Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Squad.

Regardless of the division we clearly need an overhaul of the squad. Who would you like to keep?

Michael Brown- I'd keep him. He's proved his worth in previous seasons however I feel he can't be held accountable for last few games. He's been out of the squad and lacked match practice.

Calum Antell- No Chance. Wouldn't want him back at us next year for free. He's never good enough at this level never mind SPL.

Craig Johnstone- Seems to be another fan favourite but I've never rated him. Erratic, careless and again, I don't feel he's good enough for this level.

Darren McCormack- Inconsistent. Has the ability but seems to play the high ball far too often. If he kept it on the deck he might be worth having.

Steven Campbell- Keep him fit and he's a good player.

Scott Durie- Again, here on his dad's merit. How he was at Rangers is beyond me. Not bad going forward but woeful defensively.

Paul Willis. Flatters to deceive. Flashes of brilliance but for a supposed winger I've yet to see him take a player on.

Bobby Barr- Seems to have lost it recently. However, on his form from the early stages of his loan I'd keep him, however I imagine he'll be full time next season.

Div Muir- A player I'd keep. Shows the grit and determination. Has passion for the club and genuinely plays for the shirt IMO.

Darren Smith- Another decent player. One of a small few who gets stuck in. However as a captain, no. Doesn't communicate to other players. We miss a 'Tweed' like captain.

Paul McManus- Here on previous merits and although a fantastic servant to the club, I feel he's lost his pace.

Collin Samuel- Still got a touch of class and can easily see he has played at a higher level. No pace, not scoring goals like a player of his experience should. I'd let him go.

Liam Gormley- Not really been given a chance. Comes highly recommended by Morton fans and I think given a run of games you'd see goals. I think he'd be worth another season.

Sean Jamieson- A junior player at best. Haven't seen anything from him that would make me think he's good enough for SFL.

Scott McBride- Our top scorer and it shows the level we're playing at this season. Scored a few goals this season, Would keep him for the bench, but I wouldn't class him as a starter every week.

Re: The Squad.

My twopence worth...

Michael Brown- Keep, but I'd like to see another decent keeper competing for the jersey with him.

Calum Antell- Get rid

Craig Johnstone- Get rid.

Darren McCormack- Get rid.

Steven Campbell- I like Campbell, he'd be excellent with a Tweed style figure alongside him, though how often do we say that...

Scott Durie- Get rid

Paul Willis. Get rid

Bobby Barr- Undoubtedly the most gifted player in the squad, recent unspectacular performances aside we'll almost certainly lose him regardless of whether it was up to us or not.

Div Muir- An able and committed player, I'd keep him.

Darren Smith- Not a leader or captain but a talented midfielder. I'd keep him.

Paul McManus- With a good side behind him he'll get goals at this level for a few seasons yet. Keep.

Collin Samuel- A luxury, undoubtedly a talented player but the jury is out. Depends on who else is available.

Liam Gormley- Get rid

Sean Jamieson- Get rid

Scott McBride- Keep, as backup.

Heres my list who i would keep at the club for next season.

KEEP.
micheal brown (exprience between the sticks i vital)
craig johnstone (gets the job done, can play anywhere if you ask him and is local)
darren smith (very good in the middle of the park)
scott durie (this season hasnt been the best i have to admit)
collin samuel (Experience and holds the ball up well)
paul McManus (still gets goals and exprience)
Liam Gormley (a real gem of a player but doesnt get use often)
david muir (local player, very good defensive and can do a job)
James Martin (great prospect for the future)
Ryan McAlister (another one looks promsing)

OUT
Gareth wardlaw (form hs dipped and not the same player he was, injury pro)
CALLUM ANTEL (should have left months ago, dont think he has much future)
Bob Malcolm (whats he done all season )
Andy Collier (think the guy is fallen out of favour at bayview)
David White (think he maybe off to Bo'ness, slow player but great in air)
Robert sloan (not the same player as last season and in and out of team)
Bobby Barr (likely to go to other clubs)
Paul Willis (only on-loan)
Dale Keeinan (defo not a Thistle player send him back, on-loan)
Jamie Pollock (if he is stil here, he didnt add much to the side no wonder McCall let the midfielder leave motherwell?

MAYBE
Ross Brewster (not seen enough of, he was at my school and a real shame for him not getting into the first team.
Ross Brown (same applys, only for him he came on as a sub vs rangers at ibrox this season and i think he isnjured)
Sean Jamieson (has a future but is still un-exprience for division two football)
Aidan Gordon (not seen enough of)
Darren McCormack (has had so much stick, upto player and manager not too bothered)
Shaw (Gk) (I cant mind the young guys first name but not seen him play)
Scott McBride (dunno hard to say, he likes going forward down the wings but he is a player that is scared to put a foot in for the team when defending...if he did both i would say keep but look at our form we need plays that tackles aswell as score so to be maybe bridey
Steven Campbell (the player hasn't conviced me yet? if he is that good)

Have i miss out anyone? lets leave it to Billy upto him to see in these games we have left to judge who to chop and which ones that are good enough to be at bayview next season!

