Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Billy Brown to stay says collumbine

Sid collumbine interviewed in todays courier.He says there is no need for a knee jerk reaction.This season is all about staying in division two and billy brown is the man with the expierience to manage this.He goes on to say then we will re build a new team for next season.So there we are brown to lead us to survival.

Re: Billy Brown to stay says collumbine

fan67
Sid collumbine interviewed in todays courier.He says there is no need for a knee jerk reaction.This season is all about staying in division two and billy brown is the man with the expierience to manage this.He goes on to say then we will re build a new team for next season.So there we are brown to lead us to survival.

"This season is all about staying in division 2".......You could have fooled me!!!

Knee Jerk reactions?

Please remind me when we last won a game Sid??? When was the last time we actually played well?

Come on Sid...Hae a word with yourself. Changes needed. Starting with yourself.

oh dear i hope you are right Mr Chairman, thats what this team need and you'll get most of the fans back on your side if that happens but at the moment i dont see where we going to win unless saturday will be different and i feel when stranrear arrive they will send us down

Knee jerk? We haven't won for months!

I'm not 1 to have a go at the board or the manager but this statement stinks.Sid was against reconstruction a few months ago because in his words it was unfair to change the leagues next year because clubs like us had invested to reach the play offs!!! Now it turns out that our aim after all is just to stay in div 2!!!!! For the record i would keep brown and let him start again next season,there have been mistakes made by everyone but i do think the team was never ready for the season under durie and we were scrambling for players even when the season was under way.

After watching the highlights of the brechin game,im not sure you can blame a manager for players defending so badly muir,mcormack,durie,and stonie should be made to watch that and hang their head in shame.Keeper never covered himself in glory either, at least it sounds like brown knows a clear out is needed,only thing is he should have done it in january.He needs a chance to bring in his own players and stamp his syle on the team.Nothing any manager could do with players as bad as we have.

The chairman backs Brown........looks like the end of the road for Billy

Glad to hear BB is staying.

Yes, so am I.

So am I

So are we.

Stranraer FC
So are we.

He shound be getting the sack after the 6-0 if we keep him we not going to stay up so I hope he walks out

Colin
He shound be getting the sack after the 6-0 if we keep him we not going to stay up so I hope he walks out

correct. the scoreline is embrassing to any team and no wins either, will they be any chance of us staying up with a few games left and albion are touching distance with us and catching fast and must win game on tuesday which could all but end our hope of staying up. why back a manager that should of made changes in the transfer window... you tell me? sid must be brave to stick with this garbage we are all watching week in week out and a squad who are on big wage but they seem to give up easy in games, no fight either and the defence we have at the moment. am confused

i hope we beat forfar and stranrear with sidney decision he proves me wrong

Do what others are doing (including me) and walk away.
The club is going nowhere except back to the basement league and showing no ambition whatsoever.
Poor board, clueless manager and a shite squad. What on earth is there to be excited about at EF?
Pretty soon there will be 300 at most watching that garbage. Probably less.
We`re even going to miss the Rangers games next season because of that shower of idiots. No fucking ambition at all!

Go play golf. More rewarding and doesn't make you half as angry!

?
I'm not 1 to have a go at the board or the manager but this statement stinks.Sid was against reconstruction a few months ago because in his words it was unfair to change the leagues next year because clubs like us had invested to reach the play offs!!! Now it turns out that our aim after all is just to stay in div 2!!!!! For the record i would keep brown and let him start again next season,there have been mistakes made by everyone but i do think the team was never ready for the season under durie and we were scrambling for players even when the season was under way.

A few months ago it was hoped that we could make the promotion play-offs, but now it is obvious that survival is the aim. What do you find so strange about that?

It is strange because we are worse than Albion Rivers and Stranraer, two of the smallest teams in Scotland. It is strange because we lose 6-0 to a very ordinary Second Division side. It is strange because we have win a single game in three months, the worst record in the country. It is strange because we could all see the problems that needed fixed in January and nothing was done in the transfer window. It is strange because as we head to the Third Division we still have to pay Bobby Barr another £3000 before he swans off. It is strange because the manager has given up and is blaming the standard of player he inherited, when he knew what he was walking into then did nothing in January. It is strange because the chairman thinks doing something about going three months without a win would be a knee-jerk reaction. It is strange because people like you are prepared to make excuses for every single failing at such a piss-poorly run football club.

davy reid

4 Points out a possible 30 since January after a good start, with 12 points out of 21 before christmas.
What the fuck happened? cant see us winning a play off game(if we do get there) under this dire form.

