Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest

2-0 after 15 minutes.

Re: Latest

oh sorry.

make that 3-0

Hiya division 3. Hiya pal.

Players and manager must be resigned to going down it seems. I thought we would be poor (6-8th) this season but to be headed for bottom of the table...!!!?

Hope the Board are watching. The famous East Fife slowing dying as a Football Club.

Board resign, Brown piss off and take those pathetic excuse for footballers with you. You have brought shame on our club.

You are all a fucking disgrace !

Brown must go after this surely? He's done the square root of fuck all for us since he got here.

Barr and Samuel can play at a higher level?

Da fuck??????

Albion winning

4-0

Billy Brown should resign tonight. He had a brief effect when he took over but he has been a disaster since then. He gave the game away that he had nothing left to offer a couple of weeks ago when he said he had given the players all he could, and it was up to them now. He chucked it. And now it is bloody obvious to even the most blinkered of loyal fans that the players are not responding to him. He has not got what East Fife need right now.
If Brown does not resign, the board should remove him now. Get in someone who knows how to get a result by stopping the loss of goals, and we stand a chance of making a great escape.
The board are the real problem, but in the short term relegation can only be avoided if Brown goes first.

You can see what a good manager does for a team.

What's happening? Are they not trying? What?????

The real problem is not Brown, it's Rankine and the non-East Fife men running EFFC. The lack of vision and honesty (and lack of any hope at all for fans).

So, sack the Board.

We'd still be in the 3rd were it not for Gray's thousands. We're headed straight right back there - shock horror.

sickened
Billy Brown should resign tonight. He had a brief effect when he took over but he has been a disaster since then. He gave the game away that he had nothing left to offer a couple of weeks ago when he said he had given the players all he could, and it was up to them now. He chucked it. And now it is bloody obvious to even the most blinkered of loyal fans that the players are not responding to him. He has not got what East Fife need right now.
If Brown does not resign, the board should remove him now. Get in someone who knows how to get a result by stopping the loss of goals, and we stand a chance of making a great escape.
The board are the real problem, but in the short term relegation can only be avoided if Brown goes first.

Spot on. Brown to fuck off now, then the Board and for certain Collumbine in the summer.

How anyone can be happy with this shit I don't know. Can we hear from the apologists please? We the moaners been right all along.

Torro for manager!!!!!!!!!!

Keteoj
You can see what a good manager does for a team.

I hope you let the team and management know what the fans are feeling as they walked off at half time

Disgrace! I dont think its just billy brown, yes he hasnt helped but this group of players havent preformed under any of the managers we have had this season! A manager cant make a player put his heart into it and make him fight for the team. Thats the players job and clearly they havent done that. However i agree that billy brown should resign as short term he hasnt helped but the players should be ashamed and the board are a disgrace.

I can see us being relegated automatically never mind via the play offs. The squad is a shambles and I blame Both Durie and Brown as both had the chance to sort the problem we've had for the past few seasons - a poor defence with no leader - and neither of the two have addressed the problem. I'm the first to admit I was happy with the loan signing of Bobby Barr but was skeptical about signing him on his full time wage when we had far bigger priorities needing fixed than signing a luxury player.
4 clean sheets all season, 2 against Albion Rovers. Surely it doesn't take a genius to see where our problem lies but Billy Brown only signed Dale Keenan in January which has hardly bolstered the defence when he sits on the bench most weeks and he was often on the bench for Partick Thistle RESERVES !!!!
I really fear that if League Reconstruction doesn't happen we'll be back in Division 3 with interest in the club declining even more and crowds plummeting further. Would normally have gone to Brechin tonight but I'm afraid I'm getting close to the end. Couldn't bring myself to go and watch some gutless performances any longer

5-0

Give 'em dogs abuse

This is a slap in the face to every East Fife supporter.

So the half-time pep talk didn't go well then Billy?