Buko Boy
Regardless of the division we clearly need an overhaul of the squad. Who would you like to keep?

Michael Brown- I'd keep him. He's proved his worth in previous seasons however I feel he can't be held accountable for last few games. He's been out of the squad and lacked match practice.

Calum Antell- No Chance. Wouldn't want him back at us next year for free. He's never good enough at this level never mind SPL.

Craig Johnstone- Seems to be another fan favourite but I've never rated him. Erratic, careless and again, I don't feel he's good enough for this level.

Darren McCormack- Inconsistent. Has the ability but seems to play the high ball far too often. If he kept it on the deck he might be worth having.

Scott Durie- Again, here on his dad's merit. How he was at Rangers is beyond me. Not bad going forward but woeful defensively.

Paul Willis. Flatters to deceive. Flashes of brilliance but for a supposed winger I've yet to see him take a player on.

Bobby Barr- Seems to have lost it recently. However, on his form from the early stages of his loan I'd keep him, however I imagine he'll be full time next season.

Div Muir- A player I'd keep. Shows the grit and determination. Has passion for the club and genuinely plays for the shirt IMO.

Darren Smith- Another decent player. One of a small few who gets stuck in. However as a captain, no. Doesn't communicate to other players. We miss a 'Tweed' like captain.

Paul McManus- Here on previous merits and although a fantastic servant to the club, I feel he's lost his pace.

Collin Samuel- Still got a touch of class and can easily see he has played at a higher level. No pace, not scoring goals like a player of his experience should. I'd let him go.

Liam Gormley- Not really been given a chance. Comes highly recommended by Morton fans and I think given a run of games you'd see goals. I think he'd be worth another season.

Sean Jamieson- A junior player at best. Haven't seen anything from him that would make me think he's good enough for SFL.

Scott McBride- Our top scorer and it shows the level we're playing at this season. Scored a few goals this season, Would keep him for the bench, but I wouldn't class him as a starter every week.

Agree with most but Gormley didn't come from a good ramp from Morton fans? Far too light weight and can't hold the ball up.Brown cost us at Ayr so how your saying last 2 games he has done nothing wrong is a joke. I like brown as a goal keeper but is prone to a few mistakes . Paul McManus has had a poor season in terms of goals but he has missed pre season then come into the team at wrong time and then back out again injured. Give him a good pre season and he is one of the best strikers in the league. Barr is not worth the money so would bin him,Willis is shite so you got that one right. Campbell is always injured and never puts the foot in we're it hurts. I would keep muir ,smith,mcmanus ,Johnston, the rest I would punt

Keep

McCormack
Campbell
Muir
McBride
Willis
Barr
McManus

Maybe/Depends on division

Antell
Durie
Stoney
Smith
Sloan
Gormley
Wardlaw

Out

Collier
Brown
Malcolm
White
Keenan
Jamieson
Samuel

Brown - keep
Durie - no
Stoney - no
Campbell - keep
Mccornack - keep
White - no
Muir - keep
Smith - no
Barr - no
Willis - no
Mcbride - no
Samuel - keep
Mcmanus - keep
Gormley - no
Jamieson - no
Wardlaw - no
Sloan - no

Squad needs a major overhaul

Brown- Cant see him staying. Started last two seasons behind loanees.

Antell- thought he was only on loan. Not good enough anyway.

White- Legs have gone and will be off to Juniors.

McCormack- though he would be a good player but his distribution is awful. Get rid.

Campbell- Dont see the fascination has been part of a poor defence for last two seasons. Poor at defending corners and cross balls. Misses a lot of games as well spend the wages somewhere else.

Durie- Poor season. Get rid. Maybe a couple years at lower level will do him good.

Jonstone- Might be a useful squad player. Last season he chipped in with goals and his set pieces where decent. Give another season.

Div- Again he has been part of the team who has let down a few managers. Another one who talks a good game on twitter. I would let him go.

Smith- misses too many games undecided. With a creative player beside him he would be useful for his dig and determination.

Willis- Get rid

Mcbride- Get rid

Sloan- Getting slower and slower. Get rid.

McManus- without pace he doesn't offer much. Chasing your own Mis-control isn't working hard. Not convinced a good Pre-season will make a difference.

Samuel- Get rid. A couple of flicks and faints every other game isn't worth a new contract.

Wardlaw- Get rid

Gormley- never been given a chance.

Barr- Would be a good player for us in a better team. Won't be here next season anyway.

Jamieson- Not been impressed, think he will be awày back to juniors.

Malcolm- Does he count as a player? Either way get rid.