Collumbine evidence is above dont bank on staying in the second division under Browns woeful managment skills.

Mr T
The club is going nowhere except back to the basement league and showing no ambition whatsoever.
Poor board, clueless manager and a shite squad. What on earth is there to be excited about at EF?
We`re even going to miss the Rangers games next season because of that shower of idiots. No fucking ambition at all!

Mr T. [is that T for TWAT?] You don't want to go to games?? Then stay the fuck away, that's your choice but stop telling us fans that WANT to keep going not to go!!!I'm not telling you to go when you dont want to so piss off to Sainsburys or the Muni and gie us aw peace.

stating the obvious
It is strange because we are worse than Albion Rivers and Stranraer, two of the smallest teams in Scotland. It is strange because we lose 6-0 to a very ordinary Second Division side. It is strange because we have win a single game in three months, the worst record in the country. It is strange because we could all see the problems that needed fixed in January and nothing was done in the transfer window. It is strange because as we head to the Third Division we still have to pay Bobby Barr another £3000 before he swans off. It is strange because the manager has given up and is blaming the standard of player he inherited, when he knew what he was walking into then did nothing in January. It is strange because the chairman thinks doing something about going three months without a win would be a knee-jerk reaction. It is strange because people like you are prepared to make excuses for every single failing at such a piss-poorly run football club.

Your post has totally has no relevance to the post I was referring to. It was simply a comment by me to ask what is strange about somebody changing ones priorities, which reflect the current predicament and not the status 6-7 months ago. Priorities have changed, can't you see that? Instead, you go off on a rant that is akin to War & Peace.

Have you changed your aims - ever? Would you go on as before if you lost your job, or would you CHANGE your priorities? Try and get real instead of whinging!

Fifey
Mr T

Mr T. [is that T for TWAT?] You don't want to go to games?? Then stay the fuck away, that's your choice but stop telling us fans that WANT to keep going not to go!!!I'm not telling you to go when you dont want to so piss off to Sainsburys or the Muni and gie us aw peace.

Hear, hear!

EF supporter, did you change your name from Jocky because your true identity had become clear and you were starting to get worried?

Reply to the post, instead of going off on a tangent. Not Jocky, but I wonder who you are???

Heard a rumour today that brown is going to be at hearts next season and for that reason is not dealing with any signings/contracts for next year! Maybe bullshit,any thoughts folks?

James
EF supporter
Reply to the post, instead of going off on a tangent. Not Jocky, but I wonder who you are???

EF supporter and Fifey just sum this forum up nicely.

Complete bawbags

Hi James. You must sit at the TWAT end then. Some TWATS sit there because of their negativity moaning, etc. And you? You are like the other TWATS but even MORE of a Twat As you are actually slagging this website as well!!! My, My what a TTWWWAAAAATTTTTT you are. Give him shit GOF.

One other point "james" Look at our names. EF supporter, Fifey. Yours? "James" Good link to the Fife there, Eh! TTTTWWWWWAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!

Fifey
James
EF supporter

Complete bawbags

Hi James. You must sit at the TWAT end then. Some TWATS sit there because of their negativity moaning, etc. And you? You are like the other TWATS but even MORE of a Twat As you are actually slagging this website as well!!! My, My what a TTWWWAAAAATTTTTT you are. Give him shit GOF.

One other point "james" Look at our names. EF supporter, Fifey. Yours? "James" Good link to the Fife there, Eh! TTTTWWWWWAAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!!

If Fifey really loves EF that much wouldnt he get a job closer to home so he could go to EVERY match...just wondering....

mmmmm
Fifey
James
EF supporter

Complete bawbags

If Fifey really loves EF that much wouldnt he get a job closer to home so he could go to EVERY match...just wondering....

Can you suggest a suitable job then?

pete
Fifey
James
EF supporter

Complete bawbags

Without doubt the most immature post I have ever read on here and you are a grown man?
Dear god.

Looking at your pic in Twitter you look about 50 Fifey. Hard to believe someone over 20 could write like that.

You also look like a bit of a mong.

Thanks for the compliment Pete, im actually over 60. AND, you being a TWAT has nothing to do with my age. If i was 20 years old, you are still a TWAT, i can change my levels of posting to suit who i am debating with hence the immature post. AND if you use that term [which i wont repeat] its an insult to my handicapped son, then i will come looking for you. Be very aware of that!!!!

It was worth a try:)