Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
reserve league cup game one

In the reserve league cup section tnite first game of eight( four home four away) teams Livingston ,Cowdenbeath,Raith rovers,Stenhousmuir,and Esat fife .
East fife v Raith rovers, after several canx games the full timers finally got started in the cup section with a good mix of youth and experience East Fife ran out winners of 5.0. Shaun Jamieson hatrick, colin samuel and robert sloan on the score sheet.
A good start to the cup section led by coach Colin Martin and assisted by Alex Blyth

Re: reserve league cup game one

Well done Colin and Alex ? Any chance they could win the rest of the reserve games. The bottom line is eastfife have a coach that is the size of 2 football fields . There is no kids coming through because this clown does not have a clue on how to coach . When was the last time we had a youth player make it into the 1st team.? Cowdenbeath ,raith ,Dunfermline all have good coaching staff and that is what it take for clubs like us to survive. I have seen the reserves a few times now and my best pal son says the full time set up is shocking. When did any of these guys play at professional level? sorry but they know nothing unless they have played at some sort

anychance they could win the rest of the reserve games? are you aware that it is all first team players that play the reserve games? full timers dont get a chance at all so how can you blame the coaches for the full timers? you'll be lucky if billy brown knows any of there names cos none of them get a chance to prove themselves, look at where the first team are in the league, maybe they should focus on staying up instead of playing the reserve games and getting beat most of the time. the full timers coach has coached at many clubs im lead to believe so how can you say hes a bad coach? he only gets to train them not his fault the first team dont even have an interest in the youth.

Good to see Jamieson get a hat-trick.
He hasn't really had a run in the first team but looking at his record before he came here he knows where the net is.
I'd like to see a front three of him and McManus with Wardlaw just behind.

Big Fan
When was the last time we had a youth player make it into the 1st team.?

We have had a few players come through youth set up to play in first team.

Past few years have had Cargill, McManus and at the moment we have Collier and Brown who have both started this year and Martin, Newbigging who have made sub appearances last year.

Most of the full timers are only 18/19 so they still have time on their side.

Big Fan
Well done Colin and Alex ? Any chance they could win the rest of the reserve games. The bottom line is eastfife have a coach that is the size of 2 football fields . There is no kids coming through because this clown does not have a clue on how to coach . When was the last time we had a youth player make it into the 1st team.? Cowdenbeath ,raith ,Dunfermline all have good coaching staff and that is what it take for clubs like us to survive. I have seen the reserves a few times now and my best pal son says the full time set up is shocking. When did any of these guys play at professional level? sorry but they know nothing unless they have played at some sort

U talk lot eh shite pal.....can i just say u dont have to play at the highest level to be a good coach, ur comment is exactly whats wrong with scottish football, the SFA continually put ex players through their coaching badges without them actually having to do any coaching. A knowing of the game and being tactically sound, knowing good practices......the ability to actually COACH players and teach them, improve on their weaknesses, applaud good play and teach football to be played on the ground.

End of the day this is only the 3rd season the youth set up has been in place, the first year the full timers are at the club.....i think its going well all things considering.

And by your comments it sounds like u know the coach and have some sort of personal gripe with the man......can i just say your comments r not needed in the slightest

Cargill never made the grade on a regular basis and is out the game,brown and collier are not 1st team players and have not been involved all season so that answers that one. McManus is the only who has come through and made it as a footballer. What the guy is saying is true there is no young players breaking into the 1st team on a regular basis. I have watched there reserves also and it's been a mix of both youth and 1st team unless the 1st team game has been cancelled. I'm afraid to say no one has stood out from the young ones apart from brown.

C
Big Fan

U talk lot eh shite pal.....can i just say u dont have to play at the highest level to be a good coach, ur comment is exactly whats wrong with scottish football, the SFA continually put ex players through their coaching badges without them actually having to do any coaching. A knowing of the game and being tactically sound, knowing good practices......the ability to actually COACH players and teach them, improve on their weaknesses, applaud good play and teach football to be played on the ground.

End of the day this is only the 3rd season the youth set up has been in place, the first year the full timers are at the club.....i think its going well all things considering.

And by your comments it sounds like u know the coach and have some sort of personal gripe with the man......can i just say your comments r not needed in the slightest

Looks like someone has sour grapes Colin lol. I don't think he means anything by it calling you the size of 2 football pitches lol. Good post though

Only on AFTN can a 5-0 win against your biggest rivals cause a negative reaction.

brian mcneill
In the reserve league cup section tnite first game of eight( four home four away) teams Livingston ,Cowdenbeath,Raith rovers,Stenhousmuir,and Esat fife .
East fife v Raith rovers, after several canx games the full timers finally got started in the cup section with a good mix of youth and experience East Fife ran out winners of 5.0. Shaun Jamieson hatrick, colin samuel and robert sloan on the score sheet.
A good start to the cup section led by coach Colin Martin and assisted by Alex Blyth

nice win against the lino second team to start things off and its been a while for sloan to score this season hopefully he can get his fitness back to what it was last season and get a few games in the side.
does anyone know who we play next? or is the draw still yet to be annouced?