A whole new team then! I have no doubt a few will be kept on. Just hope Brown doesn't adopt the Durie approach to signings.

?

Mcbride - no
Samuel - keep

Lets get rid of the 23 year old Scott McBride (who is our top scorer this season) but keep 32 year old Collin Samuel?

McCormack keep
Campbell Keep if fit
McManus out
Antell Keep
Durie keep
Stoney keep
Smith keep
Sloan out
Gormley out
Wardlaw out
Collier out
Muir Keep
McBride keep
Willis keep
Barr keep
Brown keep
Malcolm out
White out
Keenan out
Jamieson out
Samuel out

New front line required.
OK mistakes made by both keepers during the season but rate both of them.
Midfield, happy with the guys we've got
Defence, they've had a torrid time on here, but think most are good enough.

Penpal
McCormack keep
Campbell Keep if fit
McManus out
Antell Keep
Durie keep
Stoney keep
Smith keep
Sloan out
Gormley out
Wardlaw out
Collier out
Muir Keep
McBride keep
Willis keep
Barr keep
Brown keep
Malcolm out
White out
Keenan out
Jamieson out
Samuel out

New front line required.
OK mistakes made by both keepers during the season but rate both of them.
Midfield, happy with the guys we've got
Defence, they've had a torrid time on here, but think most are good enough.

Have you been drinking? Happy with the midfield and most of the defence are good enough?

Good grief!!!

These are the guys I would keep (11)
10 out, bring 10 in?
Tam wheres your list?

Benitez
?

Mcbride - no
Samuel - keep

Lets get rid of the 23 year old Scott McBride (who is our top scorer this season) but keep 32 year old Collin Samuel?

My opinion,mcbride shites out of tackles, i dont rate him whatever age he is! Samuel for my mind is a better player but would depend if he wanted to be here and if he got fitter

As for whoever said they are happy with our midfield! That's where all our problems stem from,they don't get about the park enough to protect the defence or support the front,they barely move from the centre circle

We need to have a clear out but first and foremost we need to stay up and it's up to the players now. I would only keep Johnston in defence the rest I would let go. Midfield I would only keep smith ,muir, as both players get stuck in when the tough gets going. Up front I would only keep shagger the rest out. As pat says he need a good pre-season,it was only last year that he tore us apart and scored 18 goals. The big problem was keeping the defence we had last year and not enough players coming in. Eastfife is falling rapidly and if these players care about the club then they need to roll up the sleeves and get stuck in. We have been very poor this year and we should not be at the bottom. Brown has a chance to keep us up and if he leaves he has done the job that was asked and that's to keep us up. Too many players like Barr,Willis,Mccormack ,McBride who is our top scorer from the penalty spot this year are not strong or passionate enough to put a foot in we're it hurts.

Keep Brown,Stonie,Div an Mcmanus and ditch the rest

Another Buko lad
Keep Brown,Stonie,Div an Mcmanus and ditch the rest

Include smith to that.

Cambuslang Fifer

KEEP.
craig johnstone (gets the job done, can play anywhere if you ask him and is local)

OUT
Jamie Pollock (if he is stil here, he didnt add much to the side no wonder McCall let the midfielder leave motherwell?

MAYBE
Ross Brewster (not seen enough of, he was at my school and a real shame for him not getting into the first team.
Ross Brown (same applys, only for him he came on as a sub vs rangers at ibrox this season and i think he isnjured)
Sean Jamieson (has a future but is still un-exprience for division two football)
Darren McCormack (has had so much stick, upto player and manager not too bothered)
Scott McBride (dunno hard to say, he likes going forward down the wings but he is a player that is scared to put a foot in for the team when defending...if he did both i would say keep but look at our form we need plays that tackles aswell as score so to be maybe bridey

Have i miss out anyone? lets leave it to Billy upto him to see in these games we have left to judge who to chop and which ones that are good enough to be at bayview next season!

You'd keep 8 of the abysmal shower responsible for our almost certain relegation ? I'd keep Brown and McManus and punt the rest.

?
Samuel for my mind is a better player but would depend if he wanted to be here and if he got fitter

If Samuel does stay he will need a good pre-season and better service for him and have other players around than this lot next season. Always thought he was really good striker at St johnstone kept himself fit before they released him then heading to Luton and arbroath which he lost intrest in the game and is the shape he is, but if we get him back to that level he could be very decent player and maybe make the Triandad squad and feel good about himself. Its upto player and manager to make it happen i guess

Mad man
Cambuslang Fifer

KEEP.

OUT

MAYBE

You'd keep 8 of the abysmal shower responsible for our almost certain relegation ? I'd keep Brown and McManus and punt the rest.

