seem to think Fifey that those who don't go to games spend the afternoon shopping with the missus. Some of us lead more interesting and exciting lives that don't revolve around East Fife and Tesco believe it or not.

It's Sainsbury's if you must know.

TN.
Tesco are coming to Leven. Sainsbury is nearer the ground though and if she is in the clothes section you can nip across and see 10 mins or so. That way you may get in for free!! Problem solved.
AND, for the ones who say the 13 quid is too dear to watch that shit, then come at half time, pay 6 pound Fifty and you get half the shit for half the price, no brainer.

Eugene, put it to the board. Half price tickets to watch 1/2 the shit for shit supporters.

Ha, ha I've been keeping my eyes closed for half the time at Bayview for years now.

Can I get a refund please?

Fifey, you are a thick arsehole.
And I go every week!

What nice supporters we have.

Brilliant, Eh!