Still, only 40 minutes to go. Can we keep it in single figures?,

Bayviewboy
I can see us being relegated automatically never mind via the play offs. The squad is a shambles and I blame Both Durie and Brown as both had the chance to sort the problem we've had for the past few seasons - a poor defence with no leader - and neither of the two have addressed the problem. I'm the first to admit I was happy with the loan signing of Bobby Barr but was skeptical about signing him on his full time wage when we had far bigger priorities needing fixed than signing a luxury player.
4 clean sheets all season, 2 against Albion Rovers. Surely it doesn't take a genius to see where our problem lies but Billy Brown only signed Dale Keenan in January which has hardly bolstered the defence when he sits on the bench most weeks and he was often on the bench for Partick Thistle RESERVES !!!!
I really fear that if League Reconstruction doesn't happen we'll be back in Division 3 with interest in the club declining even more and crowds plummeting further. Would normally have gone to Brechin tonight but I'm afraid I'm getting close to the end. Couldn't bring myself to go and watch some gutless performances any longer

I'm hoping that league restructuring does happen now

6-0

It's like a bad fucking dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm seeing why these clowns in charge gave us black strips now....

Ok lets behind the team on Saturday at Forfar.

Thank you East Fife, thank you so fucking much!

i wrote this the day before Browns appointment....."what worries me is a new man coming in and giving the players a chance...getting a quick fix then we slump again mid January.The majority of the squad have had their chance and its time to clear them out."

regardless of the league finishing position it looks certain to be Div3 due to league reconstruction, my fear is a new manager coming in and giving these same players another chance.Keep the manager and clear out the players(although i think Brown may walk after tonight)

Keep the manager? Are you serious? He has been in the job for five months and we have got worse and worse. A blind man could see what he had to do in January, but didn't do. He doesn't even want the job, he wants a full time post

Can't see there being a queue of clubs wanting him after the job he's done at Bayview. His record of signings is awful.

wee man
6-0

Pissed now. What was the final score?

If Brown was Togo or be sacked after this (11 games with 7 defeats and 4 daws) run of results who would you like those in t,he job to try and keep us up. A n experienced guy or a solid centre half as player manager such as Dods from Falkirk?

Supporter
If Brown was Togo or be sacked after this (11 games with 7 defeats and 4 daws) run of results who would you like those in t,he job to try and keep us up. A n experienced guy or a solid centre half as player manager such as Dods from Falkirk?

Greig McDonald please.

Mon then Jocky ? where are you ?

On the way home after watching one of the worst East Fife teams ever. Brown had a chance to fix Duries mess but didn't.

1st half u could see that his 3 5 2? ( not really sure if that was what it was meant to be) wasnt working. Brechin continually got down our flanks with the midfield offering no protection at all. Their 1st goal should have been saved by Brown, he seemed to take an age to get down. The 2nd goal was also poor with the ball coming into the box and then there was a scramble in the 6 yard box which Brechin managed to get on the end of. I have to see it again but I think that Brown might have been able to collect it. Their 3rd was a good header but they where able to get the ball across far to easily. 4th might have been unlucky after it took a big deflection if McCormack. The rest if the half was Brechin doubling up on both our full backs as we surrendered the whole of the midfield. Easily one of the worst halts I have seen and the 4 goals didn't flatten Brechin.

2nd was only slightly better as we only conceded 3 goals (well done on the improvement lads) and Bombscare Brown had scrapped his you play anywhere formation and went for a back 4. Not clearing our lines caused the 5th and to be honest I had stopped caring by the 6th but Brown did seem to get a hand on it. McCormack got booked for mouthing and will no doubt be on twitter complaining.

We did create a few chances in the 2nd half. At the end Barr berated Samuel for not squaring the ball after he had worked a chance for himself, this was maybe in the last 5mins. If Samuel had squared it and Barr had scored I think we might have got a draw. Too many players talking a good game but absolutely pathetic playing it. Am looking at you McBride and McCormack but in all honestly I hope all these players are punted in the summer.

On the way home after watching one of the worst East Fife teams ever. Brown had a chance to fix Duries mess but didn't.

1st half u could see that his 3 5 2? ( not really sure if that was what it was meant to be) wasnt working. Brechin continually got down our flanks with the midfield offering no protection at all. Their 1st goal should have been saved by Brown, he seemed to take an age to get down. The 2nd goal was also poor with the ball coming into the box and then there was a scramble in the 6 yard box which Brechin managed to get on the end of. I have to see it again but I think that Brown might have been able to collect it. Their 3rd was a good header but they where able to get the ball across far to easily. 4th might have been unlucky after it took a big deflection if McCormack. The rest if the half was Brechin doubling up on both our full backs as we surrendered the whole of the midfield. Easily one of the worst halts I have seen and the 4 goals didn't flatten Brechin.