Oh and yeah i would keep EIGHT of these players.
Brown because he is great goalkeeper that shouldnt be on the bench for Antell half of the season
Durie he makes the right back his own and lack of form this season has made him look shit, just to be in a great back 4 like last season.
Johnstone he can play anywhere and does a job.
Muir can also play anywhere and does tackle.
Smith is quite good to let go off and puts a tackle in.
Samuel he holds the ball up, needs better service and lacks fitness though.
Gormley he looks like a great player that has replaced Daziel but doesnt get much chances but he scored on his debut.
McManus he can get goals his injuries have been a worry since pre-season this season, needs a good pre-season like samuel.
Both Martin & McAlister would defo keep they look promising too like Gormley through the youth pro ranks and seen them in a reserve game once this season to make my judgement.

the rest including Malcolm should go and the others upto manager that i put on the list and no too bothered if they stay or not next season thats my views mate.

The thought that we might have Durie, Johnstone,.McCormick etc in the team for another season depresses me.

Have you changed your mind on anybody ?

andy mann
Have you changed your mind on anybody ?

Only one I'd keep would be Muir who was immense today. Would like to see Antell stay on.
The rest should be thanked for their efforts and released.

Muir will not be a Fife player next year.
He will be persuing interests "elsewhere".

These players were heroes yesterday. Am I the only one who thinks it is wrong to be showing them the door with these judgments, after they gave everything yesterday to keep us in the Second Division? I know we had a terrible season, and I have my views over who might be in and out, but the players read this ofrum and if I was one of them, I would be hugely disappointed to read this thread after the high of yesterday.
Can we not leave the hiring and firing to the manager?

"Muir will not be a Fife player next year.
He will be persuing interests "elsewhere"."

No another one away to Ballingry is he?!

For me, I'd keep Div, Darren Smith, Stevie Campbell, Stoney and, if fit, Samuel. The rest could leave.

A Trialist
"Muir will not be a Fife player next year.
He will be persuing interests "elsewhere"."

No another one away to Ballingry is he?!

Nope - The clue I think might be in the Posters name? I heard a similar rumour.

Real pity if confirmed, but it makes the effort and commitment shown in the last few games to keep us up before moving on all the more admirable.

Buko Boy

How can you say shagger is here on merit? He was Brechins player of year and scored 18 goals in a bottom of league team. If I'm right in thinking he had a few offers but chose us. Give him a break he missed pre season and played almost half of the season an injured player. As for the team I would let Sloan,Keenan,Willis,Barr,white,Gormley all go and keep the rest. The team done well yesterday and worked very hard to keep us in league.

No he's not going to Ballingry-it's a little further away.

Crossgates???

Keep Brown,Antell,Campbell,Durie,Johnstone,Muir,Smith,McManus,Samuel . The rest can go

if i rember right, i saw shagger in the brewers fayre in glenrothes last year in a meeting with paul hartley, who was trying to sign him for alloa, but he chose to sign for the fife.

ross clarke
if i rember right, i saw shagger in the brewers fayre in glenrothes last year in a meeting with paul hartley, who was trying to sign him for alloa, but he chose to sign for the fife.

McManus will run for 90 mins but he`s totally ineffective and has been for a while. His touch and distribution are very poor.
I think his best days are over and would be wise to drop down a league.

whit a load of shite,once shagger gets his injury fixed, and it rested he will be back amongst the goals, and i for one hope its with the fife.

Give it a rest lads and let the players savour their win. There is plenty time before next season starts to be commenting on who stays and who should leave. Just look at the end of game celebrations, did you see anybody unhappy?

Agree once he gets a good pre season he will come back a different player. As said he is a very good squad player to have in the team and if you were at the game yesterday you would have saw what it means for him to be playing for east fife. He ran his arse off for the club and his team mates and if we had more players like that we wouldn't be in a position we were in. The local boys will always put a shift in for the team .I'm not saying all the squad don't but there is a few that hide in games and pass the buck. It will be up to the manager who he wants to keep and I for one hope we keep at least 8 players. It's time we got this club back to the happy day's and get as much fans as we can to get this club going again.

A decision on the manager and a concerted effort to re-sign current or sign new players should begin immediately.
For what it's worth,here goes. For what seems the first extended period this season we have played the same defence and it has been exceptional.
Antell,Durie,Johnstone,a new,experienced(but not old) centre half and Campbell. Muir,Smith,Barr,wait for it,Willis and McBride,Gormley and Samuel and Keenan getting a decent chance.
After that a couple of both defensive and attacking midfielders and a couple strikers. Identify a few youth or young local players with potential,get them in the squad and give them a fair chance i.e a full season.

Someone suggested keeping one player and starting from there. For me that would be a disaster in what will be an even tougher 2nd Div than last season.

Well I hope Div does not go to Canada,and hope shagger and daz smith stay as well,we could look at a young player called Nathan Austin,a great striker.

