Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Jags want bobby barr

Read in a local newspaper in Glasgow that Partick Thistle are running the rule over former livi midfielder Bobby Barr, the Jags have invited the 24 year old to Firhill for training to assess the former lions kid who is currently playing for second division side East Fife. So i doubt we will keep hold onto the kid next season as clubs are waiting to sign him at the end of the season hope its no true, hes our Ivan Sproule at Bayview.

Re: Jags want bobby barr

Barr is 2nd division at best.

Barr has not kicked a ball for us in 2 months and at best the way he is playing 3rd division standard. I would not keep him and let I'm go where he wants because in my opinion a waste of a good wage.

'Partick Thistle have handed a trial to former Livingston midfielder Bobby Barr with a view to possibly signing him on a contract.

The 24-year-old, who has recently being plying his trade with East Fife, has been at Firhill this past week looking to impress Jags boss Craig Hinchcliffe into offering him a deal with the First Division title hopefuls.
And with Hinchcliffe admitting that Barr "has shown up well" so far there is a chance he will be kept on'.

This is not the distraction we need if he is to step up and repeat the performances we know he is capable of, in time to help East Fife in the run in.
He already 'has shown up well' so lets hope the foot does not come completely off the gas!

Barr to Partick is a done deal.

Can someone tell me why a signed East Fife player, who we are paying full-time wages to, is having trials with Partick Thistle at this moment in time?

In the first place why anyone would need a trial to play for Partick Thistle is a bit weird. Surely they would have seen him play games for us and Livi so would know what he can do. We used to let players go and have trials for big clubs, proper big clubs like Spurs and Liverpool which is fair enough, but Partick Thistle?

If he got injured in these trials and missed the crucial upcoming games then we would have looked pretty stupid. They should have been told to get lost frankly but nothing East Fife's hierarchy does these days surprises me.

Or can Bobby Barr just do as he pleases?

MMMmmm....dont suppose he'll be wanting to get injured then playing for us. not great news

Thistle have signed Jordan McMillan ex par providing clearance is given.
Where is the news that Barr has signed? Is this a wind up? You got me!!

Grim Reaper
Can someone tell me why a signed East Fife player, who we are paying full-time wages to, is having trials with Partick Thistle at this moment in time?

In the first place why anyone would need a trial to play for Partick Thistle is a bit weird. Surely they would have seen him play games for us and Livi so would know what he can do. We used to let players go and have trials for big clubs, proper big clubs like Spurs and Liverpool which is fair enough, but Partick Thistle?

If he got injured in these trials and missed the crucial upcoming games then we would have looked pretty stupid. They should have been told to get lost frankly but nothing East Fife's hierarchy does these days surprises me.

Or can Bobby Barr just do as he pleases?

I spoke to barr about the fact we could be playing rangers next season at bayview after one of our games at home and he said he wasnt realising the prospect of playing the sveco if we stay up and that he waiting to see his options. so he must want another challenge at a higher level and partick could be playing SPL football next year but i doubt he can cut it there with his performance now dipped in recent moneths with us

or i think he wants to stay local as he is from glasgow and partick can offer him a challenge in the SPL maybe thats what he is thinking.

Pat
Barr has not kicked a ball for us in 2 months and at best the way he is playing 3rd division standard. I would not keep him and let I'm go where he wants because in my opinion a waste of a good wage.

Partick Thistle, tel: 0141-5791971 Fax:0141-9451525 Website:ptfc.co.uk, bye bye Bobby

gladstone fifer
bye bye Bobby

good luck if he goes to Partick

He's shite.

Ditto