2nd was only slightly better as we only conceded 2 goals (well done on the improvement lads) and Bombscare Brown had scrapped his you play anywhere formation and went for a back 4. Not clearing our lines caused the 5th and to be honest I had stopped caring by the 6th but Brown did seem to get a hand on it. McCormack got booked for mouthing and will no doubt be on twitter complaining.

We did create a few chances in the 2nd half. At the end Barr berated Samuel for not squaring the ball after he had worked a chance for himself, this was maybe in the last 5mins. If Samuel had squared it and Barr had scored I think we might have got a draw. Too many players talking a good game but absolutely pathetic playing it. Am looking at you McBride and McCormack but in all honestly I hope all these players are punted in the summer.

I think I said on March 13th that Brown was useless and the worst yet - nothing has changed. Come on Mr Brown fall on your sword.

mr305
Mon then Jocky ? where are you ?

He's on the official team bus.

Ouch!

Felt sorry for the fans on the bus they had to stay till the end,at least i had my car and was able to leave with 20 mins.to go.

The players have let BB and the supporters down big time tonight with that performance.

Leven
The players have let BB and the supporters down big time tonight with that performance.

Let BB down? The man's fucking clueless!

Pathetic display some players running about like headless chickens the others playing like headless chickens.

Jocky aka Fifey bawbag will be along soon to tell us we"re not real fans and how we could still make the playoffs.
Soon as the team bus gets in.

Cnuts.

St Pauli Fifer
The real problem is not Brown, it's Rankine and the non-East Fife men running EFFC. The lack of vision and honesty (and lack of any hope at all for fans).

I agree with StPauli on that one. We have alternated between experience and youth for our recent managers all with the same result. A core of players who could not be motivated or improved. Personally I would like to see Billy Brown given next season to build his own team and bring on young players but there does seem to be something wrong in the background (aside from our virtual owners). Brown cannot have unlearned all his experience in the game but you wonder what the links with the team are both through the assistant manager (if that is what Bob Malcolm is) and the captain, whoever that is this week.

I fully expect Stevie Hislop to surface talking about prima donnas and back stabbers at the club without naming any names. He may have a point when he says some players think they are too good for East Fife. It saddens me to say it on this seasons performances there aren't to many who can honestly claim that to be the case.

That is a complete embaresement,for anyone who had the good fortune not to be there,i cant put into words how bad east fife were.Two holding players in midfield in willis and mcbride who didnot win a tackle all game.Two full backs who got a roasting all night.Funny thing was brechin scored with every chance they made in the game.Tactics have to be questioned,formation in 1st half was a shambles,we were all over the place.The majority of blame goes to the midfield as they never gave the defence no protection at all.Two full backs played like wingers and every time brechin went up the park no one was home.Game was over in 10 minutes.I really cant see us avoiding the drop on that showing,will brown be there by saturday, remains to be seen,the board sacked robbo,they better have a look in the mirror when they get home and ask themslves some serious questions.That is the final straw for the fans ,a decent support tonight what a waste of 24 quid.Dont think many will waste another 24quid on saturday.

Jocky aka Fifey will.

Oh wait a minute...

Jocky isn't Fifey (he's many others though).

Even if we stay up, it'll be a bottom half of the table struggle again next season. Folk need to see the bigger picture here.

fan67
That is a complete embaresement,for anyone who had the good fortune not to be there,i cant put into words how bad east fife were.Two holding players in midfield in willis and mcbride who didnot win a tackle all game.Two full backs who got a roasting all night.Funny thing was brechin scored with every chance they made in the game.Tactics have to be questioned,formation in 1st half was a shambles,we were all over the place.The majority of blame goes to the midfield as they never gave the defence no protection at all.Two full backs played like wingers and every time brechin went up the park no one was home.Game was over in 10 minutes.I really cant see us avoiding the drop on that showing,will brown be there by saturday, remains to be seen,the board sacked robbo,they better have a look in the mirror when they get home and ask themslves some serious questions.That is the final straw for the fans ,a decent support tonight what a waste of 24 quid.Dont think many will waste another 24quid on saturday.