Who's to say that any of our players would want to stay? I've heard that they are not happy at a lot of things. We might find that they have had enough this year

Bobby barr signed for stenhousemuir ?

Yelly van for NTOC!You say its going to be a stronger league next season,so your master plan is to keep almost every player that took us to the brink of relegation.Im beginning to think Trust watcher and Supporter are right after all.PS please spell the L word correctly if you reply.

Cr

According to P&B yes.

Gordon Bennet
Yelly van for NTOC!You say its going to be a stronger league next season,so your master plan is to keep almost every player that took us to the brink of relegation.Im beginning to think Trust watcher and Supporter are right after all.PS please spell the L word correctly if you reply.

Cr

That can't be true, Zak would have told us all first!!!

Gordon,
I must have missed your opinion on who to keep and who to release

zak
Well I hope Div does not go to Canada,and hope shagger and daz smith stay as well,we could look at a young player called Nathan Austin,a great striker.

It's all part of my masterplan to move East Fife to over here bit by bit so I can see us play every week again

Bobby linn going to Dundee.

That might be difficult considering he's signed a pre contact with Arbroath!

Jonny Smart going to Raith. As is Kenny Deuchar.

Kevin Byres training with East Fife.

Canadee
Muir will not be a Fife player next year.
He will be persuing interests "elsewhere".[/quote

But he kissed the badge when he scored on Sunday.......

In all seriousness, does anybody have any idea when the board/manager (whoever that may be), are going to announce their plans for the next few weeks? I see other teams in this division have already started their preparations for next season and I'd really like to see us do the same. New signings, re-signings, releasing players, possible terracing (for Pars/Sevco matches), new kit, pre-season/summer fixtures, youth teams etc.

I understand that it's only been a few days since we found out that we'll be playing 2nd Div football again next season, but we cannot possibly afford to repeat the same mistakes we made last summer. Surely we have to do whatever we can to capitalise from this and make it count for something for next season. Main priority, for the next few weeks has to be getting the manager situation sorted out and rebuilding the squad as soon as we can. If Billy Brown REALLY wants to stay with us I think we should give him that chance. I'm certain with a fresh start he'll be able to build a team that he has more confidence in to get us into the top four, maybe even pushing for promotion. If he's not 100% about staying with us then I think he has to go.

According to todays Courier there is a board meeting tonight and the manager will be one of the items on the agenda. Sid Collumbine hopes that Brown will stay.

The complete dismantling of our squad like some are proposing on here is utterly moronic. Keeping one player, Div Muir, then building an entire new squad around him is just asking for relegation.

I'd like to see us keep hold of;
Antell
Durie
McCormack
Campbell
Johnstone
Willis
Muir
Smith
McBride
Barr
McManus
Wardlaw
Samuel

This gives us a solid 13 to start with and add to over the summer. We definitely do not want a repeat of last year when only about 9 players were actually signed a few weeks before our first league game.

boaby lover
According to todays Courier there is a board meeting tonight and the manager will be one of the items on the agenda. Sid Collumbine hopes that Brown will stay.

The board meeting was last night

Benitez
The complete dismantling of our squad like some are proposing on here is utterly moronic. Keeping one player, Div Muir, then building an entire new squad around him is just asking for relegation.

Antell
Durie
McCormack
Campbell
Johnstone
Willis
Muir
Smith
McBride
Barr
McManus
Wardlaw
Samuel

This gives us a solid 13 to start with and add to over the summer. We definitely do not want a repeat of last year when only about 9 players were actually signed a few weeks before our first league game.

Agree with most of the above, however this is a wish list and unfortunately I think some of these will move on.
Antell (will leave)
Durie
Campbell
Johnstone
Willis (lucky if we keep him)
Muir (will leave)
Smith
McBride
Barr (will leave)
McManus
Wardlaw
Samuel
I would defo keep above and add to the squad....doubt if all 3 strikers will remain, so need to strenghen
Need 2 midfielders
Need 2 defenders
Goal keeper.... would keep Brown

I agree we should keep most of the squad the one s I would keep are

Antell- done excellent after a poor start
Brown- great number 2 to Antell was unlucky not to get back in the team
Durie- great effort up and down the wings but sometimes gets caught out by good wingers. Still good player
Campbell - took a while to get playing this year but has been brilliant last month or so
Johnstone- great player and won all awards so a must
Muir- been at good and puts foot in where it hurts
McBride- not sure about this but he has scored from penalty spot often and good at free kicks but that's it. Play as a sub
McManus - just been a bad season with injury but is fit as a fiddle . Will score goals after a good pre season try's his heart out
Samuel - again same as McManus good pre season and will do well. Him and McManus worked well on Sunday .
Smith- not sure but good player

