Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Game on or off??

With the weather being pretty bad down Dumfries area will there be any chance this game is in doubt with regards to the Stranraer team getting up here?
Pretty windy and some flurries up here but I can see no reason the pitch won't be playable.
Anyone know if an early call is being made?

Re: Game on or off??

it's bad where I am but still planning to come through. It would be good if we could know either way.

Pitch inspection for 10am

I don't think any of the Stranraer team actually come from the south-west. Mostly Glasgow I think, so only big problem for travelling would be club officials. And their supporters of course!

Game off.

Eh? For what reason?

Lesley
Game off.

where does it say that?

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/pitch-inspection--postponements/

Game OFF

Today’s game against Stranraer is off.

Because of the weather conditions we called in a referee to check the conditions and in view of the strong gales he decided it should not go ahead.

wee man
http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news/article/pitch-inspection--postponements/

Game OFF

Today’s game against Stranraer is off.

Because of the weather conditions we called in a referee to check the conditions and in view of the strong gales he decided it should not go ahead.

Maybe you could pass on your good management sense to Brechin City?

I don't think Brechin City need any management lessons on anything from East Fife, that late call-off notwithstanding.

Grim Reaper
I don't think Brechin City need any management lessons on anything from East Fife, that late call-off notwithstanding.

Post of the week. Nail on the head and all that.

Grim Reaper

What is being laughed at?

EF supporter

Presumably the idea that EF could give Brechin any advice given our respective positions in the league?

Simple Simon
EF supporter

Presumably the idea that EF could give Brechin any advice given our respective positions in the league?

And what exactly, does the position in the league have to do with game call off's?