Too often we have played with only one midfielder who can actually tackle - Darren Smith. Div can do it too but too often one or other has been injured, suspended or Div been playing at the back. Willis, McBride and Barr have shown time and time again that they are unwilling to commit to 50/50 challenges. No team can play with only one tackler in midfield and expect to be successful. The same players have let the fans and the last 3 managers down and this can't be allowed to continue. I wouldn't be against Billy Brown getting the bullet. Bring a young dynamic manager in to give him time to weed out the deadwood before the end of the season. The Board were very quick to appoint Brown without really checking who was interested. You only have to look at how McNamara, Hartley, Cameron, Johnston, Sheerin, Moore, Murray have done to see that they can be a success - begs the question - do the Board know what they should be looking for in a Manager ?

Has Brown ever put the same time out twice? He constantly shuffles the defence and the midfield. In the 2nd half tonight it looked like he had started McManus on the right. I only say looked like as I am never sure what formation or system we are meant to be playing. But McManus on the right of a midfield wtf!

What is even worse is when u read the twitter of players and during the week all they do is moan about the training and getting beasts in running sessions. Now most of them have a cheek to moan as their performances show. But surely Brown should be working on tactics and set pieces as we must be the worst at them in the league!

Also who is his assistant is it Bob Malcolm? If so what does he bring to the set up, surely it can't be for his football wisdom! Surely he isn't being held up as an example of good player/role model. And why put him on the bench when it is obvious he is never going to play due injuries and possibly lifestyle. Brown would be as well naming a pro-youth if its for filling the bench.

Brown should fuck off.

End of.

brian
Jocky aka Fifey bawbag will be along soon to tell us we"re not real fans and how we could still make the playoffs.
Soon as the team bus gets in.

Cnuts.

Now now Brian, your criticizing again and we haven't even posted yet!! Does that not tell you something about yourself?

I am overseas and obviously couldn't make the game so i cant comment on that. I do know some of the posters and take their word for the performance, 0-6 at such a crucial time is hurting. However, fans are entitled to vent their anger, after-all they traveled all the way up there and paid their dues. However, i will not on a public sight slag any part of East Fife F.c and if im at home i will continue to go to games home and away irrespective of form. I'm not saying that means i am a true supporter or a better supporter, which in previous posts some were insinuating, just a supporter who after supporting for over 45 years and seen it all [almost] do not want to stay away!!

The players aren't good enough ability wise. Barr has showed glimpses, but no consistency, and Samuel is going experience alone. The rest are shite. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort of players like Div and Campbell, but they need to move on. Sack the manager, sack the board, but not Collumbine.

Brown should go after this bad result, we have lost a number of games now and its been a while since we won a game was it not albion at home? Can't member seems to be a long time since we won. Brown hasn't done much since joining the club only the loan deal to keeinan even he can't break into the jags team is worrying. We need a manager that is up to the task and for the long term and success for the club rather fighting a relagation scrap and a side heading to the third.
I watch the east fife ladies play better than our mans team and our girls are having more success than the mens atm, all the players is interesting in playing for the club and looking to move. So why don't they leave if they don't want to be here.
I so hope may comes and we have a decent side to follow, but ATM things need a change.

Bring maitland did a decent job at alloa not some assistant manager that pretends to be one...and gives up!

Come on even albion will catch us at this rate, I fear when stranraer come the way we are playing we will be bottom and its goodbye with a crowd at 300 at this rate.

Let's count our loses and face BB isn't the man to save our club from the drop either, though months ago he got us off the bottom after we started poor under most of chisholms era run came to a end so time for a change me thinks. Other clubs ie sunderland and reading seem that and I don't want to see us head to east stirling next season also what's bob Malcolm done for us too, what's his role with east fife? How many games will he get? Etc take him with him out the door he's done nothing to offer anything and to clear up this mess he should follow. Get in a proper manager that has experience like maitland that was a manager and a assistant and get in a proper managerment of this club and we can get somewhere.
For the board we need a vision and targets set?
Stadium? We need to keep and look to the possiblity once we get a successive team in and open up a wall and put another stand in and get the happiness factor back into the side and for the fans.
Transfer? Get in players that will wear the colours, fight for the team, not injury pro and 100% committed to playing for the club...also include youngesters of our own club and make them happy so they become a star. Look at QOs at Gavin Reilly he's become a real make them happy so they become a star. Look at QOs at Gavin Reilly he's become a real prospect for the future and us we only ever use ours once or twice then they fade and they leave for junior sides like cargill and murdoch