Out
Wardlaw- good in air but that's it and in his late 30's
Sloan- not played much and couldn't play 90 min
White - good servant to the club again same as wardlaw too old
Gormley - not sure looks too light weight and no experience
McCormack - cant pass and too slow
Barr- not worth the money
Willis - good player when he wants but think he will want to move on

I would build a team around the ones

Kirky
I agree we should keep most of the squad the one s I would keep are

Antell- done excellent after a poor start
Brown- great number 2 to Antell was unlucky not to get back in the team
Durie- great effort up and down the wings but sometimes gets caught out by good wingers. Still good player
Campbell - took a while to get playing this year but has been brilliant last month or so
Johnstone- great player and won all awards so a must
Muir- been at the club a good while and puts foot in where it hurts
McBride- not sure about this but he has scored from penalty spot often and good at free kicks but that's it. Play as a sub
McManus - just been a bad season with injury but is fit as a fiddle . Will score goals after a good pre season try's his heart out
Samuel - again same as McManus good pre season and will do well. Him and McManus worked well on Sunday .
Smith- not sure but good player

Out
Wardlaw- good in air but that's it and in his late 30's
Sloan- not played much and couldn't play 90 min
White - good servant to the club again same as wardlaw too old
Gormley - not sure looks too light weight and no experience
McCormack - cant pass and too slow
Barr- not worth the money
Willis - good player when he wants but think he will want to move on

I would build a team around the ones I would keep and let others go

Had to fix it sorry

Fat Doug
That might be difficult considering he's signed a pre contact with Arbroath!

Irony alert!!

Gordon Bennett,
You may not have a mind of your own but that shouldn't stop you having a word with the last few posters.

Don`t be nasty to me I`m lonly.

You are indeed.

Benitez

Antell
Durie
McCormack
Campbell
Johnstone
Willis
Muir
Smith
McBride
Barr
McManus
Wardlaw
Samuel

Antell- Definately try and keep.
Durie - Pish. Cant run, cant pass. Release!
McCormack - Waste of space. Should stick to twitter. Release!
Campbell - keep
Johnstone - Junior league player. Release!
Willis - You must be joking! Brutal. Release!
Muir - Only one committed.
Smith - keep
McBride - Keep
Barr - Not worth the money
McManus - Should never have come back. Release!
Wardlaw - Done! Release
Samuel - Done! Release

Antell - keep
Campbell - keep
Johnstone - keep
Smith - keep
Muir - keep
Gormley - keep
Samuel - keep

The rest could all go.

theres some right wankers started to come on this forum, fuck off.

SS
Antell - keep
Campbell - keep
Johnstone - keep
Smith - keep
Muir - keep
Gormley - keep
Samuel - keep

The rest could all go.

This exactly

Gormley should be kept will get better AND hopefully get some good strikers in alongside him.

Folks - there is no "keep" - all of these players contracts are finished as of this week?
So we have no players to keep, just some that the club/BB may want to make offers to re-sign.
With BB jetting off to Majorca tomorrow and still no offers, then a few may receive other offers in the meantime.

If they then go, who can blame them? They have their livelihoods to look after.

EastFife2012- The club therefore should make a statement before he goes on holiday. If he is staying then he will surely know who of last seasons squad he wants to keep and the club to make offers to. If he is not staying then we should be getting on with finding a new manager now so that he has time to get a new squad together sooner rather than later. We just cannot afford to have the shambles we had last summer.,

Guys, the first time the manager would see the players following Sunday was last night. I'm sure everyone of them will now know if they are being offered a new contract or not. Of those who were, some would have bitten his hand off, others want some time to think about it and the remainder would refuse it! No doubt some will have changed their minds on what they would do after Sunday's win
There may be some news before Brown goes on holiday but maybe not and he is only away for a week so its not a disaster if we dont hear anything this week!

Fly on the wall
Guys, the first time the manager would see the players following Sunday was last night. I'm sure everyone of them will now know if they are being offered a new contract or not. Of those who were, some would have bitten his hand off, others want some time to think about it and the remainder would refuse it! No doubt some will have changed their minds on what they would do after Sunday's win
There may be some news before Brown goes on holiday but maybe not and he is only away for a week so its not a disaster if we dont hear anything this week!

We will be hearing plenty on here this week, that's for sure!

Fucktifano
Benitez

Antell
Durie
McCormack
Campbell
Johnstone
Willis
Muir
Smith
McBride
Barr
McManus
Wardlaw
Samuel

Antell- Definately try and keep.
Durie - Pish. Cant run, cant pass. Release!
McCormack - Waste of space. Should stick to twitter. Release!
Campbell - keep
Johnstone - Junior league player. Release!
Willis - You must be joking! Brutal. Release!
Muir - Only one committed.
Smith - keep
McBride - Keep
Barr - Not worth the money
McManus - Should never have come back. Release!
Wardlaw - Done! Release
Samuel - Done! Release

What a wanker

We should get McCord from Alloa, baldy from Brechin, smith from Ayr, and maybe that dobber with the tats from Peterhead.

