Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

Ayr 0 East Fife 1 Durie scored

Re: Latest Score

Big Rab
Ayr 0 East Fife 1 Durie scored

Half time with the score 1-0 to the Fife! another 45 mins to go nail biting stuff watching the vidprint here...come on the boys.

also Stenny 0 Albion 1. That man dallas again and Stranrear 0 Alloa 0

Stranrear getting beat 2-0 by alloa.
As it stands we could end up being 3rd bottom of the leauge.

come on1

Results going our way! Come on.

Hadn't won there, ever, until Archibald's East Fife, now this would be the 4th time and counting.

1-1. Would take a point now.

2-1 Ayr! Feckin crap!!!

2-1 ayr now. David Winters just scored

lets a get a late goal another whyte volley! please...

2-1

We are absolutely done

Doh.

How predictable is that you just know what is going to happen,i really cant see where the next win is coming from.

Against Shire in August.

Out of interest, does anyone know what the club record is for games without a win??

Desparately disappointed to lose all three points.

The team played well defensively in the first half and allowed Ayr few chances.

I felt we sat further and further back as the game wore on and both Ayr's goals came from fairly close in. Mind you I've seen Scotland do exactly the same thing!

Nothing settled yet so let's keep supporting the lads.

Tam
Out of interest, does anyone know what the club record is for games without a win??

I remember us going a lot of games around '76 or '77 without a win, I'm sure it was 17 games or so. Not sure if that was the record but it seemed a bloody lot at the time!

No lack of effort so can't complain about that. Could have had a couple of goals with just a wee bit more composure infront of goal.
Defend deep and hit them on the counter seemed to be the tactic. Looked like it was working until they got a scrappy goal and their tails were up.
Unfortunately the ref denied us a penalty. From where I was it looked like a stone Waller, that would have seen us with a deserved point.
We shot ourselves in the foot with a couple of avoidable goals. Seems to be the story of the season. Oh we'll on to Tuesday night. Keep the faith!

same old same old