There's a lot of questions to ask? Why we doing so poor? Why do fans bother going to brechin if we give up like that? Do the players we got committed to train and play for the club? Where's the leadership and communication in games? Do we miss hislop or was it Robertson himself?

Something needs changing fife? Let's clear the dugout get the management and clear other mess that's need a shake up!

Only success at bayview was winning promotion twice in third...one when we had deuchar and the other due to WG being nice to our club and the other beating aberdeen, dunfermline and st mirren in cups since we moved ground. So looking grim

There's no point saying much as our comments tend to get sweap under the carpet and forgotten about dull, boring person. But your right and manage to put all our problem up that we have. Yeah I feel sorry for Brewster and the pro youths we have not much action and brought to manager attention to be involved but the whole set up is like a mystery. Every week is like a episode of corrie and no much fight or leadership. The whole management is rather confusing we had a spell with durie, chisholm and now brown and not a success this season to cheer about since robbo left the club and look at our performances..draw to albion, nearing at ayr with last 15mins we gave it away and brechin tonight a real nightmare..what's forfar going to be like?
Time to count our losses correct to save our season, if we do end up bottom with brown then its a step back and there's no way back...January there we should of added to squad and now its like we are paying for it big style and we are having all this performances we are having.
I hope many fans are like us dull and time to change or we be dramatic and parnoid of our team heading down like the shovel like it is?

If brown is sack, the players better get their act together and be players. 3 managers in a year would be shocking I so want east fife doing a lot better.

I'm not one for just punting managers but the simple fact is that BB is clearly not getting anything like the best out of the players.

He can bemoan a 'lack of luck' as much as he wants, but the simple fact is that our current record is absolutely shocking.

6-0 away to Brechin, a side I'd consider ourselves on a par with, is totally unacceptable.

In my opinion he should stand down and the board should bring in Jimmy Calderwood, who still stays in Fife I believe, pay him a lump sum and I've absolutely no doubt he'd get the best out of these players until the end of the season.

But it must be done now!

After a sleepless night with that shambles going round in my head,i still cant get over how bad we were.Brechin played some great attacking football but we made them look like barcelona.Manager has to take the blame for the way he set the team up first half.The flanks were wide open and brechins carcary and purhouse exploited this to the full,every time they got the ball they had acres of space to exploit.Midfield neither supported the front 2 or the defence,they stood still in the middle area making token gesture tackles.At least 2 of the 4 first half goals were a result of losing 50 50 tackles 20 yards from our goal.Then we start 2nd half give away a corner do our usual 11 men in box, good header out, every east fife player in box comes straight back in box bang goal.We went 442 2nd half and acctualy had most of the possesion but just couldnt get any luck in front of goal.Brechin were always dangerous on the break and we lost a 6th goal like this.Felt sorry for samuel and macmanus who ran themselves into the ground.Barr did well in flashes down left side.Keenan did well when he came on would start him on saturday.The 100 dollar question is, do we stick or twist with billy brown.Rumour last night is big changes at ownership and boardrroom is close,so if true i dont think a change will be made.You have to feel for the manager putting in time and effort,only to be cheated with footballing imposters.

I think BB is getting the best out of the players.

It's just that the players are total guff and their attitude stinks. They should wear the red strip or blue strip until the end of the season as they are not worthy of the black and gold.

Noisy Crossbar
I think BB is getting the best out of the players.

I think you are out of your mind.

Yes sack the manger be the best think

It's all quiet on twitter today. I hope that is because they are embarrassed by their pathetic efforts last night.

We definitely have a poor group of players with questionably attitudes but Browns team selections and tactics are not helping and even a blind man could see that after 15mins last night the 3 at the back was not working.

One big chance to make gate cash by playing rangers in the second division lost