Noisy crossbar
We should get McCord from Alloa, baldy from Brechin, smith from Ayr, and maybe that dobber with the tats from Peterhead.

The 'tats'! whats that?
In my day it was the bowl cut, but one of the Peterhead guys had one.

That's some shopping list that

Football Manager has got a lot to answer for! It has created a generation of kid-on managers who think they know more than real managers and by f**k, are they ruthless!

If we can keep the majority of our squad and add the right players then we will do okay next season! It's going to be a tough league next year and realistically we are hoping to snatch 4th at best, bearing this in mind I'd like us to try & keep...

Antel
Brown
Durie
Johnstone
Campbell
Muir
Smith
Willis
McBride
Samuel (if he proves his fitness over the summer)

The following I would be prepared to give them preseason before making any decisions, which I know is unlikely...

McCormack
McManus
Gormley

Everyone else can leave, as frustrating as he can be, I'd like to see Barr stay but he is unfortunately a luxury we simply cannot afford & his wages good bring in 2 solid players at this level. If possible I'd like us to invest an extra bit into a goalscorer.

Andrew Miller
If we can keep the majority of our squad and add the right players then we will do okay next season! It's going to be a tough league next year and realistically we are hoping to snatch 4th at best, bearing this in mind I'd like us to try & keep...

Antel
Brown
Durie
Johnstone
Campbell
Muir
Smith
Willis
McBride

The following I would be prepared to give them preseason before making any decisions, which I know is unlikely...

McCormack
McManus
Gormley

Everyone else can leave, as frustrating as he can be, I'd like to see Barr stay but he is unfortunately a luxury we simply cannot afford & his wages good bring in 2 solid players at this level. If possible I'd like us to invest an extra bit into a goalscorer.

Agree totally with the list and the comment. Just hope the manager is reading this. However he may have other plans?

Penpal
Andrew Miller

Antel
Brown
Durie
Johnstone
Campbell
Muir
Smith
Willis
McBride

McCormack
McManus
Gormley

Agree totally with the list and the comment. Just hope the manager is reading this. However he may have other plans?

He'd be a fool not to consider the famous Andrew Miller's diagnosis of the players. Great to see that Andrew would be prepared to allow them a pre-season before making any decisions on these players. I bet Billy Brown never thought about that, after all he has only been in the business since 1970, what would he know eh? Billy probably does have other plans which would be just to hope for the best and take his chances with various players fitness and skills. Actually, why doesn't he just step aside and be No.2 to Andrew Miller? I bet he is well up there in the Football Manager all time top coaches.

Also if the manager does sign a goalscorer with the budget he has got then we should get a decent centre back in like darren barr at this level that's where we have been struggling all season according to the manager and we need to get it right if we don't want another repeat of finishing second botttom again this time around. That would certainly boost if campbell does re-sign for the club and even though white did the job for us its time to move on me thinks and mccormack has been in and out of the team through injury also.
I wonder if malcolm will be retain as bb number two because remember he was signed by durie last summer untill the end of the year and mostly in his season with us was used as bb second hand so I wonder if both have agreed to stay on or will we be getting a new backroom staff aswell as new players?

Tetra
Penpal
Andrew Miller

Antel
Brown
Durie
Johnstone
Campbell
Muir
Smith
Willis
McBride

McCormack
McManus
Gormley

He'd be a fool not to consider the famous Andrew Miller's diagnosis of the players. Great to see that Andrew would be prepared to allow them a pre-season before making any decisions on these players. I bet Billy Brown never thought about that, after all he has only been in the business since 1970, what would he know eh? Billy probably does have other plans which would be just to hope for the best and take his chances with various players fitness and skills. Actually, why doesn't he just step aside and be No.2 to Andrew Miller? I bet he is well up there in the Football Manager all time top coaches.

The guys only putting an opinion across, give him a break. I think you're needing a wee trip down Leith for your hole you frustrated little rascal

Shound bring in Joe Hamill
Pat Clarke
David McGurn
Hope we get one out of 3 more changes of joe hamill I say

Colin
Shound bring in Joe Hamill
Pat Clarke
David McGurn
Hope we get one out of 3 more changes of joe hamill I say

Nah leave them at starks park, seen enough linos moving east every season. Iain flannigan fae falkirk has better quality than hamill and berwick keeper marc mccallum is great. Time to look elsewhere than our nearest rivals for players.

Ryan Donnelly has been released from Airdrie. I think he'd be worth brining to Bayview to play alongside Nade !!

Bayviewboy
I think he'd be worth brining to Bayview to play alongside Nade !!

I didn't know nade was offically signed by the club? Mind bb is on holiday.

Shopping list:
Joe Mbu
Darren Dodds
Rab Douglas
Ryan Wallace

Ps. Good luck to Jordan Forster in the Scottish cup final,
2 years running loan players in the final,Ridgers and Forster.

Keep

Brown
Antell
Muir
McManus
Smith
Johnstone
Campbell

The rest can go

Pat fenland
Keep

Brown
Antell
Muir
McManus
Smith
Johnstone
Campbell

The rest can go

There's nae chance o' us staying up wi' only 7 players neebs!

Numpty
Pat fenland
Keep

Brown
Antell
Muir
McManus
Smith
Johnstone
Campbell

The rest can go

There's nae chance o' us staying up wi' only 7 players neebs!

And what happend to building a team around this lot numpty

We need to bring in about 10 players and get rid of some. The players I would keep are as follows

Brown- good keeper at this level
Johnstone - looked good in a poor team but good energy. He can't cross when he gets up the park though and needs to work on that side of his game
Campbell- only started playing well the last 2 months but looked solid
Muir- good player and if he stays the we won't have a big hole to fill. Local lad who can play in a lot of positions and loves playing for east fife
McManus- this is the only year he has never broke double figures but struggled since pre season through injury so deserves another chance . He will score goals if he got service and he never from our so called wingers
Smith- getting on a bit but still keeps the ball in tight situations.

Maybe

Samuel - only started playing ok the last month but not fit enough .
Durie - for me we lost too many goals down this side of the park . Gets caught out sometimes when going forward.

Out

The rest of the team not good enough and some will leave anyway

As it stands we have no players signed up, manager away on holiday and players told to hand kit back in. No players approached regarding new contracts. Shambles FC

Tetra
Penpal
Andrew Miller

Antel
Brown
Durie
Johnstone
Campbell
Muir
Smith
Willis
McBride

McCormack
McManus
Gormley

Actually I'm the best football manager player of all time! For this reason I hope Billy Brown takes my obviously superior advice.

Andrew Miller
Tetra
Penpal
Andrew Miller

Antel
Brown
Durie
Johnstone
Campbell
Muir
Smith
Willis
McBride

McCormack
McManus
Gormley

Actually I'm the best football manager player of all time! For this reason I hope Billy Brown takes my obviously superior advice.

What!!! take back what I said before.

DPH
As it stands we have no players signed up, manager away on holiday and players told to hand kit back in. No players approached regarding new contracts. Shambles FC

Remember what happened to Pinocchio when he told lies...

Fucking anoraks the lot of you!

Got to keep Antell
Brown
Durie
Johnston
Campbell
Muir
Smith

Would consider keeping Samuel, Gormley

I have spoken to one of the players no contracts have been offered as yet , which I believe is a disgrace!!! Wont surprise me if some of the boys named here are speaking to other teams and it will be the clubs own fault if they lose out ! The board need to get there act together pronto, they first of all need to figure out who is going to be running the club if they leave it to late they will struggle to assemble a team. We must be the only team in Britain that has not got 1 single player signed up.

Fan35 is spot on. Nobody offered any contract, manager on holiday.
But all contacted to hand kit in or be fined.
Shambles.
Some of these players most want to keep will get other offers and WILL leave.

Agree with Fan35 must keeps Campbell, Div muir , Darren smith, stoney, like to see Brown there aswell cause I cant see Antell staying. Cant believe none of the players are not signed up already this baffles me. The boys must be wondering what the hell is goin on.

jim
Agree with Fan35 must keeps Campbell, Div muir , Darren smith, stoney, like to see Brown there aswell cause I cant see Antell staying. Cant believe none of the players are not signed up already this baffles me. The boys must be wondering what the hell is goin on.

Also heard that wages are not being paid on time and that players are going to pfa to get what's owed. This club is a joke and the Stevenson can go and take a jump. I would not sign if players can't get wages and the 1st club that wants them the player will bite the hands off to take contract. Get Hesse clowns and money grabbers out

jim

Also heard that wages are not being paid on time and that players are going to pfa to get what's owed. This club is a joke and the Stevenson and co can go and take a jump. I would not sign if players can't get wages and the 1st club that wants them the player will bite the hands off to take contract. Get these clowns and money grabbers out

I'd like to thank all of the players for turning it on over the last few weeks and doing us proud. It's been a bit of a horrible season, but I saw enough recently, and in the Broon honeymoon, to think that we had enough talent to do very well in this division. For various reasons, it didn't happen.

I'd be happy with any or all of the player back next season, if the manager thinks they'll do the business.

Accounts man
jim

Also heard that wages are not being paid on time and that players are going to pfa to get what's owed. This club is a joke and the Stevenson and co can go and take a jump. I would not sign if players can't get wages and the 1st club that wants them the player will bite the hands off to take contract. Get these clowns and money grabbers out

Source? Which means a name, or a news item.